Let Loose and Live a Little

Zoe-Hope Weasley

OOC First Name
Zoey
Wand
Bloodwood Wand 15 1/4
It was late evening, and Zoe needed some fresh air, so she put on her emerald green hat, and scarf and headed towards the forbidden forest, alone. She enjoyed the fresh spring air, and the slight breeze gave her sudden chills as it swayed her hair back and forth. "Lumos" She called out, as she neared the darkness of the mysterious forest. She knew it was forbidden, but something alluring had always captured her attention. Probably because she was quite the prankster, considering she was a prefect. She always looked for loopholes in rules, and sometimes even flat out broke them. Sitting on a stump of a fallen tree, she made little sparks; green, red, then green again. She was bored, and wanted something to do. She needed something mischievous to do.

Lily was out for a walk before curfew, hoping to catch a bit of fresh air before she was 'locked' into the castle for the night. As she wandered along the lawn, she spotted some sparks a bit into the forest. Pulling her wand out and lighting it, she walked cautiously into the woods, carefully picking where she stepped. She soon saw a figure sitting on a stump, and approached slowly. Once the light from her wand hit the hair, a familiar red, she smiled. "Zoe I should have known it was you out here!" she exclaimed with a laugh.

Zoe nearly jumped when she heard Lily call out her name. She turned, and smiled. "Who else would be out here?" Putting out the green sparks, she got up and gave Lily a hug. She hadn't seen her friend since the last year, and wondered how she was doing. "So how was your winter break, Lily?" She asked, sitting back down on the stump. Bugs were now coming out, attracted by the light from their wands, and they were flying into Zoe's hair. She put her hair up in a tight bun, and the little fly aways behind her ears so bugs wouldn't fly in now.

Lily laughed as she turned around and found a log nearby and quickly moved it with her wand over close to where Zoe was seated. "Winter break? Could have been much better than it was. How about yours?" She settled herself on the log. Wrapping her arms around her legs as she sat, she looked over at the redhead, wondering if she knew what had happened between herself and Blake.

Zoe could tell by Lily's response that something had happened. Though she wasn't a nosy person, curiosity got the best of her, and she responded. "My break, just went by eventlessly, if that's even a word." She continued. "Well, you said it could have been better than it was? What happened?" Zoe asked, hoping Lily was alright. She lifted her wand, and aimed at a little squirrel that ran by, and cast "Statuap", out of boredom, causing it to turn into a statue. She didn't intend on keeping it a statue for long, just something to abide her antsy state.

Lily was a bit shocked that Zoe hadn't heard the rumors yet, especially since she was in the same house as Blake. "Well," she started, looking down at the ground. "Blake and I broke up." She sat there, not really sure what to say. "It was all my fault really. I brought it on myself, but it still hurts." Lily felt the tears start to well up again in her eyes. She had been doing so well as of late that she was a bit surprised at the tears.

Zoe was caught off guard a little upon hearing that Lily and Blake had broken up. They had been together for what seemed like forever! She could tell the Ravenclaw was in distress, and she leaned in, and comforted her. "It's alright Lily, what happened?" Zoe asked in a concerned voice. She was a very good listener, and she found that people opened up to her easier than they did to a lot of other people. She always thought it was her red hair. Red hair seemed to make people feel more comfortable.

Lily looked up, knowing that she would be able to talk to Zoe and not have her judge. "Well, like I said, it's all my fault. I couldn't handle the guilt any longer." Taking in a deep breath, she continued. "Last term, I kissed Ford. I finally told Blake this summer when we got back from Estrella's wedding. I couldn't lie to him any longer. I love him, I always will, but he deserves better than me. Someone who won't go kissing other guys."

Upon hearing what Lily had to say to her, Zoe looked down at her feet. Poor Blake. He seemed fine at Try-outs, I hope he's alright. She thought to herself as she tried to figure out what to say. "Oh, uhm, so is there something going on between you and Ford now?" Zoe asked, and she began to kick the heels of her feet against the tree. Zoe had always thought that Lily and Blake were the cutest couple, and even Lily just admitted that she still loved him, so she wasn't sure how it could have all fallen apart.

"Well," Lily's cheeks tinged pink. "I really don't know what is going on between us. I met up with Ford last weekend in Brightstone." A bit of a twinkle caught her eyes. "He gave me the key to our apartment." She looked at Zoe to see what kind of reaction this news would have on her friend. "I am moving in with Ford, Courtney Potter and Kale Thomas after graduation. Over the holiday I will be starting to move my things in, buying a bed, that kind of stuff." The excitement of the apartment started to grow inside her again and a small smile spread over her face.

Zoe's eyebrows raised, she was confused. Lily had just finished saying how she still loved Blake, but she was already moving in with Ford and others. "Well, congrats on the apartment, if you need help. I volunteer myself to help you with any moving you need done." Zoe said, with a small smile. She had to remember; Lily was her friend, and no matter what she couldn't judge her. It would also be a nice thing to see some old friends and housemates, even though Courtney was technically her boss, which Zoe found hysterical.

"Thanks," Lily responded. "It was a sudden decision, but when Courtney asked me to move in it kinda made sense. I can't go home to the States. My work is here. Both Quidditch teams that I am being scouted by are here. Courtney and Ford are both playing one of the teams scouting me. It just made sense, you know?" She looked Zoe in the eyes, and smiled. "Kind of a situation of convenience."

"Oh, you're going for quidditch? Which teams are you being scouted by?" Zoe asked, thankful that the tone of the conversation changed to a much lighter one. "I'm also looking into a quidditch career, but haven't been scouted since I didn't play last year or the year before, so I'm going to have to try out from scratch." She said, as she got up and walked towards the statue of the squirrel she froze moments before. "Finite." She called out, pointing to the statue. She smirked as the squirrel ran away as though time hadn't frozen for it at all.

Lily stood, watching Zoe with the squirrel. "Auckland and Wollogong. Not sure which one I want more. It would be nice to play on the same team as Courtney and Ford though. Especially since we are all in one apartment. I kinda think its gonna be a blast." Her excitement was starting to over take the sadness again and shine through. Then she thought of Blake again, and sobered. "I only wish that it was Blake and I moving in the place together. That was the plan. Then I screwed up, and, well, he will never trust me again." She turned to look into the forest. "Besides, he will never take me back. Ever."

"Don't think like that. You can put all that behind you. Just think; soaring through the air, flying, playing quidditch. That's the best job in the world!" Zoe said as she put her arm over Lily's shoulder, and gave her a half-hug. "Not to mention you have, probably the best room mates in the world. Kale, Courtney and Ford? Now I'm getting jealous." She contined on with a wink. At least Lily had a place to stay after Hogwarts. Zoe didn't know what else she was going to do. She still hadn't fully made up her mind, and no way she was going to go home to her dad's place. She was done with that old apartment, she had already packed her things before she left for the winter break. She'd figure something out eventually.

"You know, I have a feeling this apartment is going to be one of the best choices I have ever made," Lily said with a smile for her friend. She was grateful that Zoe wasn't judgemental of her like so many others were as of late. "So, going with anyone to the Halloween Bash?" she asked quickly, wondering if there was a guy in Zoe's life right now. She felt so out of touch with her friends since she mostly spent her time with Blake. Now that they were apart, it was odd that she noticed the change.

"No, I'm not going to the Halloween Bash with anyone. I'm going to be a lonely vampire." Zoe said, looking down and doing a realistic, but fake sniffle. She brought her hands to her eyes, and began to rub, and continued to sniffle, as though she were crying. "Nobody likes me. I wasn't asked to the Bash!" She moaned, keeping her face down. She loved to play little pranks on people, and even though she wasn't the greatest actor, she was doing a pretty good job at "crying". Hopefully Lily would fall for it.

Lily sighed. She hadn't meant to make Zoe cry. If she was really paying attention, she would have seen right through her act, but Lily was not totally herself. "You know that isn't true. We love you Zoe." Putting her arm around her, she have her a light hug. "Plus, you can come and hang by me and my date. I am sure there will be a few others with us so it wouldn't just be the three of us."

Zoe grinned to herself, and sniffled a little more. "Thanks Lily," She began, with her face still looking down. "You know what? You're probably the most gullible friend I've ever had, and I love you for it." Zoe then looked up, grinning at Lily and she started laughing.
She then paused, replaying what Lily had said to her. "Wait, you said your date? Who are you going with?" A little surprised, trying to figure out who else in this school she could be going with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back