Lights will guide you home

Jarrett Vyhnal

Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
Wand
Straight 14" Sturdy Hazel Wand with Thestral Tail Hair Core
Jarrett Vyhnal could not believe what happened ages ago. He remembered everything though. He got help by a psychologist named Nicholai Van Zant. That slightly younger man was a pain in the ass, but he managed to get through to Jarrett. The whole process brought back memories, and everything that happened. It all started with the downward spiral... Jarrett was at the hospital, waiting for Azerail and Taralynn's son to be born, and once he was, Jarrett knew that being apart of his kid's life would be impossible since Astoria walked out and left him after he was violent with her. He broke down and cried. That was in February of 2035, last year. A couple months later, his daughter, Aaryn, was born, in May of 2035. He promised himself that he would have to get help, but the thing was, he never did. Jarrett was stuck in his house from then on, missing Quidditch (which he was lucky that he didn't get fired for), and before long, his family and friends came along. They were Freya, Camden, Camden's new wife, Lucius, Zinnia and his sisters with their boyfriends, finally dragged his sorry, drunken state out of his bed and forced him into therapy.

Nicholai Van Zant was stern with him, and it took months of therapy to finally help Jarrett get over his anger toward his parents for robbing him of his childhood, and forcing him to do what he had to in order to raise his three siblings. Jarrett was taught to forgive, and to channel his anger into playing Quidditch. And for a couple of months, it worked, and it seemed like it was continually working. Jarrett did not know what he was missing, but life seemed a little better, day by day. But he was missing something big. His daughter and Astoria. He understood if she wouldn't want to see him again, but he needed to be around his daughter. She would be a year old three months from now. Jarrett made sure that he was wearing decent clothing, which were blue jeans and a black band sure. He asked all of his relatives and friends where Astoria lived, and finally, someone managed to give him an address. He arrived in the front of the house that Astoria managed to get. He walked up to the front door before he knocked on it, feeling rather strange to be in New Zealand. He adjusted his sunglasses as he waited for her to answer.

Astoria Snow sighed the moment she watched the bowl of cheerios clank onto the floor after being thrown from the high chair by her nine month old daughter. "I take it you're not hungry then?" Aaryn gurgled loudly and Astoria didn't hesitate to lift her daughter out of the high chair and into her arms. Perhaps she was just cranky and needed a nap before she tried eating. It was getting harder and harder to feed her because she had a tendency to throw her food around. Babies were notoriously messy and it seemed like the older they got, the more they had a tendency to make those messes on purpose just so they could laugh at poor mom. Astoria wiped Aaryn's face off before she set the infant in her crib. Maybe after a quick nap, Astoria could actually convince her to eat something rather than throw it all over the floor. Aaryn didn't appear to sound all that happy about taking a nap, but Astoria ignored her cries as she exited the room and began to clean up around the house. Astoria took every chance she could get to clean up around the house, especially since Aaryn never took long to mess it up again. Aaryn had yet to show that she possessed any magical abilities, but Astoria knew better than to assume that she didn't have any when she had two pure bloods for parents. Magic was in literally in her blood.

Astoria was just finishing up with the kitchen when she heard a knock at the door. Astoria raised an eyebrow and wondered to who could be knocking at her door. Astoria set the rag she had been using to clean the counters with aside and headed to the door. The moment Astoria opened the door to reveal the figure standing behind it, her eyes widened. "Jarrett?" Aside from being shocked to see him, Astoria was amazed at how much better he looked. Perhaps the rumors of him attending rehab to get better were true. After a moment of taking him all in, Astoria realized that she was being rude and invited him in. Astoria invited Jarrett to sit down on the couch before she took a seat on the love seat across from him. "Want some coffee or something? You look so so much better by the way. I'm amazed actually. It's like looking at a different person." Astoria wasn't going to be Aaryn out to see Jarrett until she was one hundred percent sure that he was better. Even if she was sure that Aaryn was the reason he had come to see them. Astoria was just very cautious about his past behavior coming back to haunt them.

Jarrett looked up as Astoria answered the door. She definitely did not look much different. He never really saw her when she was hugely pregnant either. But either way, he was pretty relieved that she did not change. Another change would have made him a little uneasy, but the sole purpose of today was to fix things with the mother of his child, and hopefully, see his kid. All he knew was that he had a little girl. No one told him the name. Astoria seemed to look a little surprised when she laid her eyes on him. He couldn't help bit smirk slightly, knowing that she might have been surprised with how clean he actually looked. Though his hair, that was another story. It was still messy and curly as ever. "I hope you aren't too surprised, Story," Jarrett stated with a soft tone. Once she invited him inside, he made sure that the door was shut, since he didn't want anything to escape out into the world. He wouldn't want to do that to Astoria or himself. He walked through the living room an sat down on the couch. Astoria seated herself in the love seat in front of him. Some space might do them a little bit of good, but Jarrett still have some unresolved feelings for Astoria. No amount of therapy could take that away, but by now, he thought that he lost Astoria in any sort of a 'more than friends' relationship. He'll take what he can get though.

She mentioned how much better he looked, and how it was like looking at the same person. He leaned back in the love seat, shaking his head at the offer of coffee. "Well, it is still the same old me. Just without the fear of needing a restraining order. I had almost ten people drag me into therapy, so... Well, it did a lot of good." Jarrett would admit that this did a lot of good to his life. His room was cleaned up, and he often took off his sunglasses when he was at home with his sisters, but he had them right back on when other people were around. It all had to do with the color of his eyes. Instead, he turned his attention to Astoria, and wondered more about what happened to her in the last year and some months. "What about you? Having a kid with my genes wear you out yet? I remember my siblings were a bunch of hellions." That was certainly one way to describe his siblings when they were that young.

Astoria wasn't sure if wanted to believe Jarrett when he tried to tell her that he was still the same person. Perhaps he didn't know how bad things had gotten for those that could see him, but Astoria definitely thought that he had changed a lot. It was for the better though. He looked healthier and happier. "You've definitely changed. Maybe your hair has just gotten spongier or something. I don't know, it's something. Something good though." The hair thing was a constant joke between Astoria and Jarrett, so hopefully it would get him smiling. After her little joke, Astoria offered Jarrett some muggle soda or some juice as well as some snacks. Mostly because food and beverages always helped to calm the mood. The more comfortable and at ease that Jarrett was, the more willing she would be to bring his daughter out to see him. "I heard it took a lot to get you to go. But I'm really glad you went. You needed it." Astoria spoke softly as she took a long drink of her apple juice, something she had become addicted to drinking thanks to her daughter. Jarrett had done what everyone had asked of him, and that was to get help. Hopefully now people wouldn't be so scared of him.

When Jarrett asked about Astoria's life and if she was faring well if a child of his genes, Astoria smiled softly and resisted the urge to laugh. "Well I'm debating on retiring from Quidditch, but other than that I've had my hands full with Aaryn. She has quite the personality, and the mouth." When that kid was older she was going to be either quite talkative or she was going to have a temper like her father. When she was first born, she nearly cried for five hours straight with all of the healers poking and prodding at her. Then again, it was her own fault for deciding to come nearly a month early. "I suppose you came here to see her didn't you?" Even if some part of her was nervous, another part of her knew that Jarrett was better. Plus she had no right to deny him the chance to see his child. Based on his past with his parents, she figured he would really want to try his best to be a part of his baby's life. He had done such a good job with his sisters, Astoria didn't doubt that he would be a good father.

Jarrett looked at her through his sunglasses as she said that he had changed, and suggested that maybe it was his hair. That was sort of an inside joke for the two of them, and it remained since Jarrett laughed softly at that. Something good had changed within him, and he wondered if he could be trusted with his own daughter. She might have his hair for all he knew. "Well, maybe it was the hair. The change in humidity around here does wonders for it. I suppose you are right though, something good has happened." It took a lot to change someone like him because of who he was and how long the issues rested. He finally took up the offer for a muggle soda, since he did not want to have something hot. Once he had his beverage, he took a sip of it, and rested it in between his legs to keep it from spilling, and in close reach. "It took five people to drag me into it, at least. I did. Without it, Camden and I would be in a bad state still. We reconciled. He is even married to a Snow. Kendra I think." He did not know her well, but she seemed nice enough. Fawning over Camden wherever he went. Jarrett would have found it annoying, but that was him. Camden did not seem to mind.

Astoria mentioned how she was debating on retiring from Quidditch. What else would she do to support herself and Aaryn? What if she needed help? Although, he was not surprised about Aaryn, and he decided to make a joke about that, "Nope, sounds just like you. But, if you retire from Quidditch, what will you do? Is there any way that I can help you and Aaryn?" Since he had not been there as a father from the moment she was born, he could start now, since she was not that old yet. She would not keep memories of an absent father. That made him feel even more relieved. She mentioned that she supposed that he came here to see her. Jarrett nodded, "Initially, yes. I have had some recent experience with a baby, since Taralynn's. I still can't pronounce the name of. But, seeing you is a bonus. If you want to wait on me seeing Aaryn, then I would not blame you." After all, he really screwed up in the past before and this might need a bit more convincing like it was real or something.

Jarrett's comment made Astoria raise an eyebrow. Even though he was joking, she knew some part of him was right about what he said. Aaryn did take a lot after her personality-wise when it came to the abrasive attitude she had. "At least she takes after me in some aspect. The kid looks nothing like me, she's practically a mini you." Minus the fact that she was a girl and he a male. But aside from that they shared the same facial features, the same eye color, the same hair. It actually kind of bothered Astoria. Several people have already asked her if that was really her baby or if she had adopted the baby form another couple. "You know, if I quit my job there is still a million other things I could do. I plan to go job hunting before I retire, so don't worry. I won't stop you if you really want to help, but don't worry." Astoria wouldn't mind the help, but she didn't want Jarrett to think it was required, she knew what she was doing and she could take care of herself and Aaryn without help if needed. After all, she had managed the last nine months without help just fine. Sighing when she heard that he had indeed come to see Aaryn. He had come to see her too, but Astoria knew the two of them seeing one another wasn't as big of a deal as this was likely to be for him.

"Look, I know what has happened between us might have damaged our relationship temporarily, but I would never keep her from you. I know how much it would means to you, and I feel like she needs you in her life to some extent." Astoria then silently got up and retreated into the next room to retrieve Aaryn, whom wasn't very keen on the idea of being woken up not too long after she had fallen asleep. Bringing her back into the living room, she sat on the same couch that Jarrett had seated himself on and adjusted Aaryn so that she was facing him. "Jarrett this is your daughter. Aaryn, this is your daddy." She figured Aaryn wouldn't quite understand everything she was saying, but talking to babies was the best way to help make contact with them. Aaryn peeked up at Astoria and babbled for a moment before her eyes rested back on Jarrett, clearly unsure about his presence. "She just woke up from a nap, so she might be a tad bit grouchy. Do you want to hold her?" Astoria hadn't tested Aaryn with strangers much, but she figured that if Aaryn didn't like Jarrett already, she'd let them know. She was quite the vocal baby when she wanted to be.

Jarrett smiled lightly when Astoria mentioned on how the girl looks nothing like her, but him instead. And, that she did take after her in some aspect. That was good that the two shared some genes with the kid. He was glad that she took after both of them. "I'm actually relieved that she took after you with regards to personality. Couldn't have one that was troubled and angry." Jarrett felt that it would have been rather terrible. However, not much could be helped regarding that. The temper in the kid was destined to be strong, as both parents had pretty large tempers. It would be a miracle if she had the temperament of Camden or Taralynn. Astoria mentioned how she planned on going job hunting before she retired, and she wouldn't stop him if he really wanted to help. But, he couldn't help but worry. "I'll do my best, and I'll try not to worry. No promises though." He could take care of someone, as he had his whole life. It felt empty not to do so. That was just him. He couldn't resist. He needed to help Astoria, and he needed to have Aaryn in his life. He couldn't stand to live if he didn't have them both, one way or another. That therapy really helped more than anyone bargained for.

"I'm glad that you don't have a cruel bone in your body to do such a thing. Thanks, Story," remarked Jarrett with a small smile to his lips. He almost briefly wondered how Tristane was doing when Astoria got up to leave the room, possibly to get their child. He wondered if Tristane was okay, and if he was finally with Lilianna or not. He likely was. Lilianna was a good woman, and Jarrett hoped them the best. Lucius and Zinnia were getting along famously as well. He hoped that she got him out of his trash ridden dump of a house. He looked up as Astoria brought Aaryn back into the living room. He almost gasped when he saw her, and how he was introduced. He was completely speechless, even when she asked if he wanted to hold her. He held out his arms, where Aaryn was eventually transferred. He held her close to him, and looked down in awe. "Hi there, Aaryn. I'm your daddy." Clearly, the baby had no idea, and he looked back at Astoria, and he said, "This is surreal."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back