Blood Status
Muggleborn
Relationship Status
Married
Sexual Orientation
Tybalt
Wand
Curly 11 1/2 Inch Sturdy Poplar Wand with Unicorn Hair Core
It was a Wednesday and the first day in a while that both Rhiannon and Tybalt had off work. it wasn't a common occurrence when they were both off work and neither needing to sleep due to night shifts. but today they had a big job to do. it had been six months since Tybalt had proposed but they had not had chance to plan much of their wedding. so today they had a big day of planning. on the table, there was a variety of pamphlets business cards that they had picked up over the last six months. they were organised into piles for caterers, flowers, venues, and other things. as well as other things, and a bowl of strawberries and grapes for them to eat if they needed them. She poured herself a coffee and took a seat at the table chewing a grape as she shuffled through the pamphlets from florists with notes on them about packages and prices.

Tybalt had the day off, but for once that didn’t mean that he would do things around the house, or visit his nieces and nephews, but instead he had something so important that he needed to plan with his fiancee. It had been sixth months since they had gotten engaged but it had taken a back seat as Rhi had completed her training. It wasn’t something he minded, knowing they’d eventually get married was all he needed. The man walked into the room and spotted Rhi with all of the information, the different leaflets and various other documents that they would be able to use to be able to plan this wedding. He just took her in for a moment, and then grabbed himself a cup too. Pouring a little coffee and sitting down next to her, ”Hey honey,” he said with a warm expression, ”What’s the first thing to decide today?” Ty asked, knowing they had a lot of different things they needed to decide that day.

Rhiannon was reading a pamphlet from a company called thistle do nicely when ty arrived the name of the florist had attracted her attention with the pun. she heard him pause behind her before moving to get a cup she looked up at him as he came beside her. "Hey love" she said as he sat down. "there are a lot of decisions. but I think the first thing to decide is when and then maybe where will at least get us a good start.." she said. they would both need to get the time off work and their guests too. which would require a bit of notice for everyone. and they couldn't really book anything without knowing a date. she was thinking maybe autumn time. somewhere near easter or ANZAC day maybe.

Tybalt leaned in and lightly kissed her cheek as he took his seat. He wasn’t sure when they could have it, they had a number of options and after looking a few of the leaflets thinking about it, he paused, ”What about on the equinox? Like March?” he suggested, it would give them enough time to get things mostly ready, they would probably luck out with the weather in New Zealand or Australia, and it would just be a very magical point in the year to have it. ”If we have it in New Zealand, we can’t guarantee good weather, but it’s a typically more magical day, so might work out well?” he knew it wasn’t likely the most typical day to have it, but he thought it would be a good day nonetheless. It would ensure that decision was done. But that was of course only if Rhi was feeling the same way about it as he was. Perhaps she had a better idea about which day they could have it. He wrapped his hands around his cup and smiled lightly.

Rhiannon smiled as she felt Tybalt kiss her cheek. she let her fingers brush against his arm as he sat down. "hmm, 21st March" she said flipping through the Callender. "that is a Thursday. that would work. three months I can't wait" she said writing WEDDING clearly. she loved Tybalt so much that she would go to wherever she could and marry him tomorrow if that was what he wanted. but she was looking forward to having a proper wedding. If they hadn't agreed to wait until after her final exams before planning they woudl have been married now. but the pamphlets on the table was proof that she had not entirely waited. but had been on the lookout for ideas and inspiration ever since their trip to Iceland. "The weather in March is usually nice, early autumn before it gets too cold and wet. some days are almost summery" she said. it was a good time of the year the cool mornings of autumn but the nice days reminiscent of summer. "For the location, there are a few magical places. There are some cafes restaurants and bars that can be rented out around brightstone and obsidian. or the park. Taylors sky lodge would be interesting but I think that would be a winter location" she said. looking at the location pamphlets. there was something weird about getting married in a bar or a cafe but the best thing about magic was that is could totally transform any location. just thinking about the great hall at school for any of the big events of the year was proof of that.

Having the weekend close enough to the weekend would work out just fine for them, they had enough time to ensure that they got that off, and it was plenty time to plan everything else. They now just had to figure out so many other little details that would help make sure their wedding was perfect. He was beginning to realise how smart people who could hire someone to do all of this hard work for them. Someone who could find the places, do so much of the little work which while not boring was still a big of a drag. There was so much of it. He nodded in agreement at her point about the weather, they would be playing it a little close if they went for an entirely outdoor wedding, but it would probably still be okay. ”Well, we could do the wedding outside and then have the party somewhere close. If we have the wedding near Brightstone, we could then have the reception there too, or get a marque and get one of the local place to cater,” they’d be aiming for a mostly outdoor wedding, which would probably be a little tricky, but it would be helped by their magic, that could help them. He looked to RHi to see what she thought.

Growing up Rhiannon had seen movies about girls who had planned their perfect weddings. who had the time of year place, the dress and everything planned before they even turned ten? Rhiannon was not one of those girls. She was looking forward to the wedding of course, but the best thing was that she had to spend the day with Ty. they could get married in an office. and she would have been happy.
"how would I do this without you" she said. the obvious joke being without him she wouldn't need to. "I like the idea of the ceremony somewhere picturesque and a party somewhere else. if we picked somewhere with a bar or catering facilities then that is one of two things less we have to organise" she said. "but somewhere that can make the location feel special. so maybe not the cauldron" she said. as much as she liked the pub. it was very pubby and she wasn't sure if even magic could make it feel like anything else. she flipped through a few pieces of paper. "Hey, the medley is having a Christmas party in a week, maybe we can suss it out and see if its what we are after. I mean a club is weird. but I reckon it could really be transformed into somewhere quite magical" she said

Tyablt smiled at her little joke and shrugged, ”I think you’d figure it out without me, but it’s definitely better with me right?” he said with a smile. He nodded as she agreed about splitting it up slightly, meaning that people would enjoy the ceremony in one location and then move to a second part for the party. He gave a little nod, at the suggestion, the medley wasn’t perhaps the first place that someone would think of, but he had seen the place be utterly transformed with magic to be so wholly unlike it had been during a regular night. In the period of his life after his father died, Tybalt had gotten pretty acquainted with the medley, perhaps it would be nice to put away of those old negative sorrowful memories and replace them with a much happier one, one he could enjoy with his bride. ”We could make it med school vibe, so like you just go all out, a real party party,” he knew that med students, and his own Healer training days had been filled with ragers and parties, though perhaps not as much as muggle med students, but a party that was in essence like a wild night to remember the youth because the journey ahead was worth everything that had come before it. Being a healer was hard work, and it was difficult training but it was worth it. ”It can still be nice and tasteful, and us, if we like it, I’ll reach out to the owner,” he told her with a little smile.

"without you there would be no party to plan" she said before giving her fiance a light kiss. she has only just about gotten used to thinking of Tybalt as her fiance and soon she would have to get used to the word husband. it was exciting but also rather terrifying.
At the suggestion to give the party a med school vibe Rhiannon shook her head. the med school partys brought back memories for her of a time that was not the best in her life. she had been dating perseas after school and when he had died it had been tough on her med school parties had either been avoided or her trying to forget the loss lets just say med school parties were not her finest moments. Tybalt had been the only person that she had really connected with since then it was a different relationship than she had had with perseas with the two of them being a lot more similar. she had now well and truly moved on but it didn't mean that she wanted to be reminded of that dark time, especially on her wedding day. besides, she wanted something a little more classy than that. "the decorations in the meddly were so nice for the Christmas party. maybe we could see if we could do something like that but autumn not winter." she suggested she reached for a business card for an interior designer who did events. she had seen some of her work at a fundraising event they had attended previously and she had done a beautiful job.

(I have recently made an account who is an interior designer whos main work is corporate placee (like hotels, offices and stores) because that is what pays. but who prefers to do events @Natalie Coltsfoot )

Tybalt laughed lightly, though it seemed that she wasn’t interested in a rager which while he could admit some disappointment about this fact they were moving forward with their lives and leaving that lifestyle even more firmly behind them. Though it was now a far cry from those days from him. He had spent a good many hours in the medley drinking his sorrows away after his dad died. Maybe it was good to enjoy this as a more fancy and class affair. She nodded along as Rhi said they could get some autumnal colours and themes. He looked to the card that she fished out and nodded, ”Sounds like it could be really nice,” he agreed. ”Will autumn be our theme then?” he asked, he thought i would be quite nice, very warm colours and deep colours. It would be homey. He could imagine the food based around autumn would be good hearty food. ”The woman who owns it was able to get fake snow falling, we could have leaves falling,” he agreed. ”Who are we inviting, I’m going to make Stefan my best man,” he said, he knew it meant it would be a impossible to do a no children policy not when both his siblings had children. ”Do we want to keep the guest list broad or maybe just make it more specific?”
Sorry this. is so late, i spaced on this thread.

Rhiannon was not sure if she had said the right thing when she had said she wanted somethign a little more classy than the med school parties. to her they had just been too focused on getting drunk. then again the annual med school ball was always a classy affair. so maybe something like that. but that would also be expensive. when he asked if it was going to be the theme she thought. it had only just come to her as an idea but she couldnt say she disliked it. "What do you think. warm reds oranges and golds like sitting in front of a fire" she said. it would give a very warm cosy feel, she could sit in front of the fireplace in her parents holiday house in the countryside all day with a good book only moving to add a log or get something to eat or drink.
"Yes i couldn't imagine you picking anyone else. maybe his girls would like to be junior bridesmaids" she said mulling the idea in her head. she had not thought who would be her maid of honour or bridesmaids but she knew how important family was tot he both of them and her brother didn't have any children she could ask and his girlfriend wouldn't be able to come due to the statute of secrecy. her family already knew about magic but she didn't, not they had even met each other more than a couple of times. But this would be nice and she knew the aurora and Rosie would be excited at the prospect of dressing up. "maybe keep the ceremony small. just family and close friends like fin and willow. but have the reception bigger, invite the healers. give them a break from work. maybe it will still feel like a med party" she said. thinking that some of them could do with a break from work. sure she didn't want it to be a big booze up especially with children there but she knew that being a healer was just as demanding as med school and the reason that the parties were so big was because it was one chance to let go, and a lot of her co-workers needed an excuse to party a little.

((ooc, i totally forgot that he couldn't see colours but I can see her almost automatically describing colours in feelings by now. and by willow, I mean @Willow Jaye Hydran I already asked teigs if she would be willing to bring her back for the event)

Tybalt nodded, he of course wouldn’t know what those colours were but, he trusted that they would look good. He was sure that she would pick the right colours to blend with everything else. He give a little smile and nodded, ”I’m sure they would love that,” he said in agreement. He thought it would be nice to see the girls in matching dresses, he would ask Stefan so long as she wouldn’t mind it. It was going to be so nice. He couldn’t wait to see it. Junior bridesmaids, ”But they could be our flower girls instead, if you'd rather keep the bridesmaids to actual adults,” he thought they would suit that too, and it would maybe be easier. Would also mean they wouldn’t get bored and would be able to just sit out of the way too. He knew they’d likely manage but they were still young. He listened as she suggested that they have a small ceremony with family and then a bigger reception. Though they could keep it reasonable but it would be good. ”That sounds good,” he said, ”it’ll be nice to have a close knit wedding and then a bigger reception, I love that,” Tybalt smiled at her, ”Okay, so, what else is there to decide or can we start calling places and getting this together. I can’t wait till we’re married. Will you want to take my name? Or would you want to do something else?”

Rhiannon was glad that Tybalt liked the idea of his nieces as bridesmaids. they would look cute she would have to find them a dress. should she dress them the same or go with something like the same colour but slightly different shape. it was sometimes hard to tell with sisters which they would prefer. from her experience, one would want the same and the other different. the real reason that she didn't want adult bridesmaids was that she didn't know who she would ask. she had never been the most social of girls, and she wouldn't be inviting her uni friends. "I will have willow as maid of honour I think that would keep everything properly organised" she said.
as that was another thing agreed upon shewondered how there were so many stories about disaster weddings, bridezillas. and people not agreeing on things. this was easy. they had hardly been working for a couple of hours and had already decided on a date, location, size, theme, bridesmaids and best man, what more was there "I think we are getting to the stage where we can start calling places" she said. his next question she did have an answer to. it was the thing that was almost entirely her decision. "well Mr Archer. I was planning on taking your name. except at work where I will still work as healer McGowan." she said before giving him a quick kiss. "It will save confusing patients thinking they have a new healer. and save confusing everyone else getting us mixed up" she said her mind went to the conversation she had had with fin a week ago about her parents getting mixed up sometimes at their hospital. and even more, confusing when she did a rotation there. she wondered if it would still make as much sense to keep working as McGowan if fin did decide to work at st mungos but she seemed happy working as a nurse in the muggle world. so she could cross that bridge if she ever came to it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back