Light Reading

"Your name is Anny or something, right?" Ivy asked, facing Andromeda. "I saw you walking around with your broom the other day, are you any good at flying? I want to try to get into the Quidditch team, but I've never flown before. I don't even own a broom" She said, giggling.

Cid heard a lot of talking going on.
"I thought these places are to be quiet" he said in a whisper looking a little annoyed till he found what it was, first years, and a few were RavenClaw, he had to take this chance to meet them outside of classes.
"Um... hello" said Cid in a shy tone as he walked up to the group of kids.

Andromeda had turned to Ivy to answer her when a boy she had not met said hello!
"Hi!" she smiled at him and made room for him to join the group, "maybe we should take ourselves to the tables?"
she turned back to Ivy and said "Yeah, I'm Andromeda but everyone now calls me Andy! I am fanatical about flying and don't laugh Amy! My broom is like an extension onto my arm. I've all my lessons finished so I figured I'd hit some light reading about the science of flight and some all time flying greats!"
She blushed knowing she sounded totally geeky! "If you need a hand any time just let me know, I've only been taught by my Dad so it's really exciting getting taught by a professional!" Andy turned to Cid and held her hand out, "I'm so rude, we were never properly introduced either... Andy!"

"yeah mine was 463 give or take a few," Brian said to Violet "I just wish the classes were harder, so far I've gotten perfect scores on all my subjects" Brian said absentmindedly.

Amy hoped that there wouldn't be any tension between Andy and Brain, especially seeing as there seemed to be some between Brian and Blane. Amy looked as another boy appraoched and introduced herself.
"Oh hey I'm Amy" she said extending her arm towards him.

Brian shook the girl's hand "My name is Brian Getathorn" he said politely though felt a little annoyed by all the people suddenly arriving, part of him just wanted to take the book he had and leave them all but didn't want to seem rude to Andromeda, they had only just mad up a few days ago and Brian didn't want to put their friendship through another strain so soon after her dad had died, though it had been weeks since it occured He knew that even years could still be difficult for one in mourning.

Andromeda feigned shock and surprise at the amount of words that each had written about!
"We haven't even started History of Magic, that's next semester for us!" she looked about her, there was quite a little congregation of them now. "So why are we all standing in the flying section? I know why I'm here!"
Andromeda had a mischievous nature at the best of times and lately it hadn't been shown alot, today - well, today she was in a pretty giddy mood and couldn't understand why!

"oh" Brian said nervously "well I was just about to leave" Brian said starting to shuffle his legs a bit. He hated not being a good flyer but was determined to practice and get good at it.

Andromeda was quick to spot Brian's discomfort but didn't want to bring it up infront of everyone. She gave him the briefest of nods and raised her eyebrows quizzically. She hated seeing one of her best friends at odds and not knowing why.
She carried on listening to the hushed conversation but kept her eye on Brian.

"i'm only here because I hadn't been here before so thought i'd see what its like" she said smiling at Andy "Yes I'm a geek I know" she added grinning.
"Well its a lovely day outside so how about we take this conversation out then?" she suggested.

((OOC: Andy, comp being slow and not letting me use PM so il try and reply but if i don't you know why!))
"Well go get your book then!" Amy exclaimed giving Andy a nudge
"It'l take a while for everyone to get their stuff together anyways!" she said smiling

Cid bowed.
"Nice to meet you I am Cid Winters a first year of RavenClaw," said Cid with a smile, he was still rather nervous he felt like an outcast once more.

"Its nice to meet you Cid" Amy smiled at the boy.
"So how are you finding it here at Hogwarts?" she asked him.

Andromeda scoured the shelves but couldn't find what she was looking for, there was nothing for it; she would have to come back again later and on her own! She'd never get any reading done at this rate she thought as she looked at her friends. She walked back towards them and slipped her hand into Blanes.
"So, is everyone ready? I couldn't find the book!"

"I'm ready when everyone else is" she said smiling round at everybody there.

Violet could sense things were awkward, and that she couldn't make it better. She saw that Amy and Andy were about to leave, anyway. She smiled self-consciously.
"I'll leave you all be, now, I've got some letters to write. I just thought I'd come up and introduce myself properly. Anyway, I'll see you guys around," she said, waving as she left the library.

"Oh okay then. Well if you get bored me and Andy will be in the grounds so come find us!" she said smiling at Violet. She was greatly warming to the girl and found her genuinely nice. She waved as Violet left the library.

Cid smiled at the girl Amy.
"It's nice, I'm just shocked half the time cause I'm not used to any of this" said Cid with a blush.

"I know how you feel" Amy said smiling at Cid.
"Your in Ravenclaw did you say?" she asked him.

"You liking it in Ravenclaw then?" Amy asked. She thought it was a stupid question but after all, conversation was conversation!

"It's like nothing I've ever felt before, I'm in a huge family like environment but I'm so lonely" replied Cid with a frown.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back