OOC First Name
Marga
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Too Young to Care
Wand
Knotted 11 1/2 Inch Swishy Cherry Wand with Hippogriff Feather Core
Corey had been postponing writing home. It wasn't even really cause he didn't want to, it was mostly because there wasn't much interesting that was going on in school. Or perhaps things going on at school had become sort of normal for him so nothing going on had become relatively interesting. Well, that and he didn't really have anything to tell his parents about with regards to his studies. The subject he only relatively liked was Transfiguration, and even then he wasn't as advanced with his subjects as the Raven twins are. But then again, it was probably because he didn't even like studying. Seriously Flying was the only subject that was fun. It would have been more fun if he could play Quidditch but first years weren't normally allowed to play so he had decided to just tryout next year instead of this year. He was kinda regretting it now though since Jai was part of the Slytherin team, would have been fun to play against him. Anyways, the point was he didn't know what to write his parents, and yet here he was up in the Owlery sending one for fear that if he didn't then his mom would come to school herself to check up on him. Corey wasn't going to put it past his mom to actually do that.

Letter said:
Hello Kaa-chan, Tou-chan!

Gomen, I haven't written home much (or at all). There hasn't been much to tell at all since school started really. I've been sorted in Tou-chan's old house. It's been kind of fun, all the people there are nice, I guess. Oh, there was this one girl that actually helped me find the common room on the first night here. I kinda got left behind by the group since I met up with Jai, Misa and Feli in the Great Hall after the feast. We're all in separate houses you see, so we just had to talk for a bit before heading to the Common Rooms. And I kinda forgot that I didn't know where the common rooms were, or that I didn't know the password. A nice girl helped though so I was able to get there before curfew.

Flying's been fun as well, and it's kind of a downer that I didn't tryout for the house team since Jai's gonna be playing for Slytherin. I'm going to get my chance next year though! The other subjects aren't very fun though but I'm mostly trying. There's another Hufflepuff girl, a senpai, that's helping me with my studies though so there isn't much to worry about. I hope. Anyways, I miss all of you. Say hi to Yuki, Karu, Jeri and Nata for me!

Love you guys!
~ Corey

Taylor had been waiting for a letter from Corey for weeks. She supposed this was her fault really, he learned her habits from her after all, so it shouldn't have come as that much of a shock that this would be a habit he'd picked up. Not that it made the thought of her son so far from home any easier on her. Still, Corey was generally a good boy, and it he got into too much trouble his cousins were there and despite the significant geography between them, they were all generally close, since Taylor and Ai kept well in contact. Not that they traveled as much anymore. Sometimes she questioned her decision to send Corey to Hogwarts over Mohotokouro, but in the end it had come down to sentiment. She supposed she could always change her mind if it became too much.

Hi baby!

Thanks for finally writing to me, I was getting terribly worried you'd been swallowed up by the train, or you'd gotten into an accident, or you'd fallen out of the boat, or you'd died in a terrible, horrible accident... get it?

I'm glad you're having fun, honey, and Dad is going to love that you're in his old house, I guess your more like Dad than I thought, huh? Oh well, I suppose I can try my luck with Yuki next, or maybe Karu or Jeri... definitely Nata though, I'm sure I'll get one of you. I hope you said thank you to the nice girl, I better not hear you've been bad or nasty to anyone, and you better not be using those curse words I know you hide by coughing when you're at home, mister. I know things that happen in that school, so you had better be on your worst behaviour.

I'm glad to hear you want to be on the Quidditch team! I'm not very surprised by that though, I had you on brooms even before you were born, so it makes sense at least one of you was going to get the idea! I can't wait to hear how successful you are, you know I was Quidditch Captain back in the day, don't you honey? And Auntie Ai played too. Your father didn't, but he never was very coordinated in the air, best to keep him firmly on the ground I think.

Just make sure you don't overwork yourself, baby, make sure you keep your head up and if you have lots of trouble, Dad and I can get you a tutor if you want. It's been years since I studied, so I'm not sure I remember how. I look forward to hearing a bit more about your senpai too, I hope she treats you well. Let me know what she likes and we will arrange to have a gift sent to her, your Great Aunt and Uncle would never allow us to forget to send a thank you gift, since she is helping you and all.

Miss you loads,
Mama xx

P.S Karu, Jeri, Yuki and Nata all say hi.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back