Letters Between Schools

Sergei Ivanov

OOC First Name
Camilla!
Wand
Mahogany and Phoenix Feather, 14 1/2"
((posted here because I can't post in Durmstrang))

Sergei was enjoying his time at Beauxbatons. Sure, he missed Durmstrang, but there was enough to keep him occupied in France. After all, there was that pretty Head Girl, along with many other forms of eye candy, there were lessons, there was exploring...in fact the only thing Sergei really wished was that he could have more people from Durmstrang. He was the only Durmstrang boy, and the only sixth year. He had really hoped his friend and fellow Prefect, Seraphina, would have been chosen to come along, but sadly she hadn't been picked. It was a real shame, Sergei missed her a fair bit. And so, in a free afternoon, Sergei resolved to write to her.
Dear Seraphina,
How are you? I feel like it has been so long since we last saw each other. How is Durmstrang? Are students behaving for you? You are not going to have to kill me for leaving you with extra prefect duties? Just kidding. I hope you won't kill me!
Beauxbatons is very pretty, not as much 'home' as Durmstrang is, but it is a beautiful place. I have met some nice people here - I have much less to do than the others, because the others are seventh years, and Moko has champion duties as well. Sometimes it feels like there is no real point to being here and I should go back to Durmstrang, but I am here to support Moko.
But I should not bore you with this! I hope I will hear back from you soon, I kinda miss patrolling with you.
There's not much else to say, so I will leave it at this. I look forward to hearing from you!
Your friend,
Sergei

A smile on his face, he called his owl, Irina, to him, gave her a treat, and then sent her flying off with the letter.

The days in Drumstrang were becoming more and more boring. Sure Seraphina was as busy as ever. With the Headmistree, the Head Girl and two prefects gone there seemed to be even more trouble going on around the school than usual. Returning to the Prefect Common Room after she finished duty on afternoon Seraphina curled up in a ball beside the fire, so tired and finding herself not able to go to sleep just yet. It had been almost a month and the only word Seraphina had from the Tournament in France was the regular updates that the Headmistress sent.

Even though she knew he must be disappointed about not having been chosen as Champion but Seraphina was happy that her friend, Sergei, hadn't been chosen. There was far too much risk at that Tournament and she couldn't bare to loose him. As she was about to leave the Prefect Common Room she was surprised to see Irina fly towards her. "Hello girl." she said, her voice bright as she took the letter from the owl, knowing it was from Sergei. Sitting down again she opened up the letter and read it was great excitement, she hadn't heard from him in so long and she was grateful of the letter. Writing a reply she gave Irina a few treats and sent her off again to her owner.
Dear Sergei,

I'm doing great thanks for asking. Durmstrang, oh you know same old, same old. The students are up to their usual antics, but with Powell, Moko and you as well as the other Prefect, they seem to think they can run this place. It's been hard keeping up with them all but I think they're starting to get the idea now. And I don't know if I'll kill you or not, we shall have to wait and see my friend.

I'm sure Beauxbatons is very pretty, as well as the girls haha. Durmstrang seems a lot emptier without you here, I think you being in France has made me realise how much I value your friendship, you seem to be the only one that can stand me.

Oh yes, how is our fearless Champion fairing out? Powell sends regular updates but you can never trust the old woman to give all the good details, if you know what I mean hehe. Oh I so wish you could return here but of course you must stay there so I understand. I miss you so much and patrolling by myself is definitely not as fun any more. Anyway, I think Irina is getting restless so I shall talk to you again soon.

Your friend,
Sera.

Sergei couldn't help the massive grin that spread acorss his face when he saw Irina flying back with a letter from Seraphina. He missed the quirky sixth year an awful lot (more than he'd care to admit, really), and was glad he could at least keep contact with her via letters. His grin, if possible, spread even wider as he read her letter, and soon he was rummaging about for treats for Irina, and his quill, ink and parchment.
Dear Sera,

I'm very glad to hear that. Also it sucks about the students, surely the professors could beat some sense in to them or something, right? Well, maybe not. It depends. Also please don't kill me, if you did, you wouldn't have me to hang out with for seventh year and that would be a big loss, wouldn't it? Haha!

Aw, I miss you a lot, you know? Considering the only other Durmstrang students here are Moko and Aaliyah...and they're seventh years. Sure, there's a few nice people around, but I miss having you to hang out with and joke about with. It's hard to relax here because even more so than usual we have to be on our best behaviour. And rubbish, I am sure there are a few people there who can stand you, because you are a lovely person and surely other people can see that, can't they? Perhaps I'm a little biased, I don't know.

Anyway, Moko's doing great. She aced the first task - though I think she fell in love with one of the Veela boys. It's actually quite funny to see, she was a bit spacey after the task ended. The Hogwarts New Zealand boy was out before he could even get started, and I think the Beauxbatons girl did alright, but not quite as well. Ah, I wish you were here to sit in the stands with me and so I could have a study partner! Oh well, we've still got seventh year, right?

I suppose I'd better stop rambling, Powell wants me to show her how my conjuring is going. Which I'm supposed to be practicing now, but I thought I'd much rather write to you. I suppose I can conjure up an excuse if she gets annoyed, hah!

Hope to hear from you soon!
Sergei

Giving Irina one more owl treat, he sent the poor owl off back to Durmstrang.

The days at the Institute were slowly becoming more and more monotonous than usual without her friend, Sergei, to keep her company. She only had a few girl friends but Sergei was the only one who she was really close too, the only person she could say she was so close to outside of her family of course. One day as Seraphina worked on her Dark Arts assignment she heard a tapping on the window beside her bed. Looking up she saw something which was the only thing that made her smile lately. Letting the poor bird in, Seraphina handing Irina a few treats which she had handy for her. Pushing a pink strand of hair behind her ear she read Sergei's letter, her smile never faded. After she read and re-read it a few times she started her reply
Dear Sergei said:
Haha what a way to start a letter. Are you wanting to go back to the early days of Durmstrang when the Professor's wouldn't have thought twice about beating the students? Anyway I think it works just fine with the Professors giving out normal punishments and the students beating up each other - even though that isn't much better. OK! I suppose you can live until we both get out of this place. Merlin I can't wait until Graduation! To finally be out of here and in the real world, it's going to be great! And yes, it would be a big loss you big oaf.

You on your best behaviour?! Haha that would be great to see, I'd never let it go. But I suppose it's all about 'being role models for the school!' You'd think you already do enough of that by being Prefect? They are awful demanding aren't they? If you can't tell I'm being sarcastic, suck it up and before you know it you'll be back here making havoc with me again in no time. And yes I think you are a little more than biased. The only people apart from you who can stand me are Steph and Detrick (who are too caught up in each other these days to even talk to me any more) and Kalina is out after all the boys as ever. Hurry up and get back here!

Oh wouldn't you know Moko had to go out do herself. That girl is one hell of an over achiever! But fair play to her, better her than the other two. Oh sweet Merlin! I'm sure Moko would have been a picture after being in contact with the Veelas. I can't believe they had real Veelas, it's not very fair! And what use would you have for a study partner? Beauxbatons has really changed you if you're studying these days haha.

Awww boo Powell she always has to ruin the fun, why could she not be like another mother and stay at home for a while with her baby? Anyway I suppose you better get back to your work, you were always good at pulling excuses out of your backside when the time called for it so I'm sure you'll be fine. Good luck!

Write back soon,
Sera
As soon as she signed off her letter she folded it up again and gave it back to Irina, she felt sorry for the bird but she was grateful for it passing the letters between the friends with little hassle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back