Kadi
Blood Status
Pure Blood
Relationship Status
Single
Wand
Curved 12 Inch Unyielding Reed Wand with Dragon Heartstring Core
Yellow Rose for @Aine Thompson

Leah was hoping that she'd be able to fine the next person on her list in the great hall before she moved on. It was a convenient place to find people since everyone had to eat eventually. She checked who was next on her list one more time before shrugging and approaching the first group of students she saw at the Hufflepuff table. "Aine?" she asked but none of them seemed to be reacting to the name. "Alright." she said to herself and moved on. She glanced around quickly for Chase to see if he could help her but he was no where to be seen. "Are any of you Aine?" she asked as she moved down the table to a similar reaction. "Guess not..."

The school was abuzz with so much activity today. Aine had always thought Valentines was a waste of time, that people mooning over each other was annoying. She remembered even at primary school girls getting all giggly and making eyes at the boys...who were mostly more interested in playing footy. Stereotyping, sure, but it happened. She just tried to focus on her food so she could get away from the overwhelming noise, when she heard her name through the buzz. She looked up, seeing a younger girl she vaguely recognized from Heta Omega. "Oh, uh, here," she said, raising her hand in surprise. "I'm Aine." She eyed the girl, suspecting she knew why she was here. "Someone put my name down by mistake?"

Leah grinned and sighed with relief when she finally got a positive response to her questioning. "Nice to finally find you." she said with a laugh but hesitated when she mentioned someone writing down the wrong name. Leah pulled out her list and checked it again. It definitely said Aine. "Well I hope not." she said with a shrug and handed over the yellow rose and note. "The note will probably clear things up." she added, not sure what else to say.

Here is to more friendly and lively debate

Emmanuel

Last edited:
At least it was yellow, Aine thought with mild relief as she took the rose with an awkward smile and a small "thank you," figuring she could at least try to be polite and not be so off-putting. She looked at the note, smiling a little more genuinely and feeling bad that the roses she'd sent had been a last second thing where she'd scrawled a couple of notes and probably should have sent more. Still, she owed Emmanuel an apology too for derailing the meeting so badly. She'd have to thank him later. "I feel like this is somehow more stressful than waiting for exam results. Maybe that's just me."

Leah felt relieved when the girl seemed pleased as she read the note. So not a mistake after all. That would have been embarrassing and would probably be a mess to figure out if it had been wrong. She just shrugged when the other girl said that this was stressful. "I don't know. It's loud and chaotic which can be stressful. But I like to think of it as fun! And at least a chance of pace." she explained. "Have you had a good Valentine's days so far?" Leah asked tentatively.

Aine couldn't let her own feelings on the matter and her distaste and despondency towards the day throw other people off. She pulled out the other rose she had, wrapping a ribbon around the two of them together with a small smile and then shoving the mini 'bouquet' back into the side of her bag. "It's...it's certainly a day," Aine said, handwaving it slightly. "I'm glad you're having a good time of it. Do you, uh, need any directions for any of your deliveries?" she offered, trying not to sound as stiff as her wording made it sound. The least she could do was offer some help. Aine wasn't much of a people person, but the paper was helping her have a vague idea of who was who.

"Better than nothing?" Leah offered with a sympathetic shrug. She wasn't sure how to make things better but hopefully she could make sure not to make things worse. She smiled Aine asked if she needed help finding anyone and she checked her list and was pleased to see that she was nearly done. She only had a couple left that were both in her house. "Thanks but I should be good with these last to but I appreciate the offer." she said genuinely. She waved quickly and started to back away. "Hope your day keeps...being..a day!" she called out still walking backwards.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back