Meeting her Favourite twin.

Ivana Kalforovich

Wand
Ash Wand 14 1/4 Essence of Hair from the Tail of a Male Unicorn
Ivana was sitting on a random tree swing she had found. She didn't know who had made it but she liked it and sat there frequently when she had to think. She had recently been given news that the family was going back over to New Zealand for a while during the holidays for 'buisiness' as her daddy called it. She had asked him nicely and he had told Ivana that they would be allowed to drop into see Shaylah, her childhood best friend.

Ivana had just written to Shaylah to tell her she would be coming to see her. She sat on the rope swing, it was suprisingly comfertable, and ignored everything around her. She closed her eyes and daydreamed as she swung to and fro, higher and higher each time. Ivana was completely unaware of the person behind her.

Yosif was taking a stroll around the school grounds.
He had completed all assignments and his twin brother was off making mischief, no doubt.
Yosif walked for a while in thought, his eyes closed as he hummed.
But they flicked open when he heard the swing his older brother usually inhabited moving about.

"Zdrav?" He whispered as he rounded the tree.
But it wasn't Zdravko. It was girl.
She had her eyes shut and Yosif assumed she wouldn't notice him.
He edged a little closer and was able to see her face a bit clearer.
She was really quite good looking but not the sort of girl his brother would go for.. He hoped.
Yosif raised his hand to his mouth and gave a light cough to make her aware of his presence.
What would he say to her? He'd have to leave everything to luck.

Ivana heard a cough and opened her eyes, she saw no-one. She looked left and right, she saw no-one. Eventually she realised the person would be behind her. Instead of doing the normal thing and turning around, Ivana moved so her legs wrapped around the rope above her and hung upside down, now she saw a boy, lukily her hair was in a ponytail so didn't fall into her eyes.

"Hello." Ivana waved, now only supported on the swing by her legs wrapped in the rope. "I'm Ivana."

Yosif couldn't help but smile as the girl turned upside-down to see him.
It reminded him fondly of Zdravko.
Yosif couldn't stop himself from speaking his mind.
"That's a lovely name." he said, his cheeks pinkening as he realized he had spoken.
"I'm Yosif." He said quickly, trying to hide how much he was blushing. He couldn't help it around pretty girls.

Ivana smiled at the blushing bo. "Hello Yosif." She loosened her legs and fell the the floor, managing a rolly-polly in time to stop herself from being harmed and stood up in front of him. Though it didn't show on her face, Ivana was very happy she was wearing trousers today instead of the usual skirts and dresses she usually worse.

Ivana studied Yosif, he was quite pretty in her opinion. Pretty in a boyish way. "How old are you Yosif?" She wondered if her habit of repeating peoples names would get on his nerves, it got on a lot of people nerves. It was one of the reasons she had no freinds in the school, most people found her too annoying or weird.

"Thirteen," Yosif replied without hesitation.
It was strange how he felt a little comfortable around this girl already.
"It's my second year here," he said, his mind flicking to his twin brother and how he'd have introduced himself like a silverback gorilla.
Yosif eyes looked to Ivana's.
"What about you?" he asked, suddenly finding his eyes almost glued.

Ivana thought for a second, pndering his answer. "I am eleven Yosif. My first year." She smiled ,her head tilting to the right as she did. There was a dreamy side to her when she was at school, mostly because the friends she had here were dreams. Yosif was the first person to take the time to get to know her.

Yosif could tell Ivana was different to other girls.
She did not seem to judge him for being shy unlike the other girls who laughed and jeered.
"Oh," Yosif shuffled his feet, unsure what to say, "Cool."

A few students passed by, chatting in a gentle murmur.
Yosif recognized one of the students as he eldest brother still attending Durmstrang.
He shuffled round the tree as they passed.

Yosif's eyes shifted to Ivana and he opened his mouth to explain himself.
He was silent for a moment. "..My brother.. Yakov.." He tried to say it casually.
"Do you have any siblings?"

Ivana watched as he shuffled around the tree, out of sight of the passing boys. "What is wrong with Yakov, Yosif?" She didn't understand why someone would hide from their family, family was a lovely thing. "I have an elder brother, Markov. Second year here." Her head moved back to it's original positioning, confusion still etched into her face from his reaction to his brother.

"I.." Yosif turned to look directly at Ivana.
"I'm different to the rest of my family.. They all believe strength is the key and they disown those who lack it.."
His face pinkened. "Yakov is brilliant at the Dark arts.. And my other brothers were too.. I get laughed at because I'm best at Herbology and I enjoy it.. But my family aren't interested in plant care."
He hung his head in shame.
Now this girl surely wouldn't like him. He waited for her to laugh and hit him.

Ivana studied Yosif for a second, his family sounded like her daddy. He always talked about her gettng a nice strong man. She smiled at him. "I like Daisy's the most Yosif. They are simple and sweet." She herself loved herbology, gardening, anything to do with it.

Yosif began grinning like an idiot.
He was a little red in the face because now he realised he was actually attracted to this girl.
It was only then that Yosif remembered he had promised to meet up with Yulian in about five minutes from now.
He didn't want to seem as though he was rushing all this or being impolite but he simply said "I have to go and meet up with my other brother now. It was nice talking to you.. We should do this again."
Yosif then began walking from Ivana, glancing back and shooting her a smile.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back