Love Nonagons?

Jennifer Wilkonson

OOC First Name
Alexis.
Wand
Rowan Wand 15" Essence of Fang of Basilisk
Tick. Tick. Tick. Tick...

Silence. That was one word Jenna Wilkonson could not stand. Even with the monotonous ticking of the old father clock it was silent, like her thoughts were purposely drowning out the normally agrrivating snoring of her dorm mates, just to taunt her, tease her, remind her of what she did.

The young Hufflepuff had been awake all night, of course. Her thoughts swirling around Sam, Toni, Scorpius, Luna, Hoshi, Tyler.. and everyone else that seemed to be in this awful love triangle. No, not love triangle, love nonagon, Jenna corrected herself, and she couldn't help but roll her eyes at the nerdy side coming out of her, now. Now was when she needed to think of ways to make things better, but she couldn't, part of her didn't want to, she wanted Sam to herself, but it was clear he still felt strongly for Toni. So did it matter what she wanted? Even after he had kissed her and told her how he felt?

After another ten minutes of taunting herself with her thoughts and memories of Sam, looking like she was staring onto the empty oak bed frame across from hers, she pulled off the sea foam green douvee(sp?) off her small legs. She sat there for a moment, unsure of what she was actually doing, her breathing heavy, she had never really snuck out this late - or early, depends on who's asking - from the dorm rooms.

After a moment of trying to force herself to actually doing something daring and distracting she turned her legs off of the bed, and let her feet gently touch the wooden floor of her dorm, it was quite cold, so Jenna lifted them back up for only a moment. When she finally adjusted to the calm, yet cool breeze she set her feet down and stood up. Jenna decided that she would just stay in her pjyama's sure they weren't all that flattering, but what did it matter? She was not trying to impress anyone.

Jenna put on her glasses, deciding it was too early and dark to even try and put on her contacts and she walked out of her dorm room quietly, her heart racing as she did so, as if she was expecting something bad to happen the minute she left the Hufflepuff common room.

With some hesitation however she did walk out of the common room. When she stepped out side she noticed that she was only wearing socks, and no shoes. Jenna rolled her eyes as she closed the portrait that was whispering angered words at her for waking it up. Jenna quickly hushed the portrait and turned to walk towards the moving stair case, as she walked she bumped into someone.

[first post closed for derrik, sorry loves ]

Derik awoke from a dream. Sweat was dripping all over his face. "It was only a dream." he said to himself. He got up and wiped off his face. Maybe he needed to go out for a little walk. What harm would it be to take a night walk?

Derrik had his pjs on like a little boy. He didn't really care. He slipped into his slippers and walked quietly out into the common room. From there he exited throught the portrait. The picture scolded Derrik but he explain the situation and the protrait understood.

As Derrik was walking around he saw someone else. He ducked for a corner to check to see if it was a prefect or a teacher. From Derrik's eye, it was another student. As he walked closer he saw that it was Jenna.

"Jenna!" Derrik whispered. "What are you doing?"

Jenna looked at Derrik with surprise, it took her a moment to realize that it was him, and even longer to realize that he had just spoken to him. "Uh, uhmm," Jenna began lamely then she blinked her eyes sleepily and she restarted, "Can't sleep, thinking about Sam and others..." Jenna frowned sadly, she hadn't seen Derrik since the summer, sure they weren't the best of friends but they were pretty close and he had, had a crush on her, sure she didn't want anything with him, she just felt badly about all of that.

She looked into Derrik's eyes, feeling quite bewildered but she ignored it and let out an exasperated sigh and she said, "What about you?" Jenna forced a fake smile to him, but it failed as they usually did when she wasn't up for lying.

"I'm out here because I need a walk. I too can't seem to sleep." Derrik was sort of lying but this was mostly part of the truth. He couldn't sleep and not after the dream he had.

"So, how have you been?" Then Derrik heard Sam's name.

"You know Sam?"

Jenna nodded her head at Derrik's question and she said, "He's my best friend, we dated for a little while as well."Hopefully that can start again, Jenna thought then frowned, feeling sick of her selfishness. She blinked her sad blue eyes for a moment then she said, "Then again who doesn't know him?" Jenna couldn't help but feel a bit jealous at the thought of Sam with someone else, sure he was over with Toni because he had kissed her, but what if it had just been that, a kiss, nothing more, what if it didn't mean the same to him as it did her?

Jenna shook her head trying not to think of it, she didn't want to respond to Derrik's first question because well she didn't know, it was complicated, and she hated giving that as a response, she felt like such an ass when she did.

Derrik got some what of an idea that something was bothering Jenna but he couldn't pin point it.

"Um...Jenna?" Derrik stopped himself. He didn't really know how to put it.

"We're still friends right?" He started to ruffle his hair again.

Jenna raised her eye brow at Derrik's question and she gave him a warm hug and said as she pulled away from it, "Of course, why wouldn't we be?" She bit her lip worriedly, had something happened over the summer that she wasn't aware of? Sure they kissed briefly but it was just a small one, it didn't matter, or at least to her it didn't.

"Its just...." Derrik had to think of how he was going to put it.

"Of course you remember when we got a chance to talk and stuff during the summer?" Derrik was sure that Jenna were he was going with this. He ruffled his hair again.

"Well...ever since...you know, I've sort of been thinking and stuff." Derrik wiped the skin under his eye.

posting as Jenna:

Jenna nodded her head once then she bit her lip and she said, "Thinking and stuff, gee Derrik, I hate to say it but you're going to have to explain yourself more then that." Jenna gave him a goofy smile before frowning slightly, she hoped that Derrik didn't like her any more, things were already stressful enough.

Derrik put on a frown.

"Honestly Jenna...I don't even know how to explain it anymore. Ever since that so called kiss at the Ice
Cream Palor I had always been thinking if you really ment it or not. But since I hadn't seen in you so long the feeling lingered on me but every so many days it seems to fade away."

Derrik was pushing himself to explain what was bothering him as much as he could.

Jenna bit her lip and said, "Derrik, I like someone else, everything is so complicated now, you don't still like me do you?" Jenna gave Derrik a nervous smile hoping he didn't and if he did that he would understand, she liked Derrik a lot and wanted to be his friend.

Derrik heard those words. His heart sank but not a lot. His was just a little upset.

"Well...Jenna, I completely understand. We can still be friends." Derrik smiled a little bit.

Sam woke, he lay on his stomach and it ached him. He rose out of his bed and scratched his head. He checked his watch. It was late...or early? Sam yawned and slipped on a pair of baggy jeans not to be seen even at night in tracksuits. He threw over an old band t-shirt and left the dorm. He quietly snuck out of the common room while pulling on some old converse. He stumbled out of the potrait hole while trying to put one on. He made some noise and muttered something quietly. He looked up to see two pairs of figures. Sam wondered who they were and what they were doing up. He walked up quietly and managed to make out, Jenn! Sam's heart (which began to return slowly) thumped loudly. He also saw Derrik. Sam said in a low quiet voice, "Hey.."

Jenna looked over at Sam and she beamed at him then ran over to him and gave him a warm hug and whispered gently, "Hey you." Jenna kissed Sam's cheek gently completely forgetting about Derrik being there until she put her hands down at her sides then looked over at him, she hadn't caught his words because she was distracted by seeing Sam. "What are you doing up?" Jenna asked after a moment of silence.

Sam hugged her back and squeezed her tightly. "Hey...!" Sam beamed as Jenn kissed him. He wrapped his arms around her waist before letting her go. Sam laughed, "Well I woke up in a slightly uncomfortable position. My stomach is still hurting." he smiled to her. "But...I'm going to walk it off. What about you missus?"

[Sorry about the slow reply :rofl: ]

Jenna intertwined her fingers in Sam's but held them behind her back, so Derrik didn't see it then said, "I couldn't sleep.. thinking about everything." Jenna frowned slightly then broke into a smile as she realized that she was holding Sam's hand and she blushed gently and said, "Well I hope you feel better Sammy." Jenna smiled lightly at him.

Sam smiled to her as she interwined her fingers with him but was confused as to why she put them behind her back. He realised Derrick standing there and remembered what she said about dating him before. Sam felt a bit guilty about the whole 'thinking about everything'. He gave her a look which said I hope its not my fault. But he had a sinking feeling it was. "Thanks Jenn." He squeezed her hand. He was ever so slowly getting over Toni and everytime he saw Jenn his heart beat faster than it ever did. Ever.

Jenna looked up at Sam and saw his look then she gave him a look that said, It's not your fault, don't worry. She smiled inwardly as Sam squeezed her hand, and she rubbed his gently and affectionately with her thumb then said, "Mmm no problem." She blushed once more then smiled at him.

Sam wanted to throw his arms around her again but thought it may be inappropriate. He looked to Derrik as he was very quiet, "You alright mate?" he asked him. He then turned back to Jenn and winked to her. Then waited for Derriks reply.

"Hey Sam. Yeah I'm doing alright. I've just been thinking about things and all and I wanted to talk to Jenna about it but we're all clear about it now."

It had been a while since they had seen each other. Derrik wasn't sure that now was the right time to ask but he wanted to get his mind off of what happend.
"So, how ya been?"

Sam nodded, "Cool cool." From what Sam saw Derrick seemed quite cool about him and Jenn so he subtly stepped aside so their intwinedhands swung losely. "I've been good." Sam said simply he had a rough patch but things seemed to be picking themselves up once more. "So why are you out so late?"

Jenna beamed at Derrik when he said that they were fine, she was so happy that they were then she thought about it for a second and gave Derrik a look that said I'm sorry, please don't be mad with me. Jenn bit her lip nervously then looked up at Sam and her heart jumped a few beats but she didn't say anything, she just waited for him to respond to Derrik's question. When he stepped to the side she glanced down at their hands and her heart jumped a few beats, what was Derrik going to say or feel, she didn't want to hurt him, but she just looked up at him nervously and stayed silent.

"Well I had a bunch of stuff in my head and I figured that the darkness of the hallways would wash it all away." Derrik looked at Sam as he said this but also looked at Jenna as if to say, " It's okay. I'm just a little hurt but I can live through it. "

Sam nodded but had a confused expression on his face. "Oh.." he realised he was looking at Jenn. Sam dropped Jenna's hand reluctantly and said, "Umm...I can go...if you want to talk or something?" Sam said quietly.

Jenna looked over at Sam as he dropped her hand and she said gently, "No it's fine Sam, please don't go." Jenna frowned slightly then she shot Derrik a look that said, I'm sorry Derrik. Jenna looked back at Sam and she put her hand out to let him take her hand.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back