Like We're Die Young

Faxen Lowart-Kozlova

OOC First Name
Kait
Sexual Orientation
Dymetris ❤
Wand
Oak 14 3/4" Essence of Raven Feather
"Um...This song is about moving on and growing up. It's not always easy, and sometimes we have to learn to let go even if what we had was beautiful." Faxen Lowart said into the microphone. She couldn't see many faces in the audience, but she knew that there was a manager in the crowd that was supposed to be deciding whether or not to chose her as the opening act for a tour across the country. She had dressed up, more than she would have if this was her typical bar gig. It made her nervous to know that there was a person in the audience judging her abilities and deciding her fate. She sat on the stool at the front of the stage with her guitar in her hands. She nodded her head to the band as a signal to begin. Faxen joined in with her guitar. It was a song, loosely based on the ending of her relationship with Dymetris. "In dreams I meet you in warm conversation" It had been five months since the end. She was doing better, much better than she had been. The music helped with that as writing helped to mend her broken heart. Not that the time she spent with Jeremy didn't help. He helped her more than he knew. The time the brunette spent with the healer was knitting the pieces of her heart back together. "'Cause we had a beautiful magic love affair...What a sad beautiful tragic love affair" she sang out just as the music came to an end.

Faxen was almost finished with her set. There would be another artist coming on after as she had been asked to open for much more accomplished artist. It was an honor really to have been chosen at all. "Okay, this is my last song for tonight. I hope you all have enjoyed it as much as I have." she said with a stunning smile at the crowd. Faxen put her guitar down as this was a song that she would only be singing in. She took the microphone out of the stand and turned around. This song was more upbeat than the previous song which was how she liked to leave off her show. "I hear your heart beat to the beat of the drums..Oh what a shame that you came here with someone" she started off the song. She strutted around the stage, dancing for the audience and really getting into the song. It was exhilarating and exciting to put on a show. "Looking for some trouble tonight..Take my hand, I'll show you the wild, side" she said with a wink to a guy in the first row. This song was one that she liked to be particularly flirty with, and she did it well. She didn't win biggest flirt for nothing. Faxen loved to perform; she really became something with the spotlight focused on her. She thrust her fist holding the microphone into the air as the song ended. "Thank you! Thank you all so much!" Faxen said, grinning as she waved her goodbyes to the crowd before exiting the stage.

This venue was not exactly a bar, but more of a club that was often used as a concert venue. The brunette went back stage, smiling as people congratulated her. The manager stopped her, handing her his card. He told her he thought she did wonderfully and wanted to speak further with her about the possibility of opening for the tour. They made an appointment for Tuesday at one pm. Faxen could hardly believe it! She was stunned! She thanked the man before leaving the backstage area to join the crowd. The stunning brunette went to the bar, ordering a vodka martini to celebrate her success. She couldn't wait to tell Jeremy and Enzo!

Tonight was one of Alyces nights at work. she wasn't particularly happy. they had made her come in early to set the place up for some live music. that was playing tonight. With live music came a different group of people than the normal night. people complaining about the line then ordering more fancy things that took twice as long as other drinks to make. her favourite nights were karaoke wednesdays. some of the singers were poor to say the least but the atmosphere was different. if it was quiet the bar staff would dare each other to do this song or that. which was fun. Alyce was not a good singer not to say the least but she was shameless. when would ake a shot of whatever was nearest to hand run her hair through her hair so it was all standing up spiky and then murder whatever song they wanted her to do. and by murder she didn't mean it in a good way.
Live music thursdays had a good atmosphere too, but it was busier. tonight the opening act had finished when a man put in an order for a beer and a "Margarita for the chick who was on" before handing her a slip of paper. he was a regular though alyce tried to not have to serve him he always creeped her out. unfortunately tonight everyone else was busy, it would die down again once the next set started, everyone came for drinks in the break. he leered at her as she poured his drink and made the cocktail. just as she was about to take the singer her drink another order came in for her. she made that too before heading back stage the two drinks on a tray.
the door to the lady's room was slightly ajar. so she knocked before waiting a moment until she entered just in case. "here's your vodka martini, and this is from the guy in the red shirt" she said. placing the drinks on the table. along with the note from the man. with his name and number on "personally I wouldn't call him. he is a bit of a sleaze" she said to give the girl fair warning. she seemed nice and certainly was pretty hot.

Faxen turned her head at the sound of a knock on her ajar door. Her caramel eyes met the eyes of another girl, a bartender by the looks of it. The brunette girl smiled in a greeting. "Come on in." she said, motioning the girl in. She was carrying two drinks even though Faxen had only ordered the one vodka martini. The other one seemed to be a margarita which was not Faxen's first choice in a drink, but she would drink it. The lady placed both drinks in front of her and explained where the unexpected one came from. Faxen grinned and shook her head at the girl's comments. "Yeah, I have no interest in that whatsoever." she said, picking up the folded piece of paper. She tossed it in the waste basket as there was absolutely no way she would be calling it. The brunette girl was starting to get over Dymetris, but she still wasn't in a place to have serious relationship. Not that she thought she would find that in some creep at a show. The most Faxen could handle right now was whatever it was that was going on with her and Jeremy.

"Thanks though, for the head's up I mean." Faxen said with another smile. She picked up the martini and took a rather large sip. She felt like she should tip the girl for bringing the drinks, but she didn't have any money on her. "I'm Faxen, by the way." she said, extending her hand. The brunette girl was not some stuck up superstar who thought she was better than everyone. She was a shopkeeper who aspired to be a singer, but overall she was just a normal person. Faxen didn't pretend to be anything else. "Did you enjoy the show?" she asked, curious to hear what people thought of her and her music.

Alyce was glad that the singer was smart enough to not call he guy, she had seen a couple of people do so over her time here, and the outcome wasn't nice. she herself had almost when she had first started thought about flirting back but she had been advised by a colleague not to. she was glad she had listened and now tried to advise whoever she could the same thing. she was glad when the girl said that she wasn't interested at all she was curious as to why not. "It's good to hear some pretty girls have their head screwed on right." she said a chuckle playing lightly through her words. Maybe the girl was more like her than she had thought if she really wasn't interested in the guy. "Well Faxen. I'm Alyce. I'm who will bar staff for backstage tonight" she said smiling and shaking Faxens hand. she seemed own to earth, some of the performers acted like they were such devas, complaining about the drinks or the dressing room or whatever. like they were huge stars even though she hadn't heard of them before, and they certainly wren't the only person she was making drinks for.
when she was asked what she thought of the show she smiled. it was sometimes hard to pay attention to it all, it was more the atmosphere that you picked up on behind the bar. a good show meant the bar was quiet, a poor show and it was busy in general though it didn't always work like that. "I think you were good. you nailed the last song and the one before that had shivers running up my spine" she said it had sounded like it had a really deep meaning to her though alyce was unsure what that meaning was.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back