Like sand through an hourglass...

Anastasia Katsaros

Wand
Poplar/Cryprus wand 13 1/2" essence of Boomslang Venom
Anastasia strolled about the empty streets and alleyways of Wellington, New Zealand on a hunt. For what she didn't particularly know yet, but she knew she'd figure it out. It was well past midnight and most women wouldn't dare wander the streets alone at this time of night unless they were stupid or... working so to speak. But Anastasia had no fear, she was more than capable of defending herself from an attacked, muggle or wizard. Besides this was a muggle part of the city anyways. If any rapist or thief came across her tonight she would make sure it was their last. Her heels made a soft clicking rhythm against the sidewalk as she turned out of the alleyway where her shop was contained out onto a main street. Back in that particular alley she was a bit offput, considering most of the people back there were just like if not worse than her. They would actually cause a struggle on her part and she wasn't in the mood tonight for anything of that sort. Ripping her hair out of it's loose bun she let it fall down her back in a waterfall of curls as she continued on her unknown path.

Hades just dropped off his brother at his old home, and vaguely wished he had a reason to terrorize Estrella, but then again, she was of no interest to him. Instead, Hades needed someone to spice up his evening. He roamed in the shadows of Wellington, New Zealand, jumping from rooftop to the next, with the aid of magic half of the time. The muscles in his legs were just begging for more, and Hades needed some action. He was thirsty for something, and he needed to quench it. Nothing came to mind to what he was thirsty for. Hades knew that by dawn, he needed to vanish for a while. He would not return to New Zealand until Hollace was going to give birth to his children, and he would sweep them away, and leave her to dwell in her own misery. He would give her conditions to see the children, but if she were to return to his home, there would be no one there. The Death Eater had wisely relocated to another part of Russia, rather close to the ice glaciers with harsher weather than where he lived before.

While Vritra and Hades II was sleeping, Hades had come here to roam about. Soon, he would start their raising and get them into the marvelous darkness that he worshiped and commanded. Hades smirked evilly as he continued his journey, stopping and staring down at the sidewalk. It was then when his stormy eyes saw a woman. She seemed to be the type who thought that no one would dare cross their path. His crow flew about, flapping its wings and it gave out an eerie shriek. Hades allowed the pet to land on his shoulder, and he murmured, “Go on, I need not of your services for this one.” The crow flew off once more with a few mighty flap of its wings. Hades’ white lips curled into a smirk, and he apparated from the rooftop and into the shadows close to the walking woman. He stepped into the light, behind her, and he purred into the night, “A wise woman would at least have a guard or a weapon upon her to walk these streets at night.” Hades wondered if this woman would try to attack him. He almost wished she would, just so he could predict what type of person she was. Yet, if he saw her face, he would vaguely recognize her as a Death Eater like himself.

The silence of the night and all the dangers it could hold were soon interrupted by a few small but noticeable noises. The sound of feet hitting something lightly, the rustling of the wind that had started to pick up, and most noticeably the shriek of a mighty crow that split through the silence like the cracking of a whip, but instead of looking around trying to locate the disturbance Anastasia simply slid her hands into the small dresses two hidden pockets, just large enough to hold a wand and a hand in each. She had sewn them in herself for occasions such as this when she felt unsettled. Of course she had better control over her own wand which was nestled into the right pocket but she could make due with one of her trophies stashed in the other one if need be. The breeze in the slightly cool spring air sent a small shiver to the woman much more used to the Mediterranean climate of Athens even after years of living here in Wellington. She shivered again as a strong burst of wind blew her hair all askew, revealing one of her multiple tattoos. But ignoring the odd feeling of something behind her she walked on.

She was about to give up in Wellington and apparate into another city or something of that sort for the night when she felt a strong presence behind her, instinctively she got a grip on one of her wands but remained cool as the wind slowly settled down leaving the air still once more as a voice made it's presence known from not much further than a foot or so away from her, if even that. Anastasia knew who it was lurking these streets with her on that cool November night in an instant. No one elses voice had quite that chilling quality to it, and she had hung around several creepy people. It was honestly a gift she envied. "Well Hades, a really wise woman should know how to hold her own before going out on a night like this." she said before turning around to face him, looking the same as he always did though the night sky was certainly a very fitting backdrop for the man.

Hades could not resist the hiss of relief that rolled from his tongue, yet it was hinted with disappointment as he was not going to receive a fight tonight. His onyx eyes mixed with darkness of the night that only a being like himself held. The woman before him was another Death Eater. Give or take, a year or so younger. A pale smirk curled upon his lips and he murmured into the night, "Ah, Anastasia Katsaros, a woman such as yourself would easily be able to hold your ground against someone who were a threat to yourself." Hades bowed his head in respect lightly, but he was surely not going to kneel down to her as he would to an elder Death Eater who had been around since the beginning. This woman, Hades admitted, had attraction to her, and the darkness within him attracted him to other beings with evil coursing through their veins. It was delicious how Hades could snatch up someone and mold them into what he wanted them to be.

However, he would not do this to a fellow Death Eater, especially one that bore the mark whereas he did not. Well, he would not have the mark just yet, but he would. Hades was the type of person that most would think that his blood ran black as he was that type of person. His contrasting white skin shone under the light given, but it was his eyes and his hair that caused him to look as frightening as he could. But right now, it was hard to look frightening when one was smirking like he currently was. "I was hoping for a fight, but I suppose I will be satisfied with dark company before I depart from New Zealand for a long while," intoned the man with slyness leaking into his voice, as well as the Zhefarovich iciness. However, he realized that he wanted....what he wanted was children. A tiny, yet not serious thought entered into his mind. If Hades chose, he might be able to have more of what he desired, and this woman could be a vessel for him. However, he would have to see if it would come to that.

Had Anastasia been more of an emotional person she may have smiled at Hades words, but she was not and as such her face remained set in a calm manner, showing she was neither pleased or upset with his arrival. But she knew that out of the majority of the people that resided on this planet he was definitely better company than most of the sacks of flesh that attempted to call themselves human beings. Anastasia acknowledged his respectful motion with a small nod of respect on her own part. While he may be younger than her, anyone would be a fool to not spot this mans capabilities. Especially when compared to the crap of Death Eaters in Training they had anymore. Surely she hadn't been such a blundering fool when she had signed up had she? So many of them looking for the biggest way to look cool and rebel against their family even though they were supposed to remain a secret. She supposed she could be looked at as one of them but she knew her reasons and not a one of them was for the sake of appearance. Anyone who said otherwise would be in for a world of hurt.

At his first words a small ghost of a smile slipped onto her face, "Most men do not have the wisdom to believe so." she murmured quietly, more to herself than to him. She took a moment to study Hades further in this new light, or should she say lack there of. His hair was nearly invisible but his skin nearly blinded her. She still had no idea what she was looking for out of the night but something told her that it would be found within the company of the fellow death eater standing before her, smirking in a way that sparked curiosity in Anastasia. That curiosity was soon extinguished to an extent when he told her of his intentions. She didn't know why he felt the need to leave the country for a while but honestly she wasn't worried enough to ask. She instead focused on his desire for a fight, "Well, while a fight wouldn't be the brightest move for us at the moment. We could... Do some cleaning so to speak if you would be up for it." she offered as if asking to simply go out for coffee. She hadn't used her wand enough lately and maybe that was why she was out so late, asking for trouble. Normally she didn't kill without good reason, as it was a bit reckless but as long as things were done properly she felt it fine for a rare stress reliever, which she needed at the moment.

Hades observed her calm manner with his onyx eyes but by no means did that smirk fade off of his white face. However, she did not seem to want to fight, that was almost disappointing but Hades would accept company if they proved worthy. Whispers of certain people were hissed about in the Death Eaters but Hades had not heard anything negative about Anastasia as of yet. So, that was a plus for Hades. He did not know what was heard about him, but he did kill in muggle fashions as he thought that they were the most cruel. Avada Kedavra just was not enough for Hades. He needed blood, gore, the sounds of the knife slicing across flesh, something that was just too horrid for others to really hear. Hades was cruel, just like his other family members. He had yet to discover that he would love to use fire in his killings.

The fraction of a smile was enough to cause his smirk to fade a bit, so that he was not smirking nearly as much as he was before. Hades narrowed his eyes upon her, and then the streetlamps came to life. Hades shielded his eyes with his hand for a moment, almost wincing like a vampire to the light. He got used to it after a few seconds, but at least his skin didn’t glow as much. He did not appreciate such light, as he lurked in the shadows, and the darkness. That was where he belonged, after all. “I would not think so either, however it was naturally assumed that is what I want. However, I have bigger goals than just fighting without reason or just cause.” Hades was not very reckless, at all. He was far too careful, and he hunted down people rather than just kill and threaten to send himself to Azkaban without even putting up a good warrant for his arrest. “I am not the reckless type to kill, however I do appreciate the feel and the desire that comes of it. I hunt those down and make them disappear, and I have not heard you to be the reckless type.” Hades didn’t need a stress reliever, but he was curious to what Anastasia was into.

Anastasia stood in silence for a moment, summing up what she saw here with the whispers she had heard through 'the grapevine' for lack of a batter term. While she was nowhere near as gifted with the art of observation as he appeared to be she didn't walk around blind either. Anyone with an ounce of brainpower could tell he wasn't one to be messed around with on a first glance, which could really work against him at times. But with what she had heard of his killing style and a few other tidbits that had been stored away in memory he wouldn't be taken down without one hell of a fight, then again what experienced Death Eater really would be? Azkaban was a place nobody wanted to end up, especially not for a life sentence. She had almost gotten thrown in there herself because of her b!tch of a mother that now hung around her neck.

Anastasia noticed the slight shift on body language and went to replay her words in her head. Damn that had not come out like she had intended but oh well, She felt she had enough merit not to let one stray comment shatter her so she chose not to retract it. The two had different reactions when the streetlights clicked on rather late for the time of night. Hades seemed to almost shrink back from them at first whilst they didn't faze Anastasia in the slightest, having grown up in the baking summers of Mediterranean Greece the light was actually welcome to her, sunlight that is. The streetlights cast a dim yellow glow down onto her olive skin and lit a small halo of light around her chocolate locks that most certainly did not belong there. She nodded at his first statement, understanding completely before going on to contemplate his answer. Well not much contemplation was really needed, "Oh believe me when I say I'm not." she started, the light took this moment to bounce off of the emerald necklace that never left her neck that had once been her mother. "I enjoy the hunt as well." she ended, choosing not to state the reason why she felt a need to kill or just do something to take some stress off of herself. She was not the type to whine and Hades was certainly not a sounding board.

Hades wished that the streetlight would just shut off. Hades whipped out his wand and he waved it at the light. Electricity and magic did not react well, and the streetlight shattered. The light went out and blessed Hades with the comforts of the shadows once more. Hades’ eyes went to the necklace, and his eyes narrowed. It looked…unreal. Hades said nothing about it however. Hades stepped toward her, and he outstretched his hand toward her. “Anastasia, allow me to introduce to you my way of hunting.” Hades wondered if she would obliged. If so, he would apparate with her onto the rooftops, and watch those up above, to see any potential victims. Hades gave her a tiny smirk, and he spoke in a soft, alluring tone, “You can trust me.” Those words, if she were not a Death Eater, he would not be one to trust in the least bit for he would mess up the other person so much. Seeing as this is a fellow woman from the darkness, then Hades would see no reason to mess her up. Why would he do something to a comrade? Hades would do nothing that she did not ask for.

The sound of the glass shattering into a million pieces gave Anastasia an odd calm as they were both showered in shards of the stuff. She did a quick once over to make sure no stray pieces had gotten stuck in her somewhere. satisfied the looked back up to Hades only to realize his eyes had landed in one of the worst possible places. He looked at her necklace for only a moment but that was all it took, when he looked back up at her she could see the observation he had made. She had to admit though it was impressive, he was the only person in almost five years to even think twice around the expensive looking bobble. But seeing as he didn't mention it she too kept her mouth shut on the matter. When he offered to show her his way of hunting she was intrigued. But should she do it? That question barely popped into her head before it was answered. Of course she should, it certainly beat wandering around aimlessly amongst filth for the rest of the night. After a second or two of thought she decided. Giving only a small nod as conformation before lightly placing her hand in his, preparing for the usual sensation of apparation.

Hades softly brushed the shards of glass off of his shoulders, and that was the end of the glass shower. He did not say anything more, but he wrapped his fingers around hers. "Allow me to show you how a Zhefarovich hunts," Hades smirked, when he revealed where he had descended from. He apparated, but he did not apparate far at all. Merely a street away, but high up on the roofs of buildings. He landed on one in particular, and he released her hand. They were draped in the night sky, and they were higher than the streetlights. Hades stepped onto the roof, and stared down through a window. People were dressed in jewels and such, and they were surely not muggles. Hades murmured, "If only they knew what danger lurked above." Hades stood back up, straightened out his figure, and he glanced down at the streets below where more people strolled down, unaware. Hades wouldn't jump anyone that he didn't need to. "I lurk on the rooftops of many. Once, to torture my ex-wife, I jumped an Auror by accident - I did not know he was an Auror, and knocked him out. He didn't know what hit him. It was horrid to find out you polyjuiced as one of those scum." Hades rolled his eyes, and he shrugged lightly. "When you are up here, you are hard to catch, and it is easier to lose the authorities and attack those you wish."

Anastasia felt the ghostly white fingers of Hades wrap firmly around her own slender, olive toned digits and within seconds the two vanished from the empty muggle street almost as suddenly as they had appeared, not even seconds later they were up on the rooftops, looking down upon the street below, The people were adorned in fine fabrics, shining jewels and all tones of gold and silver. Waving their wands about, so they were wizards. Well to do wizards at that. She pulled out her wand from the left dress pocket and quickly whispered a small charm as she pointed her wand at her heels. They were already trip proof and with any luck they would now be completely silent, masking her footfalls on the rooftops. She brought one foot up and down lightly in a test and not even those with the most sensitive of ears could have heard them. Sure she was no elephant stomping around but the soft click of heels was unavoidable and distinct if left unaided. Anastasia listened to Hades speak, his voice sending small, invisible shivers down her spine, the bodys natural warning system but Anastasia felt she had not much to fear from this man. They were comrades working for the dark. "I would say so." she agreed at the thought of looking like one of the auror scum. To be mistaken for one... Ugh, Anastasia didn't really want to think about that. "Much easier..." she replied in a whisper that was quickly lost with the wind. How had she not thought of this earlier?

Tonight was going to be rather boring until Hades decided what he was going to do. As he watched Anastasia move, Hades smirked at the idea forming in his mind. She was a pure-blood, and all he had was one pure-blood child. Hades needed her as a vessel, for a child of his. The type of person he was, Hades needed a blend of two pure-bloods, both twisted and evil, to make the perfect child. He had one, Hades Lutrov II, and he wanted another. The others, he needed to enforce that they were evil, but he would need some that were natural. Hades needed her, and he would have her as a vessel. He was sure that she would part with her child, and he would love to allow her to visit. Hades approached her and he purred, "I know of a more exciting way to spend the evening, and I am sure that you will not object." He took her hand in his, his cold skin sure to put chills in the Death Eater. Hades was a form that was tall, and women could fall for his charms. With a sultry look in his eyes, he softly kissed her hand, and he said, "Allow me to fulfill your night with nothing you have ever experienced." Hades smirked, and with that, he apparated them to another area, to earn himself a vessel for what he wanted.
Fin

Users who are viewing this thread

Back