Love Nonagons?

Sam took up her hand again, and intwined his fingers in hers, "If your sure." he said eventually. He looked into Jenn's eyes for awhile before turning back to Derrik. He then awaited in the beckoning silence.

Derrik read Jenna's eyes.
"Oh. It's alright Sam. Me and Jenna are all set now. I think I'll get head off back into bed now." Derrik's eyes said Don't worry I'll be fine. Just need a goodnights sleep thats all. He walked around the coridor and disappeared.

Professor Weiss was returning from her rounds out on the grounds and heard hushed voices in the corridor outside the Hufflepuff house. Rolling her eyes, she approached softly and took in the scene before her. She noticed that the students were all Hufflepuffs and were all out of the house during curfew hours. Hmm. That is Derrik, Sam and Jenna. Why is it that this batch of first years think the rules do not apply to them. Approaching them quietly, she watched as Derrik seemed to be returning to the common room. I will talk with him later today I do believe. she thought, then cleared her throat as she approached the other two.

"Who would like to explain to me what you are doing out of the house at this time of the morning? Curfew is still in effect," she stated sternly, staring at the pair with annoyance.

Jenna gave Derrik a weak smile before turning to Sam and saying, "We probably should go as well..." Jenna was going to continue speaking but another voice joined them, not one she recognized at all, but she knew that it was one of an adult. Jenna looked towards the woman that just spoke to them, and gave her a sheepish grin before taking a deep breath and explaining why she was out so late..or early. "Well.. Professor? I wasn't sleeping at all, actually I haven't been sleeping all week, because I've done something pretty shady, but it's early and I don't think you want to know about it, anyways, I couldn't just sit in silence any longer, so I left my dorm room, next thing I knew I was out here, my feet sort of have a mind of their own," Jenna said honestly then looked down expecting the worse, would Sam be upset at her words? She hoped to god he wouldn't.

Sam nodded and began to walk when he heard a womans voice, their head of house. Sam listened to Jenn's story, he frowned, this was his fault. It was then Sam's turn to speak, "I'm sorry professor, I couldn't sleep...I didn't realise how late it was.." he said hoarsely wondering how badly they were over curfew. He then looked down at his feet awkwardly.

Professor Weiss listened to the rather weak explanations of what the students were doing out of the house. "It would be one thing to be in the common room, but out in the hallway? There really is no excuse for that. And in a rather, um, compromising situation?" She stared pointedly at their joined hands. "I believe you both will report to my office tomorrow for discussion of your punishment. Now I expect you both to return to your dorms immediately, and I will expect you Ms. Wilkonson to report to the hospital wing first thing tomorrow to have the nursing staff find a remedy for your insomnia." She gave the pair a rather annoyed look, then stated. "Go before I chose to take points from our house." She waited, crossing her arms, for the pair to disburse.

Jenna looked down at their joined hands as the woman did and she immediately let Sam's head go and put it behind her back nervously then looked back at the woman and nodded her head once when she said that she was going to go to the hospital wing to get something for her insomnia. "Our house?" Jenna repeated with a quizzical expression then said, "Oh.. you're the Head of House." Jenna nodded her head and said, "Good night Professor." Jenna quickly walked away, assuming that Sam was following her.

Sam dropped Jenn's hand as soon as she dropped his, he shoved his into his pockets. Sam nodded to the professor, "Sorry again.." Sam said sheepishly and followed Jenn eagerly into the common room. Next..time stay in bed... he reminded himself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back