OOC First Name
Kait
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Single
Wand
Knotted 10 1/2 Inch Flexible Acacia Wand with Meteorite Dust Core
Jemma Potter loved the sunshine. She believed in taking advantage of the warmer weather especially since she had no interest in doing any lessons today. It wasn’t quite warm enough for a swim in the lake. Instead, Jemma took a large quilt that her mother had made outside along with a book. She didn’t think anyone would approach her while she sat on the lawn. Jemma opened the quilt and spread it across the ground before settling herself in.

Somehow, the Gryffindor girl had made it all the way to third year with only two close friends, and one of those was her cousin who didn’t have much of a choice but to love her. There were a handful of other students that were on friendly terms with her, but she wouldn’t exactly call them friends. Of course, Jemma realized this was her own fault. She had a hard time getting close to people or trusting other people. At least, Jemma knew she could always count on Jake.

It was a lovely day. Willow had been outside. she had gone for a bit of a jog earlier and then just not wanted to go inside to face the stacks of homework she knew she had. instead, she stood for a while on the side of the lake picking up stones and skimming them into the water. "one two three" she said as one jumped across the surface. she picked up another one "one two three four" she said as this one made it even further. it was something her dad had taught her to do in the dam on their farm.
She paused for a minute. looking around to find another flat stone but none caught her eye. a slight breeze caught her and sent a shiver through her. the cool air drawing the heat from her sweat. she headed back across the lawn. still not wanting to go back inside to face her homework it was then that she saw someone familiar sitting on the grass. "Hey Jem" she said sitting down on the grass next to her friends blanket. she didn't care that the girl was reading. she had just realised that chatting was exactly what she wanted to do. so that was what she was going to do.

Jemma was only a few pages into the book when she was interrupted. She was surprised to hear someone speaking to her, even using a shortened version of her name. Jemma looked up to find Willow Cullen. The girl shared a dorm with her, and now, they were both on the Quidditch team together. The redhead smiled at Willow and put her book down. "Hey, Willow. What are you up to?" she asked, curiously. Jemma didn't really know all that much about her roommate.

willow watched as Jemma put away her book. glad that the girl seemed happy enough to talk. she had shared a room with Jemma for over two years and still didn't know her that well. "I am great, I have just been for a jog, and then skimmed stones on the lake, so basically just trying to avoid the piles of homework I have waiting inside" she said trying to make it sound half like a joke and half serious. it was exactly what she was trying to do. "are you ready for the match" she asked. the two of them were on the house Quidditch team and their first match was coming up.

Getting close to people was difficult for Jemma. Her mother had tried to shelter her from the cruel realities the world as much as possible when she was younger and her only interactions prior to Hogwarts had been with family. Then, her mother had died, Link left school, Lyra graduated, and Noah transferred so Jemma had retreated into her little bubble, only letting Jake in. Gradually, that had expanded to Brayden, but usually it just meant she was alone. She wasn’t unfriendly, but it was hard to let people see the real Jemma Potter. She had promised Ly that she would make more of an effort to do so this year. The Gryffindor nodded as Willow told her about her day and asked about the match. Quidditch was always something that could bring a true smile to her face. “Oh yes, absolutely! Aunt Cyndi was so proud I made the team that she cried.” Jemma said, rolling her eyes. Aunt Cyndi really cried because she said she wished Kiera could see Jemma, but Jemma didn’t want to share that part.

Willow smiled as Jemma seemed to come alive at the mention of Quidditch. she smiled as she said that her aunt had cried when she had found out that she had made the team. "aww, Professor Kingsley is cool." she said. If Willow didn't have Aunt Madlyn she would have liked to have her as an aunt. she had heard her mum say how well she had looked after her as head of house after she had been bitten. That had been the one time according to aunt Madlyn that Briar had been in the darkest and most lonely place.
It was no real secret that Jacob was her son and as Jemma was his cousin she guessed that was the aunt in question. "My mum was happy I made it, but wishes I had tried out for chaser, but I would much rather be seeker or beater" she said. shaking her head slightly, her blonde ponytail flicking behind her. that pressure and a desire for rebellion had been the reason she hadn't tried out last year.

Jemma laughed as Willow called her aunt cool. I’m mang ways, Jemma agreed, but it was clear Willow had never been on the receiving end of her aunt’s temper. Still, Jemma was happy that she had her aunt, and now grandmother, in the school with her. “I tried out for seeker with chaser as a second option. I think I’m a better seeker like my dad and brother, but my mum was a chaser like my sister is now.” Jemma said, though Willow probably knew that about Lyra. Lyra was a chaser on the team during their first year.

Willow laughed. "you certainly have Quidditch in your blood" she said as her friend listed off all her family members who had played Quidditch. "I forgot that you had a sister, Lyra right, chaser for the thunderers" she said. the thunderers were one of her two her favourite teams. She supported the macaws officially because that was who her mum had played for. but both she and her mum could agree that the thunderers were the best team. "I thought i had pressure having one family member who played" she said. sure Jemma had a larger family. she only really had her parent's aunt uncle cousin and mormor.. and she doubted that her aunt and uncle would be allowed to play due to being part giant. she could almost see them trying to fly laden with beaters batts on blooms that were too small. and uncle chay was one of the most gentle people she knew. she doubted he would hurt a fly on purpose.

Jemma nodded her head, unsurprised that Willow knew Lyra's name or who she played for. "Yes. Lyra plays chaser for the Thunderers, and my brother, Link, plays seeker for the Cannons, just like my dad did before...well, before he disappeared. My mum was a chaser for the Harpies." she said, proud of her family's accomplishments. Quidditch certainly did run in her blood. "You're telling me. It's so much pressure, and they are constantly trying to tell me how to do it better. We're a competitive family too." Jemma said with a grin.

Willows eyebrows rose when Jemma listed all the players in her family. "things must get quite tense during the season, especially if people are playing against each other." she said. thinking of how explosive it could be. especially if more than one of them were as single-minded and as competitive as her mum. she thought back to last season, she didn't really remember the games that well as she didn't follow the UK league closely but there was a match of the thunderers and harpies and that had been a tense one "are you planning on playing professionally one day?" she asked. jemma had always played well at practice and they had a long way to go before they had to decide.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back