Daphne
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Interested in Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Straight?
Open after Tamara posts with Emily

Tyler adjusted his sleeves a little nervously as he waited near the door of the great hall. He had half a mind to simply go back to the common room and forget all about tonight, as the fact that he'd sent Emily a pink rose and she had sent him a yellow one was making him nervous. He felt vulnerable, having shown his hand like that. But he also couldn't just stand Emily up, not when he'd needed a luck potion to even ask her out. If she wanted to just be friends, he would accept it and seek out Bada before the night was over. He had sent her a pink rose too, but thought of that more as insurance. He realized by now that the girl he really liked was Emily, even if he wouldn't admit it to anyone just yet.

Emily didn't know if she could get ready for this moment. She had stabbed herself about four times trying to put some make up on her face and know she was finally somewhat presentable. Emily had asked her parents to send her a dress and it fit her perfectly. It was a lovely deep blue with some subtle glittery details. Emily was nervous she liked this boy a lot and that made things even more difficult. What if she said something wrong or acted strangely. There was no more time to ponder over things and Emily left the dorm to go to the great hall. Emily brushed through her hair and looked around. She spotted Tyler easily, he looked great in a tux. She walked over to him. ''You look lovely tonight'' Emily said while blushing, she had no clue how to actually do this. She had never been in love with someone and now she didn't have Felix on her side. ''I got your rose'' Emily said while fumbling on her dress.

Just as worry started to set in and Tyler wondered if Emily would even show up, she was there. And she looked amazing. Tyler looked at her in her blue dress, and he felt his mouth dry up. Oh, he was completely screwed. After Sierra, he had told himself he wouldn't let another girl get to him in that way. But some things you had no control over. "Hi, Emily." He said, a little formal in his nervousness. "You are the one who looks lovely." He added with a small smile. He adjusted his bow tie, then extended his arm. "I'm... glad." He said, holding out his arm to her. "I got your rose too." He added, trying his best to sound neutral and not like he had been disappointed by it. Maybe if he just didn't acknowledge the differences in the colors, it didn't have to become a whole thing. Maybe Emily wouldn't say anything about it either and they could both forget about it.

Emily blushed when Ty said she looked lovely. Emily linked her arm into Ty’s and felt like a real princes. Normally she wasn’t this sentimental, but Tyler had sparked something inside her. When Tyler said he got her rose, she felt bad. She got a pink one from Tyler and she had just send a lame yellow one. She was too afraid to send anything else than pink. ‘’About the rose, I didn’t want to look stupid and send a pink one if you saw everything as just friends’’ Em mumbled, she was never like this. ‘’I have never done anything like this’’ There is was out, she confessed it. She had been a loner and now everything was different. ''But I do like you Ty'' Emily said while looking at him.

Tyler had brought up the rose on purpose, but still wished he hadn't mentioned it once Emily started talking about it. Maybe this had been a bad idea. But her words reassured him, and Tyler gradually relaxed as she kept talking. "I see." He said slowly. "I still appreciated getting one from you." He admitted. "Don't worry about it." He blushed as she said she liked him, using a nickname. From anyone else, he would have hated it. But from her, it sounded special. "I like you as well. Thank you for agreeing to come to the dance with me." He told her. "What would you like to do?"

Emily was glad that Tyler wasn't going all awkward. He even said he liked her too, which was something. Emily smiled and looked at the boy in his suit. ''Always'' Emily grinned ''I need to keep my eye on you, to check if you find the solution so I can still get my share'' She joked, but she wasn't sure if Tyler would share the way to cheat if he found it himself. He was still a Slytherin after all and she had heard of his reputation now. When Tyler asked her what they wanted to do the answer was simple, dance of course. She only hoped he was decent at dancing. ''I would love to dance'' Emily paused ''You can dance right?'' Emily winked and grinned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back