OOC First Name
Steven
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Single (Not Looking)
Wand
Curved 14 Inch Flexible Alder Wand with Billywig Stinger Core
Piper should have known that this would eventually happen to her but she had been too stubborn to sit and wait for her sister to show her around the castle. She wanted to know her way around the place and she wanted to know it now. In hindsight, it may or may not have been better to either wait or bring someone else with her who already knew a bit of the way, as she was currently walking through the maze that was the fifth floor. There were so many turns in this corridor and because she hadn't been paying much attention to where she was going, she couldn't really remember which way she had come from. Instead of doing anything else, Piper went to sit on one of the nearby benches and got out one of her textbooks. She just needed to be patient - someone she would recognise would pass by sooner or later.

Valencia had still been confused about all this magic stuff. It still had made no absolute sense to her, but she had decided to do some investigating of some kind. Walking around the castle to see if there was anything out of the ordinary and whatnot. It had been about twenty minutes since Valencia left the common room, and she was trying to make her way down to the great hall to see if there was anything hiding in there. But there was no luck for Valencia at the moment, as she was completely lost with where she was going. All the turns she took, looked the same as the turn she took before hand. She stopped for a moment, think of turning back and thinking that following your past steps would help her way around. She had decided against it and continued on. She took a left this time and saw that there was a girl her age that was on a bench reading something. Valencia decided to go towards her. "What book are you reading?" Valencia says with a small smile and curiosity. Valencia was a huge bookworm, so she was always happy to find out about new books.

Piper actually became rather interested in what she was reading in her History of Magic textbook. She had never really been a fan of Muggle history, as it oftentimes came down to the same thing - a grumpy old man searching for world dominance or a nation searching for the exact same thing. wizarding history was a bit more complicated so it seemed. She only looked up from her book when she noticed that someone was talking to her. ''Oh, just History of Magic,'' she said, smiling at the other girl. ''It's actually not that bad, which I didn't think was possible,'' she added with a small chuckle.

"Oh cool! What type of history does it have in there?" Valencia says curiously, peering a little more into the book. She hadn't taken the History of Magic class yet, as she heard there would be a class. So she was interested to see if there was anything in the book that would be related to the class. Valencia nods as the girl explains to her that the book wasn't as boring as she thought. "Oh cool! What's your name?" Valencia asks the girl curiously, tilting her head to the side a little bit.

Piper beamed when the girl asked what was in the textbook and turned it sideways so that she could look for herself while Piper told her about it. ''This chapter is about the Salem Witch Trials, which took place a really long time ago,'' She hadn't finished it yet, as she had only just begun when the other girl showed up, but found it to be surprisingly interesting. She could only hope that the professor wasn't one of those teachers who clearly didn't seem to enjoy teaching students about history as her teacher on her Muggle school did - those lessons were so boring that even the most energetic kid in the class fell asleep every time history was taught. ''My name is Piper, what's yours?'' she asked, smiling at the other girl.

"Interesting," Valencia says with a small smile, pretending that she knew what this "Salem Witch Trials" Thing was. Maybe she could get her own hands on this book from the library or something. There was nothing really better to do at Hogwarts at the moment for Valencia, other than the fact that she can just read all day long aside from her classes. Valencia smiles as the girl introduces herself. "Hi, Piper. I'm Valencia, but you can call me Lenny if that makes things easier for you" Valencia says to Piper with a smile. "Are you a first-year too? What house have you been sorted into?"

Piper smiled when the girl introduced herself as Valencia and made a mental note to remember to stick with Lenny from now on. She closed her book once introductions had been made and the conversation seemed to steer away from history, happy to continue reading the chapter about the Salem Witch Trials once she was back in the common room again. She wondered for a moment what that class would be like and if the professor would show anything from that time period. ''I'm a first-year too, yeah. I got sorted into Hufflepuff,'' Piper said with a smile, even though she still wasn't quite sure what it meant to have been sorting in Hufflepuff. ''What about you?'' she asked in return.

"Oh cool! What's Hufflepuff like?" Valencia says curiously. She hadn't really learnt or asked other people's thoughts and opinions about the other houses. She knew that there were three other houses, her brother being in the other one. Gryffindor, if she remembered correctly. "Do you like your house? I'm in Ravenclaw" Valencia says with a smile.

Piper shrugged when Lenny asked what Hufflepuff was like. To be honest, she wasn't quite sure about that herself. What she was sure about was that her dormmates were cool and that she liked the aesthetics of the common room. ''It's alright, I guess. Like every other house, I bet.'' She didn't know what the other houses were like other than what she had heard from her cousin, which wasn't very much as they occupied themselves not with talking about each other's houses but with far more entertaining stuff. ''Oh, cool! What's Ravenclaw like? My sister says that Ravenclaws mostly study, is that true?'' Piper asked curiously.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back