OOC First Name
Ana
Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Single
Wand
Curly 11.5'' Sturdy Elm Wand with Meteorite Dust Core
Celia was relieved to have a brand new slate of professors this year. Aside from a select few, she didn't like her old teachers very much. Most of them had been utterly inept, cancelling class at the last minute or giving them pointless assignments. One professor Celia would miss was Professor Corrins. She still wasn't a huge fan of the woman's teaching methods in the classroom, but she had come to enjoy their private lessons and tea-time chats.

Celia knew Professor Corrins probably wouldn't have time to continue the private advanced Charms lessons, but she hoped the woman wouldn't mind her continuing to stop by to chat or study. Her office was one of the few places in the castle where Celia felt comfortable working on her muggle schoolwork. She didn't have to worry about anyone coming across her and asking why she was reading up on American history or solving math equations.

Today, though, Celia just wanted to catch up with Professor Corrins and see if she had any interesting gossip. The professor had always been remarkably candid with her, sharing details about her former life as an heiress and her current one as a professor. By now, Celia had a pretty good sense of Professor Corrins' class schedule, and she made sure to visit when she knew the woman would be free. She was glad to see that her office door was open, and she knocked on the doorframe. "Hi Professor Corrins," she greeted with a smile.

Professor Mallory Corrins

Soft- Shy- Searching- Charms 1-4

OOC First Name
Jess S
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Interested in Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Hetero
Wand
8 inch sturdy Ivy wand with Fairy wing core
Mallory always enjoyed coming back to school. She knew that not all the students would love her, or even like her, but that was just fine with her. She loved all her students anyway. There was just something so satisfying about watching them learn, watching them grow, watching them live that just got to her. On in particular was Celia. She was growing into such a fine young witch. And while Mallory might not be tutoring her anymore, it made her happy that the girl still took time to come visit.

Mallory was just reading over a letter from Atkin when she heard the knock. She looked up, smiling warmly at the young girl standing in her door. "Celia! Do come in," Mallory greeted, waving a hand to set the tea on. "What brings you by, darling?" Mallory asked, setting the letter aside and turning her attention fully to the Slytherin.

Celia Vuong

boldness be my friend

OOC First Name
Ana
Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Single
Wand
Celia brightened, glad that Professor Corrins seemed to be free to chat. Her own schedule was fairly packed, so she didn't really want to have to come back later. "I just wanted to say hi," she said with a small shrug as she took a seat in the chair across from Professor Corrins' desk. Her gaze flickered toward the piece of paper the woman had set aside, but Celia couldn't tell what it was from this distance. "It's kind of weird knowing you won't be my Charms professor this year," she said, giving Professor Corrins a small smile. She wondered what Professor Haden would be like; she didn't know anything about him other than the fact that he'd been teaching for a while and that he had been good-natured (or possibly foolish) enough to volunteer for a jinx demonstration with Professor Drage a couple years ago. "How have you been? Have there been a lot of changes? You know, with the new headmaster and everything."

Professor Mallory Corrins

Soft- Shy- Searching- Charms 1-4

OOC First Name
Jess S
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Interested in Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Hetero
Wand
8 inch sturdy Ivy wand with Fairy wing core
Mallory smiled, summoning over the tea tray as Celia sat down. "Well, hello," She replied good naturedly. She chuckled at Celia's comment, starting to fix a cup of tea. "Well, you're always welcome to stop in," She replied. "Misha is a good man, and a dear friend of mine." She promised. She just knew Celia would love his classes. She smiled at the girls questions, and shook her head gently. "Oh, nothing too terribly drastic. Professor Alcott-Ward seems to be a good man," She mused, blowing gently on her new steaming cup of tea. "I don't know him very well, I'm afraid, but he seems to be a friendly sort," She commented, before shaking her head as if to clear it and turning her attention to Celia. "How are you, dear?" She asked, always happy to check in with a student. Though at this point she would consider them friends, perhaps.

Celia Vuong

boldness be my friend

OOC First Name
Ana
Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Single
Wand
Celia accepted the teacup with a smile. Even if Professor Corrins was just being polite, Celia decided to take her statement as an open invitation to continue to use her office as a study space. "That's good to hear," she said, though she had a feeling Professor Corrins liked everyone she met. This was a person who refused to discipline students who wrote her rude notes. "He helped out with a demonstration for DADA once, and he seemed pretty nice."

She was a little disappointed when Professor Corrins didn't have any good gossip about Professor Alcott-Ward. "It seems like not many people know him well," Celia commented. Granted, that was mostly an inference based off of the fact that he barely appeared in old issues of the school paper and the yearbook. She smiled. "I'm good. I know OWL year is supposed to be really hard, but I'm looking forward to the advanced classes. Some of the new charms sound really useful." Celia decided to not to mention that she had already attempted a few of them. "It'll also be nice not having exams this semester. I've got muggle exams to prep for," she said, wrinkling her nose slightly. In addition to her usual distance learning courses, she had standardized exams to worry about.

Users who are viewing this thread