Lily's Detention

Pez thought about it "I guess I could do that. Of course some would be more willing then others." She said thinking about some of the professors.

Blake could not conceal his wide smile as he saw Lily blush. But the mention of Headmistress Barker's kidnap managed to wipe it away just as easily as it had come. "I still can't believe that the kidnapper actually managed to kidnap Headmistress Barker. I hope she's okay..."

Lily spoke, stopping as she realized what she was about to say. "I know. I cannot believe the Death Eaters pulled this off. I just hope that J-, I mean Headmistress Barker is okay." She was about to say that she hoped Blake's dad was not involved, but was not sure if he knew about Josh being a Death Eater. She needed to talk to him about that soon. "So, Pez, are you going to be trying out for Quidditch again?" She hoped that she was able to change the topic quickly enough to not raise any suspicion in Blake. She took a step closer to him and placed her hand on his arm. "Blake is the captain for the Slytherin team now."

Pez decided not to comment on the part about the death eaters, but she was still shocked to find out the headmistress had been kidnaped. "Wow, I really hope they find her." She said then catching Lily's drift to change the subject she went along with her. "Wow, captain, I may just have to try out then." She said teasing.

"You should. Quidditch is lots of fun to play. I hope next year my house will have more players interested. I am captain for Ravenclaw and we have barely enough players to field a team. I was hoping for a bit of a friendly rivalry between us," Lily replied as she elbowed Blake gently in the ribs. "But then again it wouldn't go over too well in the Brotherhood if Blake looses to his girlfriend's team." She stuck her tongue out at Blake playfully, smiling brightly, before beginning to giggle.

Blake's jaw dropped at Lily's slip. Ever since the day of the kidnapping, Blake had been worried that his biological father Josh was involved. Of course he had no real evidence to conclude that Josh was indeed a Death Eater, but he could not help but suspect anyway. And now he was standing here wondering whether he was the only one who suspected this.
Wait, what if that's not what she meant? Blake thought, desperate to try to maintain some form of composure. After a moment of self debating, he finally came to a conclusion that either way, he needed to tell someone, and who better to be that someone than Lily?
"Hey Lily," Blake interrupted, "I need to talk to you about something after... maybe when you're done with detention?"

Lily noticed that Blake looked a bit disturbed since her slip. Dammit. I should never have said anything about the kidnapping. I still need to talk to him about what Estrella and I found out. she thought, hoping her face was not betraying her thoughts.

"Sure. I am done here I believe. I think I got them all. Want to take a walk and we can talk? I have something I should discuss with you too." She hurried to put away the cleaning supplies, and then took Blake's hand. "It's been great to see you again Pez. Welcome back to school. Maybe this time we can get to know each other a bit better." She smiled at the girl, then turned to Blake. "Where do you want to go?"

"Yeah, great seeing you again. Bye Pez," Blake added after Lily. Turning back to answer Lily's question, he replied, "The lakefront, we haven't been there in a while..." Trying to keep his expression straight, Blake then took Lily's hand and led her out of the Trophy room, waving at Pez as they went.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back