Lines Are Drawn

Belladonna Metzger

Wand
Coconut Wand 14 1/4" Essence of Star Dust
Belladonna Metzger breathed out softly, amazed by how wonderful it felt to be outside. Autumn was her favorite season, and Belladonna did her best to be outside as much as possible during that season. The crisp air, crunchy leaves, and vivid colors did wonders to her health it would seem. Being at Hogwarts made it even more beautiful. If someone were to take a picture of that wondrous castle among the changing leaves, it would sell millions! Belladonna went out of way to step on any crunchy pine cone or leaf her feet could find, and a content smile remained on the young Gryffindor's face as she did so. Although she had barely been here a month, Belladonna loved it here and never wanted to go. There was so much magic here. Every room had it's own type of magic, and Belladonna wanted to know about all of it. Up ahead, the blonde noticed a dark-haired figure, sitting alone among the leaves. The figure look familiar even from afar, so Belladonna knew she should at least go see who it was. After all, better now than never to try and make friends with everyone that she could.

"Vladimir!" By the time she was less than a few feet away, she was able to match a name to a face. It was the boy she had met at the toy store. The one she had given the yo-yo to. Why on earth was he sitting all by himself out here? Belladonna couldn't even begin to explain how happy she was to see him. They sort of knew one another, so perhaps they could be friends? "You have no idea how happy I am to see you! Isn't this place the coolest?" Belladonna's boots and the leaves below worked together to signal that she was approaching him thanks to the loud crunch crunch they made with every step she took. Finally she was next to him, her blue eyes full of life and happiness. Did he remember the gift she had bought him? Had he tried to use it yet? Belladonna waited to see if he would greet her or if she would have to remind him how to greet people properly.

Vladimir Zhefarovich was unsure of why he was bothering with coming outside but the cool weather made it worthwhile. The weather was cool and chilly, and he did not need to change his clothing at all. It was his Slytherin robes as per usual. He walked over to the tree and leaned up against it. Ever since coming here, he had yet to see Belladonna. He did not see her at sorting, but he did hear that she was attending the school. However his mind did not dwell on it. He was supposed to be meeting Blaine here soon, but he had no idea where he would be at right now. Vladimir folded his arms across his chest and sighed. There were so many people here that he already disliked and he wanted to just set them on fire and watch them burn. That could not be too bad right? Vladimir looked down at his hands before he leaned off of the tree and sat down. He thought that he could hear someone coming his way. He thought that it would have been Blaine, but instead he heard a familiar voice saying his name. And the voice was a female's.

Vladimir turned his head and he saw Belladonna heading his way, and she was not that far from him, but a few feet. He had met her at the toy store and she had placed a strong memory on him since she was the first person he had met since leaving training for an education. She said that he had no idea how happy she was to see him, and how this place was the coolest. He stood up from his place on the ground and he faced her. He could tell that she was sorted in Gryffindor. He thought that he recognized that face at the Gryffindor table. "You are actually happy to see me? I've never thought to hear those words in a sentence like that." He did not say much about the place just yet. He sighed and he shrugged those shoulders, "The place is okay. I've seen and lived in much better." He was unimpressed, but that was not strange to those that knew him and about him.

Pandora Matthias quickly ran a few fingers through her straightened blonde hair as she headed outside. There was really nothing to do inside, so she figured a good walk would help her clear her head for a little bit. When Pandora had too much going on in her mind at the same time, she had a tendency to get mad. The blonde crossed the lawn, with no destination in particular in mind. But when she saw familiar face some distance away, she paused for a moment. When did Vladimir go outside? He didn't seem like the outdoorsy type of guy, but Pandora could have been wrong too. What was even more interesting though was who he happened to be talking to. "Who does that Half-breed think she is?" Through the grapevine and through the girl's last name, Pandora was able to figure out that the girl was indeed dirty little half-breed. No wonder she had such a pretty face. Naturally though, Pandora hated her for it. She would love nothing more than to scratch those freaking blue eyes out. Her filthy blood made it even more disgusting that she was graced with such looks. Was she trying to seduce Vladimir? Pandora figured she had better go save the poor guy.

"I didn't know you associated with half-breeds Vladimir." Pandora hissed as she approached her brother's friend. Her eyes narrowed the moment they rested on Belladonna. Perhaps Vladimir didn't even know that she was Part-Veela, and if that was the case, then the problem should be resolved quite quickly. "What are you looking at you filthy half-breed. Do us a favor and go find a couple of worms to swallow. Gosh Vladimir, you're lucky I came when I did. Careful, she might to trap you under her charm if you get to close." Pandora smirked as she noticed the redness creeping up onto the girls face. At first she looked confused, but now she just looked livid, and that's what Pandora wanted. Though if the girl kept looking at her like that, Pandora might just be tempted to tempted to slap that look right off of her face. After all, birds didn't really have feelings did they? Pandora stared down at Vladimir, awaiting to see what he would do now that he found out that his little companion was dirtier than the dirt they were standing on. That girl was the type of person his family often killed for fun, surely he shared some of their beliefs.

Blaine Matthias quickly followed after his sister, since they were never together anymore, it only seemed fair to be around her. She probably did not even know that her older twin brother was behind her, but she was going outside, which seemed to be odd for her. The amber eyed boy walked across the lawn and he paused when he saw a familiar head of black hair. It was Vladimir, and he was with some Gryffindor girl. He raised an eyebrow, and wondered if she was being manipulated or if Vladimir actually thought that she was a friend. Who was she? Blaine did not hear through the grapevine on who she was, and it seemed like his sister seemed to know who she was. Blaine watched as his sister chased off toward the two, and Blaine followed behind, and he stopped short when they arrived in front of the Slytherin boy and the Gryffindor girl. Blaine tried to place a name on her but could not seem to. She had this pretty face, and Blaine could see why Vladimir looked as though he were interested. Blaine was about to introduce himself but then what his sister said made him freeze.

"She is a what?!" Blaine looked over at his sister, and saw that there was nothing he could do with Vladimir but wonder if he even knew. From the looks of her, she was part-Veela. That meant that she was very beautiful, but part bird too. Blaine looked over at his sister and he heard her talk about her finding a few worms to swallow, and then warned Vladimir. "Sis, tone it down a bit. She might turn into some vicious thing and throw fire at us. We would not want to be roasted like chickens." Blaine seemed to be civil with what he was saying, but he was hiding what he was feeling for the most part. He could not believe Vladimir though. How could he not know about things like this? Blaine did hear that his family did have a few Part-Veelas in there, but they were still hateful toward them. Blaine wondered how Vladimir would react toward this all.

Vladimir turned to look at the figures that were fast approaching. None other than Pandora Matthias with her twin brother not far behind. He did not really know what they were going to do now, but did not really care either. He was here with Belladonna, so why would they give a crap about who he was hanging around with? He never hung around someone that he did not think was worthy. Sure, he was not outside that often, but that was no reason to jump on him for anything like that. However what Pandora said made him look back at Belladonna as if she had grown another head. He wondered what Pandora was talking about. "What half-breed are you talking about, Pandora? I do not associate myself with anything less than human or pure-blood if at all possible." Vladimir narrowed his eyes at Pandora and wondered what game she was playing at. Could it be that she was talking about Belladonna? Well, Metzger sure was not a pure-blood name. He had not recognized it, but he struggled to think. There was a Part-Veela Quidditch player that had the same name, and he did have a daughter...

Vladimir then turned his eyes to Belladonna and now knew the truth. Belladonna was a filthy half-breed, and then Pandora said that she might trap him under her charm. Could that have been what this was all along? Vladimir took a step back from her, and closer to Pandora and Blaine. Blaine did not seem like he was being that vicious at all. However the expression on his face twisted into hatred and anger. He had to be angry after this all. He hissed, "Filthy bird, what the hell type of game you are playing at? Do the entire world a favor and just go get shot." Vladimir narrowed his onyx eyes at her and he could not be more grateful for Pandora to come along and save him from the charm. Without that, who knew how far this could have gotten. Vladimir now knew his revenge. He would claim her as his own personal victim. The only one that could bully her was him. He would see to that. It was what he could do, as payback. Something within him told him that he needed to single her out somehow. He looked toward Pandora and muttered the one word that one would have never seen Vladimir utter. Thanks.

Belladonna stared the new arrival wearily. What was a half-breed? Wasn't that something they usually called an animal that wasn't a purebred? Was she making fun of Belladonna because she wasn't a pure blood? "Half-breed? What do you mean?" Belladonna thought she knew what it was, but she wanted to be sure. Half-breed was never a term she heard used for another human being. It didn't sound right. It sounded mean, and almost like they were dehumanizing her. Belladonna glanced at Vladimir, practically pleading for him to stop this girl. Another boy showed up not long after the girl did, and his words were just as harsh. Belladonna wasn't a vicious creature, and she couldn't throw fire at people either! "Why are you all being so mean to me? I've done nothing to you guys!" Belladonna bit her lip as she tried to figure out why she was being treated like this when she's done nothing to either of these two. They were trying to turn Vladimir against her. Then finally, Vladimir turned on her as well. It wasn't until the mention of him being charmed by Belladonna to talk to her that he got upset. Belladonna had no idea how even charm someone to begin with, so how on earth would she have done that to Vladimir?

"Vladimir, I seriously have no idea what they're talking about! I...I don't know how to charm someone! I son't even know what you guys are talking about? I'm not a bird!" Belladonna knew little to nothing about her Part-Veela heritage, so she was genuinely confused when it came to what they were saying. Suddenly, Belladonna felt a hard force on her shoulders, and with a squeak she fell back, her bottom landing flat on the ground below. One of them had just shoved her down, but why? Did they not believe her? Belladonna stared up, her blue searching for the one that had pushed her and noticed that the girl was in front of the guys. It must have been her, and she had such anger in her eyes right now. Belladonna sighed and pushed herself up, tears were welling up into her eyes and instantly she brought her hand up to brush them aside, forgetting about the fact that they were covered in dirt right now. Belladonna refused to let these jerks see her cry. Whatever their problem was, they needed to get over it. It wasn't something Belladonna could even control, and she wasn't hurting anyone with it either. So why cause her grief over it?

Pandora rolled her eyes before she turned to look at Blaine and Vladimir. Were they getting the same reaction she was from hearing Belladonna? How on earth could she not know what a half-breed was? "Are you really that uneducated? It's a word we use for inferior people like you. Part-Goblins, Part-Giants, Part-Veela's. You people aren't even real humans." The girl finally seemed to get it. That her blood made her different and that it also made her some disgusting beast that wasn't worth Vladimir's time. Pandora brushed some of her hair aside and stared down at the girl. What drove Pandora's anger in the first place was the fact that she was actually intimidated by the way Belladonna looked. The girl might have been a half-breed, but she wasn't horribly ugly looking either, and it bothered Pandora. Pandora didn't like feeling like someone was better than she was at something than she was. On top of that, Pandora didn't like seeing her friends hanging out with people she didn't like either. Vladimir had to be charmed by that girl, why else would he hang around her when he knew what they were fully capable of. The whole lot of them were nothing but harlots.

Pandora wasn't sure what overcame her, but he moment Belladonna tried to explain to Vladimir that she didn't try to charm him because she didn't know how, Pandora went forward and shoved Belladonna as hard as she could. As soon as Belladonna fell down, Pandora started up again. "Don't even! Charming poor men into doing whatever you want them to do is your specialty. You and your race are nothing but a bunch of dirty home-wreckers. There are people out there that would love to kill you for what you are. Remember that." Pandora felt even more proud when she noticed that the girl looked as if she wanted to cry. That meant what was being said was getting to her and tearing her down. Hopefully Blaine and Vladimir would be more vocal to beat it further into Belladonna's head. It was the truth too. There were people out there that would love to hurt someone like her, and Vladimir's family in particular was one that was known for disliking Part-Veela's. From what Pandora had heard, only a few were luck enough to have made it in there and still be alive in the end. Did Belladonna really think that they could be friends? What a joke!

The reaction from Belladonna was hilarious, but it was a shame that she was a half-breed. She was pretty too, if he had a thing for blondes. He looked her over a few times without Vladimir and Pandora seeing it. His amber eyes wondered, taking in every aspect before shaking it off. Part-Veelas were bad. But they were just so hot. "Basically, you aren't worth much. Sorry. You aren't human. Well, completely." Blaine shrugged his shoulders and thought about leaving right now. This was getting a little too harsh. His sister somehow made things less fun. It was still a little weird that she was here to begin with. Maybe she had a crush on Vladimir and was wanting him all to herself? Blaine almost snorted at that. He could not believe he even considered that! It would be the worst couple ever. Plus they would probably end up killing each other. Then again, Vladimir was scarier in some aspects. And Pandora was a girl. Blaine looked down at the ground and he fell into silence, wondering if this should be fun, or if they should just lay off of her. She was starting to cry. Sometimes it was fun, but this time...

Pandora shoved Belladonna right into the ground, and Blaine took a step back. What if she did not have any control over her charms? What if she was not that much Veela as some others were? While some families would love to slice open Belladonna, Blaine just did not get the sense of this being fun. It had to be Pandora ruining it, like some buzz kill. "This is getting boring, I'm leaving." Blaine shrugged his shoulders and he looked to Vladimir, "Hit me up if you wanna talk and all. Sis, don't get into too much trouble. That's my job." Blaine looked over from each of them, and wondered if there was something more to this than he was reading. Yawning, he turned on his heel and he walked back toward the castle to go study or something. One Ravenclaw could only stand so much harshness in a day. He needed to build up more of a tolerance. Well, that would happen here soon. The more he hung around Vladimir. But for now, he needed to get out of there because it was just bringing him down. Blaine sighed and he hoped that Vladimir would keep an eye on his sister.

Belladonna didn't even know what a half-breed was, and then Pandora explained it well. He added in for good measure, "Might as well include mudbloods, which are people from muggle families. They are all superior in one aspect, and that is dying." Vladimir was quoting his grandfather, and he thought that it was true. He learned many things by him, and was bound to learn more. Belladonna's eyes pleaded with him to stop the girl, but he did not. And then she even asked why they were all being mean to her, and how she had done nothing to them. She was a half-breed, thus she existed. That was all that there was. He did not really know what issue that Pandora had with Belladonna, but he did not really care either. She was not his concern. But he could not help but wonder, why was she even here? And then he felt somewhat protective of Belladonna. Having someone else pick on her did not please him. No, he wanted her to himself. No one was allowed to make her sob except him. He looked over to Pandora and then back to Blaine. Blaine did not seem like he was having fun at all.

The moment that Belladonna admitted that she had no idea what they were talking about, and how she did not know how to charm someone, he raised an eyebrow. "Part-Veelas are birds, idiot. Now that I know the truth about you, I doubt anything that is coming out of your mouth right now is true." And then Pandora shoved Belladonna right into the ground. Vladimir's expression changed from his normal, cold yet mean demeanor to something a bit scarier. He was angry. Very angry. Vladimir watched as Blaine left, and Vladimir took this moment to step in front of Pandora, almost blocking her view of Belladonna with his form. He used his left arm to shove Pandora back, but holding back on his full force since he knew that he was strong, he did not want to do her harm. She was his best friend's sister. Just enough to make the message clear. He looked toward the blonde sister of his best friend and he hissed, "Go find your own half-breed to pick on. She's mine. After all, I was the one that was fooled and perhaps charmed. Once I had my fill, then you can have your go. For now, you can go. Your services are no longer requires, Matthias." Vladimir thought of this as competition. If anyone was going to make Belladonna's life a living hell, it would be done solely by him. He rarely had partners, but Blaine was suitable for some victims. But for Belladonna? She was a special case. She needed to be taught a lesson, personally by Vladimir himself.

Pandora wasn't surprised when her brother left. Although he could be equally as mean as she could, he was more prone to having fun rather than doing something just to be cruel about it. Once it stopped being fun for Blaine, he usually stopped caring. "Whatever. See you later." He was losing out. Pandora was about to go towards Belladonna again, that way she could further drill it into her head that she was nothing but a worthless half-breed that needed to get lost before she was more than just shoved. But then Vladimir stepped in front of her, blocking her view of the Gryffindor girl she had chosen as her victim of the day. What in the world was he doing? "Vladimir what are yo-" Pandora was unable to finish her sentence though, as she suddenly found herself being shoved harshly to the ground. Pandora wasn't hurt but the fact that Vladimir had shoved someone that was on his own side was quite surprising. Why was he protecting the stupid half breed. After he explained his reasoning, Pandora wrinkled her nose with displeasure. Just who did he think he was? Pandora didn't like his attitude, and that much was for certain. Pandora quickly got back up, ready to give Vladimir a piece of her mind.

"You're not supposed to push your friends, you stupid idiot!" Pandora shoved him back, knowing that it would probably do nothing to have her push him, but she still felt like it would make an impression on how pissed off she was. Next she was about to tell him off for trying to dictate who she could and couldn't bully. Her arms crossed over her chest as she stared her brother's best friend down. "Excuse me, you can't tell me who I can and can't bully. Plus, you're not allowed to call dibs." So what if he was deceived by Belladonna, he should want her to be as miserable as possible and Pandora could help with that if he would just let her. Pandora didn't think she could accept not being able to not bully her. Pandora turned her head to the side to glance at Belladonna and sighed. "Where'd she go?" The blonde was nowhere to be seen, and Pandora didn't hear a single thing because she was too busy fighting with Vladimir to pay attention to her and whatever it was she was doing over there.

Belladonna wasn't sure why Vladimir had stopped Pandora from picking on her anymore. The Ravenclaw boy had left some time ago, clearly bored with the entire situation. Belladonna was sure that Vladimir would have been more than eager to let his friends go at her. Instead he got in between her and Pandora, and then shoved the other girl down. That scared a Belladonna a little bit. If he would do that to one of his friends, then what would he be willing to do to her if he got the chance. Belladonna narrowed her eyes at the boy when he stated that she was his to pick on. Belladonna opened her mouth to explain that she didn't belong to anyone, whether it be through bullying methods or not, that she belonged to no one. But her words fell on deaf ears as Vladimir and Pandora began to argue with one another. Belladonna would also love to point out that she didn't charm him. Not only was she eleven years old, but she was also living in a house full of males. Belladonna was too young, and not to mention very inexperienced when it came to the sort of stuff that Part-Veela's were capable of. So how could she have charmed him?

"Hey-" Still no one paid attention to her. Belladonna huffed. She hated that she was being ignored. Belladonna was about to begin shouting, but then a thought occurred to her. They were so busy arguing with one another that they didn't even seem to notice that she was there. If she could just be quiet about it, then she might be able to get away without them noticing. Slowly and quietly as she could, Belladonna got up onto her feet and began to back away. Once she had taken a few steps without neither of them snapping at her, Belladonna dashed off towards the castle, and hopefully she could make it to the Gryffindor Common Room before either one of the was able to stop her.

Vladimir looked over at Pandora, temporarily forgetting that Belladonna was present at the time. Pandora jumped back up and then shoved him back, even though it barely made an impact. It was still enough to bring his attention to her fully. She said that he was not supposed to push his friends, and then insulted him. "Wow, you claim to be my friend, and then insult me? Doesn't sound too friendly to me. Doesn't matter, you aren't exactly my friend as much as you are my best friend's sister. Therefore, I'll do as I please." Vladimir shrugged it off as he dusted the dirt off of his shoulder. He looked over at Pandora as she said that he could not tell her who she can and cannot bully. Then not allowed to call dibs. He raised an eyebrow and said, "If she did something to you, then by all means. Simply bullying her because she exists is kind of stupid, so feel free to be jealous over her existence. If I see you bullying her, we will have a problem. Otherwise, do you have a reason to bully her? No? I didn't think so." Vladimir looked over at the same time that Pandora did, to find that the bird was gone. "Now look what you did." Vladimir scoffed before he turned on his heel and left Pandora alone to go back into the castle, mostly to think over what happened today.

Fin

Users who are viewing this thread

Back