Meeting of the Closest

Eevie Stratton

Eevie had been in contact with an old friend, one of which she had not seen in a while. But they were best friends, ever since school they had been close. But with Eevie seeming to move further away from Jac house-wise they're friendship hadn't been altered. Eevie was trying to get the dinner ready, she was cooking some soup, nothing to fancy, but you can never beat homemade soup. She went out to the garden and pickeed some patatoes and leeks, bought them inside and washed them and then sliced and diced them, so everything went in just fine. She left it to simmer and stay warm until she arrived and they were ready to eat. She eventually sat down on her pluffy chair and sighed, she couldn't wait to see her best friend after all this time, they had so much to catch up on.

Jacqueline apparated to the location of her best friend's house. She hadn't seen Eevie in a couple of months but it hadn't really affected their friendship. Ever since first year, Jacqueline and Eevie had been inseparable. They had drifted slightly after graduation but never too much. They were still best friends.

Jacqueline was so excited for her dinner with Eevie. She walked gracefully to the door. She knocked on her friend's door with a happy smile on her face. Her new engagement ring was on her left hand. Jacqueline couldn't wait to tell Eevie about the new surprises in her life. She waited anxiously for her friend to open the door.

Eevie was waiting so ecstatically it was is explainable, when she heard a knock at the door, she smiled and courteously walked towards the door and opened it. Seeing a familiar face she smiled "Jac!", putting her glass of wine on the table by the door and gave her a small hug of friendship. "Come in darling" she chuckled.

Jacqueline smiled at Eevie, hugging her back. She stepped inside Eevie's home as she was invited to. Jacqueline beamed at her friend. "You haven't changed a bit! Still as gorgeous as ever!" she said surveying her friend. Jacqueline had missed her best friend. She couldn't remember why it had been so long since they had seen each other. No matter. That wasn't going to happen again.

"You are to flatterng. But as I always say, not as gorgeous as yourself." Eevie said with the smile. She began to walk into the lounge "come in here, i'v actually just painted it" she smiled, when she says she just painted it, it was around one month ago, so the furniture was all nicely in place.

Jacqueline laughed at Eevie's joke. The two girls had always been the prettiest in their year and a favorite with the boys. Jacqueline followed Eevie into the lounge. "Oh wow Eevie!! It looks amazing! I love it." she said, with a grin on her face. Her friend was awesome at remodeling. "You must come see my new house with Raziel. But then again, you will see it at the wedding." she said smiling slyly. This was the first time Eevie had heard anything about the wedding.

"Thank you, it took a couple of days, without magic mind you." She smiled brightly. When she heard something about a wedding, she froze, and the wine glass she was holding fell to the floor, but the charm Eevie had put on the flooring allowed it to repair almost immediatley after it smashed. "Your getting married?" Eevie said with the largest grin imaginable. "Oh I'm so happy for you!" Eevie said truthfully, after he husband died she hadn't really thought about relationships, and she didn't really want to go back into one. "Where is it? What are you going to wear? Where's the reception? What is he like now?" Eevie smiled, firing all these random questions at Jac.

Jacqueline grinned at Eevie's reaction. She knew that her best friend would not be expecting that bit of new. "Yes I am getting married and I want you to be my matron of honor." she said before laughing at the bombardment of questions. "The wedding and reception will be at our new house. Its perfect for this kind of thing. And I don't have a dress yet but I thought you could come help me pick it out. It has to be perfect." Jacqueline said answering two of the questions. She blushed as her thoughts turned to her husband to be. "Oh, Eevie. He is so perfect. Strong, Intelligent, Kind..the one thing about him that might shock you is that he is an auror." she said, laughing at the irony.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back