Me and my Guitar

Sam Prince

OOC First Name
Louise
Wand
Black Walnut/ Maple Wand 12 3/4" Essence of Silver Thistle
Sam lay on his bed and flicked through the latest issue of his Quidditch magazine. He had actually completed several assignments that morning and was feeling a little tired so when a bunch of crazy first year boys rushed into the dorm laughing and shouting, Sam got up from his bed. He couldn't tell them off, it was their dorm too. Instead he left without a word to the boys. He was quite indecisive as to what he would do with the rest of the day, it was only the afternoon, he still had plenty of the day left.

Sam was wearing a brown cardigan over a print t-shirt and a pair of torn jeans, he wore one of his signature beany hats which covered his now quite shaggy brown hair. Sam walked slowly through the corridors of the castle not really having any idea to where or what he would do. He couldn't find any of his friends and he hadn't even seen Toni in the longest time. Sam - for once - actually felt lonely, he was lonely yet he wanted some time to himself? He was walking through the first floor corridor when he heard someone singing to themselves, they weren't all that great but it made Sam smile a little. He knew what he wanted to do. Knowing that the Quidditch Trials were coming up Sam had been practicing out on the Quidditch Pitch in his freetime. He was not given a chance to play his guitar since he arrived back at Hogwarts.

Sam pushed open the door to the Wrock Group hoping that there would be nobody there and it seemed that things were on his side that afternoon as the whole room was empty. Sam closed the door behind him and breathed in the familiar smell of the room. The room was like a 'safety net', it was full of instruments and a lot of the time it was empty. It was a place he could go just to 'chill'. Sam picked up one of the acoustic guitars leaning up against the wall and sat down on a comfy two 'seater' sofa. Although he was feeling indecisive that day it didn't take him that long to come up with a song to play, it was one of his favourites and as he strummed slowly on the song he sang quietly with it, his voice just audible over the sound of his guitar.

Leia was enjoying the peacefulness she had been experiencing back at Hogwarts. Over the winter break she had gone back to New York with her mother, so she had gotten used to solidarity even in crowds of people. Now that Leia was back at Hogwarts she wanted to do some things that her mother wouldn't allow her to do while in New York, like practice Quidditch and play her guitar. Of course Quidditch wasn't allowed because she couldn't expose magic to Muggles, but practicing her guitar wasn't allowed either because her mother didn't approve of it. She had been furious when Leia had finally admitted to her this past break that she gave up piano lessons and switched them out for guitar a while back without her knowing.

So, wearing a simple tank top with a grey cardigan and jeans, the Hufflepuff girl made her way down to the Wrock group room, hoping it was empty. Leia tucked a few stray stands of dark brown hair behind her ear as she passed by the people and carried her guitar with her. Back in New York it had currently been summer, so her tan skin seemed even darker and richer.

As soon as she got there, Leia opened the door and began walking in, with her loose, wavy hair falling in her face to obstruct her view for a moment. Though it didn't matter because she heard him before she saw him. As she looked up she saw her friend Sam sitting there playing the guitar as he sang softly. Immediately Leia smiled softly but didn't say anything in case he hadn't yet noticed her and she wanted him to keep playing.

Sam continued to softly strum his guitar and sing quietly along with it. He didn't notice or hear anyone enter the room and it wasn't until the end of the song when he had looked up that he saw none other than Leia standing there with a guitar on her back. He placed his hand over the soundhole quickly to stop the drifting sound of his last strum. He smiled embarrassedly at her before saying, "Do you always just creep up on people?" He chuckled slightly, not meaning it in a harsh way and he wasn't expecting her to answer either. Sam hadn't seen Leia since the last school term and he could say that he had missed her. They didn't always talk but occaisionally in the corridor or in the Common Room Sam might pass a few words to her, it wasn't like they were best friends, but they were friends. "Am I in your way?" He asked removing his hand from the soundhole of his guitar and rested it on the upper body of it. "I can leave..." His words trailed off as he waited for a reply.

//raf,my system dont work..so you still up for the thread at the lawn//

((Eh...I think you have the wrong people? :ummmm: Well I don't know about Abby, but I don't know anything about a thread in the lawn. Sorry :p ))

[Yeah I think you've got the wrong people, sorry!]

Leia watched Sam play for a few moments longer before he finally realized she was in the room. She had a soft smile on her face and once he noticed her and asked if she always crept up on people she laughed and merely stuck her tongue out at him. "Ha ha," she replied before she took a few steps forward. "Am I in your way?" she asked at almost the exact same time he had said it. Leia giggled and shook her head no to answer his question. "No, stay!" she said eagerly, "You were good," she said in regards to what she had just heard. "Do you mind if I stay or did you want to be alone?" she asked cautiously.

Sam smiled as they both had asked the same question at the same time. His smiled stayed on his lips but retreated slightly when she had said he was good, he shrugged modestly at her and then put his guitar onto the floor, holding it between his legs, "Oh no. Stay!" He said quickly and looked up from the guitar, he then rubbed the back of his neck out of pure embarassment. "Thats if you want to.." He trailed off but then began another sentence before she could respond to any of the stupid things he had just said. "...so how was your winter?" He asked her trying to keep things casual.

Leia smiled reassuringly as Sam shrugged off her compliment about him sounding good. Of course he was good, Sam was the leader of their band, how could he not sound good? The Veela girl grinned brightly as Sam said she could stay, while adding if she wanted to of course in a rather sheepish tone. Leia giggled and nodded her head vigorously as she walked over beside him and sat down, implying that she of course wanted to stay.

Suddenly Leia became very nervous and was scared to perform in front of Sam, so she held off on positioning her guitar to play. Thankfully he asked her a question so she'd keep herself busy by answering it instead. "It was okay," she replied with a shrug. "It was actually summer for me because my mom made me stay with her in New York," Leia explained with just the tiniest hint of sadness. She had been hoping to spend her holiday break in Australia with her father so she could continue to learn how to surf better, but she supposed it wouldn't have been good anyway since it was winter in this part of the world so it didn't really matter. "How about you?" she asked him eagerly in return.

Sam nodded as Leia answered him. "Cool." He said simply, he picked up the hint of sadness in her voice but he did not say anything about it. It wasn't like he didn't care about her, he just was awful at giving advice and he figured it as best to just let these kind of things slide. "New York seems wicked. I'd love to go some day." He said sincerely. He remembered what Leia had told him about New York in the common room, on the night that they first met. He lived in London all of his life, he was used to crowds and noise. Sometimes New Zealand was a little too quiet, especially when his uncle lived practically in the 'middle of nowhere' and although he was now living in New Zealand for three years, he sometimes couldn't believe the stillness of the place.

Sam gave his shoulders a quick shrug, "Meh!" Sam said casually, "It was alright. I didn't do a lot and spending that amount of time with Ava can't be healthy." He laughed, Sam's London accent was still strongly audible in his voice. Sam and his cousin never really talked and if they did it would be to either pass the salt at the dinner table or they would be fighting with each other. He couldn't stand the girl, never could. Sam was sure Leia would have heard of Ava, they were in the same year, they were bound to be in at least one class together. "I'm almost glad to be back at school." He added not really knowing if he had said such a sentence before. But he wanted to be able to hang out with his friends without having to organize a spot in Brightstone. He wanted to be able to just fly freely without having to think if muggles were watching. He wanted to be able to play music again without being shushed violently by Ava.

Leia smiled softly as Sam said he'd love to go to New York one day. She had to admit that most of the time she overlooked the city, never thought much of it, but it was just because she was tired of the routine she and her mother had been following for a while now and as much as she loved being with her mother and trying to please her, her mother often times made New York un-fun for her. She had a feeling that if she brought some friends over however, it'd be much funner, she would be able to show them around!

Leia said nothing much on the matter however, since she didn't think Sam was serious enough to visit so soon. The Veela girl listened as he began speaking about his holiday break. For a moment the mention of Ava's name had gone right over her head, but by the time Sam had finished his sentence, Leia had already cocked her head to the side, deep in thought. She chuckled as Sam said he was actually glad to be back in school, nodding her head in agreement, that was definitely how she felt too. But her mind was still connecting the fact that Ava Prince and Sam Prince were related. "Wait..." she said slowly after he had finished talking. "Is Ava your...sister?" she asked with disbelief and curiosity, a small smile slipping on her face and a pink blush rising in her cheeks from embarrassment at not realizing that they were somehow related sooner.

Sam burst out laughing at Leia's question, "Ava! My sister!!" He said in between breaths. It was bad enough she was his cousin, Sam would definitely have strangled her if they were siblings. He had never seen a lot of Ava before she came to Hogwarts and moved in with Colin and him. He had only ever briefly talked to her, in fact, Sam had only briefly talked to most of his cousins. Now that he thought about it, Ava was probably the cousin he knew the best. That thought scared him. "No shes my cousin." He said calming down a little bit more. There was no humour in the fact that they were cousins. "I hate the girl." He added stubbornly as he placed both of his hands around his guitars neck. "Are you unfortunate enough to know her?" He asked Leia with a hint of curiousity. He couldn't imagine the too getting along that well, Leia was far too nice of a person to be friends with Ava. Ava was a snobby, self centered cow. The two were the complete opposite.

Leia raised her eyebrows in surprise as Sam began bursting out laughing at her question. For a moment she furrowed her brows together in confusion, thinking her question was surely not too absurd, or had she thought too much into the fact that they both had the same surname? As Sam's laughter slowly quieted down, he clarified that Ava wasn't his sister but rather his cousin. This made Leia feel slightly better, knowing that she wasn't completely stupid in thinking the two were related, and a smile formed on her face at thinking how cool it was that Sam and Ava were related.

Leia's mouth dropped in shock, but an amused 'I-can't-believe-you-just-said-that' kind of shock, as Sam stubbornly stated that he hated Ava. "Why?!" she asked, trying (but failing) to conceal a laugh. Now that she thought of it, it only made sense for Sam and Ava to hate each other. First of all, it was almost implied that all close (in age) relatives hate each other, and secondly, Sam and Ava seemed like complete opposites in personality, their Houses immediately being proof of that.

The Veela girl giggled again as Sam asked if she had the 'misfortune' of knowing Ava. Ava wasn't her best friend or anything, far from it, but she had at the very least worked her way up from acquaintance, at least that's what she thought anyway, last year Ava had come looking for her at the Hufflepuff common room (that sign alone should be proof that Ava was willing to be her friend right?) and told her all about her day with Sterling, certainly not something she'd share with just an acquaintance. "As a matter of fact, I do know her," Leia stated matter-of-factly, nodding her head once. "And even though it didn't start off good at first, I think we're kinda maybe sorta friends now," she admitted with a small shrug of uncertainty as she stated that they were somewhat friends.

Why?! Why?! Sam repeated in his head. He couldnt understand how anyone could possibly like Ava. There was nothing about the girl that had a likable factor. She was rotten to the core! Sam didn't see how this question could possibly be answered, she was Ava Prince. Her name said it all. "You're 'kinda friends'?" Sam repeated with a laugh. "Whats that supposed to mean? I'm actually suprised that she has a 'kinda friend'" Sam said using his fingers as inverted commas when he quoted Leia. He knew it sounded quite mean, but he knew Ava (well he thought he did) and she was an obnoxious snob, there was no excuse for her. He was almost embarrassed to be even admit he was related to the girl.

Sam sighed, "I know I sound incrediby harsh. But seriously, Leia, you should see this girl in action!" Sam said looking at Leia in the eye. "Because you're 'kinda friends' you don't really know whats shes like. Seriously. Do not make friends with this girl." Sam warned. He didn't know what Ava was like to other students, he didn't know if she put up a 'nice' act but he had lived with her for the past two years and couldn't find a single nice thing to say about the girl. "Shes not worth your time", Sam added. Sam figured that Ava did not deserve to have a friend as cool and as grounded as Leia.

Every word that came out of Leia's mouth was just continually surprising her and the only way she could respond was in gasps of shock, or laughter. "Well, when we first met it started off good because she recognized my mom," Leia said, cringing slightly at the fact that she mentioned her mother's status in conversation, something she hoped to keep extremely private, she only hoped Sam was too busy focusing in his dislike for Ava to notice. "But when she found out I wanted to be in Hufflepuff she sorta became all mean and stopped talking to me," Leia laughed, not finding anything wrong with that really for some reason.

"But I stayed persistent and decided to befriend her anyway, and try to get her to look past my House," Leia said cheerfully. "So one day she came looking for me at the Hufflepuff common room to tell me something, and then she apologized for being rude to me when we first met!" Leia explained with a bright grin. After hearing herself tell the story of her and Ava, she really couldn't see how Ava could be as bad as Sam was making her out to be.

As Sam had continued to warn her not to befriend his cousin, Leia cocked her head to the side and looked at him curiously with furrowed brows. "Why should I be careful?" she asked with curiosity and cautiousness. "She seems nice to me now..." she said thoughtfully, almost doubting herself once more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back