Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Single
Sexual Orientation
Gay
Wand
Curved 9 1/2 Inch Unyielding Mahogany Wand with Fairy Wing Core
Elvira rather liked her time at Beauxbatons. Fourth year wasn't too hard or stressful yet, as she didn't have OWLS, and she was now part of the quidditch team too. Even if she was only an alternate, it made Elvira very happy to be part of their practices. She rather admired both the captains.

Still, socially she felt like she could be doing better. Even though Elvira was loud and extroverted, she felt lately like she was sticking to close to her best friend. There were many other people near her age that she didn't talk to much. An odd conversation with Cassiopeia had made that clear to her. The other girl had seemed so surprised to be approached by Elvira, and she felt a little bad. So when she saw another girl from the year above her while taking a walk outside in the gardens, she immediately seized her chance. "Hey!" She called to her from a distance, waving her arms as she approached the girl quickly. "Hello! You're sort of new, right?" She hoped she wasn't wrong. "Like, a transfer? Or am I totally wrong. If so, I'm very embarrassed but it's nice to meet you anyway." She said with a grin. She adjusted her scarf and glanced around. Winter time was her least favorite time of the year, but she still liked to be outside even when it felt cold to her.

Meloetta had found peace in the new school, after being home for the holidays did not go as plan. Without telling her, her father had invited her twin sister over. The annoying, dog like behaviours of the other teen nearly drove Meloetta to insanity. Now though, she was in a peaceful place, reading. She was bundled up in a coat and long pants, boots to keep warm, but it seemed like few people wanted to be in the gardens when it was chilly so it was a prime place. However it didn't bring the total down to zero, and thus Mel found herself being spoken to. The blonde looked up and offered half a smile at the unrecognized teen. "I am that is correct." Mel spoke, her accent heavy. Perhaps she had been more well known than she thought. Perhaps the school didn't get many transfers. "It is nice to meet you as well...?" Meloetta let her sentence trail off, she didn't know the girls name, and she looked expectantly at her. Wouldn't that be the first thing a person should do when meeting someone? She honestly wasn't sure, perhaps she was supposed to offer her name. "I am Meloetta." She spoke, as she didn't know what customs the country held for meeting new people. Meloetta closed her book though, as it seemed a companion would stay and talk at least for a moment.

Elvira couldn't help but break into a wide smile as soon as the girl started talking. "Man, your accent is sick." She said enthusiastically. Elvira had one herself, but the Russian accent of the girl in front of her reminded her of muggle movies she used to watch as a kid, though for some reason the ones that sounded like this girl were usually the bad guys. "Awesome name too, Meloetta. Sounds fancy." She said with a nod, grinning at her. "Oh wait, I'm Elvira. I totally forgot to say that, didn't I? My bad. I'm in fourth year. You're not, or my memory is a lot worse than I though it was." Elvira took the girl closing her book as a sign that she wanted to keep talking, so she took a seat next to her. "Do you usually read outside in the cold like this?"

Meloetta was confused by the word this girl used. Did she has a rasp in her throat? "My accent is... what?" She inquired. While she didn't want to come across as unintelligent, she couldn't help but feel like she needed some language from this area explained to her. After all French was not a first or even second language - she didn't speak it fluently even. The blonde then heard a compliment to her name, and her face heated up much like it had when Jaime had told her she was smart. Compliments would always be foreign to the hard-shelled girl. "Elvira is a nice name as well." She spoke, hoping that she was coming off more polite than she had previously. Meloetta had become more comfortable in this school, and in such was becoming a little more relaxed with the people around her. "I am a year ahead of you that is correct. And no, I normally like to be alone to read so I chose out here. You are of course welcomed to sit with me." She spoke, closing her book. "Have you always attended here?" She inquired of the girl, a potential friend.

Elvira grimaced as she realised her meaning hadn't been all that clear to the girl, and she vowed to speak more clearly from now on and in normal terms, not ones she loved out of the English language that she picked up from movies. "It's great, is what I mean. It sounds awesome, nice, good," she nodded earnestly, hoping the girl would take her at her word. She grinned when the girl complimented her name in return, "thanks! I've never been sure if it suits me, though. It sounds kinda fancy, and I'm not very fancy." She shrugged, unconcerned, and brushed some of her dark hair off her shoulders. The cold really wasn't her favorite, but at least the discussion with a new person was keeping her mind off it for the most part. Still, she rubbed her hands together to warm them absently. " Ohhhh so you choose the chilly cold outside world to read so you'll be left alone?" She paused, looking down at herself. "Oops, sorry. Are you sure I can sit?" If she had been accidentally rude to the girl, she didn't want to keep going by being more rude. Still, she happily answered her question. "And yeah. Well, since I was eleven. The usual age, you know. Must be nice to transfer and see more of the world, where did you go before?"

Meloetta smiled ever so gently, day lily lips pulling apart cracked skin as she did so. It was small and slight, but enough to light up her face slightly and let the girl know that yes she took her at face value for what she said. There was no reason for Meloetta to think she'd insult her, Mel was older and presumably (though assuming was always going to bite her in the rear) more adept with most spells. She tried to be anyways, often practicing between readings. "That's... an interesting way to put it." She answered, both the girls statement of her name and her remark on the word 'sick'. "Elvira fits you because you have dark hair and eyes. The name is mysterious and you look such." She hoped it was a compliment to say so, but Mel wasn't sure. "No!" She urged with a small laugh. "You are not interrupting, it's okay." Mel had grown a little more accustomed to people, only being separated by year and not by house. "I was a student at Hogwarts New Zealand. However there were many political semantics I did not enjoy. House separations and other pointless feuds." Mel may not have had a large gathering of friends but she heard enough to know that any other house was often filled with Drama. "Do you travel often?" She inquired curiously, as this girl seemed to romanticize drama. Or perhaps Mel looked too far into it.

Elvira noticed the girl smile, and it made her pause. Meloetta didn't seem like the type of person to smile a lot, which was odd to Elvira as she was usually smiling. But this just made the fact that she had managed to make the girl crack a smile all the more awesome, and she grinned at her in return. The girl saying Elvira suited her because she looked mysterious made her snort. "Mysterious? Really? I don't think anyone has ever called me that before." She said with a laugh, flicking back her dark hair. "I'm really not that much of a mystery, I'm an open book to be honest." She was glad to hear she wasn't interrupting, though she glanced curiously at the book the girl was reading. "What are you reading, anyway?"

Elvira gasped when Meloetta said she was a transfer from Hogwarts New Zealand. "No way! We're going to play quidditch against them in a few months. I'm only an alternate on the team, though. I doubt I'll get to play. I bet we'll win, though." She was very curious about the school. "I heard about the houses thing, it does seem sorta pointless. I can't help but wonder what I would have been, though. Which house were you in? What do you think I would have been?" She asked eagerly, hoping the girl wouldn't mind the questions. "And no, only to Chile to visit family sometimes. I've never been to New Zealand." But she would get to be during the match, which was exciting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back