Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Too Young to Care
Sexual Orientation
too young to care
Wand
Straight 8 Inch Sturdy Hawthorn Wand with Thestral Tail Hair Core
Pearl didn't have a whole lot to do. She wasn't one to study or do anything with classes, so that brought her options down a little on that front, but it was funny, she'd gone from a small house with one person to talk to regularly to this school with dozens of people to talk to, and really Pearl had never felt so alone. They were all making friends and everything and not with her, even though she was more fun and interesting that any of them. Pearl had come out to the lakefront, the rain had stopped and she was mostly splashing in some of the mud as she went to the lake. She'd never seen a lake so big, and was curious to see if there were any creatures lurking at the surface. She'd definitely heard about a gaint eel which supposedly lived there.

Emery had loved exploring the castle the first few days, though he had gotten lost quite a bit. It had been fine, as he found a lot of interesting things while he was lost. Like the slightly cracked remembrall he had found in a dusty corner. He had taken it with him, wondering if it was something he could repair. Emery hadn't been that drawn to the grounds, but after spending all day inside because of the rain, he was happy to take a little walk. He was interested in the lake anyway, as he wondered how deep it was and if merfolk lived in it. He headed there, wrinkling his nose a bit at all the mud. He frowned when he saw a girl sliding around in the mud as she approached the lake. He couldn't help calling after her. "What are you doing?"

Pearl hadn't spotted the other boy as he approached, a little too focused on the lake in front of her. She jumped and then screamed loudly in half fright, and half the drama of the moment. She held on to her chest as she looked towards the boy who had spoken. She let out a shakey breath, really playing it up. "You really startled me!" she exclaimed. "I was just standing here, watching the water, there's an eel there, which I've totally seen, and you crept up on me," Pearl lied without even giving it a second thought.

Emery jumped as the girl suddenly screamed, taking a few steps back. Was she a banshee or something? But it soon became clear she was just a girl, a dramatic one. He frowned at her. "Right." He mumbled, regretting talking to her at all. But as she started talking about an eel, Emery's eyebrows raised. "Statistically, there are probably hundreds of eels in there. They're not that special." He said, wondering why she was bragging about that. "I didn't creep"

Pearl rolled her eyes at him. "No dummy, a giant eel, not regular eels," she corrected him with a laugh, she knew perhaps she could've been more specific but Pearl had figured everyone knew already about the giant eel. She shook her head. "You creeped me out, so, creep," she wasn't being particularly nice to this boy, but she was bored and thus this was a good enough thing for her to be doing.

Emery frowned at the girl as she said she had meant a giant eel, like that should have been obvious? He crossed his arms. "You didn't specify." He told her. "So you're the dummy, if anyone." He said, getting frustrated by this girl. He cocked his head slightly at her next words. "Right. By that logic... you're annoying me, so you're annoying." He told her.

Pearl rolled her eyes at him, "Why would I make a comment about a completely average eel as if that was something marvel, dummy," she retorted, she knew somewhat that she hadn't been specific but it wasn't her fault this boy hadn't known it and it wasn't up to her to be better about it. "Well, better annoying than being a creep, creep," she knew that she perhaps got into more arguments than she needed to but it was more fun than anything else.

Emery stared at the girl in disbelief. "Maybe you're a big fan of eels?" He suggested with a shrug. "Look, I don't know you, so how am I supposed to know you wouldn't be amazed by them in general?" He paused, looking her up and down. "I mean, you kind of look like one." He said, aware the comment was mean. But the girl was being mean too, so it was fair. "Whatever you say, annoying eel." He told her dismissively. He looked away from her pointedly to look over at the lake, which was why he had come here in the first place. Though he wasn't going to be stupid and slide around in the mud the way the girl had. He had some dignity.

Pearl looked at him and frowned, "What gives you that impression?" Pearl asked, she thought it might be interesting to see what the boy thought made her seem like she was a fan of eels. Perhaps it was just because she'd mentioned eel, but really she didn't mind going round and round in circles with it. He called her annoying eel and she thought that was funny, but acted indignant about it. "My name is Pearl!" she exclaimed. Making sure to stamp her foot and everything in her annoyance.

Emery shrugged. "Maybe because you look just like one." He said dryly, glancing around again. He wanted to leave this conversation desperately, this was why he didn't talk to strangers. He stepped away from her slightly, frowning at her indignant reaction. "Peel?" He asked as if he misheard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back