Lonely.

Daniel Clairoux

OOC First Name
Tenile
Sexual Orientation
Homosexual
Daniel pursed his lips as he stared down at the ground. It looked like it was at a pretty grand distance, but that didn't worry him too much. Daniel was bored, very very bored and he was determined to fix it. Drake was off doing something, so the aid of his cousin wasn't going to happen. Daniel had been attending Beauxbatons for what seemed like forever. Atleast he had French down, he was practically fluent at it now, except now his Cheyenne was pretty horrible, not that anyone but his father and Hazel cared. With a sigh, Daniel swung off the branch and hung there by his feet, letting his arms dangle down from gravity. He was so bored! This was boring, he felt like doing something that would expel his energy. Maybe he could find someone? Where were people these days, they always seemed to be somewhere else. He frowned and pulled himself back up into the tree, and then slide out. It was time to go and find some people to talk to. Silence was a thing that Daniel couldn't stand, he had to be communicating with someone at all times, like now.

It took the boy quite awhile to walk away from the trees and walk up the lawn. It was a nice lawn, he had to admit. A bright smile formed on his face when he saw someone, he had no idea who they were, but they were going to talk to him, whether they liked it or not. Daniel ran up towards them, and stopped in front of them, still smiling brightly. He held out his hand and spoke in French. "Hello, I'm Daniel, nice to meet you." He didn't recognise the person, so he just introduced himself and settled it there. It was nice to get out more.​
<i>
</i>

Alice was watching the sun rise. It was a fine day, not too warm or too cool. The air had a buzzing magic of expectancy, and Alice felt free. The feeling had surprised her when it had arrived. It had seemed to pounce upon the young brunette, leaning back on her hands whilst sitting on the large lawn of the school. Freedom had always been associated with Ravenclaw and Hogwarts for Alice, and she was confused and surprised when the feeling arrived at Beauxbatons. Was this a sign that she was moving on? Did this mean her loyalties lay with the new French school rather than the New Zealand one? The thoughts and questions were spinning around her head, caging in the feeling of freedom. Deciding that she was contradicting her thoughts, she let it all go. Imagining throwing her feelings, confusions and mixed emotions into the air and releasing the freedom, Alice stood up. It was a small act of doing how she felt, and scooping up her book, she began to walk. The trees were ahead of her and she smiled as she headed that way. She had made it to the edge a couple of times, but had always found a reason to return to the castle, to safety. But now was the time to carry on wandering and to find the freedom she so desired. She turned and looked at the castle once, before beginning to quicken her pace. Her heart was beginning to race and she was delighted that it was the perfect day to go on such an adventure.
Adventure. The word hung in the air like a Christmas tree decoration (I got in a Christmas mention!). She smiled to herself, carrying on with the journey when someone jumped out in front of her. Raising her eyebrows in surprise, she studied the boy standing in front of her. He looked friendly, and bored and in need of someone to talk to. "Hi. I'm Alice. And I guess it's lovely to meet you too Daniel." She laughed, her tone full of surprise but joy. "Is it Dan?" She enquired, deciding that fate had presented her with an opportunity to make a friend, and she was going to make the most of it. "I'm braving the woods for the first time, would you care to join me?" The offer was brave for Alice, and hoping he would accept, she carried on walking but slowly.

Daniel folded his arms across his chest and rocked slightly on his feet. He was itching to do something, he just had far too much energy to expel. He was somewhat relieved that the girl didn't freak. Sometimes people didn't take too well to people leaping out in front of them, like his cousin for example. Poor Andy would have fainted by now if some person just jumped out in front of him. The Ravenclaw had always been a timid one. Daniel smiled at the girls name. Alice was a nice name, it could be shortened to Ally, or lengthened to Allison, both female names he liked a lot. "You can call me Dan if you like. Can I call you Ally, or is that a no?" some people were really sensitive about their names, he didn't really understand why some were so protective over them. They were just names, was to be identified, sometimes it was fun for them to be shortened.

Alice appeared to want to make friends, because she wasn't snubbing him as of yet. That was super cool. When she informed the boy that she was going on an adventure to the woods, Daniel beamed at her. This was like his Brithday, or Christmas. (see what I did there?) Daniel hadn't gone on an adventure since he plotted one with Warren, which was years and years ago. He often wondered what happened to the spirited Hufflepuff, he was probably a prefect or something by now. "I would love to join you!" He said, walking beside Alice. This was going to be epic.

Alice nodded at the boy who introduced himself as Dan. He said she could call him that, and she wondered whether it was short for Daniel. She had had a friend called Daniel at Hogwarts, she recalled. But this Daniel was different. He seemed way too excitable and was almost bouncing where he stood. The sight of it made her laugh quietly, he was full of energy. Alice laughed again at the use of Ally. "I've never been called that before. You can call me Lissy, but if you really need to call me Ally, then sure!" It would be better to start out openly, to let him feel happy around her. That was the way most friendships started, she was sure of it. Alice carried on walking, pleased that Dan was joining her. "So what's your story then? You know, what year are you in? Do you live in France? etc..." She asked, trying to bring some conversation alive. Looking at him, Alice tried to guess what his answer would be. She had once been excellent and accurate with reading people, but she had let this skill fall and was out of practise. The easiest thing to do was to sort people into Hogwarts Houses. She had known enough people at Hogwarts to be able to make this happen well most of the time, and assessing what she knew of the boy so far, she began to evaluate. He definitely wouldn't be a Slytherin, he had bounced up to her and seemed exceptionally friendly. But, she knew Ryan Moon, a lovely boy who had seemed to be destined for Gryffindor but had turned up in Slytherin. Ok, but Slytherin was a slim option for Dan. Gryffindor? Maybe. He seemed ready for adventure and like he wanted to have fun. Ravenclaw? There had been no clues to suggest he was either for or against the house of the clever and wise. So Hufflepuff? He seemed friendly, willing to chat and a bubble of fun. Alice decided that it was between Hufflepuff and Gryffindor, and only time would tell as the conversation continued, and she would be able to pinpoint more traits. The day seemed to be off for a good start, and Alice smiled, feeling exceptionally positive about it.

Beauxbatons wasn't as interesting as Hogwarts New Zealand. It was probably because it was older, and brighter and more classy. His first day was a disaster, because everything was just so different. The trees here weren't as menacing as the Forbidden forest, they just looked serene. That took out the adventurous side of the school. Dan had nothing against Beauxbatons, he was glad to be coming here, but sometimes he couldn't help but think that it would be better if something interesting happened. Well, at least he was stuck out alone, he now had someone with him that didn't seem to mind his spontaneous personality. It was a relief. Daniel frowned slightly in confusion. "No-one has ever called you Ally? That's odd, I've always shortened it to Ally, it seems easier." He shrugged. "But we're not here to talk about my opinions on name shortening, are we?" He laughed slightly and shook his head.

They walked for a moment, before Ally began speaking again. He smiled. "Well... I'm in Sixth year. I originally lived in New Zealand with my family, but then my mother and I moved to France three years ago, and I've been here since." At first, Dan had not liked the move, just like every other teen that was torn from their family and friends, he hated it. But as time passed and his cousin began attending the school also, it became easier to adapt. "I used to go to a school in New Zealand, Hogwarts. It was an amazing school, and sometimes I miss it. But that's me, what about you? I haven't been out much, but I don't remember seeing you before."

Alice laughed warmly at Daniel's friendly chatter. He seemed a laugh and she decided that it couldn't be that bad spending time with someone for a while. She shook her head, wondering at the name. "Nope. But you can call me it if you like, it's nice!" She laughed in a friendly manner, liking his way of conversation. He laughed slightly and Alice smiled. His answer to her question took her by surprise. She listened patiently until he had finished, feeling her spirit light up at his answers. "This is amazing! I'm from England, but I went to at HNZ as well. I was a Ravenclaw and would be in my 6th year, but Beauxbatons decided that it would be a good idea to resit the year to get used to the way of life here. They said I should be able to keep up with the extra classes I've signed up for as long as I resat the year. So I'm here, in France. And, it's... interesting." She smiled, wondering what else she could say. "I don't remember seeing you around there, but I didn't know too many people in my first few years." She paused, trying to recall this Daniel that she just met but should have been in her year at HNZ. She pretty much knew everyone else in her year and the few surrounding years but that wasn't until she had gotten more confident around people. It had mostly been the Ravenclaws she had known, so she didn't feel too bad about it. But she was proud that her secret sorting had been accurate. They carried on walking, Alice waiting for Daniel to comment or say something, but still finding the silence comforting.

Sorry, this is awful!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back