Meeting a New Friend?

Moko Craven

OOC First Name
Linda
Wand
Walnut Wand 14 1/2" Essence of Vampire Blood
Morrigan could not believe that she had won the first challenge, her head was still spinning from it all and she wanted nothing more than to share it with Gaston again and again. Corinne and Samson had arrived to see her inbetween the tasks and were thrilled for her. Corinne of course still having reservations about it all and had been utterly aghast though extremely curious about the Veela's. Samson had just been so proud of her and Moko had almost remembered what it was like to tell her father these things.

She had just left both of them after a lovely lunch and was heading back to the school, a smile on her face as she pushed her long brown hair back with her gloved hands. She loved this cold winter weather and was glad she had not changed schools as Corinne had wanted. Her breath puffed out before her in pale plumes as she walked quickly along, hoping that the brisk walk would warm her up faster. The pet store was only another block away at least.

Cynthia followed the young girl but made sure to keep a distance she had been in France and watched the first task yet still had no good gossip to bring back to the editor for the next issue, if she didn't act fast they were likely to take away this assignment from her and then she wouldn't be able to complete all the shopping she had been doing with all of the expenses going to the Daily Prophet. Cynthia had to think sneakily and get Craven to open up to her, tell her all of her juicy secretes so that she could in turn tell the entire world. It was only sensible and being from Durmstrang Cynthia was sure the girl understood all about self preservation. After all it was never personal, well some times it was but not always, sometimes it was just about getting ahead and if a few people have to get their feelings hurt well that was just part of the game and a bonus for Cynthia.

Cynthia picked up her step as the Flashy Flash Filmer and the Quick Quotes Quill moved about noisily in her bag, this girl was definitely athletic "Probably taking magical supplements" Cynthia muttered to herself wondering if she might be able to spin a story around that. After a second Cynthia decided to go for broke as she held her hand in the air and called out "Ms.Craven! Ms.Craven!" and began rushing over towards her with a smile on her face "I'm such a big fan!" Cynthia said with a smile and with a bright enthusiasm in her voice. "I mean you were absolutely brilliant in the first task, it's such a relief to know that young girls have such a positive role model to look up too" Cynthia said brightly as she looked straight into Craven's eyes.

Moko spotted the store just ahead but was halted by a voice calling out to her, turning around she saw a very attractive looking older woman coming towards her. Smiling out of sheer politeness though she seriously didn't want to get waylaid, Moko thanked the woman for her compliment.
"That is very sweet of you. Thanks" she turned to move on wondering would it be the same when she returned to school and had to walk through the local village there. Would people seriously recognize her from a few bad photographs in some sports column. Sure she had made front page the day after the first task but she seriously hadn't even bothered to read it, there were enough doing that for her. She had still been very much caught up in thoughts of the Veela, her Veela as she now refered to him and though herself and Gaston had shared a moment Moko's thoughts often returned to the beautiful man.

"Seriously though, young girls really don't have someone to really look up to these days, it's quite a shame really" Cynthia said as she kept pace with the young girl her smile just as bright. "I write for the Daily Prophet in New Zealand and I was sent up to this country to write about the tournament but I think the real story lies with you" Cynthia said with a bright smirk on her face. "I mean to come out on top when nobody thought you would and then have to face all of those allegations the other champions said about you, Why frankly I'm surprised you have the strength to hold such unique composure. I really envy you" Cynthia said as though everything she had just said were absolutely and undeniably the truth.

The woman seemed undetered by Moko's movement and continued on as if the sound of her own voice was enough reason for Moko to stay. Falling into step beside her Morrigan could only glance bewildered at the woman but allowed the intrusion for another moment. As she continued to wittle on Moko finally stopped walking once more, the bait had been taken. Frowning slightly at the strange woman she glanced her up and down.
"You work for the Prophet? What's your name?" her frown only increased though, "what allegations? Just what exactly are you trying to say?"
Moko sure had been keeping herself pretty much to herself since she got to France but surely if either of the other two Durmie's had heard anything they would have told her about it. The woman before her was either a brilliant liar, delusional or knew things that she did not.

"Well I'm a journalist of course I'd have to interview the Champions, I was just saving the best for last" Cynthia said with a smile "But I have to say the other Champions were not so kind, they were saying all sort's of things about you" Cynthia said as though it were truly ghastly things that she didn't want to repeat. "Especially the Champion from New Zealand, he seemed to think that you were cheating" Cynthia said looking down at that ground. "Something about how you knew the Veela and that he helped you get your stones quicker on purpose" Cynthia said with a shrug of indifference. "I know that's not true of course I mean why would such a brilliant young woman like you need to cheat?" Cynthia said as she looked Morrigan in the eye and smiled.

"You know I'm supposed to turn in the article in to my editor but I don't want to" Cynthia said as she placed a hand on the young girl's shoulder. "If you could just give me a moment of your time and a few words for a quick interview I can turn in an article about you instead, since I know the other article isn't true at all" Cynthia said honestly with another smirk. "You know Editors though, whatever sells and if I don't turn something in then I'll probably be out of a job" Cynthia said as she looked at the girl with a slight pout on her face. "The world just seems to be against strong women like us, So I'm hoping you'll help me keep my job and my journalistic integrity" Cynthia said looking into her eyes once more.

Moko listened to the woman fairly aghast by what she had to say. She had never really spoken to the New Zealand contender but after Alex she was not surprised at all by the lying that abounded from those who attended Hogwarts. Why either of the other champions would want to say anything bad about her though was mystifying? What ever happened to good sportsmanship and camarderie? With a sigh she continued to listen and slowly just nodded her head. She simply wanted to get back to the school and have some serious words with the other two but still her own needed feeding.

"Well I was just heading to the pet store if you want to join me? Just ask me anything, I'll try to answer as truthfully as I can" she told her pointedly, glad someone seemed to be on her side even if it was of more benefit to this journalist than what the interview could possibly be to Moko.
"I never knew either of the Veela's" she said quietly, remembering Andrew and the one who never gave her his name, "I wish I had, I wish I did but I don't."
Shrugging her shoulders she began to walk along once more but this time slowed her pace considerably to accomodate the older woman.

"Excellent!" Cynthia said as she began walking with the girl her own bag up so that the quill inside could stand on end without drawing much attention "So please state your name for the quill" Cynthia said with a bright smile as she continued to walk the questions she was going to ask appearing one by one in her head as she quickly spouted them out of her mouth. "Tell me a little about yourself" Cynthia said as she waited for less then ten seconds before asking "What made you want to join such a dangerous tournament?" Her Flashy Flash Filmer jumped out of the bag as though it couldn't stand being stuck in there and began taking photo's of the young girl as Cynthia continued to pop out questions "What do you think of the other Champions?" Cynthia asked as the Quick Quotes Quill continued to write without end.

"What do you hope to learn from this tournament, do you think it will help you next year when your out in the real world?" Cynthia asked as she waited only a few seconds before asking another questions "Who do you think is going to win this tournament?" Cynthia asked as her final question and waited for the answers that the girl provided. She really didn't need anymore since she was sure she could write an excellent article based on the information she got. "I know I spoke a little fast but it was only because I know your such a busy girl and I don't want to take up too much of your time" Cynthia said with a smile. "You know Morrigan, I feel like I really got to know you and that we might become good friends" Cynthia said as she wiped a few fake tears and hugged Morrigan tightly. "We girls have to stick together" Cynthia said as she quickly released the embrace "Anyways got to go chow!" Cynthia said as she turned and left the girl standing there ready to write another devastatingly horrible article.

Moko looked at the woman to the poised quill and sighed, giving a slight shrug as she did so and was almost certain that she had seen the tip of the feather move vigorously before she had even said a word.
"I am Morrigan Craven, I attend Durmstrang academy and I live with my guardians in New Zealand." she shrugged slightly again because she seriously didn't know what else to say on the spur of the moment. It didn't seem to bother this woman though who just ploughed on with her questions.
"Uhm... I guess I always felt as if it was something I was born to do and ..." she seriously couldn't mention about Alex that would be social suicide, "and ... " again another question before she felt she had even finished the previous one. The flash of the camera was also becoming annoying but Moko was used to that at least and just smiled.

"They're ok I guess, of course after what you told me I think I'm going to have to watch my back around them now" she chuckled lightly as they continued to walk.
"I guess yeah, I hope whatever I learn here will help me in everything I do from now on. It's not just about endurance and physical stuff, you have to use your brain and all you've learnt in school or try to remember it and use what you can"

She could only stare at first incredulously before smiling and indicating herself.
"I am of course and if I don't then I'll probably die trying" as the woman hurriedly spoke on she realized she had not caught her name still and it really looked as if she wasn't getting it any time soon either.
"It was nice speaking with you Ms... ciao" she grinned watching the woman walk away, while she turned in the opposite direction and went to the pet store.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back