Madrid

Lief Sigurd

Lief was immediately enveloped in heat, the wizarding streets of Madrid busy with activity. He turned to Daisy, smiling warmly and pointing to a small restaurant. "Ah, Spain," he said, grinning, "It doesn't look like much, but the food is delicious."

Daisy looked up at Lief, knowing that she could trust him on the restaurant, and surprise him with her Spanish speaking abilities. She smiled at him, then looked around. The streets were bustling and very warm, but nothing unusual for a wizarding community. She hoped that Lief would want to take a walk around to look at the stalls after dinner. She loved to shop, very much a distraction for her.

"I will be the judge of the food here," she said with a stern look on her face, that quickly broke into a grin when she looked at Lief. She was teasing him already, a true sign she was falling for him. "Let's go!" she added excitedly.

Lief could only grin at her teasing, liking her all the more for it. He led her into the restaurant, a small space with small tables and elegant tablecloths. A hostess greeted them at the door, leading them to a table and asking what they would like to drink.

"I shall have a water to start off with," Lief said in his husky Norwegian accent, looking to Daisy and waiting for her to order. His eyes were a tad brighter than their usual cold tone. Normally, he wasn't like this.

Daisy followed Lief into the restaurant and sat at the table across from him. The restaurant was elegant, a contrast to the street outside. It was evening, and the tables were lit with candles.

"Yo tambien, pero un limon por favor." she said quickly and elequently. She watched Lief's face for a reaction to her Spanish.

Lief raised his eyebrow, pleasantly surprised. "I didn't know that you speak Spanish." He took a sip out of his water glass, smiling broadly. He figured that he would find even more things out about Daisy soon.

Daisy loved the reaction that Lief had to her Spanish.

"Yes I do speak Spanish. It was one thing that my mother was insistant on while I was growing up. She knew that Spanish was one of the fastest growing languages in the world, so she felt that I should know how to speak it. I have been learning since I was 3 or 4 years old." She took a drink of her water with a lemon wedge, wondering what surprises she would learn about Lief.

"I've never learned Spanish," Lief admitted, "Brunhilde's the one who learned all the languages. I know Norwegian and some scattered German, but that's pretty much it." He grinned, taking a sip of his water. "So, what house were you in at school, Daisy?"

Daisy took a quick sip of her water.

"I was in Slytherin. Daddy was none to thrilled, but Mother's family has all been in Slytherin. Daddy wanted me to go to Beaubatons I guess, but when he had his accident, well, Mother won that battle." She looked warmly into Lief's blue eyes. "What house were you in?"

"I was in Slytherin too, like most of my family. Tristan was the only odd man out. I do forget, I apologize. I don't remember a lot from my school years though. I wasn't too into school." He grinned, smiling at Daisy, and hoping that she wouldn't think him illiterate or anything. "What were your favorite subjects? I always liked potions." His accent was thick yet a tad happier than usual, glad to be in such company.

"Don't worry about it. I completly forgot that we were there at the same time. I guess I really didn't start to be friends with Brun until after school was out. Plus, we were in seperate years. I kinda kept to myself, not wanting to stick out especially after what went down with Daddy. I didn't want to draw all that attention. Mother actually contemplated enrolling me under her last name instead of Daddy's. Once enough of the older students were gone, I didn't hear much of anything about my last name."
She took a sip of her water. "I really enjoyed most of my classes, but my favorites were always Potions and Charms. Anything hands on was a good match for me."

"Agreed," Lief laughed, "I always thought History of Magic and Astronomy were complete bores. I simply hated textbook classes." He grinned, taking a sip of his water. He looked over the menu. "I'm not exactly sure what I want yet. You have any ideas?"

"Oh man! History of Magic was such a snooze! Binns was so boring." Daisy looked down at the menu in her hand. She really had not thought about actually eating anything yet. "Um, I really don't know what to have either." she replied, biting her lip, really thinking thoughts best kept to herself. "Have you had the paella here? That sounds kinda good to me."

"Sure, anything works," Lief said, grinning, willing to try anything. "I haven't had much Spanish food, but the stuff I have had is pretty good." He waved the waiter over, ordering a plate of paella for himself and waiting for Daisy to order.

((I'm gonna go, see ya tmrw!))

"Por favor, quiero la paella tambien, con pescado. Y una vasa de sangria por nosotros." Daisy quickly ordered. She decided to be brave and get the traditional Spanish fruit wine to go with dinner, hoping that Lief would not mind.

"I had been craving some Sangria since we arrived, but didn't want to get all tipsy having it before dinner," she explained. "I probably would have been flat on the floor already if I had it when I got here." she added with a giggle. "And we both know that is not a good idea quite yet."

"I used to be. I haven't had the time lately and my tolerence has waned." Daisy added with a grin. "However, I do enjoy a glass of wine with dinner sometimes. I kinda miss my days of being out at the pubs having too much fun."

The waiter brought the sangria pitcher and their dinner and asked if there was anything else they needed right away.

"Muchas gracias. Esta bien" she replied before the waiter turned from them. She took a long drink of the sangria, savoring the flavor of the fruit and wine.

"I am starting to think that we may need another pitcher of this before too long." she said with a giggle.

Lief took a sip of the sangria, savoring the taste and gazing back at Daisy. She really was beautiful. Possibly one of the most beautiful women that he had ever seen.

"I wouldn't mind either way," Lief replied with a grin, his accent thick.

Daisy noticed that Lief was staring at her, like he was appreciating a work of art. She blushed. She was starting to fall for him, and really hoped that the look he was giving her was sign that he was as well.

She realized that she was quickly becoming full, and her plate was almost empty. She drained the last of her glass of sangria and poured another from the pitcher.

"So, what are we going to do once dinner is over?" she asked with a smile, wondering exactly what was on Lief's mind.

"I'm not sure," Lief said quietly, a smirk rising at the edges of his lips. "Do you have any ideas, Daisy?"

Daisy thought about it for a minute. She wasn't sure how fast she wanted things to go, but she knew that she didn't want to leave Lief just yet.

"Maybe, we could explore a little bit. I have never been to this part of Spain before." she replied.

"Alright," Lief said with a grin, placing a tip on the table and paying the host as he walked Daisy out. "I myself am not particular to this part of Spain, but exploring never hurts!"

Daisy allowed herself to be led from the restaurant into the market outside. They wandered past the stalls along the street, stopping to admire items every so often. She was a bit tipsy from the sangria and walking along the cobblestones eventually caused her to lose her balance.

"Ah!" she said as she started to fall face first to the ground.

((niiiiiiiiiice))

Lief caught Daisy before she could fall too far in his big arms, pulling her back up with ease. He found it slightly awkward as he held her close, inquiring, "Are you alright?"

(((thought you'd like that one!)))

Daisy looked up at Lief as he held her.

"Thanks. I'm okay." she was finally able to mutter out when she found her voice again. She was still just standing there in his arms, looking into Lief's eyes. Nothing else existed around her other than him.

Without thinking about what he was doing, Lief moved forward and kissed Daisy on the lips, locking his with hers. Shocked, he pulled back quickly, ashamed of his impulsiveness and and hoping that he hadn't made her too mad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back