Like A Potato Chip - Can't Have Just One

Cyan Zephyr

OOC First Name
Cole
Sexual Orientation
Aion♡♡
Traveling was more than a dream to Cyan as she picked up little odd jobs and worked on her designing. She knew the line of clothing she was working on was odd, but she loved every second of the idea of enchanted clothing. She was no designer, but makeup, hair, and beauty were all her strong suits. it helped that she had a baby to practice on, and now a second to try new things on was on the way.

Cyan Zephyr had thought of a million ways to tell Aion that they were expecting another child, but frankly none of them would end with him pleased she was sure. Finally the woman just dressed herself and began to take care of her normal duties, after all, what was the worst that was going to happen when he noticed there was a bowl on the table that said eating for two. Iris was in her high chair, throwing Cheerios on the floor as Cy whipped her wand and floated them in the air. She swore the baby just enjoyed watching them float about the bottom of the tent. The sounds of twigs breaking alerted Cyan to Aion's presence as he returned and she smiled, moving to the table to eat with their child, waiting to see if he even picked up on her small hints.

The days Aion worked were usually the hardest. Not because the work was difficult although it certainly did have its challenges, it wasn’t everyday you could collect all the samples required, but because it meant he spent prolonged periods away from his family. While grateful he still had the opportunity to come home every evening to his wife and daughter, a phase he still hadn’t gotten used to, it still felt way too long to be away from the tent for hours at a time.
After arriving back at their home, Aion lifted the flat of the tent with one arm, ducking under the canvas with the biggest smile on his face as he instantly reunited with his two favourite people. They’d only been in the country a few weeks but his pale complexion was already darkening with prolonged time in the sun, and the enchanted fan that spun around the room was incredibly welcoming. “Hey, how are you gorgeous ladies?” He asked, moving round the table to kiss both Cyan and Iris on the forehead, before passing the table to remove his bags from his shoulders. He tested them a short distance away, knowing that he would need to go through them soon anyway. “Have you been behaving?” He directed towards the child who Aion was quite sure resembled more of her mother than himself, a fact he would forever enjoy. He took a seat at the table, glancing at the bowl but realising he must not have noticed it when Cyan had been pregnant last year.

Cyan smiled and eagerly greeted her husband, forehead leaning against his lips for the kiss. "She's been great, I've eaten two bags of chips though and all the chocolate chips we had left so...." She held out the bowl of cereal to show him her next meal. She was around a month and a half along, not long enough for cravings but plenty of time to feel she deserved to have some junk food. After all, Iris had made her crave spicy things to high heaven's and that was rougher than Cyan would like to admit - especially when morning sickness happened.

Cyan could follow Aion's eyes to the bowl, and yet he didn't speak. Was he going to be silent for a full day - or what felt like a full day - again? The girl with the dyed hair and freckles, which were exasperated by the sun, sighed. "Bought it today while shopping." She said, trying to nudge him into speaking.

Aion let out a small laugh as Cyan told him about just how much she’d eaten. It wasn’t usual for her to snack so much, but it was only when his wife finally lifted to bowl to his attention that his stomach left his body. “Bought what today?” He asked, glancing from the bowl to the woman beside him. Of course the answer was obvious, but just perhaps he was reading too much into it. He hadn’t really had time to process a pregnancy the first time round, and hadn’t coped well at all with the shock of finding out they were expecting. He’d always imagined with their second he’d be more at ease but as he felt a familiar knot in his stomach evolving, Aion was just doing his best to control himself until he was certain what was going on.

"The bowl Aion." Cyan gave a deep breath. "Listen it's obvious neither of us are good at planning." She pointed to her stomach. "But Iris is doing fine, and so will this one." Cyan scooted closer to Aion wondering if the fact that his parents were so absent played a part in the way he worried. The woman squeezed her husband's hand and smiled at him. "Besides one's gotta come out looking like you eventually right?" She asked, trying to reassure him. "please don't close up on me this time, this can be a good thing. Our babies can be helpful and they're going to grow up being so cool with a dad like you." The southern girl only hoped her urging would help make him more comfortable.

The emotions that fell on Aion across the next couple of seconds were the precise reason as to how he’d managed to close up the first time. He knew from experience his absent mind didn’t help in situations like this but he needed a moment to realise what was happening. He let Cyan speak, and watched in silence as she shuffled closer towards him. Nodding at her words he knew with a second it should have been different. They’d survived one child and managed to keep said child alive this far, perhaps a second wouldn’t change as much. Of course the rising responsibility for protecting his family however was growing, and their unusual life style would only be able to hold them for so long. He swallowed, his mouth feeling dry, “Are you sure?” He asked, glancing down to her stomach although there was nothing obvious to give it away. His eyes were damp at her words, but he lent forward across the table, pressing his lips against hers as his eyes squeezed tight. “I love you so much,” he said, resting his head against hers when he finally paused for air. “Having a family with you has been the best thing in the world, you know that.” His wife was his best friend and life partner and he knew there was nothing he wouldn’t do for his family, “I just want to get it right,” he added, unaware his arms had started shaking with adrenaline. “We have to do what’s right, for them.” This was going to take some getting used to.

Cyan could practically feel the anxiety emitting from Aion and she rubbed her thumb across the top of his hands to try and help him calm down. it was all she could do. "Six tests later and a doctors appointment, yeah." She said. Cyan had made one hundred percent sure before even thinking about telling Aion. Why work her husband up if she didn't have anything to do it with in the first place. "Aion, there is literally no way to do everything right ever. Every parent, even the most seemingly perfect, make mistakes, and that's gonna be us too. That's okay, as long as we are trying to do the best we can. But if you really want to do what's best... let's start by shaving that mustache off your face that you've grown so far." She laughed, kissing his cheek. "Good news is that i hear eating certain herbs can make it a boy, so like - we can try that." She said, unsure if she could stand two tiny versions of herself.

Clearly Cy had had time to come to terms with a second baby, something that was still an unimaginable circumstance to Aion. Of course it was certainly possible, obviously, but the reality of it truly happening hadn’t set in yet. Usually he would have fought back in defence at the tiny wisps of hair that were growing on his face, but today he simply nodded and removed himself from the table, stroking one hand through Iris’ hair on the way to the bathroom. He hadn’t meant he didn’t think they were good parents, they’d made their fair share of mistakes already, but Aion was concerned with whether a choice he’d made at 18 was really worth the development of his children. On the way to the bathroom he considered what it would be like to have a son, although he had no doubt between Cyans energy and Aions fascination, they were most definitely going to have their hands full.

Cyan had hoped that perhaps she’d get any reaction from her Husband. But instead as he quietly left the room the woman felt her eyes well up with hot liquid. Over tanned cheeks the tears spilled one after another into her cereal, which she sat down. The Hufflepuff alumni felt immediately alone in the world, of course she was scared and unsure - she needed Aion. But she would never be so selfish as to ask him to be concerned with her. Feeling suddenly suffocated Cyan places a protection charm on their daughter who was strapped into her high schjair and walked out the tent into the sun. She needed anything to dry her tears and steady her crying.

Aion had taken himself into the bathroom and was currently peering at himself in a small mirror that hung off the wall. His facial hair really wasn’t too bad and his first thought was that it had been an excuse of a change of topic. Nevertheless he took a few minutes to shave the best he could, before patting himself dry and returning to the living area.
Upon realising that Cyan had popped outside, Aion moved across towards the entrance, exhausted from his daily activities and worries but his concern for his wife was more pressing. He opened the tent once more, and found her upset under the suns rays. He sighed quietly to himself, knowing it was probably him that had caused her to cry again. “Please come back in,” he called out, wanting to comfort her but not willing yet to leave Iris completely out of sight of a parent. He took his wand from his pocket, directing it towards Cyan, and a few seconds later a large white umbrella was above her head, shading her from the African heat.

Cyan has no capabilities of resisting Aion’s Requests. She loved him and would never be anything but transparent with him. She turned around and looked up at him, crocodile tears framing her overly large, dark orbs. She swallowed hard and entered the tent before turning to grab the umbrella herself. “Aion... I’m sorry I know you probably never saw yourself starting a family especially with me, and I know you worry but... I promise I’ll make it easy on you. As easy as possible. I won’t wven ask you to change any diapers...” she said trying. To reassure him, hoping that his silence which she perceived as anger as it had been before in his teen years, would end.

The Magizoologist watched as Cyan walked back into the protection of their home, and followed her with his gaze as she turned to angrily comment on his reaction. He knew he’d been clear with his words and yet she seemed to think it wasn’t what he wanted. “I’ve wanted to be a family with you since the day you dyed my hair, since the day we got caught eating snack in the kitchen and laid out in the towers at your graduation. When you left school to come with me I knew I would do anything for you too, and when you agreed to marry me I made a promise that I would always be there,” voice was shaking a little, but this wasn’t news to his wife, he just had to make sure she understood what he was going through. “I don’t ever intend on breaking that. I want to be as involved with them and you as much as possibly can. I would happily change diapers for the rest of my life if it meant we had tiny versions of ourselves.” Aion paused, sighing but never looking away from his other half. “I need to make sure that I can look after you and them. There’s a reason you don’t hear many families that love out as we do and it’s because it’s dangerous. I already worry that Iris might one day be in a position and we can’t do anything to help her, and that kills me.” With a glance at his daughter who was still throwing cereal on the floor, he stepped forward to place his hands on Cyans hips. “I would do anything for you three and I’m not having anyone get hurt out here.” Living out in the wild had it’s downfalls, and as delightful as the days were, he couldn’t risk his family for his job. “I’ll find a new job is all. I’ll figure it out.” They both would.

Cyan listened to Aion and only cried more at his claims to a new job. She gripped at his face gently and shook her head. “Absolutely not Mr. Zephyr.” She remarked while still hold his face gently. “I understand the dangers, and I understand the fear. There are so many unknowns in the world but I would rather know km facing those than know you gave up your dream. The kids and I will stay safe. We have so far. For what? Two years?” She asked. And if you’re that worried then we can buy a house somewhere. And you can apparate home. And we’ll be safe but you can work.” Cyan kisses Aion gently. “This family means so much to me. But making you happy will help to keep us together. I can’t imagine a world where you don’t study animals. And walk in the wilderness. And come home sweaty and gross.” She laughed. “Please. Don’t exclude me out of this decision. Please let me help make it.”

How could he ever say that his dreams were more important than his children? He shook his head, turning his cheek to kiss her hand, “I would never forgive myself if something happened to any of you. It’s not worth it Cy, no job is.” She wanted to help him so badly but the only option that seemed feasible to keep his job was to apparate out at a time. It may have been harder to be away from his family for longer, but at least he could relax knowing the only danger they were in was being accidentally hit over the head with some flying fabric by their mother as it flew through the rooms. He wiped away her tears, smiling back at her as she held him. He could do it, he could keep talking even if shock was still running through his veins, because it was all for a greater good. “What about you? You could still do your make up and designs from a permanent home? I don’t know how I could help you,” his voice cracked a little at the last sentence.

Cyan didn't know how to convince Aion that giving up his dream wasn't the right thing to do. She didn't want him to resent her in the end - after all half of this was her fault as well. Neither of them were as careful as they should have been. The woman grabbed Aion's hands in her own and she looked up at the love of her life, eyes a flame with passion and certainty. "Aion, listen to me." She spoke, her voice stern - something she often didn't do when it came to her husband. "i love you, everything you do for this family, for me, for us - is appreciated. Your work helps keep us afloat, goodness knows that my pocket change isn't useful." She inched closer to him, still holding his hands firmly. "I think we should put down a permanent home - not just for us but for the children. If you travel during the week or weekend then you come home to us you will always have stories to share. Iris and whatever the thing in my stomach is will love the knick knacks and the stories you bring back. And when they're old enough to be in school, or even to come out with us - we can travel freely again. But I will not let you stop your dream, because you deserve it more than anyone I know." The woman kissed Aion on the cheek. "We can make this work."

Aion didn’t particularly like the idea of leaving his family when he went to work. Part of what he enjoyed most was being able to travel with them and explore the world with those he loved at his side, and if they had to stay elsewhere he would be working long weeks without seeing them at all. On the other hand Aion wasn’t going to take unnecessary risks and put Iris and their second child in harms way. He would have spent the rest of his life unhappy rather than put them in danger and have them get hurt. If he wanted to continue on with his profession it would have been a smart choice to follow Cyans words. Perhaps she was right, heavens knew she usually was. The man looked trustingly into his wife’s eyes as she spoke, and he knew she was being serious when Cyan told him she thought it could work. He would just need to give it and them time, and maybe in the future they could travel as a family once more. “I think we should get a permanent home regardless,” he admitted finally, “it would be best for them if nothing else.” He added, glancing over the woman’s shoulder back towards his little lady. He wanted to continue his work as a Magizoologist, but what if his constant absence caused issues later on, and beside he didn’t want to miss on their development. “Maybe I could, apparate out during the day, I could still be back in the evenings,” he didn’t want to leave his girls by themselves.

Cyan listened to Aion's voice. It was strange. Even with Iris they hadn't particularly been 'adults' in her mind. Traveling the world, and caring for the baby didn't seem nearly as real as getting their own house and becoming permanent in their residence somewhere. A root while he traveled. Cyan gave a gap toothed grin when he talked about coming back in the evenings. "You only want to do that so you can snuggle me." She joked, trying to lighten the mood - something the former hufflepuff was good at. "Why don't we face this one step at a time, Aion. I will make an appointment with a healer, and then next time you are free we can look at houses, wherever you want. Just know that tent or mansion, everywhere is home when I'm with you." She kissed his cheek adn smiled at their angel in the baby seat next to the table. No matter what, as long as Aion stayed - anywhere really was home.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back