Lily's Discovery

Joshua Hanson

It had been a rather uneventful holiday so far. Lily and Blake were rather self-sufficient, thankfully, and they kept themselves rather busy. Lily had an affection for being down on the beach and Blake spent most of his time wherever she was at. With the kids out of the house, Josh decided that he needed to take a shower. The one in the main bathroom was the best, the one in his bedroom being only a small stall-type shower that really didn't have that great of power. He headed to the main shower, and closed the bathroom door behind him. He undressed and jumped into the hot steamy shower, feeling the warmth relax every muscle in his body.

Lily came into the apartment to grab a drink from the fridge. She found the can of soda that she was looking for and turned to head back down to the beach. She decided that she and Blake needed some snacks, and she wanted her book from her room. Soon she had found the bag of chips and headed back to her room for her novel that she was reading. It was an older book, one that her mom used to read too. Something about vampires that sparkled and lived in Washington.

Finally finding the book she wanted, she headed out of the bedroom door into the hallway.

Josh finished his shower, and stepped out onto the rug. Drying off, and knowing the apartment was empty, he simply wrapped the towel around his waist. If the kids were home, he would have taken a more modest stance about things, putting his dirty clothes back on for instance, but he took advantage of the empty apartment to walk down the hall in just a towel. He opened the door, not really paying attention to where he was going, but balancing his clothing in his right arm and raising the left one to turn off the lights in the bathroom behind him.

As Lily entered the hallway and shut the room door behind her, she turned and dropped what she had in her hands. She had not been expecting to see Josh there exiting the bathroom. "I, um, I'm sorry. You startled me. I did not know you were home." Lily flushed a deep red in her cheeks, realizing that he was in nothing more than a towel and was fresh from the shower. She dropped down and started to pick up what she had dropped.

Josh chuckled, knowing that she was extremely embarrassed by his lack of clothing. He didn't really think that she would have any long term damage from it, but he glanced down to make sure his towel was closed properly. Satisfied that she would not see anything she shouldn't, he bent over to pick up her book. He stood and handed it to her with his left hand. "Not a problem. I apologize. I did not realize you and Blake were back from the beach already otherwise I would have used my own shower."

Lily stood slowly, taking the book from Josh's extended hand. Doing so, she noticed what looked to be a tattoo on his inner arm. She tried not to react to it as she took her book from his hands. "Thanks. We just got back from our walk and are going to spend some time in the sun outside in the sand. I just ran in to get us a drink and snacks. And my book. I want to get back to New Zealand all nice and tan." She forced out a smile and rebalanced the items in her hands. She tried not to stare, but looked a bit a the image on his arm. It looked like the one that Estrella drew out for her in the dorm before they left. Merlin's beard, he really is a Death Eater. Wow. I didn't really believe it until now. She hoped that her voice would come out less shaky than it felt like it would. "Okay, well, I am going to get out there before Blake starts to worry about me," she tried to make it sound like she was joking around, but figured that if he was a marked man, then there was no question of what he was capable of. She turned and headed out to the beach again where Blake was waiting for her.

Josh chuckled. "Yeah, well that is a good goal there. I may come down and join you two later on. Got some calls to make first. Have fun!" he called after her as she headed out. He then looked down, and realized that his Mark was in full view. "Crap," he said, realizing that Lily must have seen it, but maybe she didn't pay any attention. He was going to have to let Tristan know, and hope that he would have a good cover for him to use. Maybe something that he had told Estrella. Josh was still in shock over the fact that Lily and Estrella were roommates. He had found that tidbit out a few days ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back