Legacy

Spencer Owens

OOC First Name
Dan
Wand
Straight 12 1/2 Inch Unyielding Aspen Wand with Mermaid Scale Core
Coming back to school Spencer was feeling pressure that came with having a sibling appointed prefect. He now had something to look up to. With that weighing on him Spencer headed to the grounds to relax and ended up in his favourite place, the Hogwarts garden. He'd been quiet in his first year but was determined to join the wild patch club in his second, start making an impression. Spencer took a seat on the bench near one of the flower patches and leaned his head back.

The outdoors was Leila's favourite place to be and she felt lucky that Hogwarts had such a beautiful garden to explore. Jess was busy that afternoon so Leila decided to take a trip to the Garden's on her own. She decided that she would pick some flowers for her best friend and maybe make her a little flower crown too. She followed the path around the garden while looking closely for the perfect flowers. There was an ideal bunch of baby's breath not too far away and she decided that it would look great in a crown. She skipped over to the plant and began to carefully pick the best parts of it. Once she had finished she jumped up and realised that someone had sat on the bench just outside of the flower patch. Leila quietly giggled as she saw that the boy looked like he was sleeping. Her eyes glistened as a mischievous thought popped into her head. Leila quietly crept over to the boy and began dangling the plant just above his nose so it would tickle him.

One minute Spencer was listening to the sound of birds and the gentle breeze sweeping through the grass then suddenly he was being tickled by something on his nose. He must have fallen asleep, he hoped he hadn't snored, Charlotte used to tease him about that. "Who's there?" He asked sitting up and swatting wjatever it was that was tickling. He laid eyes on a young girl he recognised from sorting, a first year and a Gryffindor at that, she was clearly out for mischief. "I suppose I should thank you for waking me up," He laughed awkwardly.

Leila giggled as she saw the boy's nose twitch when the plant touched it. It seemed that she laughed too loud as the boy appeared to wake up and she instantly ducked behind the bench, foolishly thinking that boy wouldn't be able to see her. Leila slowly made her way back up to her full height (which was still, admittedly, small) and grinned a little sheepishly. "I wanted to see if I could wake you up with this" she explained, gesturing to the plant in her hand "turns out I can" she said trying to stifle a giggle. "I'm sorry" she said looking at her feet "I don't blame you falling asleep here, it's so peaceful and beautiful. I could spend my whole life in these gardens!" she sighed.

Spencer laughed, there was something about the girl that he couldn't get mad at. "Well congratulations, I guess because it worked," Spencer grinned and moved over on the bench so she could sit. The girl seemed pretty impressed with herself that she managed to wake him as she struggled to hold back the giggles. Spencer smiled broadly as she talked about the garden, he felt the same way, it truly was a beautiful place. "I know, I think I spent most of my first year on this bench, its just such a peaceful place to be, and I'm very rarely disturbed here, today being the exception," He grinned at her. "I'm Spencer by the way, Spencer Owens,"

Leila shrugged her shoulders and grinned "good to know!" she replied as she sat on the available space on the bench that the boy had made for her. She sighed and leaned back as she listened to Spencer's view of the garden. "It's wonderful. It reminds me of home actually. Mom has the most incredible garden with flowers and herbs and stuff" she chatted to him. "Nice to meet you Spencer. Spence... Spenny?" she said "I'm Leila Walden" she grinned. "I've heard of that name, Owens, before... Do you have any siblings?" she asked the boy.

It was nice to meet someone who had the same appreciation for the gardens as he did. "Oh that sounds amazing," He smiled, Spencer would love to have a similar garden at his house but he wasn't as fortunate. When the girl introduced herself her name sounded familiar, and she seemed to think the same about his and she had a little fun drumming out a nickname for him. "I can safely say no one has ever called me Spenny," He laughed. "Walden sounds familiar too, I have a sister her name is Charlotte, is your sister called Maddie?" He asked, he was sure his sister had mentioned having a friend by that name.

Leila nodded "I'd love for you to see it sometime, you would absolutely love it!" she paused "if you couldn't come and see it in person I'd have to send you a photo or something. But it wouldn't be as impressive in a photo I don't think" she said thoughtfully. "Oooh good!" she clapped "I'll call you Spenny then!" she grinned at the boy. Her eyes widened when she realised who the boy actually was "Yes! Charlotte, Charlotte Owens. I've heard of your sister from mine!" she replied " yeah, my sister is called Maddie. Our siblings already know each other! How cool is that?"

Spencer grinned as Leila suggested showing him her mothers garden. He would love to see the garden, it could be something that happens in the future. Once he found out who the girls sister was he realised their siblings were best friends, so it was possible the pair would see a lot of each other in the coming years. "No I don't think photos do beautiful things justice," He smiled as he looked out to the garden. Spencer laughed when she decided that she would call him Spenny, she would be the first and hopefully the last to give him that name. "It is really cool, I guess this means we'll be seeing a lot of each other,"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back