Georgia Astor

Daddy's Girl | Pure | Smart

OOC First Name
Sofija
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Too Young to Care
Georgia was extremely looking forward to see Hogwarts' library, she had huge expectations and honestly, as much as Georgia wanted to, it didn't meet them. Back in States, she had visited Harvard University's libraries and they were way more impressive. Or even more, she had been at Library of Congress and it was the most incredible place ever. But it didn't have magical books like Hogwarts library did. So she decided to use her chance and read books about magic. And this time her choice was "The decline of Pagan Magiv" as it seemed rather interesting and Georgia definitely loved history.

Horror Zhefarovich was fairly amazed with how large the school was. Terror really didn't give him much of an idea of how big the school was so Horror made his way up the corridors. He headed into the library to see what sort of books the school had to offer. He started to flick through some of the older yearbooks to see his parents, though his father wasn't exactly around after his third year. His mom graduated though, so there was that. He started to look through some of the others books, taking down some that might be more up his ally. From his peripheral vision, a Ravenclaw girl. She was reading a history book, so he didn't disturb her for now. He was looking for more than what the library had to offer.

Georgia was quite in her own book, not paying that much of an attention to her surroundings. Until a whole yearbook was planted next to her, it made her look up immediately but it didn't take her long to return the focus to her history. It seemed a little more interesting to her since no one of her parents or further relatives had graduated the school and her sister was still studying there. Georgia only in her third year will be able to take up a yearbook to see a book with her sister in it, until then she wasn't really curious about it. So she just let the boy be and read her own book without interrupting anyone.

Horror worked in the books, but could not find anything that he was interested in. Maybe he needed to go to the Restricted section to find what he wanted to find. There was nothing more he could do though. Horror was getting irritated though but he needed to control himself since he knew that he had a little bit of a temper. He sighed, ultimately giving up, "Why can't the school have more books based on cadavers?" Horror didn't realize that this would be a little unorthodox for a school to keep on hand, but Horror needed to study what he felt he would be excellent in. Perhaps he would be better as a mortician one day.

Georgia was in her own bubble, just reading a book, not paying attention to the boy next to her until she heard him speak up. "Probably because the school is more making focus on the magic than dead bodies," she answered, unsure whether he was even speaking to her. "But I'm quite sure if you look in that aisle," she pointed towards one of the closer shelves to his right, "you could find books about anatomy, so there could be more about that. I'm quite convinced that I saw them there," she smiled at him, hoping that she gave at least some help to him.

Horror did not realize that he was being overhead until he heard the girl answer. His head shifted to look at the Ravenclaw, but she pointed him in the right direction. He started to look to see if he could find what she was talking about. "Without the dead, healers wouldn't know what the insides of humans look like, and how to identify each organ." Horror was only going on his opinion and what he considered common sense. Whether or not it was true was up for debate. "Anatomy is also a subject that I look for." Horror decided not to look anymore, so he shifted his attention to her. "Ravenclaw and knowing about books and their locations. Hope you don't mind being a walking cliche."

Georgia shrugged her shoulders. "I think you answered to your own question. Healers wouldn't. Which means that they probably study that while being a healer-in-training," she offered an answer. She would definitely feel a little uncomfortable if she had to study dead bodies in practice or even in theory really deeply. Anatomy was something she knew but preferred to know more about people that were alive. "Then it's on your right," Georgia once more answered where anatomy books were. "Nope, I definitely don't. It's nice to know about things, even if it's only book locations," she chuckled a little. She was a stereotypical Ravenclaws and she knew that. "You're a Slytherin, aren't you? Somehow your choice of topic is unsurprising then," she let a little stereotype about him go over as well. It wasn't anything bad, was it?

Horror was impressed with how smart this girl was, which was evident in his eyes. He nodded along, but did not add further. He moved to the next section to find a thick book on the subject he wanted. He opened it to thumb through it before setting it down to remind himself to check it out. After all, he was not about to read when he was with someone that could be suitable company. "That is true. They say ignorance is bliss, which might be true since stupid people do seem to be happier. Such a shame really." Horror had low tolerance for those that he felt were rather dumb. He chuckled when she turned his argument against him. Touche, he supposed. "Yes, I am a Slytherin. Suppose I could be a cliched one as well, except I'm not a prejudiced pure-blood. Dad might be but mom has a mixed background. Anything about you that sets you apart from the typical Ravenclaw trope?"

Georgia smiled at him as he nodded, it felt nice to see that he was impressed. Not a lot of people were. "They seem happier because they have no idea about what is going on. Smart people know, so they have what to worry about," she explained her opinion on what he said. And honestly, she would always prefer an anxious person that is highly intelligent than a laid back one that has no idea where they are. "It sounds cool. So you have a strong background here too? Are they from this school?" Georgia immediately asked, it could be nice to know someone who actually knows practical stuff in school from parents experience. "Well, what sets me apart? I was almost sorted into Slytherin because I had a lot of Slytherin qualities. And certainly not as creative as other Ravenclaws," she chuckled as she closed her book, leaving a finger in it.

At least her opinions were not too far-fetched and aligned fairly easily with his. In some aspects since he doubted that she would agree with what he believed should be done with those with lower intelligence. He would not bring that up though since he did not want to seem like some psycho already. When asked if he had a strong background here, he nodded, "Yes. My mom was a Slytherin prefect. My dad was a Hufflepuff, but he was expelled in his third year." If anyone asked what house they thought Chaos was in, it was probably Slytherin but they would be wrong. He was hard-working and loyal, but sort of on the opposite ends of the spectrum. She apparently had a lot of Slytherin qualities, but didn’t see herself as creative as the other ones. "Interesting. Ravenclaw and Slytherin seem to have some overlapping qualities, so the two could end up as good allies." Horror then recalled his manners. Or lack thereof. "Horror Zhefarovich is my name, in case you were unaware."

Georgia nodded as he told her that his mom was a prefect and his dad was expelled. The last statement made her tilt her head a little to the side in a genuine curiousity. There wasn't even a hint of a judgement. "Can I ask why?" she wasn't the type to make rushed into decisions and opinions so she was interested in his answer. "My dad was a Gryffindor in Hogwarts in Scotland," Georgia felt like she had to say that too. If he shared, then it was usually waited in answer. "And my mother graduated from Castelobruxo if I'm not mistaken but I haven't seen her for a long time, so it's not really important," her mother had left her when she was a little kid. They had nothing in common anymore and she preferred it that way. But she chuckled as he talked about common qualities to Ravenclaws and Slytherins and how they could be good allies. "Well, it definitely makes sense. Ravenclaws and Slytherins have a common base and then extension of different personality traits which determines the house. It's been quite a known fact, hasn't it? So yes, they make good allies and companions." Georgia at the very least had always thought about the two houses that way.It just had always made sense to her. "Heard before. I am Georgia Astor," she put out a hand for a handshake, glad to have an approvement that she indeed remembered his name.

Horror knew that this could turn ugly real quick, but then again, perhaps not. He knew that his father had been in the wrong in many aspects, but he should have not missed the target to begin with. "My dad tried to set a student on fire in the Forbidden Forest. He missed though and was caught. The kid was a mudblood so…" Horror shrugged his shoulders, using a vile term like it was everyday speech. In all honesty, Horror did not care one way or another. The girl no longer had her mom, which could have been sad - but Horror had his parents so he could not relate. Horror thought more about the commonalities between Ravenclaw and Slytherin, but when it came down to the founders, no one sided with that old man. No, it was Helga and Rowena that were best friends "Wonder why the founders weren’t like that. Then again, the founder of my house wasn’t exactly friendly." He looked down at her hand as she held it out for a handshake. Her name was Georgia Astor, but he didn’t recognize it. He decided to ultimately shake her hand. "I look forward to seeing you around, Georgia. I have a feeling anytime I come to the library, you will be here."

Georgia was totally blown away by the reason but she didn't show it and just nodded. "Oh, unexpected," she wasn't that surprised by the dad fact as he said that his father was prejudiced pure-blood but she was more disappointed about how Horror put it. He said he wasn't prejudiced but yet, reasoned with his father by saying that the student was a mudblood. It wasn't a sweet moment but she still didn't say anything, maybe he worded it wrong. "Well, it was a long time ago. Back then a lot of people didn't find common ground even tho they had similar values and personalities, but they had different goals and ways to achieve it," she believed that Rowena and Salazar would have been friends if Salazar hadn't picked such a brutal way to exclude muggle born kids. "It's mutual, Horror. And you definitely will until all the books will be read by me," she chuckled glad that he agreed to shake her hand.

Horror kept in mind on how she did not call him out for the word 'mudblood'. Anyone that was in any sort of normal society would have. Either that or she was trying to keep the peace. Interesting though, so he knew either she secretly believed it, or was non-confrontational. She did not bring it up more, so he too dropped it, and decided to revisit it in the future should he want to use that word again. She brought up how different things were back then, and how they had different goals, even with similar values. That was one way to put it. Horror grabbed the book that he was after since he felt that this has come to an end. Whether or not she would prove to be an interesting subject had yet to occur to him. Perhaps he could test her morality in the future. "You can probably request access to the restricted section if you get bored. I'm going to the dungeons to finish this. Take care." Horror gave a small wave and turned to check out his book and leave. It was hard to judge whether or not he could get along with Georgia, but it would depend on her personality in the future.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back