Lockhart Manor

Daisy Lockhart-Sigurd

Daisy apparated to the front gate of the old manor her father's family owned, and had passed onto her father when they passed away, or just plain dissappeared. She had always found it odd that any family members her father dissaproved of suddenly moved away or simply left the area. She pushed the gates open and walked up the path to the front door. She placed her hand on the knocker to open the locks and let her into the front hall.
This was the only place she hated in the manor. Her father's portraits hung everywhere and were winking and preening all around. They loved to stare at eachother and could be found from time to time wandering into different portraits in the hall to fix their hair or adjust their clothes. She rolled her eyes to see them all smiling and waving at her. If only he had ever paid that much attention to her when he was well, she thought. He probably thinks I am here for an autograph. Psycho schmuck.
Daisy walked to the stairwell and made her way up the second floor where her suite of rooms resided. She opened her door and entered into her sitting room. Her cat, Daphodil, or Daffy for short, was curled up in the chair, waiting for her return. Daisy walked over to her and picked up the fluffy black cat before crashing on the sofa with Daffy in her lap. She stroked Daffy's fur, trying to relax before discussing her day with her mother.

Sarah heard her daughter enter and retreat to her suite of rooms. She left her alone for a little while before going and knocking on her door. She was curious how her first day in the Ministry of New Zealand went and discuss when they were going to move her father to St Mungo's here.

"Hello Darling" Sarah said as she entered the room and walked over to give her daughter a kiss on the cheek. "How was your first day? Did you see anyone we know?"

"Hello Mum. Yes, I did actually run into Brunhilde. I was surprised to see her there. She invited me over to their home tomorrow. Did you know that Tristan had another child? A boy this time. And I guess there was some issue with the girl over the holidays. Not sure what all that was about yet, but I am sure that I will be filled in fairly soon." Daffy jumped from Daisy's lap, and walked over to the fireplace and curled up there.
"How was your day Mum? Did you get Father settled into his temporary room? Or did the most wonderful thing happen and he dissapeared permenantly on the trip?" she asked.

"Sadly, he made the journey just fine. He is settled up in his rooms for now. I hope that the healer at St Mungo's will get back to us soon so we can relocate him there. I would like to have a life again. Until he is back in the hospital, I am responsible for his safety." Sarah responded with a note of irritation in her voice.

She hated having to care for that dottering fool that was the father of her beloved child. She dreaded the day someone was able to undo his memory charm. No one has been able to perform that level of magic since Voldemort, and she doubted that anyone would be that strong again. Not that she wanted that charm undone. It was better to have Gilderoy under her control, instead of having to bow to his demands.

"Maybe you should play nice and go and greet your father?" she said.

Daisy rolled her eyes at the suggestion, but it looked better to play nice to the idiot than to be the ungrateful daughter. She wished he would just die already, but he is healthy other than his memories.

"I suppose, I should. We never know when he will come out of this. I want to maintain my good girl image, you know." she said, dripping with sarcasm.

She stood and kissed her mother on the cheek. "I will head up there now and get it over with. I hope the healer responds to us soon."

Daisy headed out the door and up the stairs to her father's suite. She took a deep breath and opened the door, letting herself into her father's living room. Gilderoy Lockhart was sitting in a chair by the fire, signing picture of himself in response to the bag of fan mail that was next to him on the floor.

Gilderoy noticed that a young woman walked into the room. She looked familiar, but he wasn't sure why. Maybe she was a fan? He really had no idea. The room he was in was very familiar. He was pretty sure he had been here before, but could not remember when or where here was.

"Hello my dear girl. Are you here for an autograph?"

Daisy rolled her eyes as she approached her father. Time for sunshine and rainbows again, she thought.

"No Father. It's Daisy. Remember me?" she said sweetly, "I'm your daughter."

"Daughter? I have a daughter?" Gilderoy replied, looking at the girl standing before him. "Ah, yes, you look like me in a way. You have lovely locks, but they are not blonde like mine. Are you sure you are my daughter?" he looked at Daisy like he was assessing her head to toe. Daisy was used to this appraisal since he did this every time she visited him.
"Did you know I can do joined writing now? I can write out 10 pictures at once!" he said with a stupid grin, having lost interest in the daughter he cannot remember. "Do you know why this Bathilda Bumbleshort keeps writing me?"

"Could it be that you won the Witch Weekly Best Smile award 7 times?" Daisy replied, having answered this question numerous times before. "Father, have you settled in okay? Do you need anything?"

((I'm sorry for interrupting, but....

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH =)) =)) =)) ))

Gilderoy continued to read through the bag of fan mail that was at his side. He ignored Daisy as she asked him if she could do anything for him. He was back in his own world again, not really remembering anything, but reading his letters over and over and practicing his joined up writing.

Daisy shook her head as she left the room and locked the door behind her. He was her father, and at one time was a very loving man. She hated to see him like this, stuck between being the preening idiot he was when he lost his memory, and the idiot that he has become.
She walked down the hall and back to her room to get ready to leave to visit Brunhilde at her home. She knew that her friend had something up her sleeve but wasn't quite sure what that was.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back