OOC First Name
Daphne
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Sexual Orientation
Straight (Nell)
Whenever Jasper's father needed to be in Brightstone for whatever reason, Jasper begged and pleaded until he would take him along. He enjoyed being in the wizarding town, especially because Hogwarts was nearby and he could pretend he was just one of the students out on a Brightstone weekend. Or even better, one of the students who managed to sneak out and have adventures in Brightstone when he wasn't supposed to.

But he wasn't a student, and his dad's shopping trips weren't very interesting or adventurous. The man never seemed to need candy or prank items or even Quidditch figurines. And Jasper groaned audibly when it became apparent they were headed to Madam Malkin's. Jasper knew they weren't buying his school robes yet, and he also knew that was smart. He was growing quite a bit, and he hoped to be very tall when he started Hogwarts. After a bit of more pleading, he managed to get his dad to agree to leave him outside by himself. As long as he stayed in view of the store, at least. It didn't take the boy long to find something to entertain himself with. It never did. He found an old, forgotten ball behind some bushes, and he found an old brick that had broken into two pieces. Presumably when it fell off some old building here. Jasper used the two halves of the brick to make a little goal against a wall, then started kicking the ball at it. The ball wasn't in optimal condition, but it rolled which was the most important.

"Jasper's on the ball, he's approaching goal. He kicks and he- aww, he barely misses." He muttered as he attempted to score. It was definitely a bit more exciting with some commentary, even if he had to provide it himself. "But he's determined, he tries again and he..... SCORES!" Jasper threw up his arms to celebrate his victory. In reality, the ball hadn't exactly gone into the goal, it had instead hit one of the brick pieces. But in Jasper's mind, that counted. It was probably actually more difficult than just kicking it in between the two pieces anyway. So really, it should count double.

It was amazing how slowly time could pass when Deepa was looking forward to something, and she had never looked forward to anything so much in her life as going to Hogwarts. Her excitement was usually accompanied by a pang of guilt as she thought of the friends she would be leaving behind with little explanation, but they would surely make new friends of their own wherever they went next. A part of her hoped one or two of her classmates might secretly be magical as well, though she realised the unlikelihood of this. Still, a clean slate wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing. Maybe, at Hogwarts, she might even be one of the cool kids.

While her mother browsed the robes in Madam Malkin's, Deepa wandered around outside, peering into the window displays of the other magical shops. She was under strict instruction not to talk to any strangers, but when she spotted a boy kicking a ball around near a wall, her curiosity was piqued. Arms folded, she wandered quietly over, analysing his technique to try to figure out if he actually knew how to play. By the way he celebrated his 'goal', she guessed he did not. "Why are you cheering? That wasn't a goal. It has to go in between the goal posts?" she said, unable to help herself breaking her promise of silence to correct his mistake. "And my four year old cousin can dribble better than you. Give me the ball." She would show him how it was done.

After his first amazing goal, Jasper was eager to do it again. Maybe he could change the game a bit, make it even more exciting. He had plenty of imagination, so he could definitely make it more exciting in his head even if it didn't become reality. He was wondering if he should imagine there was a pit of lava with dragons in it underneath his feet that he had to jump away from while he played, when someone talked to him. He looked up, a strand of blond hair moving in front of his eye before he blew it away impatiently. When he saw it was a girl his own age, he was excited to make a new friend. That lasted about two seconds, until he had time to process what she was saying. "What are you talking about? It's my game, I can make up the rules." He told her, pointing to the goal. "Besides, it's harder to hit one of the posts than to hit it between. So it's really like a double goal." When she told him her four year old cousin could dribble better, his jaw set in annoyance. Jasper was generally a friendly kid, but he knew he could definitely dribble better than a four year old. Her insulting words definitely didn't make him want to play with her. "Go get your own, I found this one fair and square." He said with a slight raise of his chin. "And can a four year old do this?" He kicked the ball hard against the wall. To his dismay, he once again missed the goal he had set up. He didn't even hit one of the posts this time. The ball rolled over to the girl after it bounced off, and Jasper crossed his arms. "Fine, show me how good you are."

With his uncle campaigning in Brightstone in the run up to the election Christian decided to tag along so he could see the village he would no doubt come to spend a lot of time in during the next few years. Christian left his Uncle as he was setting up to hand put flyers and speak to people in the village and he went to explore. He wasn't away from his family long when he noticed two kids who appeared to be around his age. One was kicking a ball around and the other seemed to be telling him he was playing it wrong. Christian wanted to laugh but instead decided to approach the pair. "He's right hitting the post is harder, why don't you try it and see," Christian suggested to the girl trying to ease any potential tension between the strangers.

Deepa was confused. She was giving this boy the opportunity to play with someone who actually knew what they were doing, and he was practically telling her to get lost! She frowned as another boy came over to tell her the blond one was right. Did they know absolutely nothing about football? "It's not hard if you do it by accident," she pointed out, smirking as the ball bounced off the wall and right over to her feet. She stopped it with her toes. "That's stupid." Even if hitting the post had been the objective of the game, Deepa knew there was no way she could hit such a small target on purpose. She would embarrass herself, and she didn't want to give these obnoxious boys any reason to laugh at her. "Just move, and watch this." Dribbling the ball until she was in line with the goal, she kicked the ball into it, stepping back as it rolled toward the boys. "That's a goal," she said, folding her arms. "Are you two friends? Are you going to Hogwarts in September?" It would be nice to meet some of her fellow students in advance, even if they were bad at football.

Jasper looked up to see another boy their age approach. He wondered if he would be a pain like the girl was being, but instead he seemed to be taking his side. Jasper grinned at him and gave him a thumbs-up. "Right!" he said happily. But then he looked over to the girl, who said it wasn't hard if he did it by accident. "I didn't do it by accident at all." He lied. But when he saw her play, he knew he was in trouble. The girl was definitely better than him, he could see that even before she attempted to score. He grimaced when she scored an easy goal. "Well. Yeah." He said with a shrug. "But I can do that too, if I want." He nudged the ball towards the newcomer just so he wouldn't have to try right away, as he wasn't sure he would be able to prove that point. "I dunno, we might be friends soon." Jasper said as he grinned at the other boy. "I don't know him yet, but he seems cool." He turned back to the girl. "Maybe we can be friends too, as long you don't tell me I do everything wrong all the time." He nodded. "I am going to Hogwarts in September. I have two older cousins at the school already. They tell me a lot about it so I know almost everything already." He puffed up slightly as he revealed that information, assuming the other two would find this as impressive as he did.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back