Light It Up

Artemis Jackson

OOC First Name
Arty
Wand
Fir Wand 14 1/8" Essence of Sphinx Remains
The day was not really full of events that were interesting to hear about. It was rather boring for Artemis to stay in the Slytherin Common Room for the whole day and read books there. The flames were relaxing to look at, but she grew tired looking at it. Somehow, it did not satisfy what she was looking for. Yes, it was simply boring and uninteresting. The noise in the Common Room was not in its usual roar. For Artemis' whole life, the usual roar in the Great Hall is always not being brought down to the Dungeons by the other students. Usually, it remains there or outside the grounds of Hogwarts New Zealand. Artemis snapped shut the boring romance book she was reading and walked towards her dormitories to put it back. The title itself was not really that cool. It was exactly six hundred two pages and that will only take Artemis a week to finish it. The Slytherin Second Year sighed tiredly and entered her dark green room that had the Slytherin crest pinned to her bed just near the stand. She smiled for the first time when she saw the crest. With only looking at the colors, it made her feel a bit lighthearted already. It was such an honor to be in the Slytherin house for Merlin's sake! She was just a Half Blood and yet she loved the fact that she was put with the Snakes. She dropped the book on her bed and turned her back away so that she would be able to exit. Artemis thought that it may be a good thing to get some fresh air for a while. The idea of going to the upper floors was a good idea.

Who was their Head of House again? Artemis forgot. She knew that information just a few months ago. That detail was not important anyways so she stopped trying to recall. All she knew was that the rumor said that the Hufflepuffs reside on this floor. There were numerous portraits of various things. Just like people, gardens, different creatures, et cetera. The she-Slytherin walked towards a window that seemed to be overlooking. She did not mind if ever someone would want to accompany her. All she wanted was to remain the peacefulness. Artemis took a look once more at one of the snoozing portraits and smirked at the vision she just saw if ever she'd create a noise to awaken it. That is not worth my time, Artemis reminded herself. Instead of drawing out her wand, she left and walked up towards the overlooking window. Everything was just totally cool below them. Artemis felt the fresh air on her pale face and breathed it in. She stayed there for around ten minutes. All she wanted was to savor the moment, breathing in the cool winds of the Spring season. She tightened her lips and turned around, thinking to set off for the Quidditch Pitch to do some laps. But she bumped into someone who was just probably passing by. "Oh Merlin, I'm sorry! I did not see you!" A rush of embarrassment moved north towards her pale cheeks and formed a pinkish color there. She cringed at the thought that the person might snap at her. She did not want any arguments. Anytime but today please.

Everything seems to be out of control. The idea of telling her best friend the truth about her feelings seems to be the worst idea anyone could ever think of. Seriously, if ever anyone could die of embarrassment, Samantha Madison would be already buried at this time of day. Sure, Sam could just snob the situation but it's not like she had a choice. Maybe if she had just kept her mouth shut all of this wouldn't happen. The sun was as bright as it always is, the air was as cool as it always is and the view outside the castle was as its best as it always is. Everything around and about Sam was still on their usual-tone. Everything, except for the relationship between her and Jeffrey. But to recall it, Jeffrey should have at least shown a more kind action than what he did and that was to laugh boisterously like there was no tomorrow and let out a "You're kidding" remark when Sam was at her most serious mode. This day is far too nice to be ruined by a jerk action made by a person that someone treats "best friend" or "more than a friend" who clearly isn't even worth to have a crush with. As time was passing, the idea on Sam's mind was beginning to fade and her words on the poetry she was writing was beginning to sound lame. If Sam had thought that maybe doing her hobby would take all the pain from her chest, she should think of a better idea than to stuck herself in the Student Lounge and stare at her notebook all day. Sam closed her eyes. She intended on closing them for a few more minutes but her watch beeped unstoppable which caused her to almost jump out of her chair. Her dad bought her a Nike watch which always beeps whenever it's 12:00, whether its 12:00 in the morning or in the afternoon. "Whoa. It's already 12:00?" Sam shockingly told herself. She had been in the lounge since 9:10 a.m and it was already 12:00 noon. She had been on the lounge for three hours and fifty minutes doing nothing but writing a poem that has only two paragraphs composed by four sentences each. Realizing her tardiness, Sam picked up the paper and put it back inside her bag and put her pen inside her pocket. She looked around and saw that only a few people were occupying the room. She rolled her eyes and grabbed her bag and walked her way out of the room.

The minute she walked out of the lounge, Sam felt the cold breeze swipe into her. Going out of the room was the best idea she had done this day. She still wasn't sure to where she was heading since she just recovered herself from too much excreting emotions the past day. The Fourth Floor Corridor wasn't really that crowded. A few students were walking by. Sam hadn't saw Jeffrey today so her day wasn't really that completely ruined. Sam wiggled her robes. It was getting uncomfortable. Her eyes were a bit sleepy and her voice was a bit peachy. She stopped from her tracks when she decided to stop by for a few minutes and admire the beautiful portraits hanging on the walls. Sam saw different kinds of portrait each varying from color to texture and size to subject. All were beautiful but one painting caught her jet black eyes. And hung there was the most beautiful portrait she had ever saw her whole life. Sure, she has saw a lot of beautiful portraits back in the Muggle World where she always visits a Muggle place called a museum but there has be something that's above all, right? Inside the frame stood a girl in a beautiful pink gown. I was very simple yet very beautiful. "What a beautiful portrait" Sam said. Little did she know that the portrait could talk. "Thank You" replied it. Sam was amazed. She smiled and continued to looking at the rest of the portraits. After looking at almost all the portraits in the corridor, Sam continued walking. Later, she got thirsty and reached out for her bag. She grabbed her tumbler and started drinking from it. When she finished drinking, she closed the tumbler cap and decided to return it to her bag. When she was about to return the tumbler, she bumped on someone. That someone seems to be a girl as Sam would point out. She quickly apologizes and said that she didn't saw her. Sam however was a bit irritated but she just said "No, uh, it's alright. I wasn't looking were I was going so this makes it half my fault too." She replied. After replying, she quickly picked up her tumbler and returned it to her bag.

The impact that Artemis caused made her shoulder jerk upwards, indicating the fact that she was actually surprised. Her heart started to beat faster and her breathing almost stopped when she hit the girl. Artemis' shoulders dropped. Now was not the time to actually beg for forgiveness to a person who she just accidentally bumped into. Her blood instantly went cold with what the situation has brought her. She suspected the girl to snap back and actually shout at her for bumping into her. Even though it was just an accident, Artemis knew that some people were just to stubborn to admit that it was actually nobody's fault. In some cases, specifically this one, it there was just nobody who really did it on purpose. The Slytherin ignored the pain that was on her upper back and she resisted the urge to actually check it out if ever it is still in a good condition or not. Her sensitive skin could sometimes react immediately which could sometimes result into a nasty bruise. Artemis frowned, a bit concerned when she saw the flash or irritability in the other female's eyes. She knew that it was normal for someone to be irritated whenever they were surprised with someone. Human brains just really reacted like that. Whether muggle or magical, there's no matter. "Are you sure I did not hurt you?" Queried the young girl. She was in no mood to fight back or snap at something. She was just not in for something that would even bring her spirits downwards more. For almost the morning, all she did was just to read her stupid romance book. The book just did not make her content, resulting her to be actually tired for some reason. She was tired because of the boredom. To be specific, she was sleepy with what she has previously done. Reading a book made her eyes sting with tiredness. That, was also a normal thing that has been happening to Artemis ever since. The small frown on Artemis' lips was still there, while she was observing the girl from head to toe. The noise that just banged or clanged on the floor was probably her jug or something. Artemis did not know. It was probably a muggle thing. She has never seen anything like it in the wizarding world. Well, probably several but not more than ten, to be precise.

The incident was a bit painful but Sam is alright. Sure, her head hurts a bit and so did her right arm but that's just normal. Obviously, the whole thing was just an accident since the other girl's face was concerned. Sam couldn't just scold her and tell her to watch it because obviously, the girl was feeling the same pain as Sam was also feeling since Sam wasn't the only one who got bumped. Her right arm felt numb. Actually, she doesn't feel her arm at all. It was very numb. But her head was the one who was catching all the pain her shoulder should feel. Her head was aching like crazy. It won't leave a bruise or something because that was just a bump plus, Sam has thick skin. It was just aching like it's supposed to be, right? The girl was frowning as Sam would point out. She saw the girl was truly sincere of her apology. Sam was happy about this, seeing that the girl was a Slytherin. As Sam would point out, other Slytherin would already tell her to "get away" and to "watch where she's going" but this Slytherin is just so different from what Sam would point out. Sam ignored the pain and the numbness. It doesn't really matter. What matters is that they're both alright and that no one's really hurt. The girl asked Sam if she was sure that the girl hadn't hurt her. Sam wanted to say "Yes. My head is aching and my right shoulder is numb" but she doesn't want the other girl to feel even more hurt, not only physically but emotionally also, so she just said "A bit. But I'll be alright. How about you? Did I hurt you?" Sam replied, looking just as concerned as the other girl was.

Artemis was actually a bit pained to hear that the impact she caused hurt the girl. It was obviously expected by now, but she just cannot heal her or bring her to the Wing. It would be serious trouble if ever the other female would tell her Head of House. Some people who are quite stupid to fix their own problems usually do this, which could lead to certain consequences. In her own mind, Artemis bit her lip to tell that indeed she was nervous, and she planned to play along fairly well with this girl. She was pretty sure that at the end of this accident, she'd make a new friend. The Slytherin looked at the girl once more, a bit seriously just to study if ever there were truth in her own previous words. Even though the look on her face seemed concerned, truth was she was just trying to figure out which house she belonged in. Among all the four of them, Artemis had a small spot in her brain telling her that she was placed in the Ravenclaw House. The house of wits, as Artemis calls it. "Absolutely not." Artemis sighed then stepped back just to survey the damage she has caused. She quickly frowned when she saw that the girl wanted to nurse her own arm. It seemed painfully hit, and Artemis partially knew that it was her fault. All the thoughts that she has just analyzed resulted to a thought giving her the decision that this girl was not telling any honesty. Quickly, she stepped forward and gently put her hand on both her arms. "Does this hurt?" Very gently, she squeezed her arms as if the girl she was touching was just a baby. It was just very rare for Artemis to do that. Usually, she'd just smile and then walk away from the person she has bumped into. The impact was quite strong, and Artemis cannot easily deny it. Right now, she was actually trying to nurse teh student right in front of her. It sounded ridiculous, yes, but she had no choice. The Slytherin did not want to go back to the common room again then steps out hearing dirty rumors about her. That would completely embarrassing and stupid.

Pain was almost everything now. Sam's head was aching like there was no tomorrow, her right shoulder felt like it was going to broke, and as what she realized a few moments ago, that the right angles of her face hurt too, not to mention her broken heart. To be honest, she wasn't very happy about this bumping-thing. She was a bit irritated, not because the girl had hit her because she knows that it was just an accident but because of the all the pain that was causing her body. Later, when the other girl wasn't looking, Samantha stretched her arm because she thought maybe that stretching would her arm recover fast but it only made the situation worse. The second she stretched her arm, it let out a loud "crrckk", loud enough for the girl who she bumped with, to hear. Sam blinked in pain, and she gulped the saliva that was stuck in her throat. Maybe this wasn't such a good idea, she thought. But still, she managed to let out a smile when the girl turned her gaze towards her. She did not need to do that, it was very obvious that she wasn't feeling the"alright" feeling that she had been telling the other girl. But she also can't tell her the truth. What if the girl founds out and brings her to the Hospital Wing? Then it would be very embarrassing and what if Jeffrey sees her? Then it would be even more embarrassing. The girl stepped forward, even closer to Sam, and put her hands on both Sam's arms, and said "Does this hurt" and gently squeezed her arms. Sam's jaw went down when the girl started squeezing her arm, that action absolutely hurt. The stretching did enough jobs on making Sam's arm hurt even more so the girl didn't really had to do this. But for some reasons, Sam found out that she has a right to, considering all the lies that were coming out of Sam's mouth, she could say that the girl wanted to be sure of what's really happening. Sam let out a soundless "Ow" and it took her a few moments to add a hurt "Yes, it does" remark.

'Face palm'. That was all the second year wanted to do to hide her tiredness in front of the other student. She did not want to expose that she was quite tired at the moment to actually help her. It was quite strange for a second year to be tired at 12:10 noon. There was actually no such thing like that, isn't it? Artemis was not so sure. Although her feelings and mind told her to actually console this female, even though her body did not have the feeling to do it. With all her lifetime, Artemis has already mastered to hide her emotions easily. Only people who are skilled in Legilimency would easily determine what she feels, through the power of invading her mind. That was one of those powerful things a person skilled at that can do. It was simply, amazing. Artemis knew that for her to actually train for something that needs hard work, she needed to excel in certain subjects. She did not know what were those nor would want to know anyways. She was simply up to the challenge to work hard. But instead of mastering Legilimency, she wanted to actually challenge herself up to Occulumency. It was hard, yes, but she did not care. Artemis gave the student a weird look when she heard such a strange sound. It seemed to come from the bones, which were perfectly normal. After a few moments, Artemis frowned due to the failure of the person's words. She really was hurt. The impact was incredibly bad, that's why. "Er, would you like me to bring you to the Wing? It could be treated there if you want. Anyways, I'm free as of the moment." She immediately felt her heart go light after saying this, knowing that if ever she did this, she'd be free of guilt after. But a little part inside her told her that it was regretful a bit, since Artemis hoped to have some peace and quiet. She never actually wanted to be held guilty because of bumping into this girl. How could so many conclusions come into my mind with such a simple accident? She was quite unsure too, of course. Perhaps it was just her mood right now. She needed something to eat, to lighten it up. Anyways, her breakfast was actually just a brownie that she found on the Slytherin table. Afterwards, she marched down to head back to the common room. With such a simple morning, Artemis never knew that it would be so much complicated at noon.

Sam really needs to bring up the truth now. It was very obvious that she was hurt. She really doesn't need to bother denying it. She had to tell the truth now. She had to be honest with this girl since this girl has been showing her kindness since the accident occur and Sam was repaying her this untruthful manner of hers rather than what the girl was showing her. Sam doesn't really know what to do. She was really afraid that the girl would bring her to the Hospital Wing, but her arm was not also feeling well that she should just keep on standing there, babbling lies that she feels alright even if she doesn't. But maybe this would be a nice excuse for Jeffrey if he wants to go to the Student Lounge and meet and talk about what happened last night, right? Sam could decline his invitation to talk because of her "injured" arm so that she could think of a better excuse than her usual "What I said was true" remark. So, Sam was thinking of much better lies to tell Jeffrey while she was standing there in pain in an old corridor on a complicated afternoon, instead of finding right moments to tell the girl she bumped with the truth about what she feels and maybe pay more attention to her. Agreeing to this idea, Sam looked at the girl, carefully analyzing her. The concerned look on her face still hadn't faded. She was really sure and concerned unlike Sam, who was making things up instead of feeling concerned back that she had hurt the girl also and to even pay attention to her. Later, the girl finally asked Sam the question she had been praying that won't happen. The girl asked if she she'd want to be brought to the Hospital Wing. After saying this remark, Sam's eyes bulged and her heart started thumping like a drum solo. "I, I...I'm a little bit fine now. There's no need for you to take me to the Hospital Wing. I, I, I just need some, uh, I just need to...-" Sam looked around, hoping to find something to add and then she spotted an empty bench "-sit down. Yeah, I just need to sit down for a while." She said. She admit, her reasoning wasn't clearly the best but that's what she could think about right now, at least at this time of the day, where she was in her most complicated point. She moved slowly and walked her way to the empty bench and sat down.

Artemis was desperate. For a young Slytherin like her, she wanted to get away from this situation right now. Pretty much immediately. If ever they got caught by some professor who just walked by, there was a small possibility that she could get scolded by bumping into the girl. Her own personality quickly adapted to the situation that was given to her by this boring lunch time. The Slytherin moved her head towards the direction just behind her, to find a good seat for the girl to rest. Fortunately, there was one that was was empty. With just looking at it, Artemis could tell that it really is not used frequently by other students. Certain dust particles were already there, waiting for there presence to be noticed. Artemis femininely and gently blew the dust away and sat down just beside the girl. Her blue eyes were full of concern and they more even added it to it, when she actually realized that the girl wanted to sit down. Did it hurt that bad? Artemis asked herself? Apparently yes, the small spot on her brain replied. She never knew that going up to the fourth floor was such a bad idea. She just wanted peace and quiet as for now. The common room was just utterly boring and she did not want herself to be bored in there. "Is there a bruise?" Blue eyes faced the other girl who was feeling minor pain. She wondered if ever the girl would actually show Artemis the arm that she hit on accident. She hoped that she would not see any black and blue skin there that is quite tender. Artemis peeked over to see if ever her suspicions were correct. There was something covering it, unfortunately. The Slytherin forgot her manners and also completely forgot about introducing herself, since she was to busy worrying about what the further events can do to her. But some part of her brain hoped that the girl would introduce herself first, so that Artemis would just follow.

Sam was a bit happy. Despite of all the pain she was feeling, she was still a bit happy. Other people, or maybe even this girl, may find that very insane but that is just what Sam feels right now. Even though her body is already shouting I'm hurt very very loud. Now, her body and heart aren't the ones that were aching now, her stomach was starting to join in too. Because of too much laziness to even remember that she had already been in the lounge for three hours she forgot to feed herself. Her breakfast was just a glass of fresh milk and a peanut butter sandwich. Sam bit her lip. Great, now how am I supposed to go to the common room when I can't even manage to walk normal with a "fractured" arm, Sam thought, giving herself a gently poke. Sam looked outside of the window; the view was just as perfect as it always was. I wish my life would just be as perfect as it was like my life back when I was six, she thought. Her six year old life was probably the best life Sam ever had. Her relationship with Jeffrey was as good as snow, the relationship of both her parents were as sweet as sugar and her body was as fine as her usual one. The girl asked if there was any bruise, Sam wasn't sure. She was holding her hand tight. She doesn't want to expose her arm too because what if there was really a bruise? Then the girl would have no choice than to take her to the Wing. That would just be very embarrassing. "I don't know" She plainly replied. The commotion was happening so fast that Sam forgot to introduce herself, once she remembered she quickly said "I am Samantha Madison, by the way" adding a little smile. She was quite relieved that she had changed the subject. She just hopes she can let the girl forget to bring up the subject maybe until the end of the day.

Slytherins were frequently misunderstood for being mean, cruel and hostile to other people. Most people thought that Slytherins were nothing but a pile of rubbish which was absolutely false. The Slytherin House taught their students to achieve what they want and make sure that they should be able to make a big difference with what they have. It was really a bliss to live inside the Slytherin Dormitories. Everything seemed to be comfortable especially the dark atmosphere that is always present in there. The emerald flames lightened Artemis' mood whenever she's furious at someone. It makes her sleepy enough to go to bed with just watching it dance with the soft wind inside their common room. Even though they were located at the Dungeons were everything is believed to be dangerous and dimly lit, there's always cool breeze that always visits them. It was actually a nice feeling, to feel new air on your skin once in a while. Artemis had the feeling that the other female was thinking about how helpful the Slytherin was for her. She's just like the others, mistaking us Slytherins. Sitting down made a big help for both girls so that they would be able to converse with each other in a better way.

Artemis' heart sank when she heard that the girl did not even bother to check or feel out if ever there really was a bruise. Artemis hesitated if ever she could touch the tender flesh. She decided not to, just to respect the female if ever she wanted privacy with her own skin. "Do you want to check it out?" Artemis questioned with the same frown on her lips. She wondered if ever the girl would be able to show her the small wound, if ever there was one. The image of a bruise made Artemis shudder inside her own mind only. It was creepy and disgusting to look at. The person's flesh was usually blended with a form of black and blueish green color. Artemis felt the breeze come in from the window and hoped that the girl would agree with her. It will be a nice feeling for the wound to feel the fresh air. It would cool off, hopefully. "And I'm Artemis Jackson, Slytherin House." Artemis copied the same smile on her lips, a bit happy that her little theory was going right. She was making a new friend but she was not so sure. Maybe a little later, she'd be able to find out if ever their conversation was worth picking her as a friend. Artemis looked back at the girl's eyes to meet hers. Now her eyes were trying to see if ever there was still pain. Inside the depths of Madison's eyes, indeed there was pain. Artemis winced mentally at her new discovery, hoping that it won't be that severe.

Samantha frowned. As the time was passing, her arm got painful and painful by seconds. Maybe it really needs a medicine or something that only the Wing can provide. Sam took a deep breath. She knew that whatever time it is going to be, she really has to go to the Wing, unless she'll figure out something to cure the pain or at least lessen it. She remembered her mother doing something when she was only eight. She did something that hurt at first but then the pain lessen, yeah, that could do it. But the only problem was Sam forgot what that thing her mother did to her arm. Great, just great, now Sam was stuck in a corridor talking to a girl (who might be her friend on the future), trying to think of certain subjects to bring up so that the girl won't bring her to the Wing and, of course, to figure out what her mother did when she was eight years old and fractured her both arms. Sam wasn't surprised how her day ended (for now) to this . Her morning was already a bad morning, her afternoon become worse so she won't be surprised if her evening would be even worse than what just happened. She doesn't have many friends here in Hogwarts, so it won't hurt if she gets to know this girl even more. The girl looks a bit frustrated. Maybe this was because Sam won't let her see the bruise if ever there is one, but Sam is fifty percent sure that there is one. She felt a bit sorry for the girl. She really would like to show her, and not because of her either, but because of the pain also. It's not that Sam couldn't handle a simple bump, it's just that it really hurts, and her day was as bad as it is already is. The girl asked Sam if she wanted to check it out. Sam's heart started beating faster again, but this time, even faster than all those drum solos she previously had. She kept quiet for almost a minute. Yes, it was awkward and rude, but Sam finally let out a reply, which is a nervous "Okay". So, she removed her hands and stood there a small blackish thing which is of course a bruise. Wow, I didn't know it would result to that, Sam thought. After all, it was just bumping, but I guess the impact was just really hard, she thought again. The girl finally introduced herself, and her name is Artemis Jackson, and Sam was right she is from the Slytherin house. "Nice to meet you, Artemis. I'm from the Ravenclaw house" she replied. Artemis looked Sam in the eyes; she seemed to be finding something, only Sam wasn't sure what it was. When she met Sam's gaze, Sam flashed a friendly smile, so that Artemis would know that Sam likes her, not because she's a helpful Slytherin like a good Samaritan but also because she's very nice and think of others before herself, which is just exactly what she did to Sam, she poured too much concern on her that she forgot the pain she was actually feeling. Sam knew that Artemis felt pain too because Sam wasn't the only one who got bumped.

Artemis gathered up herself to prepare seeing the bruise. Ever since she was a little kid, she never wanted to see blood and raw flesh. Artemis despised the sight of the thick dark red fluid that always ran out whenever a person's skin got sliced or thrashed. Seeing the skin itself made her feel a bit dizzy with disgust, but she knew that she had to deal with it. After all, it was mostly her fault why Madison got hurt like this. Artemis raised an eyebrow when the girl left the silence as an answer to her question. Her expression was nervous and Artemis immediately knew that she could be uncomfortable showing a total stranger the pain that is causing her hand to feel awkward on her. There were only two options that Artemis had. It was either just wait for the girl to show the flesh, even though it took eternity which seemed that that was going to happen. Second was to just wait for another minute and if no response has not been heard, then she would stand up and leave with no word at all. With Artemis being hungry and sleepy, she chose the second option. There was a big chance that it would last more than a minute and Artemis hoped it would do her well. A minute passed and Artemis saw that the other female moved her hand to Artemis' view. Sighing about the response, she leaned in a little closer so that she'd be able to see the skin. Immediately, it was confirmed as a bruise and it was quite nasty too. Artemis blew on it gently to let the wound cool. She knew that the wind could have probably made it feel a little better, and she hoped it did well to Madison's. "How did it feel?" Artemis questioned, eager to know the answer. Her curiosity led on. The skin was also nasty and Artemis was completely knowledgeable that the wind she blew on Madison's arm did not do the job fully. The idea of going to the Hospital Wing was actually a better idea than just blowing it repeatedly. Artemis felt the breeze and wondered if ever she should call Madison by her first name. 'Samantha' was a lovely name, and it was commonly paired with 'Sam' as its nickname. "Cool house. Good thing you won the House Cup last year." Artemis replied. "Also, I bet you're called, 'Sam', right?"

OOCOut of Character:
Sorry, I got a little distracted so I was not able to post a good reply. :unsure:

A surprised look was the only response that Samantha shown when she saw the bruise on her arm. She was very surprised that a simple bump can result to a bruise. She didn't know that it was that hard. Artemis hadn't said a thing too. Sam was sure she was disgusted by it. She didn't have to say it, since the disgusted look on her face was already exposing the secret. I thought so, Sam thought, biting her lips. She was a bit upset because of that, but she couldn't blame her also, because she herself also gets disgusted with bruises and stuff that involves blood in them. The reason she wasn't disgusted with the bruise on her arm was because it was coming from hers. She looked at Artemis carefully. She has nice skin, she thought after her observation. Artemis' skin seemed really smooth. It was a pale white skin while Sam's was a tanned skin and now it got a little freebie on it which is the bruise that the bumping caused. Artemis looked carefully on the bruise, and then she blew the air surrounding it. The air made the bruise a little better since it was cooling her skin; however it made Sam shake a little. "Better. But a little cold" She said, in response of Artemis asking her if how did it felt. The bruise wasn't that severe as Sam would point out, but indeed it hurt. But then again, it was not worth going to the Wing, in her opinion. Her bruise back when she was eight was a lot severe than this. As time passed and passed, the conversation was getting awkward than ever. Fewer words were coming out of their mouths, more awkward position was being held. Samantha really has to say something, because Artemis, it seems, was the one who was asking the questions and starting the conversation. Sam doesn't have a lot in mind so she just said "Artemis is one of the Greek Goddess right?" She asked, she doesn't really believe in Greek gods but it's worth the try, if Artemis believes in Greek gods."Yeah", Sam said adding a little smile. True, the Ravenclaw House won the house cup last year and before that year too. The Ravenclaws were even hoping to win this year's cup but most of them say that why not give the other house a chance, like what Sam often says. Artemis asked her if she goes by the name Sam, so Sam replied "Yeah. My friends call me by that". This just made her think of Jeffrey. Jeffrey's the one who invented her nickname for her. Sometimes she calls Sam, Samster. While thinking about that, the pain that the bruise caused only felt much worse, or is the pain in her heart the one causing all this heavy feeling inside her chest?

OOCOut of Character:
Are you kidding? That was good. You don't need to write a lot of words just to make your reply good. ;)

Artemis never thought that it would lead to this. Yes, it was horribly disgusting to look at and she did not want it to mark on Madison's arm just because of her. It would be completely embarrassing if ever the two would see each other and all they'd remember is the little incident they had a while ago. The bruise was one of a kind. Artemis herself had not had couple of bruises recently. Her best guess for her last bruise was about two years ago. Being a preteen, she had already learned the importance of hygiene and her actions. Everything should be completely feminine or at least, in manner. Soon enough, she'd be already thirteen years old. The Slytherin always wanted to be presentable whenever it came to other people excluding her family. Artemis looked up to see Madison bite her lips and Artemis quickly composed herself. The other female was probably thinking on how Artemis quickly reacted on the nasty wound on her arm. "I'm sorry. The thing is, I'm just not really used to look at wounds like this." She motioned her head towards the exposed wound and quickly gulped in the saliva she held inside her mouth. Artemis hoped that the girl would not turn her down with the new friendship that is blossoming between the two female students. It would be such a shame if ever the girl would just be disgusted with what Artemis showed her as her personality. Between her thoughts, the Slytherin tried recalling if ever she saw this student in her previous year at Hogwarts New Zealand. Indeed, she found a few memories that contained Samantha Madison's figure there. Some were just in the random hallways, in the Great Hall or sometimes when Artemis needs to go to her common room, she sometimes see her passing along. "Good." The response of Sam contented Artemis already. At least, she knew that her little thought of making it feel a bit cooler worked. With her sister having wounds sometimes, Artemis always blew a little air on it.

Greek Mythology was just utterly loved by Artemis Jackson here. She always read book about it whenever she had no company at all. Her mother was the one who named her by the name of, 'Artemis' since she found it most beautiful compared to the other names of the gods. Even the Slytherin herself was glad that she was named after the Greek Goddess of the hunt. She always loved reading books about her. Also, it was said that the goddess had the moon for her eyes, which made Artemis imagine it beautifully. A small smile formed on her lips when she heard the other student speak once more. "Yup. Goddess of the moon and the hunt, to be precise." She spoke with truth in her words and she was sure of it. With all the books she has read about the goddess, it was just impossible for her not to know this kind of information. Most of the books came from home, with the study room that they have. The young student formed a simple smile when she learned that she was correct. 'Sam' was indeed short for Samantha. "Maybe I'd call you that. It's a lot shorter." Grinned the female Slytherin. Though they were making their introductions, Artemis still had to make sure that the bruise was still intact. Maybe going to the Hospital Wing is the best option they have, the Slytherin reminded herself. Later on, she'd make sure to remind the Ravenclaw that it was best to go on a visit to the Wing. It could be surely cured there.

OOCOut of Character:
Well, it's a bit unclear for me. This post is much better. More clear to imagine the two students. xD

Samantha thought deeply. She really wanted to know what that thing her mom did with her bruise. Something tells her that it has something to do with an ointment. But of course, Sam has to go to the Wing if she wants to have an ointment and the nurses or healers or whatever would find out that she has a bruise and then she would have to stay there and Jeffrey would wander where she is and soon almost everyone in the Ravenclaw house would know what happened and that would just be simply embarrassing. Yeah, Sam over-acting, after all it is just a bruise. She was a bit surprised that Artemis didn't have one since the hard impact caused her pain too, or at least that's what Sam thought. She didn't know if Artemis has a bruise or not so she was filled with concern when she realized this, she quickly asked "How do you feel?” Sam touched her bruise, it wasn't a cut or anything that leaves scars, in fact, it was still skin, only with a different color now. When Sam's index finger touched her bruise, she immediately felt pain. She hadn't said anything to express it though, she just blinked, but as far as she is concerned the blinking seemed to make it obvious. However, the biting-the-lip thing seemed to be pretty obvious to Artemis that Sam was a bit upset of her disgusted reaction so she quickly apologized. "No, it's okay. I get disgusted in bruises and stuff that involves blood too" She replied, hoping Artemis would buy it. Sam wanted her to feel unconcerned; she didn't want any more arguments flooding in because she doesn't want the trust that was building in to fall apart just that. Artemis seemed to agree with what Sam says, and because of that she felt a little comfortable with her company now. So, Greek Mythology was their new subject now. Sam was glad that she had changed the subject, even if she doesn't believe and only knows a few facts about Greek Myth. But Artemis seemed to love it, which is the one that matters. Artemis said that the Greek god, Artemis is the goddess of the moon and hunt, which just made Sam very impressed. "Wow, you must be really lucky you’re named by a really awesome goddess" She said. Sam doesn't like her name. She thinks it's a bit girly-ish. She was named after her mother's favorite author which is Samantha Young. She doesn't know much about Greek gods too, but she knows a few; Zeus, Poseidon, Hades, Aphrodite, Andromeda and now because of Artemis, add Artemis on the list. Sam is sure that Artemis knows the Greek gods very well since she utterly adores them. Artemis was right; Samantha's nickname was indeed Sam. She doesn't want to ask Artemis what's her nickname since she's comfortable of calling Artemis. "Yeah" She said, in agreement of Artemis calling her by her nickname.

OOCOut of Character:
Both are clear to me. :cyndi:

Artemis considered the thought that both of them should really go to the Hospital Wing. She did not want to go to both of them to remember this day as a tragic one just because of one simple accident. Artemis looked around to see if anyone was there to help them. Unfortunately, there was none. Also, a small spot inside her told her that it would be much better if no one would actually see them. If someone did, they might even snicker at the Slytherin giving help to a helpless Ravenclaw. Artemis only fought people who seemed worthy fighting. Fighting people usually boosted Artemis' ego and made her more amused with the other person vibrating with anger because of the blonde. "Feel? I'm fine, really. There's not much pain anymore." The Slytherin did not lack any truth in her words. She was just completely honest with what she has stated and she planned to keep it that way. She did not want to change the situation and flip it to her side. Her skin was not that sensitive when it came to experiencing pain. It did not tear open immediately whenever she burned it or something. The only thing that the blonde never liked about her own skin was the fact that it never loses the scars that bear her past. Even the small scar that she managed to look at despite the horrible appearance was still on her ankle, and she always wished for it to be gone. It was small anyways, so it really was not a huge deal for her. Artemis felt relief flood her own body when Sam agreed with her. Good thing she was not turned off.

"Don't you think we should go to the Hospital Wing? The bruise could stay there forever."
Artemis felt sympathy for the girl. But her last sentence was meant to joke her, so that the awkwardness in the air won't be that so prominent anymore compared to a while ago. The blonde Slytherin looked at her own arms to see if there was also a bruise. She pushed up the sleeves of her own cardigan and tried to see if ever she contained a bruise. So far, she only saw her own soft skin with its usual pale color. Her skin was almost white as dead, but she knew that it was just perfectly normal for her. "Good thing I don't have any wound." Artemis rolled the sleeves of her cardigan back down and faced the girl. The eleven year old female thought about how sensitive the skin of this girl was. With only a bump, she got this nasty bruise? How bad was that? The Slytherin only knew a few people who had this type of skin and she pitied them. Whatever caused their skin to be like that, it was simply not their fault. One of the parents should have this type of skin and it was probably passed down to the offspring. The blonde student chuckled when she heard about her namesake. The virgin goddess was just the best immortal legend that Artemis has ever heard off.

The wind was starting to make Sam's bruise better a little bit. It wasn't like it was a really big bruise; it was just a small one but with a different color. She would never know that her skin was that sensitive if it hadn't been for the bumping. She was a bit grateful for Artemis to let her realize that so that maybe next time she would be careful. Sam rested her back onto the wall. She wanted her body to feel at least a bit painless since this morning. Her body was very heavy. It was like it was carrying two hollow blocks. Artemis said that she's fine and that there's not much pain anymore. Sam quickly analyzed this sentence. Not much pain? Then she might mean there was indeed pain but it seems to loosen up a bit put because she said not much, that means there is still pain, she thought. After that, the idea of coming to the Hospital Wing approached her. She wants to take Artemis to the Wing so maybe, wherever in her body she was feeling pain, it would be cured easily. But of course, she doesn't want to come to place because of the Jeffrey thing. Sam bit her lip once more, she really doesn't want to come to the Wing but she can't just let Artemis hang there, she might feel pain but she doesn't want Sam to know but she also can't go to the Wing since she doesn't want Jeffrey to see her or any other Gryffindor to see her and then report what happened to Jeffrey. This is not time to be selfish Sam, you two have to go to the Wing, and a part of her said, No Sam, stay. What if Jeff see's you then he will surely help and you will have no choice but to talk about what happened last night, said the other part of her. Great, now Sam's mind was hurting too. Not physically or emotionally but mentally since she finds herself mentally retarded because she can't make up her mind. Later, Artemis asked her if they should go to the Wing because the bruise might stay on Sam's hand forever. With too much doubting, Sam said a remark that is "Nah, maybe later. My feet still hurts from too much walking.” without thinking. Realizing what she had said, she poked her legs a little bit painfully; she was surprised she had said this. Then, Artemis checked her arms. She had no wound. "Good for you." was Sam's reply, looking a bit depressed. But she was happy that Artemis had none so that she could avoid the Wing for awhile.

Whatever the girl was thinking about, she hoped that it would be something that would be good for her own sake. Artemis Jackson carefully observed the bruise once more. The skin was starting to look wearier on its appearance. In simple terms, it did not look exactly great to actually look at. Having a bruise was really painful and hard to manage all the time. It also made a good excuse to escape from someone's presence if needed urgently. Artemis frowned when she thought of this. The idea was not so great but it was actually worth using. Her excuse usually was forgetting her wand, even though it was just in her pocket. Yes, it was quite lame and stupid for a Half Blood witch to actually forget her wand. Obviously, it was such an excuse. The Slytherin was actually good in lying, whenever she felt like it. The better her mood is, the better her lies are. Only people who are good in Occulumency are the ones that are able to identify if she is lying or not. "You sure? I think it's best to go right now so that it will be immediately gone." Advised the blonde Slytherin, thinking what's best for the both of them. Anyways, after this accident, she'll probably head already to the Great Hall for some lunch. This would absolutely take a while, and maybe they'd encounter more things later on. It was also unusual for the blonde Slytherin to console a fellow student of hers. Yes, she was one friendly Snake but she'd just often smile and walk away. That was what she called, 'friendly' in her own terms. Only Slytherins cared to those who seemed worthy to them. Well, this girl was worthy wasn't she? Artemis smiled kindly when she heard the slightly sad tone of the girl when she replied. She did not want anyone to get envious of one another, so she just kept her pink lips shut to one another.

The bruise was fortunately feeling a bit better, now that it was exposed to the air. Samantha was just glad that she’d followed her conscience into letting Artemis see her bruise. Yeah, it still hurts but not the way it was when Sam was still covering it. The pain wasn't as painful as it was thanks to Artemis. Later, Sam thought that maybe it was a good idea to start being honest with Artemis so she let Artemis know. "I'm feeling a bit better". She said, adding an awkward smile on her face. She was glad that she felt somehow better this day. She was carrying this heavy feeling inside her chest since the previous day until this day but the heavy feeling seems to fade a bit thanks again to Artemis. "I'm sure. I think it will probably be less painful later." Sam sheepishly said. She really didn't want to go to the Wing. She thinks that Artemis already knows that, judging the annoyed look on her face whenever Artemis brings up the subject. Sam just hopes she wouldn't ask why she doesn't want to go to the Wing since Sam doesn't want to lie again to her so she would probably spill the truth if ever Artemis asks her that. Even if she's getting somehow, comfortable with Artemis's presence, she really doesn't want her to know her biggest secrets since they've just already met. So, to change the subject again, Sam asked her "What do you do in your spare time?” hoping Artemis would buy it again. Sam knows that it was a lame question but that was just something that popped up on her mind. And it seems to be a question that is just very easy to answer, so maybe it could be a nice topic for the two. Samantha was starting to get very comfy with Artemis. She seemed like one of those friends that Sam always encounters on Cinemas. Sam also wanted to know what Artemis’s blood status is so she asked “So, what’s your blood status”, in a friendly way since she doesn’t want to offend Artemis.

Artemis decided to play along with this game of Samantha Madison. The main instruction was just to play secretive with her. That was just mainly the rule of it anyways. The other things did not matter really. The blonde had already mastered the way to lie and make direct eye contact, even though what her mouth is saying are all false statements. The talent was difficult to learn and use, but it served her good all her life. Using this always worked out, except for when what she lies about it some pain that she feels. It was unbearable, so she totally cannot use that skill to cover the pain that apparently can be seen in her blue eyes. Her blue colored eyes swam on Madison's and she had a feeling that the girl wanted to avoid the subject of her small minor wound. "If that's what you say, then I trust you for that." Artemis' blue eyes looked directly into Sam's ones, like she wanted to get the truth out of her little mouth. Her eyes deceived her, because her tone was unbelievably kind and gentle yet her eyes totally reversed it. She quickly removed her eyes from her, just so she would not make it obvious that she was just playing with her game.

"I spend time in the common room. Or I fly around in the Quidditch Pitch." Artemis replied with a bored tone. Instead of being concerned about the girl, she thought of a change of subject as a good idea. Besides, she did not want them to discuss the bruise with the whole conversation. What a waste of the Slytherin's time. Artemis gave the girl a small look of curiousity before even answering her next question. With all the different blood statuses that there were, she quickly thought that Samantha contained the 'mixed blood'. Well, it was so far deductive reasoning only. There was not particular evidence for that. "Blood? I'm a Half Blood. What's your type?" Artemis was already ready to hear the words Mixed Blood coming out of Sam's lips and she readied out her most clear sense of hearing and sight. There was no reason to be prejudiced though if ever the other student was a Muggle Born. It won't do any good to Artemis. The danger of also commenting foul words to the student is that it might reach the whole student body and everybody could make rumors of her. Some Pure Bloods were also prejudiced, but some also realized the worthless words whenever pointed to a Muggle Born.

Samantha was starting to sense that Artemis might know that she was lying. Judging the unconvinced expression she was expressing. Bingo, this one was a person that was difficult to lie on. Sam sighed, slowly so that Artemis won't notice. That's what she hoped, anyway. Artemis might think that all Sam was saying was junk but the truth is Sam is trying to open up. Well, not really opening up since she still has these lies that were flooding boat but she was trying to get on shore as best as she can. But if the "I feeling a little bit better" remark appeared to her as a lie then it's her choice she wants to believe it. It didn't really matter since the one that matters are that they're both recovering from the bump and that they avoid further impolite words that can offend the other person. You know what; maybe the best thing to do is to start being honest whether Artemis might take it as a lie. Sam hadn't said a thing after Artemis's remark. She said she trusts Sam for what she says but she doesn't seem to be expressing what she was saying. There's a total difference in what she was saying and the way she was looking. She doesn't really looked convinced about Sam's lies and well, the only word that seems to describe her previous remark was lie and it also doesn't look that much convincing to Sam either. She looked directly into Sam's eyes. Sam sensed that she wants to be sure if Sam really was lying or not. Apparently, she thought what Sam was saying was the truth but her eyes were showing they weren't, but if she can sense truth from lies by looking people in the eye, she could find Sam's eyes expressing the truth now. Her previous sentence was the truth. Sam wondered why she doesn't believe her. Well, better not to think of that now.

Sam nodded after Artemis told her of what she does in her spare time. She sounded bored. Maybe the conversation was beginning to bore her. Sam just blinked. Maybe Artemis needed some rest since she looked tired. Sam needs resting too and if possible, a trip to the Wing. Maybe she can do this after they converse? That would be a nice idea. She just wished Artemis won't see her though because she’ll surely find it hard to explain what she was doing there if she said earlier that she was fine. "Half-Blood's cool. I'm Muggle Born" Sam replied. She hoped Artemis wasn't like one of those jerky Slytherins who always underestimate Muggle Borns. Sam waited for a polite reply, however. She didn't want her to say any bad comments about it. She doesn't want any arguments to occur since she was half sure Artemis would be her friend in the end. But it was only half the feeling. She wasn't still quite sure if that relationship would turn out in the end of this conversation.

Ever since the start of the muggle born witches and wizards, Pure Bloods became rarer and rarer every year. The witch understood the logic behind it and everything fell into place immediately. Romance was the number one reason that she thought of because Pure Bloods could actually fall in love with those people who were not in the same blood line as theirs. The witch recalled the memories of her father telling her the story of him and her mother which made Artemis giddy at some times. With no real idea of magic, her mother was able to regain her sanity when she resided their in the Wizarding World around New Zealand. Blood did not matter to her. There was no use in being a prejudiced idiot nowadays. "Any exciting things going in the Muggle World?" Artemis was not really the type of person who would be always updated in this and that. The section of her brain that gathered up news usually contained the ones that were released ages ago. With her mother being busy with all the patients in the muggle world, she always remained in the Jackson household to rest or maybe fly around the grounds of their home. The conversation seemed to make Artemis forget their previous talk about the wound and she did not want to go back to that subject. The subject seemed touchy for Samantha, and Artemis would hated bearing the awkwardness always.

As time was passing, Samantha's condition felt better and better. She didn't know that air could make bruises feel better, well not until what currently happened to her. The conversation taking place between the two wasn't that awkward anymore. Sam hoped Artemis would bring up a subject neither involving the bruise nor the lying. Sam reached out her hand- the one that doesn't have a bruise on it- and set aside the brown hair covering her eyes. Her hair was long now. She really has to take a haircut when she goes back to NY for the winter break. It was still summer in Hogwarts and Sam was sure it would still take a few months for winter to occur. The sun was shining brightly and its glow caught Sam's eyes. She quickly blinked and look away facing Artemis. Later on, Artemis asked her if there are any exciting things going on in the Muggle World. Sam thought deeply before adding a reply. She wasn't really that updated anymore since she forgot her phone and even if she brought it here she still would not be able to use it properly since she can't charge it if the battery would die because there is no electricity in Hogwarts. "Well, I'm not really that updated anymore. It's December so maybe this month's the 2029th NBA Preseason" Sam said, shrugging. Well, if only she knew something. The topic Artemis brought up was okay. Sam was glad Artemis doesn’t want to talk about the bruise again.

Being a Half Blood, she was not really indulged on the news that was trending in the other world. Her sister was more of a muggle person than her, because of their mother's influence, no doubt. Artemis gave Samantha a look that was apparently a confused one. The letters, NBA, confused her. What was that? Was there even a season for those letters? Heck, what was that? Some kind of a party? Was it in their politics or their government? The questions swirled inside Artemis' brain, confusing her which to ask first. Merlin, help her. She did not want to look stupid in front of the other second year! To hide her embarrassment, the Slytherin leaned forward, indicating her clueless thoughts about it. Her face was also settled into an innocent look while she asked the Ravenclaw about it. "NBA? What does that stand for?" Her blonde her tumbled forwards from her shoulders as she leaned in, but not to close for Samantha to feel awkward. There was no blush or eve a slight clue on the Slytherin's cheeks that she was pretty much hiding the feeling of embarrassment. Her eyes though was a mixture shyness and curiosity. She had no idea if Samantha would laugh at her. The Ravenclaw should understand, because of her knowing that Artemis was a Half Blood. She surely had the wits to cover that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back