Lonely at platform 9 and 3/4

Taloola Mist

OOC First Name
Chalky
Away with her thoughts, Taloola sat by the side of the portal to platform 9 and 3/4, she had arrived an hour early and was now very bored.
Taloola had no idea how to use the portal, all her grandmother had told her was 'use the wall', what was that suppost to mean? She wished for a nice witch or wizard to come and help her, elce how was she going to get to Hogwarts on time?

Caleb had finelly finished shopping for his school suplys, which he had left to the last minuit (as he does with mist things) when he noticed a girl sat on the floor. He walked up behind her, "Are you alright" he said as he reached her side.

"HUH! you... you made me jump! I.. I'm ok. Thank you." Taloola had slipped so far into her dream that she had not realised this boy aproching her. She could feel her cheeks slowly turning red at the shock of this... this boy, coming and making her jump, so out of the blue.

"I'm sorry, I just though looked a little lost." Caleb noticed a letter on the girl's lap. It seemed to be one similar to the letter he had recived him self. "excuse me, is that a Hogwarts letter?" He wondered to himself how many other Hogwarts students there might be, right here, in such a muggle type place. He just didn't expect it.

"yes, it is... Hang on, how do you know about Hogwarts? are you going there too?" Wow! Taloola thought, this being the first magic person she had met that wasn't in her family.

"yes, I am. Why so positive though? It's not like its a good thing!" Caleb really could not see why enyone would be happy having to go to a place like Hogwarts. As it had always been his dream to go to a proper music and dance school, but he had to give up his dream to be a'stupid wizard'

"Well I'm looking forward to it! I've been brought up like a boring muggle all my life, I'm really exited!" Taloola blurted out without thinking. Normally she wouldn't have been so domeniering, but she couldn't understand how this boy could not be exited about learning magic, wasn't it every child's dream to do things like this?

humph! Caleb didn't know what to say without offending the girl. He still stuck by what he thought, but didn't want to argue. He could feel an awkward silence aproching.
"I'm Caleb Mintkin by the way" Not knowing what else to say "whats yours?" he asked

"Oh umm... Taloola, Taloola Mist" She went all shy at his sudden change of tune. "umm, I'm a little stuck you see" she really didn't want to ask him but she had to " Do you know how to get onto the platform? My Grandma left me with out explaining it properly."

Taloola... What a Pretty name to go with a pretty face, he thought. NO! think of Alice! "I don't think the portals open yet, I can show you though when it does" He gently smiled at her, seeing that she was probably uncomfertable having to ask a him. "say no if you want to go back to fairy land" he timidly said, scratching his head "can I sit with you please? I've got nothing else to do. I'm bored"

"Umm, well, yeah, sure. I you wanna" how many times must this boy suprise her today? She wasn't totally against him though. Look at those eyes, she thought to herself! NO! She stopped her thoughts, she had only just met the boy after all! "so... umm, did you come here on your own then?"

"well now I am, yeah. My older brother and my cousins go to Hogwarts too, we got our school stuff together today, but they've all gone off with their mates or whatever. I don't think they like hanging around with me!" he said with a sad looking raise of onw cheek. maybe this was pushing the sympethy thing a little too much, he thought to himself, but ah well. "you said you were here with your grandmother right? how come your on your own now?"

Yeah yeah, whatever, she thought to her self. "I'm sure they don't really dislike having you around, maybe they wanted to just catch up with some friends before school." she said, trying to be nice. "and yeah, I was here with my grandma, but she had shopping of her own to do, and I really don't feel like trailing round town with her ALL day!"

He felt sorry for the girl, being left on her own, as he had admited (to himself, of course) that he was lonely too. "so, you enjoy the prospect of being a witch and learning magic do you?" Caleb said, wanting to know the reason of her exitment, tempting her to prove his reasons for wanting to be a muggle, worthless.

"Of course I'm looking forward to it! Anything has got to be better than the muggle primary school I went to! The only good thing was Music lessons, they were sooo cool. The rest was really boring!" Tally sunk onto the bench next to her with a sigh. "I can't wait to get to Hogwarts!"

"Oh..." Caleb went quiet. "I loved my muggle primary school. It was a special one for music, dance and performance." Caleb had some of his best memories at that school. He had met his girlfriend, Alice there, and his best friends, Danny and Harry. He was so sad to be leaving them, that he had convinced himself that Hogwarts was going to be terrible.
Having never been to a 'normal' muggle school, Caleb could not fully understand why Taloola hated going to it so much.
"So, you say you enjoy music? I'm in a band... well, I WAS in a band"

something in common Taloola thought. "aw thats so cool. I would have loved to have gone to a school like that," :D very exited "it must have been so much fun!" she was interested now, she had heard about these type of schools, and had repetedly asked her mother if she could go to one. But The closest one to them was 6 miles away, and it was really expensive. So there was no way she was alowed to go. :(
"your were in a band? That must have been cool to. I play violin... sometimes."

"Sometimes? haha" Caleb liked the way the girl was so blunt about this. He didn't usually get to know people this easily, but she seemed nice, she seemed like the type of girl Caleb could be friends with. He smiled softly to himself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back