Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Abian) (Bisexual
Wand
Knotted 15 Inch Rigid Yew Wand with Billywig Stinger Core
The backpack of tramping supplies on William's shoulders was a familiar weight as he adjusted his angle slightly, ducking between a low branch and a high log. Though he secretly resented her popularity within the castle, outside of it William found his sister's presence a welcome comfort, especially when it came to the Forbidden Forest. The two of them were more than experienced enough when it came to tramping in the bush, that he didn't see any risk whatsoever in whatever it was making this forest so forbidden. More than anywhere else at Hogwarts, the forest reminded William of home, and being there with Maddy only made him feel more at home. Once William had navigated the high log he turned back, holding a hand out to help Maddy through. "Reckon if we go north from here there might be some interesting plants. I don't think I've been up that way yet." He commented as he reached out, the mental map of the areas of forest he had explored in the past clear in his mind. William had an excellent mind for directions in the bush, and knew he was a good navigator, and he enjoyed being able to put one of his only real talents to work.

Maddy loved the forest; it had quickly and inevitably become her favourite place at Hogwarts. And, naturally, that also made it one of her favourite places to go with her brother, just like they'd always done at home. There was always a vague bittersweet note in doing this without Seb, but Maddy quashed it, not allowing the separation of the family to decrease her enjoyment. Besides, Seb would be here next year, finally, and then it would be exactly like old times. The only disappointment to Maddy so far was that she hadn't succeeded in introducing Wills to her group of friends, or meeting his, even after a year and a half at Hogwarts. Wills had always insisted he was popular, but Maddy was beginning to suspect he didn't really have many friends, and she was worried about him. She took the hand he offered her to clamber over the log, though she didn't really need it, and nodded at his suggestion. The two of them had, both separately and together, been gradually expanding their mental map of this forest, but Maddy knew William's bushcraft was better than hers. "Sounds like a good plan," she agreed. "I haven't been up that way yet either, let's see how far we can get." She didn't need to mention to her brother that the most interesting things in this forest were usually further in.

William nodded in agreement with Maddy, adjusting the straps of his pack slightly before he turned to forge a path northward through the trees, lifting a branch up as he passed under it and holding it from the other side for his sister. "I think I've seen a few more natives in the northern area of the forest, when I was up in the tower. Definitely some tōtara, and I think I spotted a kōwhai patch around there last spring. Probably some cool birds hanging round there." William commented, as he made his way further into the bush. Ever since talking to Vader, he had been thinking of asking his parents for a magical camera of his own. William had never had the most interest in photographing the flora and fauna on their tramping trips, seeing it more as a chore than something he did for fun, but now that he didn't even have the option of taking pictures of the cool things he saw, William was starting to miss it. "Plus if I'm right about the kōwhai patch that'll be a good landmark for our map."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back