Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Sexual Orientation
(Arc)
Wand
Ebony, Dragon heart-string, 9 1/2 inches
She needed to do this. She knew that. But as the sun began to rise through the trees, Kira couldn't help the fear that shot like ice through her veins. She stood, just inside the forest and out of view. She needed to venture further. She did. But she was rooted to the spot, her hands shaking and her eyes wide. She couldn't spend another year locked away inside. She came out here for an adventure. She knew she needed this to grow as a person. She just couldn't seem to remember how to walk forward. She kept her breathing even, hoping that she could eventually remember how to move again. It might help if her heart weren't thundering in her ears.

Early mornings weren't usually Caro's thing, but today she had forced herself out of bed far, far earlier than usual. The winter morning frosts at Hogwarts were beautiful, and so unlike the snow that would be blanketing Caro's home this time of year, and she had promised herself she was going to get more creative with her photography this year. Caro liked taking pictures of people for the paper, but she wanted to push her skills more, so she would have a better chance of being able to make a living off them after school. Once she left New Zealand and never looked back, she would need every skill she could get to make a living wherever she found herself. So Caro slipped outside before the sun's light, the fog of her breath a surprisingly comforting reminder of home as she looked around, trying to figure out where to take pictures first. Frozen crystals clinging to leaves, maybe? The sun was beginning to show its face, and it wouldn't be long before it melted Caro's visual bounty, she needed to work fast. As she headed towards the forest though, Caro realised the frost was already disturbed by a set of footprints, leading onwards. What was someone doing going to the forest so early in the morning? Intrigued, Caro abandoned her original goal to pursue the footprints further. She was shocked to see someone she recognised, on the border of the forest, clearly intending to press onwards. What was Kira doing going into the forest so early? Caro paused to snap a picture of the girl from behind before approaching. If anything went wrong and the Monthly needed to cover Kira's tragic forest accident, Caro would have the proof. "What are you doing?" She called out, after making sure the picture was decent. "You know you're not supposed to go there, right?"

Kira nearly jumped out of her skin when she heard Caro call out from behind her. She turned, chocolate hair falling into her face. She brushed it back to reveal wide, ocean blue eyes. "O-oh, Caro! I-I didn't hear you coming," She stuttered nervously. "I-I, um, that is, I was just out for a walk." She laughed nervously. "I... I was too scared to go in alone," She admitted sheepishly, twirling her hair around her finger and looking down at her feet. "Is that bad?"

A part of Caro she didn't want to admit to was a little satisfied with how easily she had managed to startle Kira. She had to suppress the urge to giggle at the girl's jump, listening instead to her response. "Well, you're not supposed to go in at all." She said after a moment, considering what to do. It seemed like Kira was set on breaking the rules, and Caro didn't really know what she could do about all this. It would make for some good photos, if nothing else. "Are you asking me to go with you? Or are you scared of getting in trouble?"

Kira winced, scuffing her toe in the snow. She knew she wasn't supposed to go in. She wondered if Caro would tell on her. She glanced up a moment at the girls' question before looking back down. "I... both, I think?" She smiled sheepishly. "I don't know, really, I just... I need something different. I've spent two years in the library. I need some sort of change." She explained sheepishly. "I know that sounds silly."

Caro had to resist the urge to roll her eyes at the younger girl's reasoning. "You know, if you need change you could like, dye your hair or pierce your nose or something. Breaking school rules to go somewhere dangerous is pretty extreme." She sighed, realising there was no way she could go back now, if Kira was determined. "If you're set on doing this, I suppose I'll go with you. You need someone to defend you if anything goes wrong." Caro didn't bother to mention that she wasn't exactly the best person to be defending anyone else. Surely they would be fine - there couldn't be anything that dangerous right next to a school. What she remembered from half paying attention during Defense Against the Dark Arts should be more than enough. And maybe this was a good idea, after all. Caro had spent her whole time at Hogwarts craving adventure - why had she never gone to seek it before?

Kira glanced down again, rubbing the back of her neck. "No, not anything like that. I like the way I look. I just need some excitement, some sort of adventure, I think." She smiled sheepishly. Maybe this was a bad idea. She had just begun to doubt herself when Caro said she'd tag along. Kira's head shot up, her eyes wide. "Wait, really? You'd do that?" She couldn't help but grin. Maybe this wasn't so bad after all! "That's awesome! Have you been in here before?"

Caro could empathise with the younger girl's desire for adventure. She had felt the same for most of her life, and though going someplace dangerous simply because it was dangerous had never crossed her mind before, it wasn't the worst idea anyone had ever had. She nodded in response to Kira's question, though it wasn't what she was sure the younger girl was thinking. "Just for class. With, like, a professor with us and stuff. It'll be fine though." Caro considered drawing her wand, but decided she would rather have a good grip on her camera for the moment. "Let's go quickly then, before anyone sees us here."

Kira smiled brightly, eager to go and unbelievably thrilled that Caro agreed to go with her. "Whatever we do, please don't tell Tyra," Kira asked a bit sheepishly as they started to venture inside. "She would kill me," She murmured to herself, brushing her hair back out of her eyes. She knew she needed this, and she was grateful Caro agreed to help her, but she also knew how protective her sister could be.

Caro had to resist the urge to roll her eyes at Kira's request, nodding. "Of course I won't tell." That was a lie, of course, but Kira didn't need to know. If anything went wrong, she wouldn't hesitate to tell the girl's sister. A slightly embellished version, of course, one that cast Caro in the best light, but she would definitely let the older girl know if it was necessary. Kira didn't need to know that though, and Caro drew her wand, lighting its tip for visibility as she followed Kira between the trees into the forest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back