Meeting a new friend

Kasey Blake

OOC First Name
Nishma
Wand
Holly Wand 15" Essence of Phoenix Feather
Kasey smiled to herself upon seeing her reflection in the mirror. She was dressed in a mini-skirt, black in color and a white top together with some matching accessories and black high heels. She didn't know where she was going to head on this Sunday but she simply wanted to relax for a while, sit in shade and enjoy some nature.

Climbing down the staircase as she chewed her favorite flavor of bubble gum she greeted all the familiar faces on the way. She was in a nice mood after days and what had caused this change she did not know and did not care. She remembered her last Sunday had been spent in the Three Broomsticks with a new guy she had met named Jay who was from Dumstrang. She remembered most of their meeting but the last part she couldn't recall as she was having great amounts of butterbeer that day.

However, she knew that the guy was a cool dude with a nice attitude. What more did one want in a friend and his smile had been simply mesmerizing to her. She remembered to have asked her if he could write to her and she had agreed. Thinking about owling him this evening she realized her feet had brought her to the great lawn.

It was so shady here with the huge trees the Wild Patch club had planted a few years back, all grown to be large trees with fruits and flowers. Seating on a bench she admired her favorite insect, the butterfly that was sucking nectar from a yellow sunflower.

Cecily wandered without any real sense of direction across the great lawn; something she found herself doing rather often of late. Simply enjoying the feel of her bare feet on the warm grass the young girl began to head in the direction of a shady patch of trees. Already she could feel the sun's warmth begining to make her black tresses cling stickily to the back of her neck. The shade would offer some welcome coolness and perhaps even a good place to read the book she had tucked into the back pocket of her cut-off jean shorts.

Upon reaching her destination she let her clear eyes scan the area in search of a good place to sit and enjoy herself, only to have them fall upon another girl. The girl was obviously a few years older than Cecily, pretty, if in a different way then Cecily would have expected, and she seemed rather relaxed and at peace. None of this, however, was what had caught Cecily's attention. Rather, it was the feeling of instant recognition that hit her straight in the gut as soon as this girl's prescence was known to her. Kasey... the girl her brother seemed quite taken with these days.

Normally, Cecily would have never approached Kasey. Even from looks, the girls appeared rather different in attitudes. Kasey was dressed neatly in a black skirt and white top, looking quite composed, while Cecily, In her grass stained shorts, old tank top and shoeless, muddy feet appeared to have just run through the woods at full pace. Cecily was a trouble maker. She thought she remembered something about this girl being a prefect, though she couldn't be certain. She was a Ravenclaw at that. But if this was the girl Jay had taken a liking too, this was a girl Cecily would get to know. She'd do anything for Jay; though the young girl was fiercely protective of her older brother.

With quick steps Cecily soon found herself standing before the older girl, and plopped down next to her, figuring that putting them on an even level would seem less like an attack. She may not like this girl yet, but she really had nothing against her, and didn't want to offend. With an openly honest face that showed little emotion rather than determination, Cecily looked at Kasey, figuring she must be suprised to have a little first year come up and sit right down next to her, but that was just Cecily's way. With as friendly a voice as she could muster for one who may potentially be involved with her brother, she held out her hand while saying, "I'm Cecily. You're Kasey Carla, right?"

Kasey was admiring the butterfly, exploring the different shades of color on its petal and wondering if they could be separated by muggle methods of chromatography and then used to make dyes. Such detailed, stupid and thoughts of no use usually roamed the so full brain of this Ravenclaw however she liked that very much. As she was pondering over that she realized a human figure, a female one, young come into the garden and sit beside her.

She wondered if she knew the girl or if she had sold her a pet or something. She wasn't carrying on with friend finder club anymore and thus didn't know how possibly the girl would know her name. Knowing her or not, Kasey was the friendliest person one could come across. Harmless and kind as she was, she gave Cecily as warm, radiant butterfly smile of hers.

"Hey" she greeted her. "Yes, I am Kasey" she said still having her smile. She tried to remember if there was anyone she knew by that name. Someone who would know her, someone who was a first year. Then a bell rung somewhere in her brain. She was Jay's sister! "You are Jay's sister!" she exclaimed, happiness lighting her face. "I was wondering when I would meet you" she said still not believing that she had actually seen the girl.

Cecily's eyes widened in shock and suprise at the other girls reaction. Jay never told anyone about her right away. This was weird. She wasn't quite sure how she felt. Sure, this girl seemed nice and I thought I was friendly, I've got nothing on her, Cecily thought, but this was her brother. Her Jay. No one would ever deserve Jay in Cecily's eyes unless they were perfect. Sure, she would have probably adored this Kasey girl in any other circumstance..... but Cecily was one protective little sister. "He.... Jay actually told you about me?" she asked, suprise still clearly showing in her voice. "You must really be something special...". In her shock Cecily's tone was merely open and honest, no joy or hostility, nothing to say how she felt.... just honesty.

Kasey grinned on seeing Cecily's amused voice. "Yeah" she said still smiling. The young girl would make a nice young friend, Kasey thought. "I am in Sixth year, Ravenclaw" she told Cecily. "What about you? What house are you in?"she asked her. When Cecily said that she would be special to be told about her sister, she laughed in her hand. "Oh! We have just met once and wrote to each other? How could I be special?"

sorry 4got abt this

Cecily was still evaluating Kasey, but that was just her way. Jay was the most important thing in her life, and she wasn't going to share him with anyone else easily. That person would have to be very special. She did, however, decide to give Kasey a bit more of a chance, she had an easy smile and was very friendly. "First year Gryffindor, but don't let it fool you. The first year part that is. I'm not like most first years. I'm totally a Gryffindor" she replied with a mischevious glint in her eye. Jay could act like a good boy all he wanted, but that didn't mean Cecily had to.

One thing this girl clearly didn't understand, however, was Jay. More specifically, Jay and Cecily. With a serious look in her young eyes and a wisdom far beyond her 12 years, she began to explain. "Ok, one thing you have absolutely got to understand is how close I am with Jay. He's insanely pertective. We've both been through alot, and he takes that very seriously. Jay never tells anyone about me unless he's known them long enough to trust them completely. If he mentioned me to you, it has to mean he thinks you're something pretty special. He wouldn't risk it otherwise." She sat back and took a breath, giving the older girl a chance to respond.

Kasey heard Cecily say she was a Gryffindor first year and when she mentioned that Kasey shouldn't go for the first year part, she nodded with a smile. She could figure out on her own that this little sister wasn't 'little' the way she looked or was spoken of. The girl was quite matured and understanding for her age, Kasey would of course respect that.

"Um...Okay" she said when Cecily had finished speaking about her and Jay's closeness. At first she couldn't understand why Cecily had told her all that. Surely she knew that Jake was close to his sister because if he weren't he wouldn't mention Cecily to her. However Kasey couldn't riddle out the part of her being special. She wasn't treated specially especially by Jake, not yet at least and here was her sister talking to Kasey as if....as if Kasey were Jake's girlfriend or something.

"I mean.. yes. Of course Jake and you are very close. He told me he cares for you very much and I can see the same caring from you" she added with a smile still very confused about what Cecily was thinking about them. "What did Jay mention about me?"she asked wanting to know what was going on between the brother and sister.

Cecily grinned at the girl, seeing that she was confused. That threw her a little. Wasn't this girl supposed to be a Ravenclaw? She laughed silently at her private joke, knowing Kasey probably thought she was a little nuts. "Not sure I can tell you that.... It's pretty much confidential sibling information." She then tapped the side of her head saying, "Come on Kase, use that Ravenclaw brain of yours. Jay likes you." she was hoping this was welcome information, this girl seemed fairly level headed though, even if she was lacking in confidence in Cecily's opinoin. A guy like her brother would probably be good for Kasey.

Kasey raised an eyebrow as Cecily said it was confidential information. They were discusing me and I couldn't even know what they talked about? she thought wondering what they had talked about her. A blush raised across her cheeks as Cecily said 'Jay likes you'. "You mean he likes 'likes' me?"she asked a little amazed to know what Jay had told her sister. Why did he say so when he said that he liked one of the girls from Dumstrang.

"He said about him being with one of the Dumstrang girls" she told Cecily getting even more confused. This brother of Cecily's was confusing her very much with liking her and at the same time writing to her about which girls snogged him. What was he trying to do? Make me jealous? she wondered smiling in her head at the thought. Had Jay gone nuts?

Cecily smiled at the older girl. "Don't seem so suprised there. The way you talk you'd think no one had been attracted to you before." she said with a friendly roll of her eyes. "Now listen, Jay's an awesome guy, and completely charming, but when it comes to actually liking a girl, he's clueless as to what to do. I know he's confusing, but he's worth it, so try to hang on, and don't hurt him too much. I'm sure there are plenty of people out there that are telling him not to hurt you too, so don't even worry about it." she said with an encouraging smile.

Kasey didn't understand anything as it was confusing her more with time. The best solution was to not think about it anymore until she met him and sorted it out. "Um..Okay" she said not knowing what to tell Cecily on her advice. She couldn't work out how this little girl seemed to be so all-knowing in this matter.

"Um..So what subjects do you like here at Hogwarts?"Kasey asked Cecily trying to make a chat on lighter subjects that she could understand and talk on without getting confused.

Cecily looked at the other girl thinking, not entirely sure why Kasey had decided to change the subject, but going along with it anyway. "uhmm.... I like potions and transfiguration the most I guess. I really like defense as well." she replied, hoping to get to know her brothers love interest a little better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back