Light Reading

Blane Bailey

Blane walked into the library, he was looking for a book on transfiguration, Myths and legends. He went further into the library and found a small section on myths and legends. He found a book within this section title "Transfiguration Legends in Scotland" Blane took the book of the shelf and sat down in a chair near by and began to read the book.

Despite having succeeding in getting his broomstick into his hand Brian went into the library to get a book about flying. When he entered he saw Blane, he didn't know him very well except for the fact that he was Andromeda's friend. He also two classes with him. Brian didn't say a word as he looked for the book.

Blane looked up from his book and saw that a boy whoms name he only knew by the fact the they were in a couple of his classes. He also noticed that he was looking at books about flying. Blane went into his bag and pulled out a borrowed copy of "Flying instructions for first time fliers" He had read it in his dorm the night before "If you want a good book on flying, i suggest you read this." Blane said to Brian. "I found it really useful."

"Oh..." Brian said noticing that Blane must've been watching him. He walked over to him "um.. how are you doing?" Brian asked looking at the book he was holding.

"I know it, we introduced ourselves twice" Brian said a little harshly "my name is Brian" he said to Blane "I'm... Andromeda and Zazuka's friend" he said trying to be nice.

"okay, There not all as hard as I thought they would be" Brian answered, he couldn't help but feel the conversation was a forced one.

Cid entered the Library, there was so many odd looking books Cid didn't know how to act, he kept quiet however and his thoughts to himself, he just started browsing randomly.

Amy entered the library for the first time. She wasn't in need of any thing, but simply wished to see what it was like. After wandering around for a bit she bumped into Blane and another boy she recognised that Andy knew.
"Hey Blane" she said smiling at him.

"Not at all, I mean besides the fact that the only reason we're speaking to each other is because we have a friend in common" Brian said shifting his feet a little, a girl walked up and said hello to 'Blane' that Brian had only seen once before. "hello" Brian said trying not to be rude.

After her little adventure into the forbidden part of the library (She didn't dare touch any books, and within half a minute later she was already running from it, giggling rather loudly) Ivy saw a few people she recognised. Amy and Blane she had met in the Obsidian Harbor, she met them at the ice cream parlour. She hadn't really spoken to any of them since then, but she thought they were both friendly, and Blane was kind of cute too, she thought to herself, grinning a little. Oh, and that guy's Brian, I think he sat in front of me in History of Magic, right?

She walked towards them, clutching her spare-time books and the book on Merlin, and said:"Aloha, Blane, Amy...Brian" she added quickly as she almost forgot about him. "Are you busy with your homework, or are you just relaxing here?" she asked.

"Hi" Amy said to Brian, she didn't mean to sound rude when she didn't sayhello to him, she just wasn't sure if he was who she thought he was.
Just then Ivy approached them. Amy had met Ivy before in the ice-cream parlour
"Hey Ivy" Amy smiled at the girl.
"I'm not doing my homework, just thought I'd have a wonder round and see what this place was like!" she said smiling.
"How about you?" she asked.

Violet noticed a couple of people she had seen in some of her classes talking in the library. Thinking of what her mother would say (which was something along the lines of "Violet! You, over there, now, talking, please."), she shyly made her way over to the group. Feeling some regret, sensing that there was some hostility within the group, she decided she'd introduce herself anyway.
"Um, hey," she said, shyly. "I thought I'd come over and say hi. I've seen you in some of my classes. I'm Violet, by the way, in case you didn't know," she said, smiling awkwardly to hide her embarassment.

Amy watched as a girl, anout their age, made her way, somewhat reluctanctly to talk to them. She had seen the girl in some of her classes before and so knew roughly who she was.
"Oh hi Violet nice to meet you" she said smiling at the girl.
"I'm Amy by the way" she said extending her hand towards the girl.

"Hi Amy!" Violet said, shaking Amy's hand. Then she looked over at the two boys, between whom there seemed to be a wall of ice. She grimaced, and then took a deep breath.
"Hey, your name's Blane, right? I've seen you in, like, every one of my classes, but I've never really had a chance to talk to you. Which is sad, because you're a Hufflepuff and I really ought to know you better. And you're Brian, am I correct? I've heard a lot about you. You're really intelligent," she continued, shyly.
I hope that didn't sound too obsequious...Violet thought to herself.
"So, what's everyone up to?" she asked, determined to start a conversation. Wouldn't you be proud, mum? she thought bitterly to herself.

Amy listened as Violet talked to the boys, noting how much she knew.
"I'm just here to looka round really, haven't been here before when I bumped into this lot!" she said smiling at the girl who seemed a little nervous
"What about yourself then?" she asked.

"Oh, nothing exciting, really. I've finished all my homework for now, and I thought I'd wander around for a bit. I didn't feel like going outside so I thought I'd come here and have a look around." Violet smiled. "I'd appreciate the library so much more if I actually understood the content of most of these books..." she said, sheepishly, "but that's what learning's for, I guess!"

Andromeda saw the little group huddled by the flying section of books, she smiled at how serious they all looked. Feeling in a bit of a giddy mood, she turned and looked for any sign of the librarian first before sneaking over to the group. She tiptoed up behind Amy and loudly hissed: "Shhhh!" before laughing at them.
"How are all my pals today then! Hey 'A'" she smiled at Amy, linking arms. She turned to the rest of the group before looking back at Amy with a quizzical look.
"Everyone studying hard then?"

"Hey, Andy! Studying? What's that?" Violet said, laughing quietly. "I'm procrastinating. I do the work, leave the study until the exams."

Amy smiled at Violet as she talked about the books. All of a sudden she heard a loud "Shhh" behind her and jumped. Turning round she saw it was only Andy and grinned at her.
Amy saw Andys look and gave a slight shake of the head to indicate that she would tell her later.
"I like your thinking Violet" Amy said laughing.

"It's the perfect philosophy. Of course, I might change my thinking when OWLs come along...but hey, for now, that's just how I roll," she said, deliberately looking silly as she said that.

Andromeda put on a voice sounding pretty much like the librarian.
"There is no rolling allowed here Miss, please take it elsewhere, only serious thinkers allowed!" she grinned.
"Well, I thought we got off really lightly last week, I really think that from now on in, the gloves are off and the homework will pile high!" she looked at a book that Brian was holding, "You were reading that as well weren't you?" she asked Blane,
"I will help if you need me to!" She said.

Violet snorted with laughter. "I'm sorry, miss. I'll remember that!" She thought for a second. "Hmm, yeah, the homework was pretty light last week. It's getting harder. I just wrote a 400 word essay on Merlin for History of Magic. And it's only the second week of my first year! Of course, I may have gone a little overboard..." she looked at her hands, sheepishly, "but still, it's getting harder. But hey. We're all first years, here. We're all morally supportive!" Violet smiled shyly to herself. It was like she finally had friends. At her old school, she was completely seperate from everyone. She read by herself, she did her work by herself, she only saw the others at school. Outside of school, she rarely saw anyone from her classes. Now, at Hogwarts, it was completely different. Everyone was kind and helpful. She was around the others all the time. There was no choice. Violet couldn't be seperate. She was part of the group. She belonged.
"We're all friends here," she whispered.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back