Making friends

Veronica White

OOC First Name
Hamza
Wand
Yew Wand 14" Essence of Fairy Dust
Veronica was having another of her breaks and this time she was going to spend it well and NOT get drunk. The memory itself of Zac's heart break was enough to give chills to Veronica let alone thinking about what could happen if she drank again.She was wearing a blue mini skirt with black leggings and a white tank top that clung to her body. That is why today Veronica had planned on wandering the village like a good little girl, shopping a little, drinking some butterbeer and making friends.

Thinking about friends she had just realized that she was running low on female friends and she was planning to rectify that before her boyfriend started noticing that part. Sipping her fruit punch she walked, her heels tapping as she moved. The sun was hot above her therefore she decided to sit a while in an ice cream shop and gain some weight because Zac had been worrying about her poor diet. She ordered a double choco mint and played with the stands of her hair watching the crowded ice cream shop while she waited for her ice cream.

Rosie had decided to test her apparation skills and if apparation could take her anywhere,she would try going to some places where she would enjoy.So after purchasing a wizarding world atlas,she decided to go to Bulgaria because it had summer and Rosie wouldn't mind getting a tan and warming up her skin.She packed some of the clothes from her summer wardrobe and decided to leave the rest of her luggage at her rental apartment.

She dissaparated just outside her flat and apparated on a busy street in the main wizarding market of Bulgaria.She breathed in deeply filling her lungs with warm summer air.It felt good to have the sun shining on her skin.She walked to one of the nearest benches and sat down.She realized that another girl was already sitting there."I hope you don't mind company."she told her with a smile which rearely appeared on her face.

Veronica's double choco mint arrived and so did a smile on her face. She hadn't eaten ice cream for more than three months now and she was dying to remember the taste of some of her favorite ice creams. She wished Zac was here but she would just have to find someone else to hang out with. She turned to look at a girl come and sit on her table and flashing her a smile. She didn't mind company, she wanted it!

"Hey" she said with a bright smile trying to be just as good as others were to her. She noticed that the girl looked a little elder than her but her voice clearly stated that she wasn't from Bulgaria. "Thanks for the company" she said trying hard to make a conversation because usually it was others who did this part while she sulked and scared them away. "I'm Veronica White" she said introducing herself as she ate some of her ice cream which was very delicious. "Would you like an ice cream?"she asked the stranger girl. Luckily Veronica's fathers little fortune was now hers since he had died and even her mother was rich, getting money from unknown sources so Veronica didn't bother budgeting like she had before.

Rosie analysed the girl's face.She was young around 15 but she had a good height."I am Rosalinda,but you can call me Rosie."she told her with another gentle smile.It seemed that the warmth of the place was making her warm from the inside."I was a popsickle a few minutes ago,so I'll pass.I think I want a cappuccino."she said not positive if Veronica would understand what she meant by her first statement."I just came here by apparation for a short stay.I was spending my holiday in New Zealand but it is really cold over there so I decided to come here."she added so that Veronica would understand where she came from. "Are you from Dumstrang,Veronica?"she asked her.Her name was really a mouthful like her own."Do you mind if I call you Ronnie?"she asked her.It was a pretty goofy nick name and Rosie hoped that Veronica wouldn't mind.

A confused smile appeared over Veronica's face as Rosie said something about popsickle. The only part she understood was about her wanting a cappuccino and therefore she ordered one. When Rosalina elaborated, Veronica understood her more clearly. "Yes, I am from Dumstrang, in my fifth year" she added with a smile as she ate her ice cream.

She nodded when Rosalinda asked her if she could call her Roonie. "Have you graduated?"she asked Rosie wondering how come she was on a world tour when she seemed like she should be schooling. "What's your home town?" she asked as Rosie's cappuccino arrived. "I wouldn't drink this...not on such a sunny day" she said eying Rosie because she wasn't sure how she was going to drink this hot cappuccino.

Rosie yawned once and covered her mouth with her hand.It was almost lunch time and Rosie always took a nap after lunch."Actually I was home-schooled by a group of very experienced professors.I graduated two months ago and decided to spend some time away from home.I live in Los Angeles,USA."

"This is to get rid of my sleepiness.I can't stay awake after lunch time but this helps me."she told Ronnie.She was well aware that Ronnie would find this fact very amusing.Not many people took a nap after lunch in their busy lives.But Rosie had always lived a relaxed life. "So a girl like you is hanging out alone on such a nice day?I don't believe you are single."she stated.Veronica was pretty and seemed to share a common knack for black eye make-up.

"Wow, that's interesting" Veronica said not being able to hide her excitement about the fact that Rosie was actually from US. Veronica had always want to go to the US and see the place for herself but well there was no one to take her and she would just have to wait to be of age. Veronica nodded when Rosie mentioned that the cappuccino was helping her from falling asleep.

Veronica finished her ice cream and then ordered a French fries for herself since she was feeling hungry. Veronica almost smiled when Rosie asked her about her love life. "Well, its complicated" she began as she ate her fries. "I have a boyfriend but well he doesn't trust me anymore so we haven't broke up yet but we aren't together" she explained wondering if Rosie would get her. Veronica was giving Zac his time and space so he would come to the right decision.

"Boys!They loose trust so easily."she exclaimed.She had a lot of experience with boys and none of her boyfriends lasted more than a week.But mostly it was her breaking up.Poor guys they thought that she really loved them."I've had a lot of bad breaks.But lets hope he gets over it."she said as she sipped her cappucino.The cream in it made a mustache over her lips which she licked off.She ran her fingers through her hair trying to keep her bangs from falling into her coffee."So what happened?"she asked Ronnie curiously.She wanted to know if Ronnie was like her,if she believed in 'boys are toys' or if she didn't.

Veronica had to agree a little to the first part. Boys did loose trust easily but it wasn't entirely Zac's fault. Her actions had crushed him and she was well aware of it. When Rosie said that she had many breaks, Veronica raised an eyebrow. She couldn't imagine someone being cool and lively after surviving break ups. She sipped her juice and then answered "Well..its a long story" she started.

"You see..my father...um we owned a bar and a hotel and so I used to take alcohol sometimes, you know sneaking and everything. Now that he passed away I don't get much chance since I haven't gone back to my home town since his death so this one day I was alone from morning and was very bored the whole day" she explained sipping some more juice for something to do because this memory was painful. "And then around eleven in the night I crept into the kitchens and finished about four full bottles of firewhiskey...yeah well" she explained. "And well I was drunk and there was this handsome fourth year and well I nailed him down and he was flirting back. Then my boyfriend saw us kissing at three in the night. You can imagine the horror" she said with a small chuckle. She wasn't laughing at Zac but at her own stupidity for doing that. "Must admit, the guy was hot" she said with a grin and then started laughing.

"Whoa!Really?I had firewhiskey for the first time on my 17th birthday but I didn't have too much because of my over protective boyfriend."she told her as she listened to the rest of her story."Poor guy must have gotten a shock,but it's his fault,he shouldn't have left you alone,I mean a boyfriend's obligation is to give company to his girl!If he didn't pay you attention it was inevitable that you would fall for another hottie."she said with a mischievous grin and a wink.

She sipped from her coffee.For the first time she actually registered the taste of what she was drinking.It was definitely the nicest cappuccino that she had had for a long time.Then she put her cup down and asked her "So after your father passed away,whom do you live with?"she asked her in a concerned voice.She hoped Ronnie didn't miss her father very much.It it would have been Rosie in her situation she would have brought floods in Bulgaria just because of her tears.

She smiled as she watched Rosalinda's expression to her drinking story. Many people including Zac had found it very hard to believe that Veronica took alcohol let alone believe that she sucessfully managed to sneak and fool the bar tenders to serve her when she was under age. "Zac didn't believe this story until I cried" she said remembering how hard she had worked to make him believe that she had actually been drunk that night. Veronica sipped her fruit punch and then started playing with the miniature umbrella that was decorated with her glass.

"My mother" she told Rosie when she was asked with whom did she live. "She has this big ancient manor and is very rich since she owns some wizarding school or something. She has adopted many kids but I am her only biological daughter that I am aware of" she added with a smile. Veronica had been going on about herself since Rosie had taken a seat and it was her time to ask questions and get to know more about Rosalinda Montez. "What about you?"she asked her taking another sip of her punch and finishing it.

"I live with my parents.I don't have siblings or any other relatives that I know of.My dad and my grandparents are not on good terms.They had a row because since dad is the only child in the family my grandfather wanted to give all the properties and business as heritage to his grandson but my mother had me and then she had some problems which made her infertile.Grandfather wanted dad to remarry but dad refused."she explained as she sipped her cappucino.She had never known her grandparents and they were never mentioned at home.

"I cant miss them cause I have never met them but I dont think that if we ever meet they are going to like me because I was the one who caused the problems."she told her in a emotionless voice.Rosie really loved her father for standing by her mother even when his own dad was against it.

Veronica nodded understand how Rosie was feeling towards her grandparents. The waiter came to ask if they wanted anything else. "I'm done" she said with a grin finally feeling something in her stomach that had been empty and hungry for so long. Veronica was running low on a few supplies and she was wondering if Rosie would go shopping with her. "Hey, do you mind shopping with me?"she asked her as she paid the waiter.

"We could purchase a few of my school supplies and then look up some clothes for Winter. It looks like it will set in before fifteen days" she said noticing the chilly winds that blew in summer indicating the presence of an upcoming winter.

Rosie's cappucino was also over by the time Ronnie finished her fruit punch."Me too..."she told the waiter.She took out her small wallet and paid the waiter and said to Ronnie,"Sure,I could also buy a few souvenirs of Bulgaira.Its not like you can come here every day,is it?"she said as she pushed her chair back and stood up from the table."And then you can also show me what this place has got."she said with a wink.She wished that she would have come to Bulgaria for vacation instead of New Zealand.

"Cool" she said with a smile when Rosie agreed to go shop with her. "This is just a small village, all you see here is poultry and mountains with few shops. Someday you should see the capital, its loads cooler although I have just been there once" she said as she started walking on the familiar path.

They passed a few shops of the carpenters that sold cheap furniture before arriving to the school supplies area. She needed a new comfortable eagle feathered quill and few bottles of green ink. She walked inside and asked the assistant to give her the writing materials. When they were done with buying her writing materials Veronica spotted a cute souvenir shop. "Lets check it out" she said with a smile as she crossed the small street and entered the shop with Rosie.

Rosie followed Ronnie as she led her though the small streets of the village.After living in LA for her whole life,Rosie couldn't find a single reason to like this small village but inspite of that she admired the greenery arround her and the beautiful mountains surrounding the village.

"Yes it must be cooler but this place is really beautiful.I grew up in LA and trust me it is a huge city but there is nothing natural there.You can hardly see any woods or as a matter of fact even the sky is grey due to pollution."she told Ronnie.Even though Rosie liked shopping malls and movie theaters she also loved nature.She followed her into the stationery shop and waited as Ronnie purchased her supplies."Sure!"she replied as they crossed the road and entered the shop.

Veronica nodded as Rosie said that the cities were full of pollution. Veronica did love her village more than anything else but she missed the city life which she had just seen once in her holidays. They crossed the street and entered the souvenir shop that was filled with all sorts of Bulgarian items like pots and pans,music instruments, show pieces and other clothing item. "I have a similar thing" she said pointing at the bulgarian dolls.. They were so cute and she used to play with them together with her other village friends when she was small.

"Wow!" Rosalinda said as she looked at the cute dolls. "How much for that?"she asked the shopkeeper but he didn't seem to understand. Rosie looked at Veronica for some help. She wanted these dolls because they seemed like the perfect souvenir.She got out some cash waiting for Veronica to help her with the translation.

Veronica smiled as both Rosie and the shopkeeper seemed to be confused. She nodded at Rosie and spoke in Bulgarian "How much is this for?". The man smiled at him and told her the price. She helped Rosie with the transaction and got her the dolls. "Thanks"she said to the shopkeeper before she walked out of the souvenir shop. "There are a few boutiques over there" she pointed to the far end of a street where a corner started leading them to another street. "Lets check them out but you can't expect USA fashion" she said with a smile as she leaded Rosie to the cloth stores.

"Thanks for that." Rosie told Ronnie with a grateful sigh.Atleast Ronnie knows Bulgarian!she thought."Who taught you Bulgarian?"she asked Ronnie as they walked along the side of the road."You know I have never been the one who can learn new languages,it's like English and that's all!"Rosie chatted on."And don't you think an Italian accent or a Russian accent is kinda smexy?"she asked Ronnie not quite waiting for an answer before continuing."I mean I had a boyfriend who was Russian,and damn it!He mesmerized me by the way he talked."

"Anytime" Veronica said with a smile as the entered the boutique. It was one of her favorite cloth shops in the area. "Ow..I spoke Bulgarian in my childhood until I joined Durmstrang. It's my mother tongue...well father tongue actually" she said with a grin surprised how lightly she could joke about her parents. Veronica scanned a few knee-length coats and a purple one was very cute and good looking. "True" she said as she laughed agreeing with Rosie about the accents. "I mean, I have a Bulgarian accent but that's not much fun since most of the people around here have the same and its not noticed easily" she explained as she looked for black leggings. "But we do have a few guys in school...the one whom I kissed was an Italian as well" she added with a smirk.

"Really?You're kidding me,right?"she asked Veronica and then continued "I've never been lucky enough to be kissed by an Italian but my friend who lives in Italy alway tells me how Italians are great kissers."she told Veronica as she looked at what Veronica was admiring."You like purple?"she asked her as she picked out a black coat.Black was her color but sometimes she wore other colors which complimented her skin just as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back