Old School Week Lemon, Corn, Sandwich

((she says requiescat in pace so i think shes planning to assassinate you???))

Cononor nodded awkwardly. "oh.. cool."

((Cool. That means she will have to come over here to visit. You could come too. One final party before assacination attempt))
They reached the leaky and went inside taking a seat. He looked at TJ e menu and decided not to get a sandwich after all. so what have you been up to? he asked.

((sounds like fun lol))

Connor shrugged at the question and fidgeted with the menu feeling awkward. "work mostly."

((Ill put it in my callender:p))
Linden could see Connor fidgeting. “Cool where are you working again?” he could not remember the last place he had heard Connor was working. Only that it was a long time ago and he probably wasn’t still there.

connor shruged. "im still at vibez." he said awkwardly. he felt like he really should have a real job like his classmates all seemed to but when he had tried to go back to studying it had been a disaster. "im the assistant manager now."

Linden raised his eyebrows slightly assistant manager. That’s impressive. He said. Remembering that he actually did need to go to vibes and get some new pants as he kept wearing out the knees on his usual work ones.

connor shrugged slightly, wondeeirng if linden was making fun of him. he knww working in the same shpo he'd been at since he was fifteen was a littl epathetic when linden had a real job, but he didnt SOUND like he was making fun. "thanks." He mumbled, hding behind the mneu.

Linden smiled slightly glad that Connor was being unangry today. cool. I’m gonna go get a drink. Do you want anything” he said. Getting up.

[[in a very un old school comment as old school was pre smart phones. sorry I am at the shops. Just trying to track down things for dinner. I have learned that there is an Asian food store near me but it is more middle eastern and Indian than East Asian]]

((oooh yum get something good!!))

connor nodded glad he would have a moment to collect his thoughts. "a butterbeer?"

Linden got up and went to the bar ordering a butterbeer a cider and some nachos. Before returning to the table with the drinks.

connor took a few breaths and tried to calm down. linden didnt mseem like e was lookign for a fight so maybe this would be okay. "thanks." he said with a smlie once linden came back. it was hard remembering how to just talk to people normally. "so... uh... what are you doing these days?"

linden took a mouthful of his cider "not much. mostly working too. though i do have a plan for a trip down south to try and find and examine some rare creatures." he said.

connor nodded, fidgeting slightly with his hands again. "sounds fun." he shrugged. "What kind of creatures?:"

"I hope so. there are some magical moose like creatures that are really shy that are meant to live in fjordland. but they haven't been seen for years"[ he said.

connors eyes widened. "moose? in aotearoa?" he blinked in confusion. he had to have heard wrogn.. connor had spent mosth of his life in australia so here was a lot he didnt know about this country but he was pretty sure he would have remembered moose.

((BRB. Going for a walk as I have done nothing tonight. Rocking to hot hits of 2008 for osw inspiration))

linden nodded "yes. they are very shy and haven't been seen for ages. and very little is known about them or their powers" he said holding himself back from giving a whole list of suspected powers about them.

cononr nodded, surprised. moose huh. "i didnt know there werre moose here.'

linden shrugged. "I am not suprissed they are not very well known. they are not actual moose, but magical creatures that look like moose. I think there are some muggle myths about them. but they are mostly wrong" he said. one of the things that was known about them was the story the ministry had made up over a century ago about muggles releasing actual moose in the area which was a genius idea to cover up the real magical creatures. any actual evidence of them hidden in plain sight.

Connor listened in surrpise. "Oh wow. And youre gonna fo find one?"

"I'm gonna try"

"spounds cool." connor nodded.

((i g2g 2 bed xoxo))

(( yeah, u kind of do. Sleep well))

linden wasn't sure how much longer he could carry the conversation without boring connor to death about animals or making an obvious topic change. just then the waitress arrived with his nachos. the plate was largerthan he had been expecting. he picked up a CORNchip and scooped some of the topping up with it and ate it. "hwelp worself" he said

Connor looked up when the food arrived and was surprised wen linden invited him to share. "Thanks." He mumbled, helping himself ot some nachos.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back