OOC First Name
Steven
Blood Status
Unknown
Relationship Status
Too Young to Care
Wand
Curved 13 Inch Flexible Cedar Wand with Dragon Heartstring Core
Elijah wasn't necessarily the best at making new friends, especially here at Hogwarts, but he didn't worry too much about that. With the castle being even bigger than Zay and his cousins had described it to be, there was a lot to see and explore. And while it would have been fun to do that with someone else, he couldn't help but want to get the school better as soon as possible. Partially because he was still getting lost every now and then. That he didn't care much for making friends at the moment didn't mean that it couldn't hurt to make at least a couple during his first week here though. He was just still in that awkward phase of having to get used to his new surroundings. The opportunity to make a new friend, however, presented itself much sooner than he thought it would. Elijah had just walked past a girl he had seen his sister talk to in the student lounge earlier that week. He hadn't wanted to interrupt anything back then, but she was here now, and if Kiara was talking to her, then she'd be cool to talk to for sure. ''Hey!'' Elijah said as he caught up with the girl. ''You are new here too, right?'' he asked.

Abby wasn't gonna lie, but she was completely lost. The Gryffindor had decided to go on some sort of adventure of the castle, hoping that it may somewhat help her surroundings. But with every turn she made in the castle, the more lost she became. She was now in the entrance hall, trying to figure out how to get back to her common room when she then noticed someone was speaking to her. She smiled shyly, also giving him a small wave. "O-Oh, um hi," Abby says shyly, as she pulled her hair back behind her ear. "Um, yeah, I am. I'm Abigail. But you can call me Abby i-if you want" Abby says with a shy smile, as she shyly fiddled with the tips of her hair.

As Elijah caught up to the girl, he noticed that she had that same look about her as he had according to his cousin when she found him wandering through the lower parts of the castle. She was lost. It was somewhat of a relief the know that he wasn't the only first-year student to get lost from time to time, especially since he had heard some of their classmates bragging about how well they already knew the castle and its many corridors. He thought that they were full of it, since it was quite impossible to know everything in a matter of days, but hadn't dared to call them out about it. He still needed to make friends after all. Elijah smiled when the girl introduced herself as Abby and for a brief moment wondered if he should tell her that he had seen her talking to his sister in the student lounge before. He decided against it, thinking that it might give her the impression that he was perhaps stalking her. ''I'm Elijah,'' he replied. ''I'm new here too. Can you believe how big this place is?'' he added, sticking to small talk for now.

Abby smiled shyly as the boy introduced himself. "It's nice to meet you," Abby says shyly. It was always nice to meet people, especially those at school. She was a bit lonely at the moment, though it was hard for her to approach people. Abby nodded quickly in agreement. "Y-yes. This place is huge. I've gotten lost the last couple of times" Abby explains, as she blushes a little from embarrassment. She had hoped that she wasn't the only one getting lost in this huge castle. There were so many stairs and corridors that all looked the same. "Have you gotten lost or confused your way around here yet?"

Elijah snorted when Abby asked if he had gotten lost or confused yet. ‘’You have no idea how many times I’ve taken the wrong turn and ended up somewhere I didn’t know at all,’’ he told her. He had actually found a talking statue that way, but because he didn’t know where he was, he had no luck finding it again the next day. ‘’Wouldn’t it be nice if they actually gave us a tour through the castle?’’ Elijah asked Abby. ‘’I get that they want us to explore around a bit and get to know the school better, but honestly, I think most of us could do with a tour.’’ If the boy would continue to get lost on his way to the common room or a bathroom, then he’d seriously consider asking Zay or one of his cousins for a tour around the castle. They had been here for ages after all and would know the castle pretty well by now, or so he hoped.

Abby giggled a little at Elijah's comment. "All the corridors and stairs look the same to me. It's confusing" Abigail stated. It was a wee bit frustrating to her that she didn't know where everything else was. The Gryffindor nodded in agreement. "Right? A tour would be great. The castle is quite huge, and a confusing place. Each turn is a new corridor that looks the same as the last" Abigail mutters as she then laughs a little. She did agree that a tour would be great. She was sure that she and Elijah weren't the only ones who were confused with the areas around the castle.

Elijah was actually a bit bummed out that he had not been able to find that talking statue again. It seemed pretty intelligent for a statue and he would have loved to have a proper conversation with it. If only they were given a map he could use to find that particular corridor again. Why did every corridor and stair have to look the same? And how did people remember them so well? There must be certain markers or something to look out for that would help you to know where in the castle you were. ‘’Maybe we should use crayons to mark every corridor,’’ Elijah said, thinking that he’d leave those markers himself if it would help him find his way through the castle better. ‘’Do you think that the professors would object to that?’’

Abigail chuckles a little at Elijah's idea. "That's honestly not a bad idea. It would make things a lot easier. I dunno how the others know which corridor is which. It's all pretty confusing" Abby says with a chuckle. Sure maybe each corridor had different paintings on the wall so it kinda helped to notice the difference. But they still looked the same either way. "I hope not. It's a good idea. For sure. Quite helpful." Abby says with a chuckle. The girl was slowly opening up to the boy. This always happened after a while of her talking to someone. "I think at this rate, they want us to leave a bread crumb trail to find our way back"

Elijah wondered if the professors would actually allow students to leave little marks around to recognise were in the castle they were at that point. Probably not. If they’d allow one student to do so, then every single student who was prone to get lost would want to have recognisable markers around. It would be a shame, though, as it would greatly liven the walls of the castle up a bit. He often walked through corridors with nothing but brick walls and boring tapestries. Elijah chuckled at Abby's comment. ''I think the house-elves would go crazy if everyone started leaving crumbs,'' he replied, thinking of the mess it would make if everyone started to use bread crumbs to make a trail for themselves ''Where were you going to anyway?'' the boy asked, curious to know if perhaps he knew the way to get there.

Abby chuckled a little. To be honest, she may or may not have forgotten about the houselves. "I mean I guess you're right. It was worth a shot though" Abby says with a giggle. There for sure had to be some sort of tactic of not being able to get lost around this huge castle. Maybe she could ask one of the older students and see if they had any sort of tactic of not being able to get lost. Her cheeks went rosy red of embarrassment when he had asked where she was heading. "I was trying to get back to my common room. I ended up getting lost a few times on the way. I think I ended back here" Abby says shyly with a chuckle, as she looked around her surroundings. The Gryffindor wasn't sure how she was going to manage the next seven years of her schooling. "How about you? Is there anywhere, in particular, you were heading?"

It was worth a shot for sure and would probably work too if it wasn’t for the house-elves. They would need something more permanent to help them navigate through the maze that was Hogwarts if they wanted to stop getting lost all the time. He briefly wondered if he should ask Zay for help with that, though even he had said that he would get lost at random times. He listened attentively as Abby told him where she was meaning to go to. He knew that the Gryffindor common room was located somewhere around the upper floors, though couldn’t lead her the way even if he wanted to. ‘’The entrance hall is as good a place as any to end up at, though’’ the Slytherin said, knowing that the hall was usually filled with students going up the stairs to their classes or common rooms. ‘’I was trying to just walk around for a bit and remember as much as I could. I also ended up here.’’

Users who are viewing this thread

Back