Gwen Owens-Lee

former gryffindor | conquering the world

OOC First Name
kaye
Blood Status
Muggleborn
Wand
Curved 15 1/2 Inch Unyielding Ebony Wand with Phoenix Tail Feather Core
Gwen was glad to be back at New Zealand, despite enjoying her time in foreign countries. She knew she needed a break from it however and to find something more consistent for a steady income. Cadell had been helping her try to find something, but truthfully she didn't like most of what he suggested. Nothing seemed fun to her anymore, and she often wondered if she should just give up trying to find a job and study instead. It would get her some qualifications to find better jobs and would also give her a taste of what she might be heading into, which was definitely a good idea, but she just wasn't sure if she should tell Cadell what she was thinking just yet.

The woman was walking through the streets in her jeans and leather jacket with resumes in her hand. Cadell insisted that she hand these in to places that she walked past in hopes something might come her way. But the more Gwen tried to find something, the less motivation she had. It was cold, so she tucked the resumes into her jacket and put her hands into her pocket, wondering what she should do from here. Would Cadell be all that upset if she studied instead of worked? Her mind was racing with what she would tell him and she didn't notice that she was walking directly into someone. "Oh, sorry!" she exclaimed, taking a step back just before they collided. As she looked up she recognised the hair. Was he a quidditch player? She didn't want to say anything in case he wasn't, but her heart was beating against her chest, unsure if she should be excited or not. "I'm Gwen! What's your name?" There was only one way to find out if he was.

Apollo Vasilakis did not have anything to do today, which was pretty unusual since he always planned it that he had something to do every day. From therapy to practice to games, Apollo’s life was normally filled. But since his friend returned to work, he had no choice but to do nothing today. Needless to say, Apollo was zoned out. He was not paying attention to where he was going, or just ‘being’ which was someone that was basically on auto-pilot. That is, until he managed to avoid certain embarrassment when their bodies almost collided into each other. Apollo blinked several times and saw that he actually almost bumped into a girl. His age, or approximate. Good thing he stopped when he did. It would have been a disaster otherwise! She apologized, which made him wonder if he should as well. Then she introduced herself and asked his name. Apollo chuckled since any normal conversation would have been apologies and continued on. "Apollo Vasilakis. I wasn’t watching where I was going so sorry if that was startling." Apollo knew that if she had bumped into him, it would not have been too comfortable for her. After all, as a beater, he had to maintain a good physique.

Gwen's eyes widened as the man said his name was Apollo. It definitely rang a bell. He was a beater, wasn't he? "It's nice to meet you, Apollo. Do you play quidditch?" she said, unable to refrain herself from immediately asking the question. "There's no need to apologise, I'm okay." She smiled a little awkwardly, unsure how she should react in front of potentially a somewhat famous person. She wondered what he was doing simply wandering the streets, but thought asking the question would just make everything a little too personal. She was trying to be cool, but wasn't sure if she was instead completely embarrassing herself.

Apollo knew that the next question would likely be related to Quidditch in some way. He chuckled softly, and answered with a grin, "Yeah. I play for the kaikōura kea quidditch team as a beater." Apollo was just glad that she wasn't hurt or embarrassed because he knew that he might be if he was walking and almost ran smack into someone. He would be awkward, honestly, or make some very bad jokes. Both of which sort of defined him if he didn't cover it up with smiles and humor. "Wanted to make sure that you aren't too flustered over this. It is really no big deal. I was not paying attention and the amount of times I have run into people. I end up making a fool of myself, honestly."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back