Blood Status
Unknown
Relationship Status
Engaged
Sexual Orientation
Homosexual
Wand
Straight 12 Inch Flexible Ash Wand with Phoenix Tail Feather Core
Set the morning after the Medley’s Yuletide Black Tie party in 2051.

The yuletide party went differently to Archie expected, in the best way. Dressing up and dancing the night away with his friends was all the distraction he had wanted and needed with the stress and impending decision of whether he should actually visit his father after searching for such a long time. Archie needed a night away to have fun and be with the people he cared about, who cared about him in return and who he knew wouldn't reject him. In all of that he had found the distraction he wanted, and more. He hadn’t expected the addition of being swept of his feet for a dance by a mysterious musician he met only one before, but it had all happened in the course of one night, and it felt like being in a movie, like Archie was a dream he was yet to wake up from. It made him feel carefree and alive and like himself for the first time in a while, and it was almost too good to be true. But when he did eventually wake up the next day the dream definitely didn’t end, and it was too good and too true, and absolutely beginning to feel a lot like Christmas when Archie headed out to a café near Asher’s place for the breakfast he was craving.​
After ordering a hearty English breakfast and a cold glass of fresh orange juice, Archie sat down at the booth across from Asher and smiled to himself. “Ah, I’m so hungry.” He mused, pressing a hand on his tummy as he waited for his meal to be served to him. “What did you order?” Archie asked, forgetting what Asher had ordered when they were at the counter. He wondered if their orders were the same or very different. In the grand scheme of things, it didn’t matter what either of them ordered but it didn’t stifle Archie’s curiosity to ask about it anyway.​

Asher had been against last night in the beginning- the suit, the party, it was all really very formal on what was an otherwise lazy night. But Leo had wanted to go, and Ash wasn't going to make his brother go to a party alone. Running into Archie there had been a bonus, a very good and pleasant bonus that still had Asher smiling. He was dressed more comfortably now, and after successfully sneaking Archie back out of the house- he didn't want to explain to Vera or- merlin, Delaney- why Asher suddenly brought someone back to the house, he was relaxed again and ready to eat after such a busy night.

"I ordered a waffle," He replied, settling in his seat with his water. "I did mention how cute you look in my shirt, didn't I?" He spoke again, grinning and propping his head up on his hand. "You should keep it- I like it better on you anyway," He winked playfully, sipping his water. "You know, Arch," Ash leaned back in his booth, laying an arm casually over the back of the seat. "I was rather surprised to see you again," He smiled. "Pleasantly surprised, mind you, but still surprised. How have you been?" He asked, curious about the cheery man in front of him. Asher had thought about him a bit since their last encounter, and that surprised him.

Archie looked around the café, nodding when Ash said he had ordered a waffle. “Oh yum, I wanted eggs and bacon and sausages and everything.” Archie answered, looking back to Asher and smiling, before his eyes darted down to the shirt he was currently wearing. Giggling, Archie toyed with the hem of the t-shirt, smiling at the design then looking back up to Asher. In all honesty he had forgotten he was wearing Asher’s shirt but nevertheless appreciated the compliment. “Thanks.” Archie said with a nod of his head, looking away again as his meal was served to him. Archie smiled happily as his plate was placed down by the waiter, thanking the man before he picked up his knife and fork and began to dig in.​
He was partway through chewing a piece of bacon when Asher asked how he had been. Archie looked up from his plate, chewing for a moment and pondering the question. Manners weren’t usually Archie’s strong suit but he did want to make a good impression, not wanting to talk with his mouth full. It was an intense question, one that Archie wasn’t sure how to answer, but he decided he would try as he picked up his glass of orange juice and washed down his mouthful before responding. “Oh, right yeah, sorry for not contacting you, I had some personal stuff going on when we met, it kinda took over after that, so talking to anyone really wasn’t on my mind.” Archie tried to explain without giving too much detail. He had found that talking about the fact he was adopted, and was searching for his birth parents was overwhelming at the best of times, a topic that made others unsure of how to react, a topic that made people he spoke to distance themselves if they weren’t already a friend because it was difficult to talk about, and Archie didn’t want to scare Asher away if he could avoid it.​

Asher picked up the maple syrup and poured some onto his waffle. He took a bite, nodding as Archie talked and taking a sip of his own drink. "Oh, no, yeah, I totally get that," He reassured the blond. Of course, he hadn't crossed Archie's mind, Ash had never thought of that as a possibility. "Even under the best of circumstances I'm not really the type of guy to cross people's minds," He laughed lightly. "You don't have to talk about it if you'd rather not," He shrugged, giving Archie another smile. He leaned forward, propping his chin in his hand. He wasn't about to admit that Archie had crossed his mind on more than one occasion, or how he had hoped that Archie might reach out to him again. "I like to think of myself as a friend, Archie baby. I like you. If there's anything you need, I don't mind helping," He told the blond, serious. Ash might not have a lot of skills, but the ones he did have he was good at. And he had a bit of money, he didn't mind helping Archie if that was the issue. Asher didn't really care about how much money he had anyway.

Archie shook his head, sipping from his orange juice again and returning the glass to the table as he responded to Asher’s words. “Hey, no, you are a guy that crosses minds, all dark and mysterious and stuff.” Archie reassured, shaking his head. He then paused, looking at Asher for a moment and considering whether he should tell Asher the truth of all that had happened, and why he hadn't contacted Asher after the night they met. It was a lot and it still was a subject that made many people he barely knew uncomfortable, but if Asher was a friend and did like him as he said he did, Archie decided to tell him after all. He wanted to trust Asher’s words and he guessed telling Asher was the best way to tell if he should.​
“It’s okay, its just emotional stuff, really.” Archie began, looking back down to his plate and placing down his knife and fork next to it. “I’m adopted right, and I grew up in an orphanage when I was younger, so I’ve been trying to find my birth parents, when we met, I was looking for them.” Archie explained, looking directly at Asher to show he was serious. “Just after we met, I did meet my mother, but she didn’t want to know me, I have a half-brother too, who I also met.” He explained. “I’ve been looking for my father since then, I now have a name and an address, but I’ve been um, nervous to meet him as well, what if he doesn’t want to know me either, you know?” Archie explained, waving his hand slightly, then picking up his knife and fork again, beginning to eat more of his breakfast. “The party last night was meant to be a distraction from that, and it worked.” He remarked, smiling slightly and looking back up to Asher. “But now that we’re having breakfast and I’m back into real life things, I need to think about it again.” Archie had been thinking for too long, and in the back of his mind he knew it, but he also felt denial and the pain of the potential heartbreak, that kept him waiting and kept him away from taking action. For a moment Archie couldn't help but wonder, or even hope that Asher had a different perspective, or some advice for him as he wasn’t sure of what he should do otherwise.​

Asher chuckled. "Well, that certainly makes us opposites. I might be dark and mysterious, but you are certainly sunshine and ice cream," He winked, reaching over and brushing Archie's hair from his eyes. He pulled back, though, and listened as Archie spoke, keeping the man's gaze. Well, that was a lot. Asher was silent a moment, sipping his water. He set it down again, before sitting up and reaching his hands across the table to take Archie's in his. "Hey, listen," He smiled softly.

"First of all, thank you for trusting me, Archie. We haven't known each other long, but I do care about you," He ran his thumb lightly over Archie's knuckles. "Now, I don't know why your mother doesn't want to know you. But I can tell you, that is a stupid mistake on her part. I've only known you a short time, but for the sake of being blunt, I admire you. You're sweet, and soft, and kind. You're an amazing man, Archie baby, and she's depriving herself of a wonderful person. I don't know if your dad will accept you, but I do think you should give him the chance." He smiled softly, reaching up and tucking Archie's hair behind his ear. "And hey, if your dad is an absolute idiot too, well, I'll take you home with me and you can meet my dad, too. I'm sure he'd love you," He joked lightly at the end, chuckling and sitting back. He took another bite of his breakfast, mulling over what Archie had told him.

Archie had to admit he was slightly taken aback when Asher reached forward to hold his hands. But he wasn’t against the gesture either, honestly finding the warmth of Asher’s hands over his own as reassuring and comforting as his words. It was difficult to believe his dad would want to get to know him after so much time. It would be overwhelming in so many ways to have a child you never knew existed suddenly arrive at your front door, and Archie couldn’t begin to imagine what that experience was like, couldn’t imagine the burden he was placing on his birth parents to contact them and show up out of nowhere wanting to be part of their lives. Archie knew if he were in their shoes, he would welcome them with open arms, but his mother at least felt differently. But for what it was worth Archie did appreciate Asher’s reassurance his dad would love him.​
Archie sighed, smiling slightly, and chuckling at the comment he could meet Asher’s dad instead. “That would be fun. But I need to be brave first and meet my own dad, I dunno.” Archie murmured, moving away from Asher and leaning back so he could continue eating his breakfast. He picked up a mouthful of eggs with his fork and began chewing. “So, that’s my life, and it was really sad and stuff when my birth mother didn’t care about me.” Archie said, glossing over the hurt he had experienced, not wanting to bring it up further over breakfast. “What about your life? What have you been doing with your band?” Archie asked, finding Asher’s life far more interesting and less heartbreaking than his own.​

Ash was slowly working on his breakfast while Archie thought a bit, taking a sip of his drink as Archie asked about his life. He figured since Archie was so blunt, Ash could share, too. "It's the same as it ever is," He shrugged. "I goof off with Delaney, the bassist, we're more like brothers, he and I wrestle a lot. Leo is like the band dad, he tries to get us to eat actual food a lot, I always think it's good but if I told him that it would be chaos," He laughed lightly. "Vera is the queen, really, I adore her. We've been out on tour a bit, I've been working on new songs." He shrugged. "People are always thinking band life is charmed, but it's a lot of work and stress. I mean, we love it, I wouldn't trade it, but honestly, it's tiring and a little lonely sometimes. I've never placed roots anywhere, I wanted to follow the wind, but I never realized getting blown around on the wind can leave you pretty battered," He laughed lightly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back