Make her say

Leah Winters

OOC First Name
Malynne
Wand
13" Sequoia Dragon heartstring
The past several weeks had been exasperating for Leah Winters. She had been torn between two loves and finally broken the heart of one she had the most history with. She regretted her actions and most nights wished desperately to be under Link's muscle toned body, regardless of what his personal feelings for her were. She knew that this longing was partly because Henry had not been around much, and she wondered if he decided to use her and throw her away, something he had promised he would not do. She trusted him, and now it was yet another thing she could add to her list of mistakes.

Leah decided to continue life as normal, although behind the pale mask of expressionless emotions she hid the seed of sadness, threatening to bloom when it least should. It was incredible how something that she was put through in the past was now shoved upon her in the present. It was time to begin to heal, Leah knew this, but just when she felt like she could try, yet another worry crossed her mind. The potential child resting in her womb.

It was something she had neglected to think of when she enjoyed herself with Henry and Link, and now the past negligence was coming to call. Leah did not have all the usual symptoms, but the day she woke up with her head in the toilet expelling her stomachs contents it suddenly hit her. She began to count on her fingers the last time the monthly curse had come to call, and it was realized that it definitely had been a while since experiencing it.

Leah was afraid, something odd to feel when normally she felt confident in all aspects of life. Another thing that was just as frightening was the question of the child's father. Link had been in her life before Henry, and the passionate nights with them did not happen too long ago. The question of who was now up in the air. She could determine who it would be once told how many weeks, but what would she do then?

Leah didn't allow herself to panic, although that was precisely what she wanted to do. Instead, she asked a female Death Eater about a healer and got the name, Nicolette Styx. She knew the name... The Styx were very large supporters of the dark movement, and logically the Styx woman was the only appropriate choice. She wanted privacy, and St Mungo's was much to be desired.

Nicolette had no idea when she became a local charity case but it seemed like a lot of Death Eaters needed her help these days because they didn't want to do to St. Mungos. She didn't mind so much at first but as it continued on she began to grow tired of fixing people's problems when she had a lot of her own to tend to. She had just given birth to twins and recently hacked her father to pieces so she was dealing with quite a bit lately. Seriously the next time someone bothered her when she was trying to rest or bond with one of her babies, they were going to get popped in the face or perhaps scratched to death by her sharpened cat claws. Did they not get that she had a life too, really she used to be the biggest fun lover in the entire world but lately she was ready to take the world and hack it into pieces with a particularly large sword or something. But she would continue to try and help who she could, after all the Death Eaters needed to keep strong in case the Aurors gave them trouble. She was probably the most advanced Healer they could ever have so she didn't mind that so much. In fact she was probably one of the most skilled Healers in New Zealand, they owed her something eventually. But in due time she would need to do this, hopefully avoid ripping off any heads and just do whatever it took. She needed something to keep her mind off her father anyways, she killed him and to be honest she felt free now. That little piece of light that she was hanging onto was gone once again and the mean and nasty Nicolette that once existed was back. Before Nicolette left she said that she needed to be somewhere and gave her children all a kiss before she apparated off to see what this younger Death Eater needed from her.

Apparating into the Apartment, home, and residence of Miss Leah Winters, Nicolette sighed and brushed some of her honey blonde hair. Her thin fingers brushed it away to reveal lightly tanned skin and bright sparkly golden eyes. Much like those of a cat in the dark of the night. "You sent for me?" Was the only thing she asked as she lowered her hand to her side, her straightened blonde hair framing her face carefully. She probably didn't look very intimidating in her outfit and motherly glow, but she figured that since Leah was a Death Eater much like herself she would no better than to assume that Nicolette was no pushover. Why was she needed here? Was the girl sick or something? Nicolette hoped it was something easy and non-tasking.

It was a frightening thing to go through. Potential pregnancy when you were alone and unaware of the true father was enough to stress out even the most stable witch. Leah had prided herself on staying calm in dire situations... When Luxen had tortured her senseless even then she was able to keep her bearings and withstand the intense and seemingly never ending pain he had caused her. There were no after effects, because she had blamed herself for venturing on Bleak Streak in the dead of the night. It was only natural that she would fall prey to that evil spirit. Right now she would prefer one hour in Luxen's care, rather than be told she was expecting a child.

She missed Henry. She missed Link. Miss, miss, missed. Leah couldn't help but frown. This was a terrible time to face this ordeal alone. She wanted Henry to be with her and hold her hand, although weak as that sounded. She wanted him to believe it was his, and be grateful that it was with a woman he loved. If it were positively his, then she would have sent for him in a heart beat. But as the case was, she would be tending to this alone.

"Hello." The healer had arrived quickly, and Leah smiled in greeting. "I apologize for tearing you away from your family. Congratulations on having twins, by the way." This was another reason she wanted Nicolette to be here and see what was wrong. She was experienced in pregnancy and childbirth, and would be able to help Leah better than any other could. "I will of course pay you for your services. I don't expect a handout." Leah's tone was polite. She respected the Styx'. They were an important family, and she was very flattered that Nicolette had agreed to see her on such short notice. Perhaps she was finally proving herself to the older and wiser Death Eaters. Or maybe they just felt sorry for her.

"Anyway. I have suspicion that I might be...with child." Leah shrugged, feeling somewhat ridicules. "I just don't know."

For a moment Nicolette looked confused as she stared at the girl, was this really Leah Winters? To Nicolette she looked really young to be a Death Eater. How could someone so young looking be one who followed the path into the dark? How young were the people they were letting it? "Your... Leah Winters right?" The woman did sound like her and everything but she wanted to make sure that she had apparated to the right place and was dealing with the right person. Her voice was soft but still held an aura of coldness. She did have a softer side but she was losing it more and more everyday as she continued to realized that most people's lives were nothing but a joke. She was then greeted by the younger Death Eater and was also apologized to for being torn away from her family. At least she seemed to understand the idea of family values and everything. Sometimes Nicolette forgot that the other Death Eaters probably heard plenty of the rumors about others, especially the older and more well known ones. So when she was Congratulated on having twins it only took her a moment to get an idea on what the young Death Eater was talking about. "Oh...thanks." She blinked her golden eyes for a moment before she rubbed her hand over her arm just ever so slightly. A hint of her dark mark could be seen as her sleeved lifted up a little. Nicolette didn't bother to hide it because if this girl really was Leah Winters then they were on common grounds and she had nothing to worry about. If she wasn't then Nicolette wouldn't by shy about killing the girl, being tricked was not on her to do list. She advanced towards the girl and raised and stared at her with no change of emotion when she was told that the girl thought she was with child.

"So you think your pregnant, hm? You might want to sit down then because I have a few things to ask you before you get tested for it. Is that alright?" Nicolette brushed more of her golden hair away from her face and now she was right next to the young Death Eater presumed to be Leah, about an foot or so separated them. Hopefully this girl wasn't as young as Nicolette thought she was, a kid shouldn't be really having a baby. As enjoyable as they were they also sucked a big part of your life away. Nicolette's life was all about her husband, her children, and her Death Eater duties by this point. Fun was no longer something she enjoyed often, hopefully this girl cherished her youth while she had it. "For starters, how old are you anyways?" Nicolette's eyes bore into hers as she tried to guess what age the young girl might be. She couldn't be much younger than twenty or so. If she was pregnant then there wouldn't be huge problems like age in the way and everything. Would the possible father be involved, there was just a lot to go through.

"Yes, I'm Leah Winters." She gazed at the woman with curiosity in her eyes. It was natural that she could be suspicious of her when the summons were so sudden, and the fact that her past was not exactly squeaky clean. She refrained from saying anything, Nicolette's actions were only slightly worse than the ones she had committed in the past few months. She had finally killed her father, something Leah had been focusing on for a few years. It had consumed her until she finally asked Hades Lutrov for help and he did more than deliver. William's battered and broken body was brought to her feet, and then he was killed by a combination of blood loss and snake venom. She had found that poison and snakes were things that she really enjoyed. Using them to seek revenge was only a plus. "You are welcome." Leah replied. Some people embraced motherhood, and wished to have many children, but Leah Winters was not one of them.

Her eyes flickered onto Nicolette's marked arm. She smiled a little, looking back up at the woman who carried it proudly. Her own arm was still unmarked, something that was both good and bad. She did not have to wear long sleeves or disguise her arm with potions and spells, and did not have to worry about the wrong person seeing it. On the other hand, she did fall into the category of 'Young and Unexperienced' and that did bother her. Lack of a mark meant less respect from other followers, and the thirst to prove yourself without looking overzealous and foolish. It was a difficult process in a Death Eater in Trainings life, which made wanting to earn the mark stronger.

"Yes, of course that's fine." Leah sat down, and looked up at Nicolette, feeling a bit intimidated. It was not everyday that you had an Elite Death Eater in your living room, determining if you are pregnant or not. She glanced around her apartment quickly, making sure that it was still as tidy as she had made it earlier that day. Everything was still in place, pillows fluffed, candles lit, and plants watered. Everything was as perfect as it could be. "Did you want to sit down?" Leah beckoned towards the couch she herself was sitting on and a reclining chair only a foot away. "I'm nineteen."Leah despised being so young. She sometimes felt as if she were an older witch in a child's body. Many did not take her seriously, and the ones that did were on the receiving end of a curse or hex.

Nicolette nodded her head when the young girl confirmed that she was indeed Leah Winters. Although it did allow her to relax a little she didn't completely trust her. Most young Death Eaters were uncommonly stupid so it was hard to tell which of them were really to be trusted and who weren't. "Well then, it's a pleasure to meet you then Miss Winters." Nicolette winked one of her gleaming golden eyes. It would be hard to tell if she was being sarcastic or not but she wasn't actually quite serious. It was nice to meet the other Death Eaters in the business even if they were younger then her and mostly considered to be pawns in most of the older Death Eater's eyes. Actually the more people that Nicolette knew the better she could do her Healing duties and keep an eye on those she needed too. Because it wasn't like she particularly cared about any of them other than her family members. One had to be careful these days with who you trusted anyways. Death Eaters were fighting their own commrads these days which was a sure sign that they were starting to either fall apart or let too many idiots in. Did they really know what it was like to be a true Death Eater. Sometimes Nicolette wasn't even sure if she really knew what it was like, she was only eighteen or nineteen when she came into contact with The Dark Lord and joined his army. Shaking her head she focused her thoughts onto the task. There was no need for her to go back and think of things that had happened so long ago.

"Nineteen? When I was your age I was being trained by the Dark Lord to fight in a war not...eh nevermind it can't be helped." Nicolette seemed surprised at first then just disappointed with the younger girl. Nicolette had never even been with a man until she met her husband so she was a little surprised with how young girls were going out and having children these days. Especially Death Eaters with the dangerous work they did. She would force herself not to judge completely though. It was not much of her business, she was just here to check for a pregnancy then she would be done, right? Nicolette sort of hoped so as she had been dragged out of an afternoon with her children then later on her husband. That always made her a little on the grouchy side, even if she wasn't supposed to really go on about it.

Nicolette shook head and remained standing as she tried to go through her head over what questions she needed to ask Leah. They were just small questions that would help her determine some things. "Firstly, what symptoms have you been having? And Are you married or were planning to have a baby or anything like that?" For all the blonde Death Eater knew, Leah was married and trying to actually have a kid. It seemed likely that she wasn't but there was not room to judge when you barely knew a person. Nicolette knew these questions were personal but they sort of had to be in this case.

Leah's recently plucked eyebrows raised at Nicolette when she unexpectantly winked. "The pleasure is all mine." She was unsure of what sort of game this woman happened to be playing, but she would go along with it, if needed. They had never made much a conversation before, and this could be the only time that they would. "My apologies for not being born sooner. Believe me, if I had the choice I would go back in time and join the Dark Lord in his fight for power." She looked at Nicolette with a smile playing around her lips. "It is a regret that most young Death Eaters feel. But, you are right. It cannot be helped." Leah shrugged and beckoned towards her abdomen. "Although, this could have been helped." It was stupid to not take such caution when dabbling with men, and now she was paying the consequences of her decision...or lack of one.

Perhaps she had gone to far with her remarks. Leah gave a little sigh. "I am sorry if I am too direct." It was better to stay respectful and quiet, rather than say something that would offend a Senior Death Eater. "Lot's of stress." No excuse, one should never forget themselves in front of someone of importance. She only hoped that Nicolette would understand. Regardless, she listened to the woman's question and began to answer: "I've been experiencing morning sickness. And I...didn't receive my monthly gift."

Leah rolled her eyes at the term she had used for it. "I'm not married... I am not really in a relationship. At least I don't think I am anymore." She wanted to be with Henry.... or maybe with Link, but at this point in time, it seemed impossible to even the happiest optimist. "Trust me, this wasn't in the plan."

Nicolette wasn't sure if she should act like she normally did around this girl or make sure she closed herself off and kept her emotions in check. After hearing the girl speak again she decided on the second one. Trust no one but those really close to you, it was how you survived the longest. "Try not to dwell on it too much. No matter what you do or accomplish, the young Death Eaters will always be discriminated against. Unless you come from a very powerful family chances are most people will just see you as a kid. You'll grow out of it someday." Nicolette told Leah honestly. Almost offering her a smile but stopped herself halfway and got back to getting herself ready to check out and see what was wrong with Leah. It was something very true though. Most Death Eaters that first joined or were very young became the pawns. It wasn't that they were disliked personally but young people in general were viewed as stupid and unskilled to do what the older ones were allowed to do. For the first couple of years when she joined even Nicolette was looked down upon. Of course she wasn't considered a rookie for as long as some of the ones today were. She had joined during a war and anyone fighting in that was more than respected, she also had a unique ability that others deemed to be valuable. Leah said that maybe her current situation could be helped and Nicolette nearly scoffed. It could be helped but it wouldn't fix much. People never changed.

The girl apologized and Nicolette's smirk grew sly. "There's hope for you yet. Just learn to watch your mouth next time, I'm in no mood to deal with brats today." Nicolette sighed and wrote something down. She was off the subject and was now onto Leah's symptoms. She was having morning sickness and hadn't had her period yet this month. For a moment that did sound a lot like pregnancy but when she said there was lots of stress the blonde stopped herself. This could also be stress related so she wasn't going to say anything just yet. The girl also told her that she wasn't married or anything and that this wasn't the plan, so if she was there could be some issues. Then again there could be absolutely nothing wrong at the same time too. Finally Nicolette nodded her head stood up and reached into her bag for something. It was a potion. One she knew how to make herself actually.

"We'll do this the quick and easy way then. Drink this potion in one gulp and as soon as its gone, tell me how it tastes. If it is bitter and horrible tasting, you are not pregnant, but if it is sweet and sugary, then you are pregnant." Nicolette uncapped it and held it out to the girl, her small fingers wrapped around the bottom of it so she could avoid dropping it. This was the quickest and easiest way other than doing all the bloodwork and stuff. The blood was not always as fun. Not that Nicolette minded the stuff, it just sometimes got messy and sometimes others had problem with it as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back