Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Sexual Orientation
Ares
Wand
10-inch flexible black walnut with Fwooper Feather Core
Dimitri hadn't tried his hand at throwing a dinner party before. He'd done a bit of research, and finally settled on trying to make meat pies for dinner. The crust came out a bit thin, but he hoped it was alright, anyway. He set them on the table, pulling out some cool drinks before checking over his apartment one more time. His place was still pretty barren; he had a guitar and stereo in one corner of the living room, with a couch and a tv against the wall. He had four chairs in his dining room now, and he'd gotten a few highchairs tonight in case he needed them. His dishes were still all mismatched, and he hoped that Charlotte wouldn't mind. He hummed softly, pleased with himself as he moved back into the kitchen. All he needed now was his company.

When Dimitri invited Charlotte over for dinner, she couldn’t be more thankful for this new friendship. It had been a couple of years since her best friend’s death and she hated talking about it. Death had happened too many times in the past and she learnt she shouldn’t dwell too much over it as it took away from all of life’s happiness. First it was Avie, then it was her uncle, then it was Maddie, and even James wasn’t around anymore, but not in the same way. It seemed that everything she loved left her, but she was happy to still have Dan, and happy as well to have made a new friend.

Charlotte apparated a few doors down from where Dimitri lived, one hand holding Violet’s and the other holding the twin’s pram. She wanted her children to meet her new friend as she really felt that they needed another adult in their life and someone they could potentially talk to if they weren’t feeling too comfortable talking to their parents. She understood what that was like, and thought this was a good idea. She walked through the apartment building, up the stairs, and knocked on Dimitri's door.

Violet wasn’t too sure where she was going, but apparently they were going out for dinner and the girl couldn’t complain too much. She liked going out, and she knew her mother did too, so she hoped it would be fun, and perhaps there would be other kids there that she could play with. She held onto her mother’s hand tightly as they apparated. It was always fun apparating and she couldn’t wait for the day that she would be able to do it herself. As they walked through the apartment building, Violet wrinkled her nose a little, wondering how people could be living so close together. It was a scary place and the girl made sure to stay as close as she could to her mother as they waited for whoever it was to open the door.

Tri perked up when he heard the knock on the door. He hurried over, throwing it open and smiling widely. "Hi!" He greeted, offering his arms up for a hug. "Come, come," he stepped back, letting them in and skipping back in himself. "Dinner is ready, if you're hungry, but I rented a few children movies if you would prefer that first," he chattered, smiling at Charlotte. "I have high chairs, I do not know if you need them, or I can pull out blankets for a fort," he chattered, a little nervously, unsure of how to interact with children and just listing off a few things he had heard about.

As Dimitri opened the door, Charlotte beamed at his enthusiasm. She loved his energy. "Hey Dimitri!" she exclaimed, happy to pull him in to a hug. She walked inside before then gesturing to her daughter. "This is Violet. You haven't met her yet, and of course the twins as well, Willow and Autumn." She smiled, before then looking around the man's apartment. There wasn't much to it and the woman couldn't help but frown. She was glad that he had provided high chairs however. It was all very thoughtful of him. "Are you hungry?" she asked Violet, happy to have her decide so she didn't get bored.

Violet wasn't surprised at the man's greeting as he opened the door. It was similar to her mother, and perhaps that was why they were friends. She followed her mother inside and wrinkled her nose at the apartment as she looked around. "Do you have any decorations?" she asked, used to the picture frames and the potted plants in her own home. Did this man even have a family? He seemed quite alone, and the hopes of him having other children she could play with were now gone. "Oh a fort? Like where we go under the blankets?" Violet asked at the mention of it, excited to do that. She thought for a moment however, not sure how fun that would be with two adults and no one else her age. "Would you guys fit under there though? We might need a lot of blankets. Would you even have a lot of blankets?" It didn't look likely with the way the man was living.

Dimitri smiled, looking between them. "Hello, Violet!" he greeted. He chuckled at her questions. "Not yet! Maybe you could help me find some?" He offered. He laughed again as she asked about blankets. "I have lots of blankets," he promised. "I do not like the cold." He whispered like it was a big secret. He looked between Charlotte and Violet, smiling impishly.

Charlotte couldn't help but sigh a little as Violet asked about some decorations. It was typical of some people not to have too many things around their house, but clearly this wasn't something her daughter was used to. Charlotte had to admit that she expected her daughter's reaction, but she also couldn't help but be a little embarrassed. "Yeah, maybe we can help him later?" Charlotte said, wanting Violet to take her mind off it. She knew Dimitri needed a few more pieces of furniture too, and the woman would be very glad to help. At the thought of a fort, Charlotte beamed. "Oh a fort sounds exciting! Let's do that!" She wanted Violet to have fun, and if that's what Violet wanted to do then Charlotte wouldn't stop her. The woman turned to Dimitri as her youngest two started to become a little restless. "Do you mind if I take the twins out of the stroller for a crawl around? There's nothing around here that you don't want them getting into?"

Violet simply nodded at the idea of helping the man find some decorations. She knew that they would need to go to the shops to buy them anyway, and they were probably mostly closed now. She smiled as he said he had lots of blankets. "Okay then, we're making a fort." she said simply. "Where are your blankets? I'll set it up." Violet knew that the adults were probably less experienced than her, and so was happy to take the wheel with building the fort. "And we can eat dinner under the fort because I'm hungry." Violet peered around the man into the kitchen, wondering what there was to eat.

Dimitri smiled, summoning out the blankets. "I am yours to command, little princess," He bowed to Violet with a sly smile, winking over at Charlotte. "Sure, let them down. I do not have anything they can bother," he informed her. He turned back to the young girl, sinking down to sit on the floor. He was ready to help her build the fort, pleased to have so many people in his apartment. It was fun, he liked the energy.

Charlotte smiled as Dimitri and Violet seemed to get along. She was sure the night would go perfectly if Violet wasn't too demanding, however Dimitri didn't seem to mind either. "Thank you." she replied as she let the twins out of the pram. They crawled in opposite directions but Charlotte made sure to keep a close eye on them. "Do you mind if I help too? We have the lounge, coffee table and dining chairs to use. We can put the blankets over them." she offered, watching out of the corner of her eye as Willow began attempting to climb up one of the chairs.

Violet couldn't help but smile as Dimitri referred to her as a princess. "Princess Violet, I like that. I can be Princess of this fort we are going to make." she said, beginning to like the man even more. She wondered why no one had bothered calling her a princess before. She nodded as her mother offered to help. "I think we just use the dining chairs." She headed over to them, pulling them out and pushing them close to each other. She moved Willow out of the way, letting her crawl further into the kitchen, before grabbing some blankets and putting them over the chairs. "Do you have a pink blanket? Princess usually have pink castles."

Dimitri hadn't been planning to make a fort tonight, but he couldn't deny it was fun. He watched the twins crawling around, moving around to help wherever the girls let him. "Oh, Princess, we can make these blankets any color we want!" He told her, pulling out his wand and changing all the blankets to varying shades of pink. "Do you want any other colors, Princess?" He asked, picking up one of the babies that had started crawling up his leg. He blew a raspberry on their belly, smiling at the giggles before gently putting them down again and moving back towards Violet.

Violet enjoyed building a fort with the man. She wondered how he was so nice and imaginative and he didn't even seem to have any kids of his own. She giggled as he changed the colour of the blankets with his wand. "Purple! Yellow!" she exclaimed, watching as Dimitri changed the blankets to those colours. She didn't intend for the fort to become rainbow, but she had become quite carried away with it and that was what it turned out to be. She put the blankets up across the dining chairs and crawled underneath it. "Come!" She gestured for the man and her mother to follow her. "Do you have any kids of your own?" she asked Dimitri, hoping he would say yes.

Dimitri had fun, helping Violet build the fort. Once it was done, he crawled in with her and settled down onto the floor, laying on his belly. He smiled at her, shaking his head. "No. You're the only kid in my life, princess," He winked playfully, conjuring up a handful of pillows to litter around the fort. It looked better now, he thought, and more comfortable. He turned back to the girl, smiling. "Are you hungry?"

Charlotte watched as both Violet and Dimitri built the fort. She loved how spontaneous and creative her daughter was, and simply giggled as she had fun with Dimitri changing the colour of the blankets. Once they were done, Charlotte followed Violet into the fort. She wasn't as nimble as she used to be, but luckily still playing Quidditch meant that she still had some flexibility left in her. As Dimitri asked about food, Charlotte nodded. "Yes, this seems like a nice and cosy place to eat in." she said, looking around at the blankets around them and hoping that they wouldn't fall on top of them.

Violet smirked a little as Dimitri answered her question. It was sad that there were no other kids to play with, but at least that meant Violet could be the number one princess. "And I guess you're not going to have any children then?" she asked, fishing for some more reassurance. He didn't seem to have a wife or anything and so Violet thought perhaps he didn't want any children. When he asked if she was hungry, she quickly nodded. "What are we going to eat?" she asked curiously, hoping the meals he cooked were better than the meat and vegetables that her mother always provided to her.

Dimitri smiled, summoning in the tableware from the kitchen and a few bottled drinks. "Not for a long while, princess," He replied with a wink. "I still have to convince my boyfriend to move in with me, we will see after that about a child." He reached out, meaning to brush her hair back. "You will always be number one princess, though," He reassured her with a playful wink. He summoned in the food then. "I tried to make meat pies, I hope they're alright," he smiled between the two of them. "I didn't know what to feed the little ones," he told Charlotte, nodding at the two babies that had crawled into the fort.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back