Lonely

Nina Patrokov

OOC First Name
Alexis
Wand
Yellowheart with a mix of satinwood and a core of pixie dust.
Nina walked down to the Great Hall for an early breakfast, not being able to sleep. Nina sighed heavily as she walked in and it was empty, of course she expected it but was still hopeful. Nina couldn't remember where the Hogwarts Scotland table was and didn't care to try and figure it out. So she took a seat at the only set table.
Nina then sat down at a bench hesitantly, something was telling her that she should leave, but didn't anyways. Nina sighed and picked up a fork and started to play with her food, taking in similtaneous bites of food, not really hungry. Nina was more nervous for her little brother. A few minutes later Nina had completly stopped being aware of her surroundings and was wrapped up in her head.
My little brother is sick, I should go home, but I can't the Goblet chose me, I have to stay. What should I do? Why does everything unjust and difficult have to happen around the most amazing and brilliant times of my life? Nina thought angrily to herself, not even sure if she said it out loud or was just thinking it.

"Dumb cat...can't sleep normally...what kind of cat can't sleep all day..." Asher grumbled as she sleepily made her way down to the Great Hall. Acucio had taken it upon himself to make sure that Asher knew he was hungry by jumping on her back repeatedly until she rolled out bed and shot him a dirty look, to which he just meowed snobbily.

"It is WAY too early to be here..." she mumbled as she walked through the doors. Asher looked up and saw Nina sitting at one of the tables. She looked worried. Asher made her way over and sat beside her. "Nina? Are you alright?" she asked gently drapping her arm over Nina's shoulders.

Nina looked up at Asher only when she felt Asher touch her arm Nina smiled, "Oh you know me, I worry way to much." Nina lied to Asher, but making sure that Asher couldn't tell. Nina smiled with fake happyness. "What are you doing up so early Asher?" Nina asked, trying to change the subject.

Asher knew all to well how to tell when someone was covering up the truth...Abbey did it all the time. But like she usually did with Abbey, Asher let Nina get away with her lie. If she wanted to tell Asher she would.

"Acucio...or should I say his royal highness...decided he was hungry and that that was more important than my sleep..." Asher grumbled making a face.

[There is a topic that Prof. Davis started in the lawn...Isabella and I already responded so if you want to go ahead :D Actually the topic is for all of the HS students :D]

Nina giggled, "Must be all the play time he has with Nilma." Nina said happily. "So have you written to Abbey yet?" Nina asked curiously.

Asher chuckled. Acucio and Nilma had grown rather fond of each other. "I've written to her twice so far. She's doing well. Said she's made some friends in her year and that she's managing to stay out of trouble...which loosly translated means she hasn't gotten caught yet." Asher joked.

"When doesn't it?" Nina asked rhetoricly and laughed. "Thats good she has made a few friends in her year, I didn't have any friends other than Alex in the first year." Nina said.

Asher looked down at her hands fiddling in her lap. "I didn't have friends until this year..." she admitted. "Actually, besides Abbey...Noah was my very first friend..." Asher said with a brilliant smile. That had to mean something didn't it?!

"Oh well thats nice, but what about Al, you two seem pretty close?" Nina said, almost asking Asher, checking if what she had seen was true or if she was being paranoid.

Asher looked up at Nina with surprise on her face. "Alex? Yes we're friends...good friends....Why do you...OH! Nina...you don't think that I...?" Asher asked.

"I'm sorry Asher, I don't speak crazy." Nina teased.

Asher made a face. "Nina...do you think that I have a crush on Alex?" she asked quietly.

"At first I did, you were glaring at me, it was quite creepy." Nina said honestly. Looking down and blushing, know that she knew Asher, she knew it wasn't true but was taught to be paranoid about everything. Nina's Grandfather had taught her this lesson the hard way when she was quite young.

Asher blushed out of shame. "Oh Nina...I'm so sorry. I don't know why I acted the way I did with you at first...actually I don't understand why I acted the way I did with anyone. I never meant anything by it...just reflex I guess. But trust me...Alex is just a good friend, nothing more." Asher assured her with a kind smile.

Nina nudged her in the ribs jokingly. "Geez I hate you Ash!" Nina teased and stuck her toungue out.

Asher looked up with a smile and nudged Nina in return. "I hate you too!" she said cheerfully. She threw her arms around Nina. "I'm so glad we hate each other!!" she cried and then burst out laughing.

"God I know." Nina shouted, between laughs.

Asher gasped for air and her eyes overflowed with tears from her laughter. It seemed that she and Nina were becoming fast friends, and it was nice to be close to someone.

As Nina calmed down she realized that she wasn't worried about her family anymore. And she frowned. I am such a bad person, while my family is going through a hardship I am sitting here laughing with 'Asher'. I am an aweful person! Nina thought disgustedly. Then realized that Asher was still there she looked up and smiled with as much happyness she could bring so Asher wouldn't worry, it seemed that, it was all Nina made her do, and she felt aweful for Asher.

Asher saw Nina smile at her but it didn't touch her eyes. "Nina, you know you can talk to me...I want to help you." she said kindly encouraging Nina with her eyes.

"Really, I am fine, I am just worried about Darcy, there is no way to take him to St. Mungos and I have no other ideas. I haven't even met him yet!" Nina said quietly at first but building up frustration and anger at herself, until she was shouting. Then realising she was being loud she whispered, "I just wish I could do something to help." Nina sighed, she was upset about her brother but she didn't want Asher to worry about it, they had only become friends recently, Nina felt that she would have told Alex as soon as she knew but Asher was the first 'friend' she had seen when she got the news.

Asher placed her hand on Nina's arm. "Nina, I know you're worried. I'm sorry, I wish I could help more. Please don't make yourself worry too hard though. You have many other things to worry about also. I'm sure Darcy will be fine. I'm sorry if I sound heartless, but you can't be distracted. There is no way to help Darcy if you lose your focus and get hurt in the first task." Asher said hoping she didn't sound harsh or rude. She trully cared about Nina and her little brother. The last thing she wanted was for anything to happen.

Nina nodded and shook her head, as if she was shaking the thought out of her head. Nina smiled genuinely and stood up because she was quite full. "Asher, do you wnat to have a little fun? We have sometime before classes start." Nina said.

Asher smiled up at Nina as she stood. "Sure!" she said brightly. Asher desperately wanted Nina to feel better.

Nina smiled and her eyes danced wickedly. "How about we go into the Forbidden Forest and check things out? If you want you can invite Noah, if he is awake." Nina said.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back