Making up for lost time- A cook out

Raziel Black

OOC First Name
Brandon
Wand
9 3/4", Oak, wood wand with Phoenix tail feather core
Raziel stood out on the patio outside the family home in front of a massive grill with a beer in one hand a spatula in the other and some light music on nearby. Today marked his son first birthday and it was going to be a most lavish event because Raziel had to make up for the year that he spent away from his son while he was off wallowing in the triangle. He had been back to work and had been making up for lost time with his wife and son, regardless of the falling out that he and Link had that came to blows causing Links near death and the destruction of the den which had just finished being repaired. Raziel flipped a few burgers and brats as he waited for the others to arrive to help him and his wife celebrate thier sons birthday. raziel had invited a few friend sto the party and hopefully they would be able to make it.

Riley Put on his jacket and ran his hand through his hair. He had got dressed in a hurry and now he was just waiting on Adele to join his own stairs. Lowan was sat on a chair looking at him and smiling while he put his fit in his mouth. He had started teething and he wasn't half crying about it last night. Riley was tired but that just came with the whole parenting thing. Still he was enjoying every minute he was around his family.

When he looked up the stairs he smiled at Adele. "You ready?" He asked his new wife. The were off the a barbecue with an old friend of Rileys. It had been a while since he had last seen him and Riley was quite looking to this. He turned around and picked Lowan up and holding him in one arm. He extended his free to Adele and grinned. "We are apperating there so hold on tight to your stomach." He said with a chuckle.

As his feet left the ground and he apperated the three of them to Raziels house he made sure to keep a tight grip on Lowan, he didn't want to loose his son in the middle of an apperation. When his feet touched the ground again a few moments later he shook his head quickly. " Im going to have to cut down on how much I apperate I think." He said exhaling. He took better hold of Lowan and took Adele's hand in his and headed to the garden where he saw Raziel. "Raziel my friend, throw us a beer will ya." He said with laughed as he slapped his back "How have you been?" He asked.

Regretting her night with Hadan, Adele was doing the best she could to 1 - Keep the one night stand secret from Riley, and 2 - Give Riley all the attention that he deserved. So going along to one of his friends barbecue's, made a good start.

As they arrived Adele smiled at the man who Riley spoke to. "Hey there, I'm Adele...Riley's fianc...I mean wife..." She said with a little giggle, putting on her innocent, 'I don't know you' voice. Adele was still getting used to the idea of being Riley's wife. Adele looked at Lowan. "Hello Boy." She said in a baby-voice as she tickled Lowan's tummy. "Riley are you going to introduce Me and Lowan here to your friend?" She asked, taking Riley by the arm, then kissing him on the cheek. "I Love You." She spoke quietly into his ear.

Raziel heard someone arrive outside of the house, he reached his hand in his pocket and fingered the handle of his wand, then Raziel removed his hand after taking a deep breath. Since the fight with Link and his adopted sons threat to snitch on Jac, Raziel had been jumpy that last couple of weeks and with hsi protcting of Andros he had had little sleep and eventhen his dreams and visions had been gettign worse. Raziel turned when he felt the firm hand slap his back and the young Riley asked for a beer. Raziel threw his arm around the boys head in a mock head lock and tossled the young guys hair. " Beer! Are you old enought to even have one of them?" Raziel teased as he released the boy realizing that they had company. Adele smith was a beautiful young woman and Lowan was also a good looking kid, riley had talked about them passionately and Raziel could see why Riley was a lucky man. Raziel was proud of the guy and his accomplishment since they first met, Raziel always tried to be a mentor and a father figure to anyone who need one having had foster childern and step childern in and out of his life. Now Raziel had his own son now and it only furthered his love and support for those around him.

"Yeah Professor Smith, were are your manners not introducing us properly. My name is Raziel Black and your names are?" Raziel said with a bright smile as he held his hand out to shake the young womans hand. Jac should be here soon to help keep the woman and childern busy as he and guys would do what guys did best maybe their would be a a game of soccer or american football later depending who all showed up.

Riley let out a booming laugh as Raziel caught him in a head lock. "Old enough to take you on grampa." He said as he continued to laugh. Taking the can once he was out of the Aurors grin he opened it and took a sip. His attention was turned back to Adele as sh spoke. He knew it was a put on tone but i still made him chuckle. Riley turned back to Raziel about to introduce them all when he introduced him self. Riley shrugged. "Yeah this is Raziel, as im sure you know now. And Raziel this is my wife Adele and my son Lowan." He said with a grin as he looked down a his son. It was strange how much his life had changed since he had come in to it. Or even since when Adele came in to it. He wasn't complaining though he had actually done something to be proud of in his life now. He had a beautiful family and a wife. He had two jobs as a shopkeeper and a Professor so that he could provide for his family. Sure it was hard work and he was always tired at the end of the day but it was worth it. "So where is everyone? Or am i early for once in my life?" He said as he took a step back next to Adele and put his arm around her. He looked around the garden and he couldn't see anyone else but some people could be inside for all he knew.

Adele shook the guys hand with a smile as he introduced himself. "It's good to meet you Raziel." She said happily, using her spare arm to link with Riley's. After all, she didn't really know too many people at the barbecue, and Adele was feeling a little awkward, but she knew that Riley would make her feel more comfortable. Adele laughed as Riley questioned how early he was. "You see, I'm already having a good influence on you." She joked, playfully nudging him the side as she smiled up at him. "So Raziel how do you know Riley?" Adele asked with a sweet smile, putting on her 'innocent act' as she spoke to the guy. Anyone who was Riley's friend deserved at least some basic respect.

Raziel walked over to a rather nice table and gave his wand a wave and a porch grew out from the side of the house and surround the patio and warm the area up. The grill grew a tall stack on top to allow for the smoke to waft out side and not fill the space with smoke, this way the three could talk in a more warm and comfortable space and the baby did not have to go inside. Raziel turned his attention to Riley first , "You are the first to arrive which is surprising but the kids should all be here today and a few others that are friends to the family. Jac will be back shortly her and gabe stepped out of the house to do a few errands and should be back shortly." Raziel took a swig of his beer and then turned to Adele to answer her question which brough a huge smile on the almost to serious face of his. "I thought Riley was going to jump of the bridge in Obsidien and so I stepped in only to find out that he was going to be a daddy. Where did you think he learned how to handle a pregnant wife?" Raziel said teasingly, he thought of riley as one of the family and had taken to the young energetic boy like a moth to a flame.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back