Looking for a home.

Edward Newton

OOC First Name
Summer
Eddie sat on a bench in the street. He was waiting for the bloke who had agreed to meet him. In spite of the punding headache he had from his hangover, Eddie was grinning, this was a good day. Hopefully, if him and, Gabrial wasit? Well, if him and the flat owner got along he would finally be moving out of his parents house. That meant getting away from their mantioning of girlfriends and his mothers hints about grandchildren.

Eddie growled at the thought of her, that was the reason he had been out drinking last night, and every other night for the past two weeks. He could tell it was a bad habit, that's why he wasnted to move, maybe there would be no need to go and get hammered so he wouldn't. That was the plan at least. Eddie looked up from the bench as a bloke approached him at their meeting spot. "Gabriel, right?"

Gabriel walked down the street briskly, a smile on his face. He was dressed warmly in his usual, bright fashion, and had one tattooed hand resting gently on his stomach. His relatively fresh bellybutton piercing was still smarting, and he was worried about it getting infected, so had been cleaning it as thoroughly as possible. Which, of course, made it hurt more. He walked slightly carefully, so as to avoid moving it around more than he had to, and kept his hand firmly in place. He was listening to music on his headphones, which he removed when he arrived at the meeting spot, spying a man sitting on the bench.

As Gabriel approached him, the man greeted him, and Gabriel smiled. "That's the one, you must be Eddie." He extended a tattooed hand amicably, other hand still protecting his stomach. "You wanted to check out the flat, right?"

Eddie blibked at the very brightly dressed man. "Um, Yeah right." He rubbed his eyes and stood up, somehow managing to stay on his feet. He yawned and stumbled. "Sorry, Kind of went out boozing last night. Stupidly forgot about this." He grinned in a charming way and rubbed the back of his neck, hoping Gabriel was okay with drunken people in his flat.

Gabriel laughed. "It's cool. We've all been there." He smiled. "I got drunk the evening before my Herbology OWL. Lowest grade I ever got. Not that I was ever the biggest fan of Herbology to start with." He smiled, stretching his shoulders slightly, then wincing at the tug on his stomach. "So, the flat is like, two streets away." He smiled, returning his hand to his stomach to remind him not to move it.

Edward stood up and streched, laughing at Gabriels story. He noticed the wince and frowned questioningly at him. Edward didn't have a single piercing or tattoo, it wasn't that he didn't want one, his mother would let him. Hopefully, if Gabriel let him move in, he could get one. When he was younger, Eddie had dreamt of getting a tattoo and had drawn quite a few sketches of what he would like. He still had quite a few.

Eddie waited for Gabriel to show him the way. "Lead on." He smiled at the boy. He was kind of cute.

Gabriel started walking towards his flat with Eddie, hand resting on his stomach again to act as a gentle reminder. "I'm not pregnant." He joked, noticing Eddie's questioning look. "Just got my bellybutton pierced, and it hurts like hell. I think it could be infected, I'll have to snag some more cleaner from work. I'm a tattoo artist, by the way." He smiled. "If you hadn't guessed, by the absurd amount of ink."

Eddie grinned at tho blokes' occupation. "No way. That's gotta be one of the best jobs' ever." Eddie wondered if her could get a jo b there, then realised it would fail due to his lack of artistic talent. He looked over the other bloke, only now noticing the 'ink' he had. Eddie found it pretty cool, it made Gabriel look better in his eyes, and he wasn't hard on the eyes to begin with.

Gabriel grinned, nodding. "Landed my dream job, mate. I wanna open my own tattoo parlour, but money management is not my strongest suit." He laughed, adding slightly more pressure with his hand to keep the piercing steady. Healing was definitely not his favourite part of getting pierced. "What about you, what do you do?"

Eddie laughed. "I scav off my parents. I'm getting a job soon hopefully, decidided to branch out from family a bit." The ice burg that tipped off the idea of branching out was Eddoe's mum hinting about grandchildren, she still didn't know he was bisexual, though he leant more towards boys than girls.

Gabriel grinned. "Good plan. I just moved out of my mum's house, I've lived with her since I moved back to New Zealand. I spent twelve years in Scotland before that." He smiled. "Forgot how good it is having space. It gets pretty lonely though, that's why I was looking for a flatmate." He grinned.

Eddie grinned along with him. "Well, I hope I'm your man, This is the last flat on my list. No-one else wants me." The main reason everyone else had said no was either they had someone else or the blokes didn't want a bi guy living with them. He wasn't sure whether or not to tell this guy about his preferances.

"That sucks, man." Gabriel said, as they finally reached his house. It was plain; one story, with a mowed lawn and a couple of rosebushes out front, a picket fence, and a grey tiled roof. "As long as you're not ridiculously messy or a total stoner, I don't mind too much what you do." He smiled. "I'm pretty relaxed about the whole rules thing. Just so you know though; I'm vegetarian, I don't smoke, and I have people over occasionally, but we won't get in your way." He opened the gate and led Eddie up to the front door, searching in his pocket for the key.

(( So sorry!!!))

Eddie shook his head and laughed internally. "No way man, I don't smoke anything or take anything and I'm mostly clean when it comes to my stuff." He did leave a few clothes lying around on the floor but he would probably clean them up if he was living with someone that wasn't his parents.
Eddie paused when he said vegetarian, that meant he didn't eat any meat. "Umm, right. That sounds okay." He tried to figure out if that meant he had to be aswell or if it just meant he ate meat on his own. "Is it alright if I have a few dates round, well, they're more flings really?" Eddie would ease his way into him being bi, really hoping he wasn't turned down again.

((It's fine :) I've been away a lot lately because I'm working an insane amount of hours, so I might disappear for awhile XD Sorry in advance if I do.))

Gabriel nodded. "Sounds good. I leave stuff lying around occasionally, but you're not gonna wind up wading through crap, or cleaning rancid pudding off the ceiling." He grinned, finding the key at last and unlocking the door, opening it onto a hallway decorated from floor to ceiling on all walls in posters, mostly of fluroescent blue, and black. "I apologise in advance for my awful taste in colours." Gabriel said sheepishly. There were two doors on the right side of the hallway, two on the left, and one in the middle.
"The doors on the right lead to the kitchen and the bathroom. You have to go through the kitchen to get to your room. The doors on the left are the lounge, and my room. The one on the far wall is the laundry room." He smiled. "Want the grand tour?" He asked.
"Having people round is no problem." Gabriel smiled. "As long as you don't take them into my room. I might have a bloke or a bird in there some nights too, so yeah, it's no big." He said amicably. Being bisexual had never even been an issue for him. He'd always preferred telling people upfront than hiding and second-guessing people, he was a very 'all-on-the-surface' guy.

Eddie grinned when he saw the walls, it was his kind of place to be. "Don't, it's cool." He saidd to the apology for bad taste. He listenend to where everything was. "Uh, yeah actually. I'll forget where everything is otherwise." Just as they started to walk Eddie realised what the guy had said. "Wait, you like guys?" He realised how it had come out (Homophobic) but he was too shocked to fix his speech.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back