Lennie and Georgie

Joceline Richarde

OOC First Name
Pat
Sexual Orientation
Bi-Sexual
Wand
Yew Wand 13 1/2" Essence of Phoenix Feather.
Joceline had been studying in her dorm room, when her stomach growled quietly. She blushed when a few heads in her dorm turned and said, "I forgot to eat today." She excused her self quietly and tucked her books away but kept one muggle book in her hand so she could read as she ate. Before leaving she changed into some clothes that she thought were much more appropriate - and less embarrassing - then her bright pink pajamas(sp?). She put on some faded blue jeans and a loose white and brown long-sleeved shirt.

When she reached the Great Hall she scurried past the Gryffindor table because she saw her brother and took a seat at the Slytherin table quietly. She poured herself some pumpkin juice and took a salad with chick peas and tomatoes then opened, Of Mice and Men and began reading as she ate in silence. Because... because I got you to look after me, and you got me to look after you, and that's why.

Thomas was in the Ravenclaw common room. The only place he seemed to be these days, apart from the library. He sighed, looking out the window, he saw people, enjoying themselves, despite the up and coming exams. After a few minutes of gazing, he was brought back to reality with the sound of one of his books falling on the floor.

He started to absentmindedly look though some notes, that he had read over so many times, but the fact of been a Ravenclaw, compelled him to read them over and over again. Again, his mind slipped from his revision. Food he thought, he wasn't able to focus without it. Something he tried to convince his friend, Autumn, not too long ago. Getting up of his chair, he tidied his notes and placed them into his bag and left the common room, making his way to the Great Hall.

As he lazily made his way through corridor after corridor, he started to relax, glad of getting away from his books, and stretching his legs. After a few minutes of walking he arrived at the Great Hall. The Ravenclaw table was empty, apart from a few older students studing, never bother a Ravenclaw when it's coming up to exams he thought as he scanned the Great Hall, for someone he knew, wanting some company right now.

He eyes landed on the Slytherin table, and he saw the back of someone familiar. Slowly walking over to the table, he stood behind her for a moment, "Hey you." He said happily, once he was sure it was her.

"Hey you," a familiar, joyful voice said to her.

Joceline's lips formed a gentle smile as she recognized it was Tommy, her azure eyes lit up softly and she turned her head towards him, in a single glance confirming her guess. "Hey Tommy," she breathed as she shut the book between her fingers and stood up to hug her only friend.

She sat back down and tapped the bench beside her and asked quietly, "Would you like to join me?" She smirked when she realized that her French accent was slowly decreasing. Joce licked her thumb carefully and folded the corner of the page down softly and put the book face down on the table, remembering to be polite and pay attention to her company.

Joceline then picked up her fork and fiddled with her half finished food as she waited for Thomas' response. For some reason the small girl found her cheeks flushing a subtle pink and her stomach twisting nervously, luckily it was quite warm in the Great Hall and she would be able to lie and say that she was just warm, if he asked why she was blushing.

Thomas smiled when Joceline got up and gie him a hug, he returned it. "Hi Joce. I would love to join you, thank you." He said, sitting down on the bench beside her. He saw out of the corner of his eye that she had a book so he reached for a drink and a plate and put a few random pieces of food on it.

"So what are you reading?" He asked, noticing that she put the book away.

Joceline beamed at Thomas when he sat down beside her, she picked up her glass of pumpkin juice and took a small sip. She then heard him ask her a question, "So what are you reading?" she nodded her head to show that she had heard him as she set down her glass and swallowed the cold orange liquid before responding, "Of Mice and Men, it's a muggle book," She smiled then admitted with a small shrug of her oddly small shoulders, "I'm a bit of a literature nerd." She didn't care much what anyone thought about her enjoying her fair share of literature. She knew she was more Ravenclaw-ish then she let off, she was not ashamed of it though, in fact she embraced her love of literature and all that surrounded it. Odd thing to dislike Ravenclaws, she thought as she pressed her lips together, knowing full well that Aiden didn't like Ravenclaws because their father was one, sure she understood that, but she was not going to discriminate the whole bunch of them because there was one bad egg.

Thomas, slightly impressed, smiled at Joceline. "Nice choice. One of my favorites." He said truthfully. He give a small laugh, "Well nothing wrong about been a literature nerd." He said with a wink. He reached into his robe pocket and pulled out a tattered old book, "See, your not alone." He said, putting down an old copy of 1984 by George Orwell on the table in front of him.

He stuck his fork into the food on his plate and started to eat. He started to feel less sick now, it was good to get out of the common room, every once in a while.

Joceline looked over at the book Thomas pulled out and beamed brightly, "I love George Orwell!" Miniluv! she chirped lamely in her mind. She smiled slightly and said honestly, "He's one of my favorite authors of his time." She smiled, and her blue eyes illuminated brightly, she couldn't help but be a little embarrassed at her reaction of this finding, but there really was nothing she could do about it now. She raised her eye brows as she realized that Thomas had the same last name as Winston, then rolled them at herself.

Thomas beamed at Joceline's reaction, "He was a great author indeed." He agreed. As Thomas chewed his food he pondered as to what to say next, he found it so hard to talk to girls, maybe apart from Autumn, with her it seemed as natural as breathing. "So how have things been, you since the cooking club incident?"

Joceline rolled her eyes at the thought of Isabella then said, "She doesn't matter, everything is fine dearie." She flashed Tommy a pretty smile then asked curiously, "How are you? Studying hard?" Of course he is, try and think of something smarter to say, she thought harshly then as she waited for a response she tried to think of the next thing they could speak about, she didn't like awkward moments and it seemed around Thomas that was all she was, she got flustered and blushed more then she usually did, which she found was an irritant more then anything else.

lame post ^^

Thomas smiled sincerely at Joceline, he truely felt sorry for the angst that she would has had to endure. Thomas give a snort, "Yeah. It can be a drag at times, but when your a Ravenclaw you feel complelled to study hard. You know?" He said with a shrug, and a parent who would kill you for not doing well he thought. "What about yourself? You all set?" He returned.

((All my posts suck))

Joceline shrugged her shoulders as if she was blowing the whole studying thing off and admitted shyly, "I don't need to study, I just like to do it to fill the time." This was true, Joceline was one of those lucky few that could slack off and still got amazing grades at the end of it all, which she wasn't too proud to admit, so she just made it look like she worked extremely hard when really she was putting in average effort, maybe less then that.

((So Pat in RL <_< I hate her for it))

Thomas listened to Joceline, amaused and shocked at the same time, "Well aren't we the lucky one." He said, with a laugh. "Well from that statement you should have been in Ravenclaw, you are definately smart enough," He said, pausing for a drink, "And your aren't mean, so I don't know why you are in Slytherin." He said truthfully. She had been nothing but nice to him, he had yet to see a Slytherin trait in her.

[God I know I hate people like that.. when really a lot of them are my best friends]

Joceline blushed when Thomas called her smart, though she wasn't sure why she had blushed, she knew that she was intelligent. "I can be mean to people who have earned it," Joceline murmured to Thomas then she shrugged her shoulders and said, "I try to be nice to as many people as I can though, I've made many enemies here before I came.. " She shrugged again and rolled her eyes with an air of coldness in her small actions.

Thomas listened to Joceline, "I can't see you been mean to anyone." He said gently, But everyone can have their dark sides he thought to himself as he continued to eat his food. Thomas escaped Joceline's gaze when she mentioned she had made enemies, knowing all too well who she could she be talking about. "How goes it with your enemies? he said, unsure how to word the question.

Joceline flashed Thomas a warm smile as he spoke to her but it failed at his next words and she looked away from him and said, "As good as it can get I suppose, but I'm just avoiding Slytherins on a whole, it seems all of the Ravenclaws are untouched by all of the drama I have with Aiden, which is why you're my friend love." She gave Thomas a playful grin to show that she was joking at the last bit, but most of the Ravenclaws she had met - which admittedly weren't many - didn't like or didn't know him, so she was fine with being their friends, and acquaintances.

Thomas listened to Joceline, he felt sorry for her, he couldn't even start to contemplate what it would be like to avoid his own house mates, "All Slytherins couldn't be that bad?" He asked, knowing that there was some good in all people.

Thomas smiled back at Joceline, he had gotten used to her use of the word love in casual conversation after their last meeting, despite it still been weird, "And I'm very glad to be your friend." He said in return

Joceline shrugged her shoulders and said, "No, but the older ones seem to know my brother so.." She flashed him a pretty smile but blushed when he returned her words with his own. Joceline picked up her glass of Pumpkin juice, she took a small sip before setting it down and tracing her thin fingers around the lip of the glass sheepishly.

"Well what about the one's in our year?" He asked, not fully knowing what most students in his own yeah were like, he barely knew any of them. Thomas watched as Joceline blushed, Do girls do that a lot, or what is they deal with that he thought to himself, it was something girls did around him, well Joceline and Autumn anyway.

Joceline pursed her lips in thought for a second before answering, "Well you see, I seem to have picked up my father's great socializing skills so I really only have you as my friend and two other people as acquaintances, but I haven't seen them in.. 3 months or so." She shrugged her shoulders and said, "It doesn't matter much, I'm an introvert, being by myself comes naturally." She flashed Thomas a small smile though the truth was she was lonely, quite lonely in fact. I wonder what that nice Gryffindor girl is up to, or what the boy that insists on people liking Quidditch is up to, Brian and Andromeda, she thought to herself with a small shrug and roll of her eyes at the thought of them, though they were both quite nice and she had enjoyed their company.

Thomas couldn't fully believe what he was hearing, "And, I assume, most of this could be down to your brother?" He asked, "You certainly not shy." He added. "So who are these acquaintances?" He asked, if one of them was Ravenclaw, he might know who it was.

Joceline shrugged her shoulders not knowing how to respond to Thomas' first few words and then said, "Brain Getathorn and Andy something or rather." She smiled at him and then added, "Brain is in Ravenclaw and Andy is in Gryffindor."

Thomas passed off Joceline's shrug and took a drink of his juice, deciding it would be best to change the subject. Thomas nodded, "Well I've seen Brain around the common room, he seems nice enough." he said. Once he finished his food, he rested his head on his hands, and give a yawn, revision was taking a lot more out of him, than he expected. Shaking his head he said, "Oppps, sorry about that. I hope this revision thing gets easier with time." He said.

Joceline nodded her head and said, "Yes but he seems to want to make me a great flyer." She rolled her eyes at this then said, "Ugh I'm so happy that class is almost over." She looked over at Thomas and asked in a gentle voice as she placed her hand softly on his shoulder, "Are you tired?" She smiled at the young boy as she waited for his response rubbing his back soothingly, but it wasn't awkward in the least as it was a friendly action perhaps even a sisterly one.

Thomas smiled, "Well there's nothing wrong with that." He said, "Do you not enjoying flying?" He asked, when he saw her roll her eyes.

Fighting the urge to yawn again Thomas looked at Joceline. She was so nice to be sympathetic to him, he thought how lucky he was to have such a good friend in Joceline. Giving a weak smile he said, "Its nothing really, just a few too many late nights catching up on me." He said truthfully. "And I agree, the winter break will be great. What are you doing for it?" He asked.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back