Mai and the Slytherin students

Mai Mizushima

Mai sat on the bench where a lot of the students were eating their breakfast. She was eating hers, too, though she wasn't so lively today. It's been so long since she arrived at Hogwarts, but she is as friendless as she was during her first day. "It's because Slytherins are too proud to befriend other people." she murmured in her seat and looked around.

No one in this House would want to be friends with a muggle born like Mai. It was a given. It was part of the whole thing. That's why this is happening!

Mai was thinking. Thinking. Thinking. And thinking. In fact, she was too consumed with thinking that she didn't notice that the juice she was pouring to her glass was now overflowing.

Ryuuji was alone, and of course, that was highly unusual, for normally, he had tons of friends with him, yes it was given that some of them weren't as real as he thought, but at least, he's not alone. Yet, at the moment, everyone had seemed to busy themselves with their studies, what with them being sorted in Ravenclaw after all. And so, having nothing better to do, Ryuuji headed down the great hall, eat his own breakfast, and prepare himself for the surely long day ahead of him.

The Ravenclaw table was as full as always, giving him no further space to seat on, of course, he wouldn't want to push himself with those students that were so much older than him, that would just be so... uncomfortable. Walking idly around the hall, he tried to look for a place to sit, anywhere will do, there isn't an exact policy that a student should only seat on his house's table, is there? Just as he was about to give up hope, he's attention was caught by a girl, probably about his age, who was staring of in a distance not even noticing that her juice was now pouring out of her glass. Finding the sight to be quite amusing, he approached her, a big smile in his face. "Eto... just so you know, you're wasting your juice.." He whispered leaning down so he's at eye level as the girl.

Mai looked up to see a boy who seemed to have said something to her, just that she didn't actually understand it. "Haah? I'm sorry. I didn't catch that. What did y--KYA!!" Mai quickly stood up when she realized that the table was wet. The pitcher in her hand was already empty. "My robe's all dirty again!" she exclaimed childishly as she dried her clothes with her handkerchief, not remembering the boy who had talked to him. When Mai was done fixing her robe, she threw her wet handkerchief away, accidentally hitting another first year student nearby.

Smiling, she got out of the table and was about to leave when she saw the boy who talked to her earlier. Mai paused and stared at him, not losing her smile. She was sure she didn't know this boy. Why, this boy is Ravenclaw! Mai never befriended anyone outside her House. Not that she was being prejudiced, you understand. It's just that Mai was trying so hard on befriending people from Slytherin that she didn't care that much about other Houses. "Your table's supposed to be there." Mai said with a tone that made her sound like some innocent child who's not even sure if what she's saying is true. She smiled, either ways and pointed the Ravenclaw House's table.

Ryuuji had had to laugh when he saw the girl's reaction, or more so, lack of reaction to what it was that he had said. Apparently, she was just too engrossed with her own mistakes and her own robe that she didn't realized that he had just talked to her and that he was still waiting for her answer. Eyes twinkling in amusement as he saw the said girl threw her handkerchief away and hit another student, Ryuuji looked apologetically to whoever it was that was hit, cause if he didn't, he knew that a fight between the girl and the said student might have have to take place.

He's attention was returned to the girl when at least, she had decided to acknowledge his presence and talk to him, well, what she had said was just not something that he had expected though. "Yes I know that..." He said, nodding his head as he did so, a warm smile crossing his face once more. "But it's too crowded and well, I saw you staring off in the distance, not even noticing that you are already bathing in juice, so I figured that I must at least talk to you." He added casually, shrugging as if what he had said was the most obvious thing that one would have noticed.

Mai raised her eyebrows as she listened to the boy who was explaining, one way or another, why he's talking to her right now. Mai thought the boy sounded a little too mature for his age, and wondered why he's being so friendly. No one in Mai's House was this kind. They're not that type. And she wondered, too, if other Ravenclaws were like this boy in front of her. If yes, then Mai ought to visit some people in that House, especially now that she seemed too hopeless to find a Slytherin friend.

When the boy was done talking, Mai chuckled. And, pulling out her wand, flicked it to her robe, casting a spell that cleaned and dried her robe. The next one was the table. She flicked her wand again, completely cleaning the mess she caused awhile ago. It was a simple spell Mai learned why she was reading a random book at the common room. Where she'll find that book again, Mai wasn't sure. She had finished reading it, anyways, though she wouldn't know where to find it if she forgets about some spells she learned from that book. What a waste. "My mind flew farther than usual, that's why I didn't notice that I was already spilling the juice." she explained, raising a finger to point out the facts. "But it's fine now, as you can see. No big deal." she added with a smile. Smiling wasn't a usual thing in Slytherin. But since this boy in front of her was being kind, Mai thought she'll smile, too. Just this once, though. She glanced at the Ravenclaw table again. And then looking back at the boy, she gave a confused look. "Aren't you supposed to be studying? I think they're talking about their lessons there." she pointed a group of Ravenclaw students just a few feet away. "They sure are studious." Mai ended, feeling a little distasteful as she looked at the group of studying students again.

Ryuuji watched in satisfaction as the girl conjured up spells in order to clean the mess that she had just made. Simple spells could clean those things up apparently, and she need not to worry about her robe as well. Ryuuji then turned his full attention to the girl, there was no doubt that she was a slytherin, seeing that she was currently siting at that table, nevertheless, she doesn't seem like those usual slytherin kids who thinks that they are much more superior than the others, and well, it seemed like she had no group of friends around her either. For all he knew, though Slytherins are not that likable, they do stick with each other as well, some sort of unity he guessed.

"Yeah, I figured that you do." He said, sitting down on the Slytherin table without minding whatever the consequences would be, well, he's a ravenclaw anyways, so, it really was no big deal than having a gryffindor sit on a slytherin's table, right? Ryuuji had had to smile when he noticed the girl smile as well, well, it's kind of unusual to see someone, much more, a slytherin, smile like that in front of a stranger after all. Ryuuji then followed the girl's line of vision as she pointed to his fellow ravenclaws huddling around to themselves and talking about the past lessons, trying to figure out what could possibly appear in the exams. "That's the word.. I was SUPPOSED to, but then I got bored.... seems like I'm placed in a wrong house then." He remarked, chuckling lightly to himself as he wonder how different he was from his fellow ravenclaws, of course, he does love studying, but he's not just as studious as they were. That's probably the reason why the sorting hat had said that he fits in all three houses.

The meeting with the new Dark Elites had been confusing. Clyde didn't like the new members at all. What a big cliche, he thought as he entered the great hall. More disappointing than anything. His gaze fixed at the Slytherin table, Clyde walked passed through students of different houses as though they were nothing but mere dust. And what of Terry and the others? So he's the only one left to bear with Lykke's attitude. It's completely unfair. But why did he even join the group again..? If he wasn't too much affected by boredom, he wouldn't have done such a thing.

As Clyde was about to sit at an empty space beside a young first year girl, a boy--a boy from another house took the place where Clyde was supposed sit. "Lost your way, little raven?" Clyde exclaimed, waiting for the boy to notice him. Clyde only stared at him. Whether he looked bossy or indifferent, he didn't care. He had already talked and he never takes back what he said. Maybe Clyde was just annoyed about the meeting. Or maybe he just wanted to have a decent place to sit. "There's plenty of seats back at your table. You should occupy one of them because this place is for Slytherin students who're probably too tired to tell you that they need a seat."

Ryuuji turned around to see who was the owner of the voice that he had just heard, apparently, it was a boy who was pretty much older than him. "No, I haven't, I'm perfectly capable of knowing where I went, so, no, I didn't lost my way." He replied casually, not really caring whether his answer would somehow intimidate the said guy, if he did, then, nothing could be done right?

Shrugging to himself as the boy stated that he should go back to his table, Ryuuji made no effort to obey. "Your name's not written on this seat, and besides, there's a lot of space here.." He said turning his attention away from the boy. He didn't want to return to their house table yet, for he knew that if he did, all that he would ever hear was topics about the exams, and honestly, he had had enough of it from their common room.

Clyde only smirked at the boy. Today was unusually troublesome. First there was his studies, and then the issue with the DE, and then this completely irritating boy who doesn't seem to know his place in this school. "You there." Clyde exclaimed, now talking to the girl who seemed be the one who was having a conversation with the Ravenclaw. When Clyde looked closely at her, he remembered that she was that first year who was being talked about at the common room. She's a muggle born. "You're a Slytherin, aren't you? Why are you allowing that boy to even stand near our table?" he asked in an obvious ordering tone. Clyde never had the chance to meet with any of the first years aside from those who joined the group. He didn't want to, at the least, and talking to one now was as troublesome as introducing himself to a mere dog. "Have you forgotten the ever-so-redundant 'pride' of our House? Look around you and realize how different you are."

He didn't try to lower his voice, though he's definitely not making a scene. Most of the Slytherins do things that are worse than this if they wanted to. Why, it's like an everyday thing to them, arguing with people. Clyde wasn't supposed to be like this, though. Maybe if this happened in another day when he was not pressured by different things, he could have even ignored the Ravenclaw boy. But not today. He was too pissed off to ignore it.

Ryuuji frowned as he listened to the older boy talk. Honestly, what's wrong with sharing a table with someone? There wasn't such a rule written is there? Well, there might probably be disputes among the houses, but it doesn't mean that a ravenclaw cannot go and share a seat with a slytherin, right? "Don't blame her, I chose to go here on my own, it's not her fault." He said, his voice taking that irritated tone though his face remained passive. He didn't really get why such students start a fight just because they're bored or just because they think that they were superior than the others.

With a very audible irritated sigh, Ryuuji stood up from his seat, letting the boy have what it was that he wanted. "There, happy now?" He stated, yawning as he did so. He's not trying to be rude or anything, and he obviously didn't want to involve himself in any unnecessary trouble, and so, though he didn't really like admitting defeat, he would have the boy have his way then.

Jaden had been watching this conflict between a spiteful Slytherin girl and Ryuuji. She hadnt seen, or spoken, to Ryuu in ages. Realsing that Clyde, a bot she had met in the forbidden forest recently, joined, Jaden decided to help Ryuu. "Hey Ryuu, long time no see." she said as she approached Ryuuji. She saw Clyde. "Hey Clyde, remember me? Little Puff from the Forest?" she reminded him.

Finally, the Ravenclaw boy stood up from the seat. Clyde sat on the chair. After that, he didn't really know what he'll do. Why did he argue with the boy in the first place? Maybe Clyde just wanted to annoy someone since he's too annoyed himself. And this boy isn't a bad choice, it seems, though he's a bit calm for a first year. Normally, they're talkative and irritating. "Ah. You're not as stupid as I thought you were." Clyde said, not bothering to look at the boy.

And the annoyance has finally ended. Not. After just a few seconds of silence despite the crowd in the great hall, a girl came and started talking to Clyde. He looked at her and recognized her right away. Clyde met her when he was with Snow. "I do, I do." he answered her question, nodding his head almost sarcastically. "The girl who was talking about a secret room or something. And? How are you? I've been wondering where you went after that. Not."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back