Kaia Stark

Hufflepuff | Biologist | Traveler

OOC First Name
Sofija
Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Single
Kaia was excited for the new school year, and maybe she wasn't exactly excited for learning, she was still excited for meeting more people, maybe first years? However, she was easily sitting in the center of the courtyard playing with mom's cat Bubbles and Kiara's cat Coco, she also took around Anna's fairy Tinkerbell and her own 3 frogs who were right in her hands. She surely wasn't the most responsible person but she was pretty sure that she was able to look after some creatures. Not like they were that active that they were going to run away, at least Bubbles always was around her and Coco was following Bubbles everywhere, Tinkerbell stole a berry from Kaia's pocket and sat on her knee and ate it. And Kaia, herself, was playing with her frogs so they weren't exactly able to run somewhere away.

Weston was headed to — where else? — the Conglomerated Arts Room. It had grown to be his favorite part of the castle, and after a winter away from Hogwarts, he was eager to revisit the magical room. He and Jordie had agreed to start learning piano and bass this year, and Weston was eager to get a head start with some of the self-teaching instruments. However, as he opened the door to the courtyard, he was quickly distracted by a very strange sight.

One of his classmates was surrounded by cats and frogs. But it was the small creature sitting on Kaia's knee that caught Weston's attention. "Wow! Is that a real fairy?" Weston asked, hurrying closer to Kaia so he could get a better look. He'd seen a couple in his grandmother's garden before, but they always flew away as soon as they spotted him. "Is she yours? Are all these yours?" He was pretty sure students were only allowed one pet each, and he wondered how Kaia had gotten around that restriction.

Kaia looked up at the boy and smiled at his interest. "It is! She is four years old actually! Her name is Tinkerbell," she wasn't able to keep back from talking and spilling everything out immediately. "I wish," she sighed at both of the question about did she own all the creatures. She caught one of the frogs that wanted to jump away and finally answered the questions. "They are not mine. This one is Coco, her full name is Saint Coconut, her owner is Kiara. You know, one of the Arts Club leaders, a sixth year," she pointed at gray cat that was trying to fall asleep. As always when Kaia took her. "This one is Bubbles. Her full name is Daenerys Bubbles Stark, she is the professor Stark's cat," she pointed at the white Maine Coon that was cleaning her paws while sitting next to Coco. "This is Tinkerbell, Anna's fairy," with Anna being one of her best friends, she absolutely forgot about the fact that not everyone knew her. "And these three escapers are mine, I absolutely love frogs," she caught other one that was trying to run away too and put next to everyone else. "Larry, Harry and Carry," she giggled as she said their names and pointed at the each of the frogs according to their names. At least something she didn't mess up.

Weston just listened, a bit overwhelmed, as Kaia introduced all of the creatures and explained who their owners were. He forgot most of the names almost immediately. At the end of the introductions, he decided to focus on the frogs, which she'd mentioned last. "But why do you have three of them? Do you ever mix them up?" They all looked the same to him, and they had such similar names — Harry, Larry and... Mary?

He turned his attention to the fairy next since she was magical and by far the most interesting creature out of the six. "Can I hold her?" Weston tried to keep still, remembering all those times he'd stumble across a fairy in his grandmother's garden, only for it to fly away. Though the fairy was a pet, he was still worried he'd somehow scare her away. They were fickle creatures, his grandmother always said.

Kaia actually got confused when Weston asked why she had three of them. She actually didn't know. "My dad gave them to me as a present, but oh well, I actually don't know which one is which one. So probably they all share those names," she easily chuckled. Yes, her dad was a muggle, for him finding these frogs were a bit more difficult but he knew how badly she loved them. But she still acted like she never messed up their names, how would she mess them up when they all looked the same?

And she absolutely wasn't surprised when he was more into the fairy, who wouldn't be? She was adorable. "Of course, she loves attention," Kaia giggled and took Tinkerbell carefully in her hands, and handed to Wes. "Just don't touch her head, she hates it but she loves everyone who feeds her. She is easy to bribe," she chuckled again lightly touching fairy's wings while giving her to the classmate.

Weston kind of thought frogs were a strange present, but Kaia seemed to like them. "Does that not bother you?" he asked, puzzled, when she said she didn't know which one was which. "Like, what if you're talking to Harry, but it's been Mary the whole time?" Did the frogs know? He wasn't sure how intelligent frogs were or whether they would even be able to respond to their names the way a cat or dog would.

He held out his hands, afraid of moving too much and accidentally hurting Tinkerbell or touching her head. She was so small. At the mention of food, Weston gave Kaia a nervous look. "I don't have any food on me. Do you have some I could give her?" It looked like she would finish her berry soon, and he didn't want her to fly away in search of food.

Kaia lightly shrugged her shoulders again. "I mean, why would it? They anyway look the same," she took one of the frogs in her hands. "The third one is Carry, but well... Carry is the only one I kinda can recognize, look, he has this mark on his leg, but he usually hides it. But I think that they don't exactly understand any meaning of the names anyway, they have a short memory," she easily spoke and petted the frog before returning on the ground.

Kaia couldn't help but look softly at how carefully and nervously Weston took her. It was adorable. She loved to see how people interracted with magical creatures this closely for the first time, it was always so pure, especially when he asked for some food for Tinker. "I actually do," she took the food box from her behind, it was Anna's but Kaia always took it when she took out Tinker. It had a few more berries and some leaves in. "It's all for her, but the container has to be closed almost immediately. She's... Uhm, pretty bad behaved, she will try to get into the food box. Oh, and be careful, she's a messy eater," Kaia easily gave out warnings about the fairy. It was something she was pretty aware of and it already saved a lot of her favorite clothes.

Carry. That's what its name was. Weston nodded uncertainly, catching a glimpse of the mark on Carry's leg before it shifted out of view. "Does that mean you can't teach them tricks?" he asked when Kaia mentioned the frogs' short memory. He was still trying to understand why she had decided they were a good pet. Frogs weren't exactly the cuddliest creatures out there.

A fairy, however, made much more sense as a pet. They were smart, so you could teach them tricks. Plus they were magical, which automatically made them pretty cool. Weston smiled when Kaia mentioned that she had food for Tinkerbell, and he carefully shifted the fairy into one hand before using the other to take the box. "Okay, here goes," he swiftly opened the box and pulled out a strawberry before closing it. He placed the berry on his palm, waiting for Tinkerbell to take it. "She doesn't seem that badly behaved." How much could trouble could one fairy get into anyways? The messy eater warning turned out to be true as she bit into the strawberry, spraying juice everywhere and causing him to laugh. "Is that why your friend named her Tinkerbell? Because of her behavior?" He remembered the fairy being quite mean in the movie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back